Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    You missed the part where the investigation already happened and there is plenty of proof. Sure they will have their day in court, but if a person is holding the murder weapon atop a bloody corpse and other 100 people said they watched him stab someone, don't be surprised if the court rules that he is a murderer.

Being overly skeptical of everything is not a good thing, and contrary to popular belief, not a sign of intelligence either.
    What does this false equivalence have anything to do with my post?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    He got a $100m+ bonus last year. Dude can hire the best PR letter writer on planet earth.
    This right here. For people in positions of power or with vast monetary resources, anything that wasn't said in person (and could be rehearsed if in person) should not be taken as their actual words unless proven otherwise.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    a hundred years ago most people became homeless and lost their livelihoods because of capitalist greed. never at any point in time would you or I be "kings" in the capitalist system.
    Not true, not in the US. America was still accepting immigrants in the 1920s. Many immigrants made a fortune in the first quarter of the 20th century because they risked everything to come to a capitalist system that they heard held the promise of reward for hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by vincink View Post
    Not true, not in the US. America was still accepting immigrants in the 1920s. Many immigrants made a fortune in the first quarter of the 20th century because they risked everything to come to a capitalist system that they heard held the promise of reward for hard work.
    ever heard of the great depression? and no they created their fortunes in the aftermath of the world war where unions were at their peak and taxes on the wealthy equally so. also didn't hurt that nearly every other industrialized country in the world was a smoldering pile of rubble.

15+ Year Old Account
    a hundred years ago most people became homeless and lost their livelihoods because of capitalist greed. never at any point in time would you or I be "kings" in the capitalist system.
    And now, millions have apartments with dogs and thousands of dollars of video games while arguing across the world on tiny computers. What a horrible system!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Straga21 View Post
    It is not something else. If they bring proof on an individual level. I will believe those ones. If someone says oh yeah I was totally molested during a drunken work party 10 years ago, it was not consensual or anything like it totally happened and all the proof I have is that I am saying this. Now that we've got that out of the way I'd like my thousands of lawsuit dollars on my credit card by tomorrow.
    Well, Straga21, at this point you will only believe that they are guilty if they come out and scream that. While I can understand your reasoning, you are literally ignoring all the signs. Saying that, not all information is out, but this case is like a centipede, the shoes keep on dropping and when everything falls in place, you will reach the same concusion that many here already arrived, just six months later.

While I totally agree with some skepticism, I also believe you are going overboard on it.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

I mean, while this statement is ten times better then anything i have heard from anyone the last days, we need to wait before we judge "empty words" until we See some Action. I know alot of people are upset and even i consider to take a break from the game(s) but people need to wait with their rude words. You have to give them at least a chance to correct their mistakes, before you write another hateful messages. This whole process needs time. And for the people who are saying thst He didnt write it himself, come on, there are just a few people who do this in such a crisis or in politics in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    And now, millions have apartments with dogs and thousands of dollars of video games while arguing across the world on tiny computers. What a horrible system!
    and now they all face evictions and medical, school debt. work dead end jobs with no way of making their living situation better because heaven forbid we tax Amazon, like at all.

As opposed to what, eating our infants under the communist regime?
    I'll take "Possible King" over "guaranteed poor" anytime of the day, thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there are 2 businesses, one goes full blizzard corporation and one is a humble ma and pa shop, you'd blame the system and not the people who chose to go full corporation? Lol
    If the system allowed for the birth of a Blizzard type corporation, I would blame the system. Just because the system can do good it does not mean it cant do bad things. Not to mention that today's economy is a oligopoly, the ma an pa shops are dying all around the USA.

While you can argue the details, corporations and corporativism are a direct consequence of capitalism. Free market and capitalism is at the core of many problems that we have today. E.G.: Insulin and big pharma in the US.

Not here to argue which system is better because it's pointless, but capitalism comes with a lot of baggage and many problems.
    Well, technically, the free market never existed and would never exist. There's always someone intervening: corporations fixing prices between them or parceling where each one can sell, buyers boicoting corporations, goverments taxing products or putting custom duties, brokers manipulating the market, etc.
    Free market is a fairy tale.

Bobby is a complete MORON with a capital MO

If the system allowed for the birth of a Blizzard type corporation, I would blame the system. Just because the system can do good it does not mean it cant do bad things. Not to mention that today's economy is a oligopoly, the ma an pa shops are dying all around the USA.
    The system was flawed from the begining, it's just that now we're seeing it collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    As opposed to what, eating our infants under the communist regime?
    I'll take "Possible King" over "guaranteed poor" anytime of the day, thank you.
    who are you talking to? I don't see anyone saying we need to implement communism, is that the mind bats?

10+ Year Old Account
    You conveniently excluded the income inequality, the millions of people that live in insecure food households, the millions of people in crushing debt and the massive poverty and starvation around the world.

While I am not against capitalism per se, this idea that it's perfect and can do no wrong is pretty silly.

15+ Year Old Account
    and now they all face evictions and medical, school debt. work dead end jobs with no way of making their living situation better because heaven forbid we tax Amazon, like at all.
    Almost all of those things were chosen by the individual because that hasn't happened to me and many other people. Also they complain about all that while having the newest iphone every year, lol.

who are you talking to? I don't see anyone saying we need to implement communism, is that the mind bats?
    If capitalism is so bad, what would you replace it with, then?

- - - Updated - - -

You conveniently excluded the income inequality, the millions of people that live in insecure food households, the millions of people in crushing debt and the massive poverty and starvation around the world.
    I don't get this part, what's wrong with income inequality? I don't want income to be equal, because then I've got nothing left to strive for.
    I want to be able to make millions while my neighbour next door makes thousands if I play my card rights, have the right ideas and enough luck. I don't want that chance at striking it big gone.

And as for the rest... why are you assuming that insecure food households, poverty and starvation are a problem of capitalism? That stuff exist everywhere, in every system.

While I am not against capitalism per se, this idea that it's perfect and can do no wrong is pretty silly.
    Nobody holds that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Again you are misrepresenting what he said and are lying about what he is doing. Your silence and refusal to condemn the behavior that Alex called out is tells me you are OK with it. Your silence speaks volumes.
    Wrong. Cope.

Almost all of those things were chosen by the individual because that hasn't happened to me and many other people.
    because it hasn't happened to you? sexual assault doesn't happen because it's never happened to you? people just make bad choices when they go to college and then can't find work because the economy collapsed and have to work at McDonalds because you've never gone out and gotten a job? I see what the problem is here, you lack any and all manner of empathy. your posts are dripping in it.

Blaming everything (for example) a culture of rampant sexual harassment at a company on society is an easy scapegoat and only serves to diminish the personal culpability of abusers.