Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Covenant anima gear cost increased from 100 anima to 250 anima

    Logged in today to buy gear for alts with anima and they just buffed one piece to cost 250 anima?? Like what, players have complained about not getting enough anima for WHOLE expansion and now they just buff the cost of catch up gear??

  2. #2
    Good. This is what you deserve for supporting Blizzard !

  3. #3
    it is literally explained why. 250 anima btw is half the total award for one! korthia daily quest. You literally get 2000ish anim afrom doin korthia dailes and killing 2-3 rares.

    I've maxed my covenant stuff months ago, long before they tripled the drops. It took me 2 months of grinding, and I completely ignored the WQs which didn't reward anima or gave a small amount and were out of my way.

    Why would you even buy covenant gear anymore? Even if you are fresh geared, do the Korthia intro and gear up there. There are always so many players that you will share tag for both daily objects and rares, and get easy ilvl 200 drops.

  4. #4
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,247
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Logged in today to buy gear for alts with anima and they just buffed one piece to cost 250 anima?? Like what, players have complained about not getting enough anima for WHOLE expansion and now they just buff the cost of catch up gear??
    that gear isn't catch up gear though, not since 9.1 which has 200ilvl catchup gear. also 250 anima is easy as piss to get

  5. #5
    dont you get that armor free as quest rewards anyway? and you cant buy it before doing that q...
    so this will affect who exactly, people who sold/deleted the armor after geting it from q?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Logged in today to buy gear for alts with anima
    This is from the book "Stories that never happened"

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    dont you get that armor free as quest rewards anyway? and you cant buy it before doing that q...
    so this will affect who exactly, people who sold/deleted the armor after geting it from q?
    I was gonna buy some pieces again to upgrade it via anima to 197 ilvl. Most of the pieces were low ilvl while doing quests so I sold them.

  8. #8
    Gaining anima is pretty easy now, on my main I need only like 5-6 renown weapons + 9.1 stuff, after that all anima goes to bank for different covenant. But buffing cost of 9.0 gear seems ridicolous, unless they introduced some new ranks beyond 197 - buffing these would be fair.

    Btw, don't waste anima for gear, just buy some crafted entry gear and go straight to Korthia.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamais View Post
    it is literally explained why. 250 anima btw is half the total award for one! korthia daily quest. You literally get 2000ish anim afrom doin korthia dailes and killing 2-3 rares.
    But what is the point to increase anima gained in new patch if you gonna just increase anima prices?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    But what is the point to increase anima gained in new patch if you gonna just increase anima prices?
    Because at this point it's only cosmetic gear, and it's fine to have a cost sink for cosmetic gear.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Logged in today to buy gear for alts with anima and they just buffed one piece to cost 250 anima?? Like what, players have complained about not getting enough anima for WHOLE expansion and now they just buff the cost of catch up gear??
    You understand your crying is pointless right?

    Anima gear is 197, you can literally buy 200ilvl blues off the AH for 100-1000G each depending on your server you can hit lvl 60 and INSTANTLY have a 200ilvl for 2000-10000G
    You're cheap....you're poor...can't afford that somehow? guess what, do the korthia skip so you can instantly go to the area where chests and mobs drop 206ilvl gear you can upgrade to 220 currently

    Stop crying

  12. #12
    Stood in the Fire AkundaMrdal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Because at this point it's only cosmetic gear, and it's fine to have a cost sink for cosmetic gear.
    Why exactly is it fine? Explain me, what makes this change good thing and why should I be excited about it. How does it improve the game?

  13. #13
    Scarab Lord Wries's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    4,075
    People bought it, equipped it and vendored it for gold so I guess blizzard adjusted it somewhat. Anima is super easy to cap now so it could become quite the source of income.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    But what is the point to increase anima gained in new patch if you gonna just increase anima prices?
    As it was mentioned in the blue post, it is because of the greater abundance of anima now.

    Look, I am not saying they should have increased it, since it really doesn't matter both ways. 250 anima is really, really easy to get.

    But please, listen to the posters here, do not use covenant gear as a catch up. If you have stygia to spare (especially now since there is no more gear to socket with it) on any chars, buy BoA tokens and send them. Jut do Korthia, even if you are undergeared, so many players are there that you will finish quests and tag along on rares and treasures with ease.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by AkundaMrdal View Post
    Why exactly is it fine? Explain me, what makes this change good thing and why should I be excited about it. How does it improve the game?
    It's not a good thing. It's not a bad thing. It's meaningless. It changes nothing. At most you'd have to do one more day of Korthia to get all the pieces you want.

    Not every change needs to be super exciting. Some things are just minor tweaks for some ingame economy balance. They want players to use their excess anima on that new vendor. With those low anima costs, players would've instead used that excess anima on anima gear to sell it for gold. It's just some minor tweak to make the game a bit less annoying to maximize your gains from anima.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by AkundaMrdal View Post
    Why exactly is it fine? Explain me, what makes this change good thing and why should I be excited about it. How does it improve the game?
    Because it gives people something to strive for. If you made everything super easy to acquire it would make the game less fun, not more; because you'd lose any sense of accomplishment or reward. That doesn't mean everything should be super expensive either, of course - it's all about balance. And when there's currency inflation, periodic price adjustments are often a good move.

  17. #17
    You were buying the gear to sell it, because it was probably the best way to make gold in 9.1. Leggings sold for 197g for 100 Anima.

    Don't act like you are surprised Blizzard fixed a way to make a shit load of money without any effort.

  18. #18
    People were buying and vendoring them for gold, that's why they increased the cost.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    People were buying and vendoring them for gold, that's why they increased the cost.
    Well how about reducing gold gained from vendor instead of increasing the cost and fucking up alts? Blizz logic.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Well how about reducing gold gained from vendor instead of increasing the cost and fucking up alts? Blizz logic.
    Again, with the sheer amount of anima that you are getting nowadays, you are complaining about a non-issue. Especially with that gear being really bad as catch up gear nowadays, so they aren't even fucking over alts because you shouldn't be using this gear for your alt. You should get into Korthia asap and get the current catch up gear from there.

    So what exactly are you complaining about here?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •