Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ...
24
32
33
34
35
36
44
... LastLast
  1. #661
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Study after study has established that transparency on payscales yields greater productivity and helps prevent pay bias against POCs and women. Not sure why you're so vehemently against it. And before you try the "it's none of their business what I make" defense, I'll remind you that most employee tax information at a publicly traded company is readily available through a simple investigation and thus there is truly no such thing as privacy in pay to begin with.
    what do you mean "PoC"? on average Asians earn more then Whites.....

    and the pay gap between women and men has been debunked a thousand times over, one of the things it literally does not includes hours worked, men work on average 5hrs more per week..

    hell google found it was underpaying men compared to women after women demanded the wage gap be narrowed.

  2. #662
    Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    what do you mean "PoC"? on average Asians earn more then Whites.....

    and the pay gap between women and men has been debunked a thousand times over, one of the things it literally does not includes hours worked, men work on average 5hrs more per week..

    hell google found it was underpaying men compared to women after women demanded the wage gap be narrowed.
    Shhh don't take my one piece of leverage in salary negotiations away.
    TEAM BUYER'S REMORSE
    Avoid the Odyssey NEO G9 Until They Un-Broke the HDR
    Remember: Opinions can't hurt you.
    Woman in Tech. Don't @ me with your vitriol for not agreeing blindly with your position.

  3. #663
    "They didn't knew about Cosby!" "It's just bro chat jokes!"

    It doesn't matter. It's about a sexual predator and his enablers, it's about what happened inside that suite.

    Fact, Alex Afrasiabi is the only one mentioned on the lawsuit. Fact, Alex Afrasiabi was fired from Blizzard because of sexual harassment. Fact, all those men on the picture helped organizing the suite and knew about it.

  4. #664
    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post

    And I would rather have a Chinese like authoritative control over social media than to have uncontrolled witch hunters ruining people's lives just for social media clout.
    You do realise that would include people being disappeared by the government, when calling out actual abuses?

  5. #665
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    30,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Considering they called themselves the "BlizzCon Cosby Crew", isn't it very likely that "Cos approved" would just mean either "approved by the Blizzcon Cosby crew" or "approved by/for the 'Cosby Suite'?

    In the group chat, after a message that one is at the bar, another replies "Come up to the cos". Seems to me "cos" is just a diminuitive they used to refer to the suite and/or their group.
    I do hope the picture of the girls on the bed with one apparently fondling the breast of another while the chat transcript cheered them on comes out. If it does I'll look forward to your justification for that. I do hope they fuzz out the faces of the women to protect their privacy. That's the only reason I can think of for why Kotaku didn't publish the photo with their story. I'm going to assume it exists. If it does it will certainly become a piece of evidence in the lawsuit.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-07-30 at 07:14 AM.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  6. #666
    Herald of the Titans The Oblivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,945
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I do hope the picture of the girls on the bed with one apparently fondling the breast of another while the chat transcript cheered them on comes out. If it does I'll look forward to your justification for that. I do hope they fuzz out the faces of the women to protect their privacy. That's the only reason I can think of for why Kotaku didn't publish the photo with their story. I'm going to assume it exists. If it does it will certainly become a piece of evidence in the lawsuit.
    why lmfao

    thats not anything bad. in fact, 2 chicks fucking around with each other at a party for a pic with some dudes being like helllll yeahhh in the background is not a weird/rare/or problemtatic thing. lmfao women in the room have already said they were TONS of people in there, not just those pictured. it was literally a green room where people drank, hung out, and had fun. Just because 1 dude was shitty in there at some point, doesnt mean everyone was even most of them time.

  7. #667
    Stood in the Fire BrintoSFJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    You do realise that would include people being disappeared by the government, when calling out actual abuses?
    If you suffer abuse, go to the cops, not write on social media. If people have to write on social media to get help for sexual harassment, rape and every other kind of abuse, your country, your society, your govt., your law enforcment, your entire system has already failed, no need to talk about further abuse of law.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

  8. #668
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I do hope the picture of the girls on the bed with one apparently fondling the breast of another while the chat transcript cheered them on comes out.
    If no one forced the girls to do that then what's the problem? Now something like this obviously isn't good PR for a company but outside of that, what's the big deal? And before someone throws a fit... I'm not talking about the larger scope of things with the sexual harassment but just a specific instance like this.

  9. #669
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Neither did they. You merrily added the parts about plying anyone with alcohol and anything pertaining to sexual advantages all by yourself. Also, yea, BlizzCon is a super serious work. Especially the after hours when people party in their free time.
    Blizzard is a work function for blizzard staff, that's not a point of contention. "It's not a serious event your honour" would fly like a lead balloon. Beyond that, if an employee gets handsy with another employee it's a workplace incident regardless of venue.

    Further to that when the discussion is being had with and about now known, fired by blizzard for being one, sex pest alex afrasiabi seeking to have sex with women we can use the power of hindsight to see what was happening here (at least for one party)

    Following from the above, "it's just a joke", "it's just innocent bantz" ceases to be that once allegations of sexual harassment emerged. Then it becomes potential inculpatory evidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Something something shrieking MRAs
    Mask off in the first post? Bold strategy. We'll see if defending the pervasive culture of unequal restitution and harassment of women and minorities because the corporation in question made good video games pays off long term.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzet View Post
    I am not defend any of the accused but Greg isn't being accused but he is taking so much hate right now for just knowing Alex, you don't think that's overkill? He even admits his fault and tries.
    Street is copping shit because he released a public statement with the usual platitudes and vague tut tuting a day before the whole cosby suit thing dropped which implicated he was present and knew about more of the culture (not necessarily any harassment) than he let on.
    Basically, he's got a bit of a case of foot in mouth, unless something significantly worse comes out he'll be fine he just looks like a tool.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

  10. #670
    Warchief Magical Mudcrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    All across Nirn.
    Posts
    2,060
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    If no one forced the girls to do that then what's the problem? Now something like this obviously isn't good PR for a company but outside of that, what's the big deal? And before someone throws a fit... I'm not talking about the larger scope of things with the sexual harassment but just a specific instance like this.
    If they just like to party like that then it's obviously fine, they can fondle as many big milkies as they want, but it brings up the question as to whether the girls were OK with it or if they felt pressured by senior Blizzard staff who they looked up to. If it's the latter, while there would be some nuance (such as some individuals genuinely being ignorant of the pressure), it's a problem.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

  11. #671
    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    If people have to write on social media to get help for sexual harassment, rape and every other kind of abuse, your country, your society, your govt., your law enforcment, your entire system has already failed,
    Oh good, you do understand the current situation then.

  12. #672
    Quote Originally Posted by User517849 View Post
    I disagree, I think it at least shows that part of the pay gap is possibly due to men being willing to take more risks. If you remove where and experience, you'd expect roughly 3.5% to be due to risk.

    My point was that they expected to find no pay difference because there theoretically shouldn't be one in algorithmically given work. Especially if you operate under the assumption that men or women are equally skilled at driving from point A to point B.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Bizarrely, either the DFEH is completely wrong on that point or Alex was using it as cover and everyone else went along with it unknowingly.
    I’m not sure I buy it being a case of them getting it wrong. There’s so many people that knew about it. Hundreds from reports. Hard sell that DFEH wouldn’t of known what it really was. It seems intentionally misleading.

    Alex for sure seems like a womanizer, but I’m not sure we’ve seen anything to suggest more than that. Like he’s not drugging women, or aggressively harassing, or anything like that from what they’ve said so far. Realistically more just a guy thats a little too friendly with women for the tech world, not a serial sexual predator like people are making it out.

    But, maybe there’s more. We’ll see.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-07-30 at 08:56 AM.

  13. #673
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I’m not sure I buy it being a case of them getting it wrong. There’s so many people that knew about it. Hundreds from reports. Hard sell that DFEH wouldn’t of known what it really was. It seems intentionally misleading.

    Alex for sure seems like a womanizer, but I’m not sure we’ve seen anything to suggest more than that. Like he’s not drugging women, or aggressively harassing, or anything like that from what they’ve said so far. Realistically more just a guy thats a little too friendly with women for the tech world, not a serial sexual predator like people are making it out.

    But, maybe there’s more. We’ll see.
    Sexual harassement lawsuits are extremely rare compared to the amount of cases. Its one of the least convincted fellonies out there, if the state of california decided to prosecuted its almost a shut and done case tbh.

  14. #674
    Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    Sexual harassement lawsuits are extremely rare compared to the amount of cases. Its one of the least convincted fellonies out there, if the state of california decided to prosecuted its almost a shut and done case tbh.
    That’s the thing, it’s almost entirely an equal pay lawsuit, not a sexual harassment lawsuit.

    According to Hoeg law on YouTube. He goes over all of it.

  15. #675
    Quote Originally Posted by User517849 View Post
    Cosby was still doing graduation speeches in 2013 and 2014.

    https://onmilwaukee.com/articles/billcosbymarquette

    https://www.phillymag.com/news/2014/...otton-picking/

    But the most bizarre thing is in DFEH's indictment:

    https://imgur.com/g4IdEr3

    It states that women gave the suite the name. Did Alex, upon hearing that they were calling him Cosby (for the rape allegation reasons) then go out and get a giant Cosby picture?

    Alex seems pretty smart, that would've been a fairly good way to use the Cosby criticism as a smoke screen of "it's because of this hilarious Cosby picture I got".
    It doesn't state that women gave it the name.

    Afrasiabi was so known to engage in harassment of females that his suite was nicknamed the 'Crosby Suite' after alleged rapist Bill Crosby.
    Doesn't say by who. So either you're intentionally misleading people or don't know how to read.

  16. #676
    From what i can tell the sexual harassement exerts are mostly to paint a culture of systematic discrimination. Activision needs to send a cleaning crew asap to fire all middle management and break the internal blizzard culture.

  17. #677
    Quote Originally Posted by User517849 View Post
    But the most bizarre thing is in DFEH's indictment:

    https://imgur.com/g4IdEr3

    It states that women gave the suite the name. Did Alex, upon hearing that they were calling him Cosby (for the rape allegation reasons) then go out and get a giant Cosby picture?
    No it doesn't. It states that he was known to harass women and that it was named the Cosby suite because of that (whether that is true is unclear; none of the explanations seem to paint the whole picture). It doesn't say that it was the harassed woman that invented the name.

    It seems clear that some knew and went to the Cosby suite, and didn't think it was a reference even to sex (and surely not rape). DFEH implies that some thought differently; I'm not sure we will ever get the true story.

  18. #678
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Yeah, because the entertainment industry is one giant hive mind. A bunch of tech geeks constantly mingle with the Hollywood crowd. Hell, all of the people in the picture must have personally known Cosby. No doubt about that. Ghostcrawler also videotaped every case of Weinstein's misconduct as he was with him all the time and chose not to make it public




    You not understanding what "on average" means doesn't mean @zorkuus is making shit up. Your anecdotal piece if trivia doesn't even begin to address what he said. That on average men work longer hours than women in US comes from US census data.
    1. Again, this has been discussed before. Not one person is saying that there was some extensive intermingling, because that is not even what is required for word to simply get around. You don't need some 'hive mind' for it to happen. Furthermore, the Cosby situation was more or less an open secret within the entertainment industry, similar to Kevin Spacey, Bryan Singer, Max Landis and a host of other people who've since been confirmed to have engaged in harassment. Everyone fucking knew about these guys, it just never went large. Because influence.

    2. None of that even matters. There is a wage gap. It's absolutely not all due to gender discrimination, but gender discrimination does exist. And even with that in mind, I actually think it'll be very tricky for the State of California to actually slam Blizzard on that one. The main thrust of the case will still be sexual harassment (as far as what Blizzard will actually be pinned on, not what the main content of the suit is).

    I'm glad we cleared this up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    No it doesn't. It states that he was known to harass women and that it was named the Cosby suite because of that (whether that is true is unclear; none of the explanations seem to paint the whole picture). It doesn't say that it was the harassed woman that invented the name.

    It seems clear that some knew and went to the Cosby suite, and didn't think it was a reference even to sex (and surely not rape). DFEH implies that some thought differently; I'm not sure we will ever get the true story.
    It honestly doesn't even matter. Cosby Suite or Den of Equal Pay, the sexual harassment still happened. And that's the key bit.
    Last edited by Valkyrst; 2021-07-30 at 09:30 AM.

  19. #679
    So many comments from greasy nerds, no wonder why Americans are so stupid.

  20. #680
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Furthermore, the Cosby situation was more or less an open secret within the entertainment industry, similar to Kevin Spacey, Bryan Singer, Max Landis and a host of other people who've since been confirmed to have engaged in harassment.
    Do we know that included the majority of the grunts working at Blizzard?

    The fact that we know of specific stars making such public warnings even in more relevant circles, like warnings about Harvey Weinstein, both indicate that some knew and that not everyone knew. To me it seems more that the knowledge was primarily seen as genuine warnings - not gossip that floated around widely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    It honestly doesn't even matter. Cosby Suite or Den of Equal Pay, the sexual harassment still happened. And that's the key bit.
    You are right that the name itself isn't as important as the sexual harassments, that clearly happened, but there are several indications that there was a Cosby suite at more than one conference.

    Having a regular sexual harassment room at conferences would make it even more systematic and worse. There must always be a Cosby suite...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •