Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    The system was flawed from the begining, it's just that now we're seeing it collapse.
    Well, while you claim collapse, I'm on my lunch break watching people eat outside on a nice day without a care in the world at my restaurant. Honestly, go outside lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    because it hasn't happened to you? sexual assault doesn't happen because it's never happened to you? people just make bad choices when they go to college and then can't find work because the economy collapsed and have to work at McDonalds because you've never gone out and gotten a job? I see what the problem is here, you lack any and all manner of empathy. your posts are dripping in it.
    Iv'e been molested and I've gotten several men at work fired for harassing me and other women. Those men made a decision and now suffered the consequences, like we all do :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Almost all of those things were chosen by the individual because that hasn't happened to me and many other people. Also they complain about all that while having the newest iphone every year, lol.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias

It's like saying: "I have never been mugged, there's no crime in the world!"

I think you're too young, to naive, or both of them.

Iv'e been molested and I've gotten several men at work fired for harassing me and other women. Those men made a decision and now suffered the consequences, like we all do :^)
    again, it only seems to matter when it affects you. I'm legitimately sorry you had to deal with that but your behavior here is so truly and utterly bizarre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    If capitalism is so bad, what would you replace it with, then?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get this part, what's wrong with income inequality? I don't want income to be equal, because then I've got nothing left to strive for.
    I want to be able to make millions while my neighbour next door makes thousands if I play my card rights, have the right ideas and enough luck. I don't want that chance at striking it big gone.

And as for the rest... why are you assuming that insecure food households, poverty and starvation are a problem of capitalism? That stuff exist everywhere, in every system.

Nobody holds that idea.
    Apologies I should have written EXTREME income inequality. If someone makes millions and you make thousands that is, to some extent, acceptable. If someone make Billions and you make pennies, and most of those billions are inherited, that is another subject. SOme income inequality is good, extreme income inequality on the other hand, is not.

Because the predominant system in the world is capitalism and, as an economical system, it's role is to provide the basis for a decent economy for as many people as possible. If the system allows for all of these problems, that are economical in it's roots, to happen, it is the fault of the system.

Not saying we should change systems or anything, but the current state of the world is largely the responsability of capitalism, for good or ill.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Well, while you claim collapse, I'm on my lunch break watching people eat outside on a nice day without a care in the world at my restaurant. Honestly, go outside lol
    Rome didn't fall in one day. The collapse could encompass decades.

15+ Year Old Account
    again, it only seems to matter when it affects you. I'm legitimacy sorry you had to deal with that but your behavior here is so truly and utterly bizarre.
    Should i feel sorry for people that get a degree knowing it won't make them any money? I don't see why i would. Do you feel sorry for somebody that jumps a fence that says beware of dog and gets attacked by a dog?

5+ Year Old Account
    ever heard of the great depression? and no they created their fortunes in the aftermath of the world war where unions were at their peak and taxes on the wealthy equally so. also didn't hurt that nearly every other industrialized country in the world was a smoldering pile of rubble.
    Yes, I've heard of the Great Depression. It occurred in the 1930s, which is less than the 100 years ago you mentioned. What does this have to do with the capitalist system of America, which has existed at least since the late 18th century?
    Last edited by vincink; 2021-07-28 at 07:54 PM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias

It's like saying: "I have never been mugged, there's no crime in the world!"

I think you're too young, to naive, or both of them.
    More like: "I have never been mugged, guess I've been careful enough to avoid that".

15+ Year Old Account
    Rome didn't fall in one day. The collapse could encompass decades.
    Yeah, still waiting for that. The people outside sure have nice car though.

Should i feel sorry for people that get a degree knowing it won't make them any money?
    you mean a degree in computer science? because funnily enough when people go to college for those "liberal arts degrees" they tend to have a much wider selection of fields to work in. and no you're just making the case for your own sociopathy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    You need a reality check. He is a rapist.
    Are you really that surprised that someone who was defending Blizzard's statements that dismissed the lawsuit, and by extension the sexual misconduct taken against their female employees, would also not call Cosby a rapist?
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

15+ Year Old Account
    More like: "I have never been mugged, guess I've been careful enough to avoid that".
    I actually have. It was my zelda wind waker pre order bonus. You guys are conflating me saying individual choice when it's the other's choice to mug. Don't get a bad degree in college if you want to pay off debt (or just don't go at all).

Quote Originally Posted by vincink View Post
    Yes, I've heard of the Great Depression. It occurred in the 1930s, which is less than the 100 years ago you mentioned. What does this have to do with the capitalist system of America, which as existed at least since the late 18th century?
    that we find ourselves in the exact same social and economic climate we did then? like, take a pick of things that will cause the next crash, could be the housing bubble, could be student debt, could be the pandemic that's still happening.

People that spent more time on this forum in the last decade than IRL are telling other forum posters to go outside. This is one of the best threads EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Are you really that surprised that someone who was defending Blizzard's statements that dismissed the lawsuit, and by extension the sexual misconduct taken against their female employees, would also not call Cosby a rapist?
    Careful with those jumps in logic, one more and you'll fall off the Earth.

15+ Year Old Account
    you mean a degree in computer science? because funnily enough when people go to college for those "liberal arts degrees" they tend to have a much wider selection of fields to work in. and no you're just making the case for your own sociopathy.
    /shrug it's not like bitching about capitalism on a niche world of warcraft site's comment section is saving the world. I really don't like slackivist ideologues that just screech about things on the internet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Your reading comprehension needs some work.

"Either you're hiring the person most qualified for the job (this may include those who happen to be a minority), or you're hiring someone worse, but who ticks the quota checkmark."
    Or you can change your recruiting and intern programs to widen out their reach and get a different mix of candidates. You can still hire the best but with a wider, more diverse—more women, more persons of color—group of applicants and interns "the best" at the end of that process may happen to be a woman or person of color instead of a white guy. If your pool of candidates is heavily weighted towards white males then that's what you're going to get. The point here is more opportunity, not quotas. This is not complicated and people that cannot understand this are not trying.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-07-28 at 08:03 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

You can be careful and still be caught in the shit: for example, getting cancer on USA. Good luck with the private medical insurance.
    Do people with cancer are guilty of being ill?

/shrug it's not like bitching about capitalism on a niche world of warcraft site's comment section is saving the world. I really don't like slackivist ideologues that just screech about things on the internet
    lol says the one who literally complained about the environment capitalism creates. if you have nothing else to say you can just stop replying.

Ok so, when you connect this to the stuff that some of them have done it's obviously bad.

But on the other hand it's a private chat. Everyone has talked about fucking someone in a private chat. Just cause Dave said he's gathering "hot chixx" doesn't make him bad unless he actually went and harassed someone.

Same goes for Jesse McRee. Unless I missed something then he hasn't done anything. And the people who argue on twitter about renaming the OW character are idiots.