Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
23
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Depending on what these so called demands actually mean they can be completely unrealistic.
    No - workers should not get a say in who is hired.
    No - you don’t have the right to n or what your colleague makes.
    I honestly do not know what they mean by auditing HR and other company processes

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Considering we found out recently that Afrasiabi was fired due to sexual harassment and other nasty shit, I don't think it's a conspiracy at all.
    Where have we heard that before
    TEAM BUYER'S REMORSE
    Avoid the Odyssey NEO G9 Until They Un-Broke the HDR
    Remember: Opinions can't hurt you.
    Woman in Tech. Don't @ me with your vitriol for not agreeing blindly with your position.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by crescentfresh1 View Post
    "This is the beginning of an enduring movement in favor of better labor conditions for all employees, especially women, in particular women of color and transgender women, nonbinary people, and other marginalized groups."
    I swear, an extinction-event sized meteor could be barreling toward Earth and these people would say that women of color and transgender women, nonbinary people, and other marginalized groups are most affected by it
    Considering that wealthy white people (and to a lesser extent doomsday preppers, who are also majority white) would be the most likely to have to access to resources like private bunkers and long-term food/water reserves which would keep them safe and alive through an extinction event, "these people" would absolutely be right.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    Where have we heard that before
    I don't know. Maybe instead of trying to be funny via a vague comment, you can be more upfront.

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Depending on what these so called demands actually mean they can be completely unrealistic.
    No - workers should not get a say in who is hired.
    No - you don’t have the right to n or what your colleague makes.
    I honestly do not know what they mean by auditing HR and other company processes
    Study after study has established that transparency on payscales yields greater productivity and helps prevent pay bias against POCs and women. Not sure why you're so vehemently against it. And before you try the "it's none of their business what I make" defense, I'll remind you that most employee tax information at a publicly traded company is readily available through a simple investigation and thus there is truly no such thing as privacy in pay to begin with.

  6. #246
    How do companies like EA manage to keep their bullshit under a rug but blizzard is like an open invitation to anyone and everyone

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I don't know. Maybe instead of trying to be funny via a vague comment, you can be more upfront.
    Pushing a narrative with little more than happenstance to go on, based purely on supposition.


    Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. Especially with evidence to the contrary.

    Don't get me wrong - they're all probably scumbags - but your attempt at flagging a false equivalence falls flat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The Cosby Suite thing is almost certainly an ironic coincidence since they'd been using the same suite at that hotel for years, and didn't mention it again after the avalanche of allegations against him came out in 2014.

    Cosby had been accused multiple times going back decades, but it really wasn't common knowledge until 2014. Those guys were no more or less aware of his behavior than any of us were at the time.


    Either way, doesn't change what they used the room for, or that all the guys in the "Cosby Crew" were cool with what went on. Cool enough with it to post photos and joke about it casually on social media, anyway.
    Pretty much this.
    Last edited by Femininity; 2021-07-29 at 04:55 AM.
    TEAM BUYER'S REMORSE
    Avoid the Odyssey NEO G9 Until They Un-Broke the HDR
    Remember: Opinions can't hurt you.
    Woman in Tech. Don't @ me with your vitriol for not agreeing blindly with your position.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Study after study has established that transparency on payscales yields greater productivity and helps prevent pay bias against POCs and women. Not sure why you're so vehemently against it. And before you try the "it's none of their business what I make" defense, I'll remind you that most employee tax information at a publicly traded company is readily available through a simple investigation and thus there is truly no such thing as privacy in pay to begin with.
    Because what you make is personal information.
    If by bias against women and pocs mean the pay gap then that has been shown to be false numerous times. I haven’t seen any solid information at all that anything of the sort is going on. What study will you link to me about transparency leading to greater productivity?

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    Pushing a narrative with little more than happenstance to go on, based purely on supposition.


    Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. Especially with evidence to the contrary.

    Don't get me wrong - they're all probably scumbags - but your attempt at flagging a false equivalence falls flat.



    Pretty much this.
    Really? Nothing but happenstance and supposition? I guess their disgusting group chat conversation and the fact that Afrasiabi was fired for sexual misconduct is just happenstance and supposition too?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Because what you make is personal information.
    If by bias against women and pocs mean the pay gap then that has been shown to be false numerous times. I haven’t seen any solid information at all that anything of the sort is going on. What study will you link to me about transparency leading to greater productivity?
    https://www.worldatwork.org/workspan...its-businesses

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehalbino View Post
    Peak clown world.


    Just looked at the credits from all of blizzard titles pre 2009, The height of their 'quality'. I noticed a distinct lack of something amongst the names. It has to be a coincidence though
    Before the "golden age" of tech we are in now, women were a vast minority in programming positions because there werent many women trying to get into programming. How many women in the 90s growing up were like "DAMN I WANNA BE A NERDY ASS PROGRAMMER!". Come on man.

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I don't know. Maybe instead of trying to be funny via a vague comment, you can be more upfront.
    Except if said extinction event were heading specifically towards the US....it would be incorrect as the majority of the US is in fact white and the small percentage of those you're describing aren't nearly enough to skew things. The world? I'm PRETTY sure people in other countries that are majority non white have non white people in the situations you're claiming are majority white. Try again. I mean where are these racist thoughts somehow acceptable? Oh wait 20XX where saying anything condemning whitey it ok, but how dare you ever say anything against another whole race....

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Depending on what these so called demands actually mean they can be completely unrealistic.
    No - workers should not get a say in who is hired.
    No - you don’t have the right to n or what your colleague makes.
    I honestly do not know what they mean by auditing HR and other company processes
    If you’re actually trying to build a cohesive team you should value their input.

    You don’t have a right to know what an individual makes but you do have a right to know how much your role makes.

  13. #253
    - The need for greater pay transparency to ensure equality.
    - Worker participation in oversight of hiring and promotion policies.

    Now they are reaching...
    What's next: "All employees, with the same title, should make the same"?

  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Like the professional athletes have come out to say: they don't engage in that behavior (women in pro locker rooms have been there since the 1970s -- any athlete that engages in that sexist behaviors, will get called on the carpet -- it's bad for the game's image and tarnishes the want of pros that their sports are FAMILY appropriate. That they're not pariahs wanting to hit on underage kids and more).

    Don't use that excuse to justify a woman committing SUICIDE over being trapped in a CULTure that demeaning and ugly.

    All the women are coming out to express what they're experiencing under the corporate policies and CULTure there. It does NOT paint a pretty picture and goes miuch further than just "locker room talk".

    THIS is very appalling and shows brainwashing occurred -- https://twitter.com/DaniBat/status/1419156967038271490...

    Man some of yall are straight squares. I have been co-workers with this 65 year old surfer chick that does our sheduling for like a decade. We have "scare" duels on who can scare each other the most. Walking up behind someone and yelling "boo" as you tap them on the shoulders is sexual harassment? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Yeh I have no idea WTF this even means?

    My only point is: it's not ok. Fucking treat people with respect. If you have a problem with that message, kindly fuck off.
    Says the dude hiding behind a keyboard berating other people then talking about respect in the same sentence. Pot meet kettle much?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    I know exactly the kind of person she is describing. The kind of guy who annoys people (usually relentlessly) for a reaction and act surprised when the reaction isn't a laugh and pat on the back after they say "it's just a joke".
    Or... its the dude she doesnt find attractive. If it were the guy she was crushing on, she welcomes the scares. We don't know shit except heresay. Everyone here is acting like experts on who has done what and who is telling the truth and who is lying. For the most part, most here are immediatlely jumping to "grab the pitchforks and torches yaw!". After seeing the Joshpriest Method stuff and the subsequent movement after that where dozens of girls came forward on streamers, we have learned a few things. There are scumbags on both sides. Their were streamers doing the shit they were accused of and then their were accusers that flat out admitted to lying about it or evidence was shown that they were lying.

    At the end of the day, the people that ACTUALLY did things are scumbags and deserve to be fired and face criminal charges. We need to see the case and the evidence and THEN grab the pitchforks and torches though. The whole guilty til proven innocent shit is insane to me. It destroys careers for those that genuinely didnt do anything. Heresay and he said / she said / they said isnt a guilty verdict.

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Except if said extinction event were heading specifically towards the US....it would be incorrect as the majority of the US is in fact white and the small percentage of those you're describing aren't nearly enough to skew things. The world? I'm PRETTY sure people in other countries that are majority non white have non white people in the situations you're claiming are majority white. Try again. I mean where are these racist thoughts somehow acceptable? Oh wait 20XX where saying anything condemning whitey it ok, but how dare you ever say anything against another whole race....
    I'm pretty sure you quoted the wrong person because your comment has nothing to do with what I posted.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teucer View Post
    If you’re actually trying to build a cohesive team you should value their input.

    You don’t have a right to know what an individual makes but you do have a right to know how much your role makes.
    It's absolutely within your rights to ask how much money other people in the company are making. Because more often then not, it brings to light wage disparity.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Man some of yall are straight squares. I have been co-workers with this 65 year old surfer chick that does our sheduling for like a decade. We have "scare" duels on who can scare each other the most. Walking up behind someone and yelling "boo" as you tap them on the shoulders is sexual harassment? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    - - - Updated - - -



    Says the dude hiding behind a keyboard berating other people then talking about respect in the same sentence. Pot meet kettle much?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Or... its the dude she doesnt find attractive. If it were the guy she was crushing on, she welcomes the scares. We don't know shit except heresay. Everyone here is acting like experts on who has done what and who is telling the truth and who is lying. For the most part, most here are immediatlely jumping to "grab the pitchforks and torches yaw!". After seeing the Joshpriest Method stuff and the subsequent movement after that where dozens of girls came forward on streamers, we have learned a few things. There are scumbags on both sides. Their were streamers doing the shit they were accused of and then their were accusers that flat out admitted to lying about it or evidence was shown that they were lying.

    At the end of the day, the people that ACTUALLY did things are scumbags and deserve to be fired and face criminal charges. We need to see the case and the evidence and THEN grab the pitchforks and torches though. The whole guilty til proven innocent shit is insane to me. It destroys careers for those that genuinely didnt do anything. Heresay and he said / she said / they said isnt a guilty verdict.
    He was touching her without consent and purposely causing her anxiety with the random jump scares. She was then brushed off when she asked for it to stop. Also, nothing in that picture mentions sexual harassment.

  16. #256
    Over 9000! Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Man some of yall are straight squares. I have been co-workers with this 65 year old surfer chick that does our sheduling for like a decade. We have "scare" duels on who can scare each other the most. Walking up behind someone and yelling "boo" as you tap them on the shoulders is sexual harassment? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    - - - Updated - - -



    Says the dude hiding behind a keyboard berating other people then talking about respect in the same sentence. Pot meet kettle much?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Or... its the dude she doesnt find attractive. If it were the guy she was crushing on, she welcomes the scares. We don't know shit except heresay. Everyone here is acting like experts on who has done what and who is telling the truth and who is lying. For the most part, most here are immediatlely jumping to "grab the pitchforks and torches yaw!". After seeing the Joshpriest Method stuff and the subsequent movement after that where dozens of girls came forward on streamers, we have learned a few things. There are scumbags on both sides. Their were streamers doing the shit they were accused of and then their were accusers that flat out admitted to lying about it or evidence was shown that they were lying.

    At the end of the day, the people that ACTUALLY did things are scumbags and deserve to be fired and face criminal charges. We need to see the case and the evidence and THEN grab the pitchforks and torches though. The whole guilty til proven innocent shit is insane to me. It destroys careers for those that genuinely didnt do anything. Heresay and he said / she said / they said isnt a guilty verdict.
    No one cares about your personal experiences with your buddies. Any company with any self-respecting policies for conduct has zero tolerance towards unwanted touching. Don't try to peddle your juvenile behavior as commonplace and acceptable. It's great if it's considered proper among your personal circle, but don't pretend it should be tolerated across the board unless you'd want your daughter getting her shoulders grabbed and spooked by some dickhead with too much free time and not enough personality.

    Everyone here is hiding behind a keyboard, what the hell are you even spazzing about?

    Maybe the only valid point you've made, but the evidence of bro culture and frat house behavior is mounting to the point Blizzard employees organized a walkout, and Acti-Blizzard provided PTO in response to it, apparently for very little reason according to your expertise opinion. It's fine to hold off judgment until proven guilty, but I wouldn't die on a hill playing devil's advocate to scum bags because you're obviously like-minded but is finally being called out on it.

    You like spooking people for fun? Go do it to your mom.

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Lose their jobs? Again, I reiterate: the same jobs where they got

    Grossly underpaid ("pay for your ambitions")
    Were worked to utter physical and mental exhaustion
    Were allegedly free game for sexual harassment and verbal abuse
    Were allegedly passed up for promotion because they didn't belong to the clique


    That job? This is why I say "rip off the bandaid." You and others think that these employees need Blizzard, and to those ends, should stick around to reform it, when in reality they should hightail it out of there and find their way into studios that treat them at least marginally more like dignified human beings.
    A job is a job. You are advocating for having over 10,000 people lose their job. Do you not understand that? All because what, 3-4 people were shit heads out of enough co-workers that would be make up an entire city. I bet you were on your soap box screaming defund the police too amirite?

    You don't know shit. You haven't seen shit. The reports arent out yet. Did you work at blizz? How do you know people were worked to utter physical and mental exhaustion? Do you think said programmers and developers came into the gaming industry and werent aware of the insane crunch that comes with it from EVERY COMPANY IN GAMING? Do you really dont think this wasnt covered when interviewed? Were these same people forced to accept the job?

    And you dont know who was passed up for what. I work in management for a pretty big construction company. I have been approached about raises (i have no authority to give them out). Some people that approached me were people with the company two whole months. Other people wanted to be promoted from a helper (total green employee) to a damned forman after 8 months rofl! You would not believe the asinine requests that would come across my bosses desk. In my industry, people get raises frequently, normally at the end of jobs before going onto the next.

    You have zero clue who is pissy because they got passed up for legitimately reasons or those that were deserving. There is no law saying person a, b, or c is owed a promotion anywhere. Thats what is great about free will. Get passed up and you hate it, go to another company. Roll out on them. People promote friends , family, and others all the time over people deserving. It happens literally everywhere, no matter what industry.

    You better boycott gaming as a whole. While you are at it dont shop at walmarts, amazon, movie theaters, car dealerships, and any other place that has more than 1 employee. Better yet, go build you a wood shack and live off the land if you want to show the world that getting passed up for a promotion makes people evil.

  18. #258
    Oh stop it already... this is on the bring of comedy. Guys made couple of jokes and now everyone is acting like they raped someone... Just look in your past and think about how many BS jokes or idiotisms you were in... but did you ever commit a crime?

    And about all the leaks... Man, if at least we could find out who the leak was. I bet some disgruntled ex employee that didn't get the promotion he wanted...

  19. #259
    Elemental Lord Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    8,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    People promote friends , family, and others all the time over people deserving. It happens literally everywhere, no matter what industry.

    You better boycott gaming as a whole. While you are at it dont shop at walmarts, amazon, movie theaters, car dealerships, and any other place that has more than 1 employee. Better yet, go build you a wood shack and live off the land if you want to show the world that getting passed up for a promotion makes people evil.
    This is some stupid shit.

    Not sure if you're aware, but just because something has been one way for a long time doesn't mean you can't change it for the better.

    Can't believe you're seriously sitting here defending nepotism when all it takes to change it is for people to collectively go, "hey let's stop doing that."

    Let's all stop bathing and go back to throwing our shit in the streets while we're at it, since you're so fond of "back in the day."
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2021-07-29 at 05:54 AM.

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    No one cares about your personal experiences with your buddies. Any company with any self-respecting policies for conduct has zero tolerance towards unwanted touching. Don't try to peddle your juvenile behavior as commonplace and acceptable. It's great if it's considered proper among your personal circle, but don't pretend it should be tolerated across the board unless you'd want your daughter getting her shoulders grabbed and spooked by some dickhead with too much free time and not enough personality.

    Everyone here is hiding behind a keyboard, what the hell are you even spazzing about?

    Maybe the only valid point you've made, but the evidence of bro culture and frat house behavior is mounting to the point Blizzard employees organized a walkout, and Acti-Blizzard provided PTO in response to it, apparently for very little reason according to your expertise opinion. It's fine to hold off judgment until proven guilty, but I wouldn't die on a hill playing devil's advocate to scum bags because you're obviously like-minded but is finally being called out on it.

    You like spooking people for fun? Go do it to your mom.
    No one really gives 3 fooks about your experiences or opinions either, but alas, you give your smooth brain takes so ill say whatever I wish. There is an ignore feature. Use it if you don't like it.

    Cancel culture is a real thing. As I have already stated, their is scum on BOTH sides of the fence. Its why pre-judging is a shit thing to do based off of heresay. It ruins lives. The evidence will come out and the shitheads that are guilty should be ruined, but the people being lied about and having their lives ruined is not fucking cool. Its happened to a lot of people due to the court of personal opinion jumping to said conclusions based on again, heresay. The people found to be lying on the accusing side need to be fired and blacklisted from the industry as a whole as well.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    This is some stupid shit.

    Not sure if you're aware, but just because something has been one way for a long time doesn't mean you can't change it for the better.

    Can't believe you're seriously sitting here defending nepotism when all it takes to change it is for people to collectively go, "hey let's stop doing that."

    Let's all stop bathing and go back to throwing our shit in the streets while we're at it.
    I want world peace too. Its not happening. Unfortunately the world isnt perfect and shit like this happens everywhere. Ive gotten passed up for promotions once or twice. I didnt go sit in a corner and cry foul while wallowing in self pity. I busted my ass and got promoted the next time the opening was available. Thats why I find it comical that people are all "oh im done with blizz, im done with supporting this company" when this shit happens at every big company. You might as well boycott the fucking world. Just sit in your house. Just dont sit on your couch as that was probably made by a company that uses child labor. You damned well better sit around butt naked as your clothes were DEFINITELY made with child labor. Use your hands to eat. Better not watch tv as their might be an exec that was a scrumbgag rat at cbs that touched someone when they damned well shouldnt have.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •