Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    At best GC knew these guys were up to shit and did nothing, at worst he was actively part of the problem circle.
    Well yeah, I'm not denying that. I'm just saying these pics don't prove shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Show me something concrete other than "penis havers bad! Believe the vagina havers!"
    this is not what's happening at all... good lord.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went downt he rabbit hole and now I cannot get out... Will I find Wonderland?
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

15+ Year Old Account
    I say it again: I am 50% sure that the worst of them are at the top of this. I think we will see more and more of those "heroes" fall in the next weeks.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Yes, it's damning because there's a corporation involved. Beoynd that it's a normal day between "dudebro's", assuming there wasn't sexual harassment involved.
    You mean the same behaviour that has been brought to light to exist on a day-to-day business at work, and is being called out as 'frat boy culture' that enabled sexual harassment, abuse and gender discrimination?

Context, my dudebro. Context.

We're not talking about you and your friends when you were young. The situation is so far removed that you can't equate this as one and the same as your shootin the shit with your buddies. None of that lead to sexual harassment, abuse or discrimination did it? Think of how the situation changes if you were complicit in knowing a friend who was actively sexually abusive, and you were still hanging around with them and cheering em on for it. That's quite a difference don't you think?
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-07-28 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    People were making *millions* out his name, he was very well protected. That kind of thing is quite the incentive to make these kinds of things stay quiet and go away.

It’s called abuse of power. And it happens a lot.
    Either way. The name Cosby was not associated with being a sexual predator back then. That's my whole point. How and why it wasn't is not important.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the Kotaku article which clearly a lot of people haven't read:
    In one image procured by Kotaku, a group of women are sitting on a bed in the room with the Cosby portrait. One of the women appears to have a hand on another’s breast, which is cheered on by the men in the comments. The images procured by Kotaku, and two sources with knowledge of Afrasiabi’s alleged predatory behavior, Cosby’s reputation was apparently the point of why the group of men gathered around his picture in the photos.

“It was such a boys club that creating something like the ‘Cosby Suite’ was seen as funny,” one source told Kotaku. “Only you could get an efficy laid, Alex [Afrasiabi],” reads one of the Facebook comments on the picture. “#CozApproved,” reads another written by Kosak.
    No, it wasn't about sex at all. How could anyone come to that conclusion.

https://kotaku.com/inside-blizzard-d...=1627495648163
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-07-28 at 09:07 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Kk, as long as women are held to the exact same standard and also fired for making comments about their male co workers. Because clearly they can't control themselves either.
    Sure. But i'm sorry to tell you that's much rarer.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Either way. The name Cosby was not associated with being a sexual predator back then. That's my whole point. How and why it wasn't is not important.
    If this were just about the suite name it'd be one thing. Honestly I think people are getting too wrapped up in the Cosby angle and missing the absolutely damning messages these guys were sending back and forth about the suite.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    It just keeps getting worse. Absolutely fuck Blizzard.
    I think at this point this is up there with some of the biggests PR disasters in gaming in a very long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    unless I'm missing something here, was it not for allegations?
    Allegations that were sufficiently backed to get him sacked. I’m quite sure if there wasn’t the evidence he could have claimed for wrongful dismissal. Seriously, sacking someone from a post like that requires pretty overwhelming evidence.

That it didn’t go to trial was probably an agreement to protect the company’s reputation. You know, how they tried last week when they put out that statement denying everything. And have since kind of accepted it but individuals have made efforts to try to distance themselves personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    So I guess they will rename/remove that rare ghost crab in Vashj'ir also called Ghostcrawler?
    Good luck trying to remove Thrall from WoW's lore, as well as hundreds of Warcraft characters that are based on all the guard. Good thing Blizzard are good at retconning cos thats gonna be a doozy lol.

Blizzard just need to end all their games and make new IP's their old ones are fucking dead.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-07-28 at 09:08 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    For fuck's sake: He's on the line of texts that discuss bringing girls up to the suite, Afrasiabi saying he could marry multiples of them because he was from the Middle East and McCree telling Afrasiabi he misspelled 'fuck' (presumably joking about 'marriage'. You're going to argue that GC was too dumb to not know or understand what was going on?
    As douchey as that behavior is, none of it implies sexual harassment.

Found a new picture, this time with a bunch of Booze!

In the OP.

And, more tweets by hidden IDs. I wonder if they are some of the people from the Picture?!

JFC dude how far down the rabbit hole are we going?!

So what if it was? How is sex a problem?

If the women were consenting then this should technically all be fine. Just bros having some fun.

Edit: didn't know they were employees. This changes things.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-07-28 at 09:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Why are you conflating bringing women to a hotel room and sexual harassment in the workplace? Of course GC almost certainly knew what was happening in the office, I'm not excusing him of anything. I'm just saying these particular images don't prove anything except he once posed with a pic of Bill Cosby and got drunk with the guys at Blizzcon.
    Because it was during a corporate event, because some being brought up were employees who were 'networking' with the bosses.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    I think at this point this is up there with some of the biggests PR disasters in gaming in a very long time.
    I'd quip the only way this gets worse is if we find out they were also abusing crunch to get games done, but then I'd return from work and another batch of abusers would have dropped.

This is the house of cards falling down at this point, nobody is safe, everybody is complicit, and frankly it may destroy 30 years of legacies.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

From the Kotaku article which clearly a lot of people haven't read:

https://kotaku.com/inside-blizzard-d...=1627495648163
    No-one is saying these guys weren't looking for sex.

Anyway, it's going to be interesting to see what GC says about this. If he's smart he'll keep his mouth shut, but that carries the risk of looking suspicious.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2021-07-28 at 09:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    If the women were consenting then this should technically all be fine. Just bros having some fun.
    Learn the difference between consent and coercion. There’s a massive power play involved here in regards to whole careers, never mind their present economic circumstances.