Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Stop moderation fascism?

After 14 years on this website, it just keeps getting more and more annoying. And a reason why I and most likely many others have stopped posting or cut down a lot on the posting.

Now the threads are not locked because they are not allowed, but because the mod thinks the thread will derail into a not allowed topic - before it actually got there.

This is pure online fascism and the mmo-c forum is dying because of it.

Let people talk about things and allow all topics like conspiracy theories. Close only if things get illegal, aggressive, hateful etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    After 14 years on this website, it just keeps getting more and more annoying. And a reason why I and most likely many others have stopped posting or cut down a lot on the posting.

Now the threads are not locked because they are not allowed, but because the mod thinks the thread will derail into a not allowed topic - before it actually got there.

Let people talk about things and allow all topics like conspiracy theories. Close only if things get illegal, aggressive, hateful etc.
    Examples of threads?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Why though? Why give people like these a platform? Or better: MORE platforms. 9gag and 4chan are there for that. Especially these stupid conspiracy theories to rope in other stupid people and thinly veiled sexism/homophobia/racism under the god old "just saying"-blanket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Why though? Why give people like these a platform? Or better: MORE platforms. 9gag and 4chan are there for that. Especially these stupid conspiracy theories to rope in other stupid people and thinly veiled sexism/homophobia/racism under the god old "just saying"-blanket.
    Yeah.. We don't need MMO-champion to host conspiracy theories.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Well that was quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to talk "conspiracy theories" and other disallowed topics, go elsewhere. This is a fan game forum, not a conspiracy theory forum. There are other places for that.

And conspiracy theory threads/discussions invite animosity when done in public where people don't subscribe to those ludicrous ideas.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Why are we using strong term for minor problems?

Whoever owns the forum are allowed to make any rules. Its not fascism. Its as much fascism as you having rules in your home.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Imagine the hubris of thinking that because some innapropriate threads of yours get closed, that the site is dying because of it.

No, the world does not, in fact, revolve around you.
    It's their site and they can bloody well moderate it as they see fit.
    We don't have to agree and it's not fascism cause we have the option of taking our speech elsewhere.

Op forgets that this is a privately owned site.
    Was it "fascist" when a particular person got banned from twitter? Facebook?

You're a guest here...

Yikes, all these "woke" comments about conspiracy theories as if these morons recently discovered the catch phrase. You might as well label all theorists as conspiracy theorists if you're going to be this close minded. The Lore section? Conspiracy Theories clearly lmfao. And then you have this idiotic comment about rules at your home comparing it to a PUBLIC FORUM, which fyi has a "off-topic" section for things unrelated to WoW.

I mean it's not shocking seeing some of these replies are from people that obviously spend way too much time woke twitter trying to "cancel" people for having different opinions. They're like a tumour that's spreading on this site too unfortunately. These forums should encourage civil discussions unless threads are obviously inappropriate like OP said. You are allowed to criticize mods because they too are not perfect regardless of what you believe. They too can be bias. They too can make mistakes.
    Last edited by s0ul; 2021-07-28 at 02:55 PM.

You're not allowed to critique the volunteers.

No matter how bad they are.

The best part,"We're all busy, please message another global mod" - to me that's the funniest shit in the world. Why even bother? Lol.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

Funny how those with fascist views are the first to cry FaScIsM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post

The best part,"We're all busy, please message another global mod" - to me that's the funniest shit in the world. Why even bother? Lol.
    Eh... I've made complaints on a few mods, as I'm sure others have, and they're no longer mods.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were allowed.
    And then they all got really flame-y and hateful.

All of them. Every single thread about those things. Each and every one.

That's why it's banned. Because the forum users here cannot be civil in those threads under any circumstance, so to save on time and infractions, they're just closed immediately

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post

You are allowed to critique them.. Just not in public. Because it won't turn out well if you do, because it'll just turn into a flamefest, even if said mod didn't deserve it.

If you want censorship and crowd of brainwashed fanboys who will defend Blizzard no matter what and cancel you, go to Blizzard forums. Most of the people there are not much different from what you are describing.

Conspiracy theories are dangerous, i know it first hand.
    Keep that shit away.

The only problem with the site is moderators bullying certain users. Also witnessed it first hand.

I spend 10+ years on this site and NEVER i DIRECTLY insulted someone.

I never said "fuck you" or "you are *insert derogatory term*"
    Never, not even once in 10+ years.
    And still i started getting banned non stop for completely outlandish reasons without making any sense.

Once that happened i went on a rampage and started, for the first time, making direct attacks to moderation

So yeah...thats the only problem of the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    This is a fan game forum
    I mean, if you exclude the WoW general discussion subforum the off topic forum has more posts than all the others combined.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2021-07-28 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Examples of threads?
    I think the OP was talking about this thread: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...g-to-seduce-me

Poor Ron, one of the forum's most venerable posters, was pouring his heart out to us asking for advice for a very troublesome situation, and it got closed before he could get any help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Websites and forums have went too far the OTHER way to appease. The result is what we ALL feel the hypocrisy, too.

I haven't posted to MMOC for like 6 years. It's because of the song and dance and nitpicking over some issue.

It's got corporate. Treats forums like this like HR with rulers ("Infractions"? Last time I had "infractions" was in high school 40 years ago! It's even insulting. We're much older now. Most here have 10 or 7 year member titles -- we're long out of high school).

Too much control on the "message" and the PROMOTION aspect of games. Too little on controlling the nitpicking and bait/report BS.

People talk about their classes and all that with GUSTO! Is that a crime now? As long as you're not into SWATting and making threats, let people talk about their games they play.

As for the "conspiracies" well, a lot has been revealed that are true, especially on Blizzard's end. Short that it's not just blatant falsehood (like BLIZZARD RAPES BABIES or whatever), if it's typed well and not egregious, let it go.

Too much nitpicking here. When we LOVE to talk about gaming and especially MMORPGs. That type of "gaming the system" of bait/dogpile/report is rampant on forums to "control the message" and it hurts gaming more than it helps.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

No, OP. The mods are actually way too lenient on this forum. For example idiots like you should be permabanned
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.