Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    That's the difference though, isn't it? You did when you were younger. With your buddies. Not when you're middle aged at a professional conference.
    Boys will be boys at any age. Some of my friends still do this stuff, I just don't partake in it anymore.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Note that this is from 2013. Allegations were made against Cosby in Nov 2014 and lawsuits in 2015.

While Hollywood execs, actors, actresses and comedians supposedly all knew for decades (where are the protests for them?) it seems odd that random Bliz employees would be running in those circles.
    first lawsuit against him was in 2005. and even though that lawsuit was sealed the fact that it existed was public knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You need to update your hindsight. Check the CNN link I posted above from Cosby's deposition on rape charges in 2005-2006.
    the deposition wasn't done under charge of rape or any criminality. It was a civil suite because there wasn't evidence of criminality. the DA said as much when they didn't prosecute in 05.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Why is this a front page story on wowhead and not on MMO-c?

some people seem to be forgetting that Blizzcon IS a part of the workplace for Blizzard as it's their convention and they were there working and representing the company

going out to a random bar and hitting it off with a consenting adult, fine. taking advantage of a position of power and/or intoxication is criminal and vile. promoting it throughout the company as if it was acceptable behaviour is just obscene

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    It was a well known "secret" back in the day Cosby liked to party and party hard. That's where most of his accusations came from. People would party with him and do copious amounts of drugs and then sometimes they would bang. The original lawsuit and his deposition admitted as much. The reason they didn't go after him criminally back then was because there wasn't enough evidence of a crime. Then they took his deposition, which he didn't technically have 5th amendment protect from, because the case wasn't criminal and wouldn't be used in a criminal case, and used it to criminally prosecute him, which violated his 5th amendment rights. That's why his sentence was thrown out. The dude was a creep but not a criminal. Probably the same for Alex and crew.
    Well he is both a creep and a criminal. He was found guilty and thrown in prison. He was let out on the legal technicality of how the evidence was gathered. It doesn’t change what he admitted to doing.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Boys will be boys at any age. Some of my friends still do this stuff, I just don't partake in it anymore.
    Yes, and I'm pointing out how 'boys will be boys' has nothing to do with why this is particularly damning for the people involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    On it's own, maybe not. While we have this allegation shit storm? Answer yourself.
    I don't think you can fairly make that connection from these photos. Posing with a pic of Bill Cosby like that was dumb but one shouldn't infer from it that GC is guilty of sexual harassment in the workplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    ''Reminder, this is during time Cosby was already under either charges or allegations of severe shit''

https://twitter.com/TheRealWilian/st...66868817735681
    That twitter is actually wrong, the Cosby allegations started to appear in 2014.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    At that point Cosby had already settled multiple times for allegations of rape and sexual assault, from what I'm aware.
    It’s not about what had happened but what was common knowledge publicly the way it is now. I’d heard about Louis CKs jerkoff stuff but it was just a rumor, my hearing about didn’t mean it everyone knew it was true. I sure as hell didn’t know anything about Cosby. If anyone doesn’t remember and is just researching dates, this all started from Hannibal Buress telling a joke in his standup act, that yeah he’d done for months, that was filmed and shared and gained traction in a way it clearly hadn’t before. This was 2014.

The idea that the man long considered so wholesome that he was called “America’s Dad” may have sexually assaulted a woman didn’t become a roiling controversy until a stand-up comic performing at a theater in Philadelphia told a joke about it in 2014.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...the-aftermath/
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I don't think you can fairly make that connection from these photos. Posing with a pic of Bill Cosby like that was dumb but one shouldn't infer from it that GC is guilty of sexual harassment in the workplace.
    It means that they all knew and decided to protect their "bro crew".

In an actual court true but the fact he was obviously close to the scumbags puts him in a very bad light especially in the court of public opinion. It's also not just the pics the tweets don't help him either.

Tonights pitch fork logic: Anyone present in that hotel room is a bad person, every adult in America knew Cosby was a sex offender in 2013.

Reality: Many people likely ended up in that hotel room at that particular Blizzcon. And some of them will have had no idea Cosby was up to no good.

GC tweeted the room name to his public feed so he didn't appear to consider it something he shouldn't discuss openly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    the deposition wasn't done under charge of rape or any criminality. It was a civil suite because there wasn't evidence of criminality. the DA said as much when they didn't prosecute in 05.
    Fine. Changed the wording to allegations.

It still supports the fact that this was a known public thing surrounding Cosby seven years prior to the Blizzcon in question. Anyone who thinks that this wasn't in the wind until after that Blizzcon is simply misremembering.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Well he is both a creep and a criminal. He was found guilty and thrown in prison. He was let out on the legal technicality of how the evidence was gathered. It doesn’t change what he admitted to doing.
    He admitted to partying and doing drugs with those women. That was the evidence used against him. Also the judge and prosecutor had personal vendetta's against him. When you dig more into it, Cosby was railroaded to the highest degree of corruption. Like I said, not saying he's not a creep, but he has rights just like everyone else.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    We don't know. Some women are into this type "bro" behavior, as weird as it may seem.
    It could also have been an inside shot taken at the people involved. Hard to know without context about her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

I don't really see what's so damning about this with regards to Ghostcrawler or anyone in that photo. They're not in the office, they're out partying and getting drunk.
    It happened at Blizzcon. If it was any other convention, your comment might be a legitimate point.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    some people seem to be forgetting that Blizzcon IS a part of the workplace for Blizzard as it's their convention and they were there working and representing the company

going out to a random bar and hitting it off with a consenting adult, fine. taking advantage of a position of power and/or intoxication is criminal and vile. promoting it throughout the company as if it was acceptable behaviour is just obscene
    Tell me you've never had a real job without telling me you've never had a real job.

This happens at literally every convention for literally every industry. Most of them are held in Vegas for a reason.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

The entire 2nd generation of WoW team...

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Fine. Changed the wording to allegations.

It still supports the fact that this was a known public thing surrounding Cosby seven years prior to the Blizzcon in question. Anyone who thinks that this wasn't in the wind until after that Blizzcon is simply misremembering.
    you are giving people on here way too much credit in that regard.