Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    lol says the one who literally complained about the environment capitalism creates. if you have nothing else to say you can just stop replying.
    I'm a lot more pragmatic than you it seems. And i'm hardly complaining. Capitalism can use some tweaks here and there, but life is good

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Ok so, when you connect this to the stuff that some of them have done it's obviously bad.

But on the other hand it's a private chat. Everyone has talked about fucking someone in a private chat. Just cause Dave said he's gathering "hot chixx" doesn't make him bad unless he actually went and harassed someone.

Same goes for Jesse McRee. Unless I missed something then he hasn't done anything. And the people who argue on twitter about renaming the OW character are idiots.
    Look at his profile picture. What in the world was this dude thinking? Why did nobody step in? Aren't these educated people? Oh boy

In-game Changes. We have heard the input from employee and player communities that some of our in-game content is inappropriate. We are removing that content.

would be interesting to know what exactly are those in-game content that are inappropriate. i would assume some of those are the name of certain npc's but what are the rest ?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I actually have. It was my zelda wind waker pre order bonus. You guys are conflating me saying individual choice when it's the other's choice to mug. Don't get a bad degree in college if you want to pay off debt (or just don't go at all).
    There's a problem with what you say:
    - The market suddenly needs samophlange engineers.
    - Johny, that he though "hey, the market really needs samophlange engineers! I'm gonna be a samphlange engineer so I can have lots of mony"
    - Johny spends 5 years of his live (and a lot of money) on Samophlange Institute of Technology, and now he is a samophlange engineer!
    - Too bad that the need of samophlange engineers was already covered 1 year ago and now he has no job expectation. I guess he should have studied to be discombobulator engineer. What an idiot!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    Careful with those jumps in logic, one more and you'll fall off the Earth.
    Bill Cosby was found guilty of drugging and sexually assaulting women, many of which claimed he raped them. The charges that were pursued were the ones easier to prove in a court of law, risking no conviction if they try and push rape charges, with there totaling around 60 accusers who are victims of rape and sexual assault (facilitated by Cosby drugging them). Anyone who believes that Bill Cosby is not a rapist at this point is an idiot.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Again, not what he said. People really need to stop with this dishonesty. Context is key and you obviously ignored it completely to make this BS statement.
    then give me the context and stop acting like whatever you say is right inherently. give me links to prove i took something out of context.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering one of the points of the lawsuit is criticizing Blizzard for their "mostly white male staff" (as if there's something wrong with being white or male, how heinous) I think it's naive to think this isn't exactly how things will play out.
    -.- what?
    they do know that 83% of usa population is white, that means that the overwhelming majority of work force at ANY american company should be white, and since males tend to work more than females, i bet it should also be mostly male
    ok don't shove sexuality, but seriously are they blaming a company for being majority white, in a majority white country? there are entire companies in india with pure non-white force, heck i bet most companies in mexico are hispanic, so are they also racists or for FUCK sake normal that the fucking majority race of ur country, dominate any company they work at!?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

If there are 2 businesses, one goes full blizzard corporation and one is a humble ma and pa shop, you'd blame the system and not the people who chose to go full corporation? Lol
    The "humble" ma and pa store is only that because they fucked up somewhere either not getting enough customers to go full corporation or just failed at business as a whole. The "humble" ma and pa store are still out there to screw every coin they can from the customer, they still want all the money. That's capitalism, if you say otherwise then you're a fucking fool.

No business is your friend, no business is made to be nice to you. EVERY FUCKING BUSINESS is there to make money, make more money. None are going to say no when the opportunity to get even more money comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminatrix View Post
    In-game Changes. We have heard the input from employee and player communities that some of our in-game content is inappropriate. We are removing that content.

would be interesting to know what exactly are those in-game content that are inappropriate. i would assume some of those are the name of certain npc's but what are the rest ?
    guarantee /flirt gets the axe

Quote Originally Posted by Shinagami091 View Post
    Wait so Blizzard is paying it’s employees to participate in the walk out? So it’s being sanctioned by the company the ? Smells more like a publicity stunt than an actual walk out meant to spark change within the company
    Remember when NBA players tried to boycott a game in the bubble? The league postponed the game 2 days and the world moved on like nothing happened. Same thing here, by sanctioning the walkout it takes away the sacrifice so in the end nothing changes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    There's a problem with what you say:
    - The market suddenly needs samophlange engineers.
    - Johny, that he though "hey, the market really needs samophlange engineers! I'm gonna be a samphlange engineer so I can have lots of mony"
    - Johny spends 5 years of his live (and a lot of money) on Samophlange Institute of Technology, and now he is a samophlange engineer!
    - Too bad that the need of samophlange engineers was already covered 1 year ago and now he has no job expectation. I guess he should have studied to be discombobulator engineer. What an idiot!
    Well it does sound like it's his fault for not researching time to degree vs how many jobs will realistically be available in 5 years. Translation is very popular right now and some are quick to learn like spanish (and fun)

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Is this image, actually real? :O
    Yeah, pretty real.

Well it does sound like it's his fault for not researching time to degree vs how many jobs will realistically be available in 5 years. Translation is very popular right now and some are quick to learn like spanish (and fun)
    There is absolutely no way to predict whether or not a degree you are going for will suddenly become useless. So your comment about not researching how many jobs will be available in the next 5 years is a pretty ridiculous thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Gotta be honest, I am stunned. And they posted this on Social Media?

Absolutely no way they come out looking like anything less than a bunch of jerk-off frat boys. I mean, I could at least understand if that were the case, but these guys are heads of a multi-million dollar company. You kind of have to show some restraint in anything that could misrepresent the company in any way.

Just...wow.
    I actually thought it was a meme. Speechless.

[*]Personnel Changes. We are immediately evaluating managers and leaders across the Company. Anyone found to have impeded the integrity of our processes for evaluating claims and imposing appropriate consequences will be terminated.
    So... Bobby’s firing himself?

Seems sus.

It's hard to take this seriously knowing Kotick didn't write a single word of that letter himself and he's chilling somewhere with his obscene amount of wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Bill Cosby was found guilty of drugging and sexually assaulting women, many of which claimed he raped them. The charges that were pursued were the ones easier to prove in a court of law, risking no conviction if they try and push rape charges, with there totaling around 60 accusers who are victims of rape and sexual assault (facilitated by Cosby drugging them). Anyone who believes that Bill Cosby is not a rapist at this point is an idiot.
    I fail to see what this has to do with my post.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There is absolutely no way to predict whether or not a degree you are going for will suddenly become useless. So your comment about not researching how many jobs will be available in the next 5 years is a pretty ridiculous thing to say.
    Yes there is. Look at jobs that have needed people for decades and still do.

Yes there is. Look at jobs that have needed people for decades and still do.
    No there really really isn't. The job market is constantly changing. Example, when my best friend was going for a graphic design degree there were jobs everywhere needing graphic designers. The market abruptly changed the year he got his degree and those jobs vanished. It took him 5 years to find a graphic design job. So no. It is absolutely impossible to predict whether or not a degree will become useless or not because the job market can change at the drop of a hat.

7+ Year Old Account
    I fail to see what this has to do with my post.
    Given that some people in the thread seem to think that Cosby isn't a rapist, and you seem to be on the wavelength of "disbelieve and shame" towards women who came forward with accusations, you're going to need to be more clear in what you consider a leap in logic rather than being intentionally ambiguous. What part of the statement confused you?
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief