Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    All sexual harassment isn't that severe. It could be something like a slap on the butt by someone who has no power to fire anyone. This is something I have personally experienced.
    I'd actually get way more fucking pissed if anybody touched me like that, than my boss just trying to coerce me with words.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I think that is different than cube crawls though. And what Alex did in general.
    I mean, Alex was fired because this event of sexual harassment, the same one that GC was inviting women to.

Alex was the sacrificial lamb, because many part of that picture left Blizzard before 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    We can justifiably call out the higher ups for not doing anything about all this. But when you're just a regular worker facing the real possibility of losing your livelihood and maybe even the roof over your head if you speak out then you're likely to keep your mouth shut. I don't blame her at all.
    Throw in that that whole industry seems a pretty closed shop, threats against your entire career probably seem realistic as well. :/

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    I guess I better stop sleeping with my boss, because although I consent, his position of power/influence over me invalidates my personal agency. Damn.
    Only if you're female, according to most people. They typically don't have a problem with a male employee sleeping with a female boss.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    We can justifiably call out the higher ups for not doing anything about all this. But when you're just a regular worker facing the real possibility of losing your livelihood and maybe even the roof over your head if you speak out then you're likely to keep your mouth shut. I don't blame her at all.
    Me neither. It was her first Blizzcon and she gets invited for a drink and has to deal with unwanted advances whilst there. She sounds just as much a victim of the culture problem as all the other Women who had to deal with it whilst employed at Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Say it with me

evidence

come on, you can do it

evidence

(also this does happen to guys a lot with not only women bosses but also with gay bosses in the hollywood areas, and yes there's actual proof, and no nothing happens to the gay directors when exposed)
    Do you honestly believe that a STATE lawsuit doesn't have enough evidence? And is adding even more now?

Just saw this on Asmon's stream.

I need to make a screenshot of this and then i will link to the tweet afterwards.

https://twitter.com/itshafu/status/1420472254496837632

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    I mean, Alex was fired because this event of sexual harassment, the same one that GC was inviting women to.

Alex was the sacrificial lamb, because many part of that picture left Blizzard before 2020.
    You know I'm starting to think that they were using him as the sacrificial lamb yesterday as well because he was already gone and was definitely the eye of this storm.

Strip his references from the game and pray that's enough to get people to stop paying attention when the other accusations drop.
    WoW has Cancer. First you cut out the cancer (abusive devs), then you assign an aggressive treatment plan (major design rework) to save it.

Or you just let it die because that's too expensive.

FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

I thought it was because he was harassing women in general, in workplace, events, everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'd actually get way more fucking pissed if anybody touched me like that, than my boss just trying to coerce me with words.
    As a guy I get it done with a bad look and "don't do that".
    It may be a different experience for women.

So, at a glance, that's:

Greg Street (Ghostcrawler), former Lead Systems Designer, currently Executive Producer for Riot Game's unannounced MMO.

Cory Stockton (Mumper), former Lead Designer, currently Game Director for an unannounced mobile game.

Alex Afrasiabi (Furor), former Lead Narrative Designer, confirmed fired in June 2020 for misconduct.

Dave Kosak (Furor), former Lead Narrative Designer, currently Creative Director at Deviation Games.

Jesse McCree, Lead Level Designer, currently a Lead Game Designer on Diablo IV.

I think I recognize the other three but I can't put names to the faces.

Don't want to make this a witch hunt or anything. Don't jump on Twitter and start harassing these folks, and certainly don't harass the female employees they invited to the room and subsequently harassed.

That said, these guys were all in leadership positions on the WoW team, and these parties are noted to be placed where that harassment took place, going as far back as 2013, and they clearly were complacent. Dave Kosak at least is mentioned as one of the people who tried to intervene in Afrasiabi harassing coworkers, for what that's worth. However in the group chat he also seems to just be roasting Afrasiabi for being a womanizer without ever doing taking action against him, and continuing to hang out and party with him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    wasnt this before the cosby stuff was really popping off? just curious as it does change the context
    Kind of? There had been allegations about Cosby for decades, including several in 2005, which weren't widely publicized. The major allegations that resulted in the (now overturned on a technicality) conviction started coming out in 2014.

From what I'd heard anecdotally the Cosby Suite was just a suite in the Anaheim Marriott that inexplicably had a portrait of Cosby as part of the decor, which the senior leads on WoW used for their after parties every year going back to at least 2011.

So it's debatable whether they were paying tribute to a known sex offender or if that was purely coincidental.

Doesn't really change what was going on in the room, either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    evidence
    Not necessary to be tried and convicted in the court of public opinion. The question is, does the punishment fit the alleged crime?
    TEAM BUYER'S REMORSE
    Avoid the Odyssey NEO G9 Until They Un-Broke the HDR
    Remember: Opinions can't hurt you.
    Woman in Tech. Don't @ me with your vitriol for not agreeing blindly with your position.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Just saw this on Asmon's stream.

I need to make a screenshot of this and then i will link to the tweet afterwards.

https://twitter.com/itshafu/status/1420472254496837632
    Let's be honest the fact Blizz let this rampant sexism, racism, and toxicity fester in WoW for so long finally makes sense.

Those were "their people."
    WoW has Cancer. First you cut out the cancer (abusive devs), then you assign an aggressive treatment plan (major design rework) to save it.

Or you just let it die because that's too expensive.

FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Blizzard has never confirmed that as a fact until this Kotaku article. It's good to know that for a certainty.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I thought it was because he was harassing women in general, in workplace, events, everywhere.
    It seems that this party was the tip of the iceberg internally, the point that Brack could no longer "talk" with Alex and tell him to calm down with women.

Do you honestly believe that a STATE lawsuit doesn't have enough evidence? And is adding even more now?
    You uh, do realize so far nothing has come out of this lawsuit outside of dudes talking to other dudes about girls they like, right? There's been no actual evidence of any wrong doings, *yet*

That said, ya'll fucking forget we live in a country/this business is in a country of "innocent until proven guilty" so put down your god damned pitchforks until there's a reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke is a gamer View Post
    let's be honest the fact blizz let this rampant sexism, racism, and toxicity fester in wow for so long finally makes sense.

Those were "their people."
    exactly, they turned their fame into an actual gigantic travesty on everyone they told for generations they was always behind in making their games!

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    As a guy I get it done with a bad look and "don't do that".
    It may be a different experience for women.
    Don't touch me because I'm not as nice as other women :^)

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    Not necessary to be tried and convicted in the court of public opinion. The question is, does the punishment fit the alleged crime?
    Never

Because a court of public opinion is a group of white supremacists hanging a black man. The majority says lynch him, so they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Throw in that that whole industry seems a pretty closed shop, threats against your entire career probably seem realistic as well. :/
    The whole "you'll never work in this town again" thing is real. I used to work in TV and theatre, and I know of actors whose careers were basically snuffed out because they didn't play the game.