Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No there really really isn't. The job market is constantly changing. Example, when my best friend was going for a graphic design degree there were jobs everywhere needing graphic designers. The market abruptly changed the year he got his degree and those jobs vanished. It took him 5 years to find a graphic design job. So no. It is absolutely impossible to predict whether or not a degree will become useless or not because the job market can change at the drop of a hat.
    well you failed to be psychic or predict the future so yes you still have no one to blame but yourself! /s

Here's a funny picture of the "Frat Brat" in the "Cosby Suite" https://twitter.com/SeeltasGaming/st...477268481?s=20

The fact alone that they named the chat Blizzcon Cosby Crew is more than slightly disturbing...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Tbf, that's not "Predicting the job market", that's saying something like "We will always need nurses!" and studying as a Nurse.

Kinda different.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like it was deleted or removed.
    It's still there. I can see it

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Hey idiot, I refer you to post #708.
    wtf does "Yeah, there's a difference between far left activists and left of center liberals. But i mean, state of the western game industry speaks for itself - the far left are bad at making games /shrug"

have to do with anything?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Or a mix of both. It needs to be studied case by case.
    I'm gonna give you an example: Most swimmers are whites, while most runners are black. And it's not a racism thing, it's because physically each one is better on each thing.
    Another example: the most dangerous and hard works are occupied by men. Are they women excluded from those jobs by their genitals? Or maybe because they require a level of resistance and strenght that most women can sustain (miners, fishermen, etc)
    Another one: most high executives are men, because the job requires time that most women don't want to sacrifice because that means they can't form a family and raise their children (men can have children at old age, but women are only fertile until certain age). We can talk about no job should mean to sacrifice your life and if there's too a predilection to pick men first, but as you see there are more factors.
    This happens too when the employer suspects that a woman could get pregnant, so she would have to leave to give birth. The solutions isn't to have a 50% quota, but to have both parents take FORCED paternity leave like some countries have.

We shouldn't automatically imply that there's not equality of opportunity each time we don't see equiality of results.
    We're not generally talking about jobs where physical differences actually matter. So, these examples are moot

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Shame your humility is not up there as well.

You asked for a logical reason as to why the majority of people who are the best for a specific job might be predominantly white males. I gave you a possible logical reason, that is very likely to be true for game development and IT in general.

If you disagree feel free to explain why, but considering we're not even discussing a particular case, unless you know the expected values and that they discredit the logical reason I described, they're irrelevant.
    I literally did explain but it was too high level for you apparently. I'm talking if the best are disproportionally white. As in, they don't have the same representation as they do in the applicant pool or available job market.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    Not in today's society, where discrimination and racism against groups perceived as "having a pretty good time already" is considered not only acceptable but encouraged and endorsed.
    Even in this thread we had people that, upon being reminded that ALL people should be free from racial discrimination, reacted with "Ooh booh look at the whitey afraid of losing power".
    Wrong. No one doing these efforts correctly is encouraging any discrimination against anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Given that some people in the thread seem to think that Cosby isn't a rapist, and you seem to be on the wavelength of "disbelieve and shame" towards women who came forward with accusations, you're going to need to be more clear in what you consider a leap in logic rather than being intentionally ambiguous. What part of the statement confused you?
    "Disbelieve and shame" is entirely your fabrication.
    Doubt and investigate is what I've said, always said, on no uncertain terms.
    You're a liar, and your attempt at conflating Cosby with Blizzard so you can go painting anyone who even remotely sides with the second as supporting the first shows your incredible levels of bad faith.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Wrong. No one doing these efforts correctly is encouraging any discrimination against anyone.
    You're starting to sound awfully close to the "that wasn't real communism" folks here.
    If everytime this stuff is put into practice the results are the same - legalized racial discrimination - then that *is* the correct application of the term and not your more utopistic version that never comes to practice in reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    just like the pic...

*Mic Drop*

RIP every one of those men's careers

You're starting to sound awfully close to the "that wasn't real communism" folks here.
    If everytime this stuff is put into practice the results are the same - legalized racial discrimination - then that *is* the correct application of the term and not your more utopistic version that never comes to practice in reality.
    This is just a fantasy racist like you want to believe but is not reality. You have zero idea about how these efforts go into effect that you still even believe it has anything at all to do at the selection stage. The vast majority of these efforts are simply putting in place best practices in hiring and selection processes. There is no legalized racial discrimination going on. That's complete nonsense. just stfu and stop talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Not blaming all white man.

I am saying that a company that has constantly treated women badly, paid them less and housed sexual predators suddenly promoting and hiring people fairly is laughably unlikely.
    There is no such term as 'fairly hiring', because the decision is always made by human - he/she may like candidate not only for his/her skills, but also for some personal reasons (not always corrupt ones), and rejected candidate always can say that he/she got rejected because of discrimination/sexism/racism etc. So it is endless circle really.
    But yes, Blizzard fucked up greatly and I don't know what they should do in order to fix things. Most probably money will cover everything and all will be left more/less the same as it were. And everyone will keep silent again, and this will carry on until next explosion. If Blizzard don't close before of course, but because of other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    This is just a fantasy racist like you want to believe but is not reality. You have zero idea about how these efforts go into effect that you still even believe it has anything at all to do at the selection stage. The vast majority of these efforts are simply putting in place best practices in hiring and selection processes. There is no legalized racial discrimination going on. That's complete nonsense. just stfu and stop talking.
    Here's a hint: having a kneejerk reaction of calling the person disagreeing with you "racist" doesn't make you win the argument, in fact it proves you're so fragile in your beliefs that you immediately recoil to personal attacks rather than providing more convincing ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    just like the pic...

*Mic Drop*

RIP every one of those men's careers
    Yeah, they're fucking done.

Here's a hint: having a kneejerk reaction of calling the person disagreeing with you "racist" doesn't make you win the argument, in fact it proves you're so fragile in your beliefs that you immediately recoil to personal attacks rather than providing more convincing ideas.
    You're just going to be willfully ignorant because of you being racist. You're go against anything anyone says contradicting your baseless belief that those advocating for DEI efforts are actually pushing discrimination against white men.

Just stop being racist.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Disbelieve and shame" is entirely your fabrication.
    Doubt and investigate is what I've said, always said, on no uncertain terms.
    You're a liar, and your attempt at conflating Cosby with Blizzard so you can go painting anyone who even remotely sides with the second as supporting the first shows your incredible levels of bad faith.
    Yes, and doubt and investigate means "call them liars and take no action"; i.e.: "disbelieve and shame". That the theme of disbelieving victims, which is common across the Cosby and Blizzard cases, is lost on you is not that surprising, though I will say I would rather be called a liar due to your inability to follow analogy than support known sexual abuse, as you seem to want to do by disbelieving victims. The investigation has been done and more evidence is being leaked to the public every day, which has included testimony and photographic evidence of individuals joking about these abuses (an example of which are senior staff joking about the Cosby suite). You're free to continue sealioning and demanding people wait for the matter to be settled in court under the façade of innocent until proven guilty, but the anti-SJW meme points you've made aren't impressive nor convincing.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Dude, you literally were saying that hiring more diverse candidates is "legalized racism".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Tbf, that's not "Predicting the job market", that's saying something like "We will always need nurses!" and studying as a Nurse.

Kinda different.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like it was deleted or removed.
    I mean, there will always be a need for a lot of jobs. Even things as mundane as plumber and mechanic yet people shun them because theyre so blue collar

7+ Year Old Account
    I call bullshit. This is the guy that wants employee rewards to be based solely on profit, nothing else. This is also the guy who said -
    “The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games.”
    Look at Bobby with the follow through. Fuck that guy. Fuck him.

What ever happened to the good Ol days where people just went to work and busted each others balls all day and got shit done? IMO there are way too many sensitive people in the world. People bring up shit from 7-10 years earlier because they want to keep sitting on their ass and collecting a paycheck after the joke that was 2020. Just get over it, go to work and if you don't like the job quit and find another one, simple as that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I call bullshit. This is the guy that wants employee rewards to be based solely on profit, nothing else. This is also the guy who said -

Look at Bobby with the follow through. Fuck that guy. Fuck him.
    Did you know he had his own harassment lawsuit 10 years ago he settled? Hhehehehehehe hohohhoo

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    What ever happened to the good Ol days where people just went to work and busted each others balls all day and got shit done? IMO there are way too many sensitive people in the world. People bring up shit from 7-10 years earlier because they want to keep sitting on their ass and collecting a paycheck after the joke that was 2020. Just get over it, go to work and if you don't like the job quit and find another one, simple as that.
    the good ol days of not worrying about the sexual harassment going on at your work ever being brought to light...

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Dude, you literally were saying that hiring more diverse candidates is "legalized racism".
    If that is the sole reason for hiring them, then yes it is. Affirmative Action is racism, Hiring someone as a "Diversity" hire is racism. Its literally the definition of racism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    the good ol days of not worrying about the sexual harassment going on at your work ever being brought to light...
    If everyone is in on it and it is accepted by all involved then I see no issue. Most of these cases are something that is 7-10 years old, why not bring them up at the time if its that big of a deal?