Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ...
33
41
42
43
44
45
... LastLast
  1. #841
    Cosby was making a new show for NBC in 2014, set to air in 2015

    https://deadline.com/2014/07/tca-nbc...arring-803358/

    Cosby had a Thanksgiving special he did for Netflix that was due to come out in November 2014

    https://decider.com/2021/06/30/bill-...tflix-special/

    Tell me more about how everyone in the entertainment business and California knew about him before October 2014, let alone computer nerds in Irvine.

    Just stop.

  2. #842
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    First off thats not how facts and statistics work. You have no proof the majority of people in the entertainment industry knew. What we do know is that Hannibal went on tour for 6 months and every place he went thought it was a joke. Even in Philadelphia they thought it was a joke and were pissed because that's Cosby's hometown so he told them too google it. Using sample sizes you can extrapolate that since all his tour spots didn't believe it even though these were people connected to the entertainment industry as they went to comedy clubs that the majority of people didn't know. You find me some evidence that billions of people around the world knew about it. You can't. Wikipedia was only able to reference 2 fucking Philadelphia articles and that was it.

    People on the comedy route didn't even know and yet you believe a couple of Randoms from Blizzard knew about it and then took a public picture? Obviously you want it to be true because you have so much hate in your heart. Also you are disrespecting the victims by saying they should have known it was a rape room by the Cosby name since they too are in the majority and work in the entertainment industry.
    I'm not the one sitting here claiming to have all the facts despite having absolutely no proof that what I'm saying is 100% accurate. I said people likely knew. You're saying that the vast majority of people didn't know and that you are 100% correct in saying it. You have no proof. I also posted a link chronicling Cosby's history of being a sexual predator. These were not private cases.

    You're basing your entire argument on a couple of comedy shows and saying that proves that people didn't know until Hannibal said it. That's asinine. I've supplied a link to Cosby's history. Now either show your OWN articles that prove without a doubt that the vast majority of the people in the USA had absolutely no idea that Cosby had a history of being charged with sexual assault and harassment.

  3. #843
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Cosby was accused, and it was made public, long before the 2013 photo of them posing with a framed picture of him. It just didn’t became mainstream in the media until 2014, and then that was followed with many more victims stepping forward.
    Why in the world would they publicly tweet about it if they supposedly knew about what Cosby did. The simpler and more logical answer is that it was literally a reference to the sweaters he used to wear. Not hard to comprehend there were like 200 replies to that tweet not a single on talking about what Cosby supposedly did. The only previous accusation was the early 2000s and it went nowhere. Stop looking for stuff that isn't there when there is plenty already to take them to task on.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    As stated to other people, it’s quite possible that it was an off the cuff joke that took on a life of its own. I’ve never stated that Blizzard employees ever assaulted anyone. I’ve only stated that it’s quite possible it has nothing to do with ugly walls or carpet, especially when the walls in the photos are white.

    - - - Updated - - -



    There possibly was. We don’t know. There very well could have been people going “that’s just wrong.” Just not in a manner that made them give pause or any deep thought to it.
    It’s also very easy to get caught up in a joke without ever realizing that it’s gone too far. Just look at how many celebrities we have today apologizing for jokes they’ve made in the past.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That somehow changes the point?
    The original room had carpeting that was similar to the sweatshirt thereafter w/e the hangout room was would be termed as the cosby suite which I would assume stopped after the accusations became known but who knows. There is a reason they had a portrait of him with them before seeing the room it's because w/e the hangout was got called the cosby suite in honor of their old boardroom.

    Also the Jackson allegations were known by everyone the Cosby ones were not until 2014.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    As I've said to others, factors that could be considered low hanging fruit (i.e.: factors that could easily be identified by anyone, even laypersons) will have already been taken into account in adjusted wage gaps. So, for clarity, there are two wage gaps:
    (1) Raw/Unadjusted Gender Pay Gap; this is the average pay for men and women (i.e.: this is where the 0.75:1.00 comes from).
    (2) Adjusted Gender Pay Gap; this is the pay gap that takes into consideration age, education, occupation, etc. (i.e.: controls for factors that could affect wages).

    In my post the first source refers to (1), and the second source shows (1) and (2), showing both the unadjusted and adjusted pay gaps.
    And Adjusted is largely accounted for in that men are encouraged to fight for increased salary early on while in women that's seen as a negative. Not saying that's right but that's where most the remaining gap comes from.

  4. #844
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I'm not the one sitting here claiming to have all the facts despite having absolutely no proof that what I'm saying is 100% accurate. I said people likely knew. You're saying that the vast majority of people didn't know and that you are 100% correct in saying it. You have no proof. I also posted a link chronicling Cosby's history of being a sexual predator. These were not private cases.

    You're basing your entire argument on a couple of comedy shows and saying that proves that people didn't know until Hannibal said it. That's asinine. I've supplied a link to Cosby's history. Now either show your OWN articles that prove without a doubt that the vast majority of the people in the USA had absolutely no idea that Cosby had a history of being charged with sexual assault and harassment.
    Look at the post above you and my posts with links. You are claiming they likely knew with no proof what so ever. You even ignore the fact that they made a public photo in the room. Where is your proof that they likely knew? I stated the fact that over 95% of the people on the planet don't live in the US.

    Also your claims mean that all the women should have known as well. Are you claiming every woman went willingly into a room named after a rapist?
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-07-31 at 06:35 AM.

  5. #845
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Look at the post above you and my posts with links. You are claiming they likely knew with no proof what so ever. Where is your proof that they likely knew? I stated the fact that over 95% of the people on the planet don't live in the US.

    Also your claims mean that all the women should have known as well. Are you claiming every woman went willingly into a room named after a rapist?
    Unlike you, I acknowledging that I'm speculating. Because there's no way for me to know without a doubt either. Also, of course the entire WORLD didn't know about it. I'm sure there's massive scandals that happen in other countries but I don't hear about it because I don't live there. So bringing up the population of the entire world is just a strawman.

    As far as your other point, a more likely scenario is that them calling it the Cosby Suite might have been something they called it only around each other and didn't tell women they invited that it was called the Cosby Suite. Once again, pure speculation because we just don't have any concrete evidence to say either one of us is 100% right. So stop acting like your speculation is gospel.

  6. #846
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Unlike you, I acknowledging that I'm speculating. Because there's no way for me to know without a doubt either. Also, of course the entire WORLD didn't know about it. I'm sure there's massive scandals that happen in other countries but I don't hear about it because I don't live there. So bringing up the population of the entire world is just a strawman.

    As far as your other point, a more likely scenario is that them calling it the Cosby Suite might have been something they called it only around each other and didn't tell women they invited that it was called the Cosby Suite. Once again, pure speculation because we just don't have any concrete evidence to say either one of us is 100% right. So stop acting like your speculation is gospel.
    Yeah but you are speculating by ignoring evidence. The evidence is that the majority of people didn't know in 2013, Cosby was still getting shows planned in 2013, that the Blizzard devs took a public photo in the room with a picture of Cosby and that none of the private chats that were revealed showed any knowledge of Cosby being a rapist.

    I said the majority of people didn't know because all evidence we have points to the majority of people not knowing until Hannibal pissed off a bunch of Philadelphians and they went to prove him wrong and found out he was right. Why was Wikipedia only able to find 2 articles pre 2014 and both were in Philadelphia? Why can't you find any proof otherwise?

  7. #847
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Yeah but you are speculating by ignoring evidence. The evidence is that the majority of people didn't know in 2013, Cosby was still getting shows planned in 2013, that the Blizzard devs took a public photo in the room with a picture of Cosby and that none of the private chats that were revealed showed any knowledge of Cosby being a rapist.

    I said the majority of people didn't know because all evidence we have points to the majority of people not knowing until Hannibal pissed off a bunch of Philadelphians and they went to prove him wrong and found out he was right. Why was Wikipedia only able to find 2 articles pre 2014 and both were in Philadelphia? Why can't you find any proof otherwise?
    You know you are stating that the information was on Google, which, last I checked, was a readily available source of information for anyone that wanted to look anything up. It’s entirely possible that quite a few people knew, other than 1 comedian.
    It’s been stated multiple times that it didn’t become mainstream before him. That doesn’t mean that it wasn’t out there for people to know or find out.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Why in the world would they publicly tweet about it if they supposedly knew about what Cosby did. The simpler and more logical answer is that it was literally a reference to the sweaters he used to wear. Not hard to comprehend there were like 200 replies to that tweet not a single on talking about what Cosby supposedly did. The only previous accusation was the early 2000s and it went nowhere. Stop looking for stuff that isn't there when there is plenty already to take them to task on.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The original room had carpeting that was similar to the sweatshirt thereafter w/e the hangout room was would be termed as the cosby suite which I would assume stopped after the accusations became known but who knows. There is a reason they had a portrait of him with them before seeing the room it's because w/e the hangout was got called the cosby suite in honor of their old boardroom.

    Also the Jackson allegations were known by everyone the Cosby ones were not until 2014.

    - - - Updated - - -



    And Adjusted is largely accounted for in that men are encouraged to fight for increased salary early on while in women that's seen as a negative. Not saying that's right but that's where most the remaining gap comes from.
    Like I’ve said in numerous posts, it’s extremely likely that it was all a joke that spiraled out of control. At the time, any allegations against Cosby, the proverbial family man that could do no wrong and no one could believe could do such a thing, we’re just that. Allegations. All charges and claims, up to then, were dropped due to lack of evidence.
    A bunch of friends hanging out and making dark jokes about something is entirely plausible. I never said that people in Blizzard posted these things and posted on social media showing that they are celebrating being rapists, or glorifying one. At the time, Cosby was an innocent man, so posting things like this don’t imply what you think I’m trying to say they imply.

    As to your 2nd point, we’ve had different people give different explanations as to why it was called the Cosby suite. Someone said carpet. Someone said walls. I think there was even a 3rd reason given. I’d have to reread the article to check if a 3 reason was given.
    Also, what’s it matter if Jackson WQs known by everyone? The information about Cosby was on Google, hence anyone could readily know about it. It just wasn’t mainstream. The point about Jackson, compared to Cosby, is that even after all the allegations about Michael there were millions of people who flocked to his concert because he was never found guilty. Much like anything concerning Cosby at the time with getting new entertainment deals and jokes made about him.

  8. #848
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    As far as your other point, a more likely scenario is that them calling it the Cosby Suite might have been something they called it only around each other and didn't tell women they invited that it was called the Cosby Suite.
    You could also speculate that they didn't even tell all men, or even one person thought of it and never told anyone else - but just had a joke on the rest.

    However, it seems there was a previous Cosby suite. Did something happen there? That's primarily of interest to see how systematic the sexual harassments were, and if there was nothing sexual there it would sort of disprove the idea that it was named after Cosby's sexual assaults.

    So, why did the law-suit report that it was named after Cosby's sexual assaults? Did someone come forth and say that (and were they telling the truth)? If we look at Kotaku it more seems that some employees speculated that it was based on Cosby's sexual assaults - without knowing if it were the case; and it's entirely possible that they had that idea after the Cosby allegations exploded in 2014; and the law-suit allegation is based on that.
    That's not good for the government's case.

  9. #849
    Warchief Magical Mudcrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    All across Nirn.
    Posts
    2,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    And Adjusted is largely accounted for in that men are encouraged to fight for increased salary early on while in women that's seen as a negative. Not saying that's right but that's where most the remaining gap comes from.
    Discrepancies in pay increases, including negotiated starting salaries, are typically factored in when applicable and are used in determining the adjusted wage gap. If you have an actual study that demonstrates that what you are claiming is the case, feel free to post it; however, I've never seen a well-reviewed study that claims such.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Yeah but you are speculating by ignoring evidence. The evidence is that the majority of people didn't know in 2013, Cosby was still getting shows planned in 2013, that the Blizzard devs took a public photo in the room with a picture of Cosby and that none of the private chats that were revealed showed any knowledge of Cosby being a rapist.

    I said the majority of people didn't know because all evidence we have points to the majority of people not knowing until Hannibal pissed off a bunch of Philadelphians and they went to prove him wrong and found out he was right. Why was Wikipedia only able to find 2 articles pre 2014 and both were in Philadelphia? Why can't you find any proof otherwise?
    Allegations against Cosby were public since before 2014, with public accusations being known as early as 2005 (which I believe is the Constand case, though you could likely find sources from before that point); however, it didn't help that some media outlets like ABCNews opted to lead their audiences by trying to make it appear as though investigators were trying to prove the sexual assault was actually consensual. It should be noted that the back-and-forth between Constand and Cosby was public and went on for over a year. In 2006, there were also publications like People magazine who published additional accounts of sexual assault from victims of Cosby, though at the time it was mostly Jane Does who did not want to come forward publicly. It's hard to believe that more people behind the scenes were simply completely and totally unaware of his behavior given the sheer number of allegations that would eventually come out against him from such a broad range of time, dozens of victims over the course of multiple decades, as well as the fact that these allegations even spilled over into the public. Further to that point, Hannibal Buress' joke wasn't even really a joke, he literally just told people to "Google 'Bill Cosby Rape'", so it's not like the information was even that well hidden from the public. The sad fact of the matter is that it's likely not that people were unaware behind the scenes, but more likely they either were more concerned about their own well being or simply didn't give a shit, such as in the case with people who knew a Weinstein.

    Regarding how this relates to the Cosby Suite, it's possible that some people didn't know. Greg Street gave a plausible answer, as it's true that someone likely wouldn't publicly brag about something called the Cosby Suite if they knew about the allegations; however, it's a little uncanny how the Cosby Suite is tied to Afrasiabi, who was known to sexually abuse women at Blizzard. Even if some people did not know, the connection is a little too suspect to be give everyone a pass.
    Last edited by Magical Mudcrab; 2021-07-31 at 09:43 AM.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

  10. #850
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Allegations against Cosby were public since before 2014, with public accusations being known as early as 2005 (which I believe is the Constand case, though you could likely find sources from before that point); however, it didn't help that some media outlets like ABCNews opted to lead their audiences by trying to make it appear as though investigators were trying to prove the sexual assault was actually consensual. It should be noted that the back-and-forth between Constand and Cosby was public and went on for over a year. In 2006, there were also publications like People magazine who published additional accounts of sexual assault from victims of Cosby, though at the time it was mostly Jane Does who did not want to come forward publicly. It's hard to believe that more people behind the scenes were simply completely and totally unaware of his behavior given the sheer number of allegations that would eventually come out against him from such a broad range of time, dozens of victims over the course of multiple decades, as well as the fact that these allegations even spilled over into the public. Further to that point, Hannibal Buress' joke wasn't even really a joke, he literally just told people to "Google 'Bill Cosby Rape'", so it's not like the information was even that well hidden from the public. The sad fact of the matter is that it's likely not that people were unaware behind the scenes, but more likely they either were more concerned about their own well being or simply didn't give a shit, such as in the case with people who knew a Weinstein.
    We're not talking about people behind the scenes being in the know, we're talking about the public.

  11. #851
    Warchief Magical Mudcrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    All across Nirn.
    Posts
    2,060
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    We're not talking about people behind the scenes being in the know, we're talking about the public.
    The part you quoted was addressed at the core of the disagreement that TheRevenantHero and qwerty123456 were having regarding the knowledge that someone in the entertainment industry would have regarding Cosby, which appears to stem from a post MoanaLisa made. Really, the core of the Cosby Suite argument they're having is "did someone in the group know about Cosby?" Well...
    - The allegations are public and have gone back decades.
    - The allegations were not hidden, and could easily be found via a Google search.
    - Precedent exists that shows that people within their own industries have open secrets, such as the case of Weinstein.
    - The individuals tied to the Coby suite all work within the entertainment industry.

    If people want to argue whether people in the group knew, they should be arguing around the basis on points like the above. Arguments regarding whether it was known by 95% of people worldwide, or anything similar, is entirely irrelevant and just a means to distract from the point.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

  12. #852
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    Where did I say they were not entitled to an attorney, a speedy trial, or presumed guilty. If found guilty of murder, then what do you call the people that support them? "Murder supporters".

    We can play with words all day, but what does it matter? Did you make a point or did you just want me to know that you think the single word here, "supporter", is incorrect and I must adhere to your sense of vocabulary and justice in order to appease your even bigger sense of OCD? Maybe?

    I am at a loss for what it is you need...
    You ignored all context of my last statement. Defending clearly meant "Is a lawyer for"

  13. #853
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    The part you quoted was addressed at the core of the disagreement that TheRevenantHero and qwerty123456 were having regarding the knowledge that someone in the entertainment industry would have regarding Cosby, which appears to stem from a post MoanaLisa made. Really, the core of the Cosby Suite argument they're having is "did someone in the group know about Cosby?" Well...
    - The allegations are public and have gone back decades.
    - The allegations were not hidden, and could easily be found via a Google search.
    - Precedent exists that shows that people within their own industries have open secrets, such as the case of Weinstein.
    - The individuals tied to the Coby suite all work within the entertainment industry.

    If people want to argue whether people in the group knew, they should be arguing around the basis on points like the above. Arguments regarding whether it was known by 95% of people worldwide, or anything similar, is entirely irrelevant and just a means to distract from the point.
    What’s also frustrating is that it’s highly unclear what the goal of the people going with the ‘no one knew Cosby was a creep’ statement is. Are you saying the naming of the Suite was innocent? Okay. Does that change the way Alex behaved all those years? No. Does it exonerate other people who went to the Cosby Suite? It does nothing. Nothing worse or better really.

    Because even if the suite didn’t have such a contentious name, the chances are enough people knew he was a creep. And did nothing of note to stop it. That said, no one is implying Kosak actually ‘gathered chixx’ for the Suite. In fact Kosak has supported women in their claims against Alex. So yeah.

    This is just one of those stupid round robin arguments. If anyone wants to die on the hill of ‘Eureka! Alex wasn’t a creep and the Cosby Suite naming paradox proves it!’ Then say so. Otherwise, this is just dumb.

  14. #854
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    You ignored all context of my last statement. Defending clearly meant "Is a lawyer for"
    If you can't convey your thoughts directly, without having to construe context, the problem is your communication skills. You clearly have NOTHING to say. Stop splitting hairs and using wordplay so that you have someone to talk to. It's coming off as desperate...

  15. #855
    Do you think this is a good time to apply for a job at Blizzard? I'm an average programmer at best, but if they are losing people left and right because of this, maybe I have a shot?

  16. #856
    Over 9000! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    9,035
    Look folks, another gem from Blizzard, this time covered by IGN:

    For the TLDR / lazy people, I am including the most important (to me, anyway) bits:

    • Throughout that week, IGN has spoken to seven past and present Activision Blizzard employees, building a clearer picture not just of its deeply troubled working culture, but the immediate aftermath of that culture becoming public – and how those at the company have organised to try and effect positive change amid worldwide outrage.
    • “It hurts to see it all written out,” one woman within Blizzard told IGN. “A lot of us have known about a lot of these instances, whether because we experienced them or we knew people who had. A lot of times the women within the company would start to band together at certain moments to protect each other.” Feelings like these are common among women at Activision Blizzard right now.
    • Blizzard has tended to treat developers as special while the various support services have suffered the brunt of cutbacks and layoffs. This has put additional pressure on everyone, but especially marginalized groups.
    • A Blizzard source points to the World of Warcraft team as an example of this dynamic at work. “WoW makes money, so the people at the top of WoW are untouchable, which means they get away with lots of shit (...)".
    • Before finally being fired in the middle of 2020, Afrasiabi was known for engaging in “blatant sexual harassment with little to no repercussions,” with a source telling IGN that he was leading an incubation development team as late as May 2020.
    • A source who has since departed Blizzard talked about how the room designated for breastfeeding didn’t have locks. “Men would walk into the breastfeeding room. There was no way to lock the door. They would just stare and I would have to scream at them to leave.” IGN understands that breastfeeding rooms have since been updated, with locks added to doors.
    • Even outside of direct harassment or abuse, multiple women at all levels of Activision Blizzard described to me the ways in which they were evaluated differently from men — descriptions corroborated by the DFEH report. They described working overtime and fixing problems left behind after their male peers went home, or being dinged in their employee evaluations for “not getting along” with verbally abusive bosses. Women would be evaluated on their social and cultural skills while men would be reviewed based on their technical ability, even if they were in the same discipline.
    • Seeing the memo [i.e. Frances Townsend's letter] had one source within Blizzard “laugh-crying in just pure disbelief.”. “Whatever [Bobby Kotick] says now, I don't think [it] matters as long as no one addresses the memo,” they said. “In my opinion whoever wrote that, if it wasn’t her… whoever approved that... that was just such a huge misstep.”
    • Internally, leadership appears to be shifting its stance, and in the wake of Kotick backtracking from the original statement, one source said the “change is undeniable at this point." However, Activision Blizzard is retaining the services of WilmerHale, a law firm that has previously been used by Amazon to prevent unionization. Activision Blizzard has also reportedly canceled all-hands meetings, directing employees to in-house resources instead.
    • At the regular employee level, this week has led to far more personal reckonings. It is already forcing many within Blizzard to question what it means to “bleed Blizzard blue.” More than one source talks about how they worked hard and endured a lot because they believed in the company, and now feel disillusioned not just with Blizzard, but with working in the games industry as a whole.

    What a !@$%ed up company.
    If the Janitor managed to pwn Azeroth:

    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    "Die, wold soul of *incomprehensible mumbling* with your death my plan to *incomoprehensible mumbling* finally fullfilled and *incomprehensible mumbling*!"

  17. #857
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    What’s also frustrating is that it’s highly unclear what the goal of the people going with the ‘no one knew Cosby was a creep’ statement is. Are you saying the naming of the Suite was innocent? Okay. Does that change the way Alex behaved all those years? No. Does it exonerate other people who went to the Cosby Suite?
    Exactly, if they didn't do anything it's not weird that they talked about a suite based on some old sweater joke or something! Now you get it!

    If you think it's a room where people can relax and have a drink and it's as dated as Cosby (or the drink mix looks like his sweater or what-ever) - and there's even Cosby picture there it's perfectly normal to go there if you are a guy or a girl; and also to say that it's best to leave before people get too drunk (which is generally a good idea). That seems entirely consistent with what happened.

    It would also imply that some of the governments case is based on hearsay and not as strong evidence as we thought. Perhaps JAB did more than give Alex a verbal "don't do that"; perhaps it was someone else who handled it instead, or perhaps the rest is actually true; we will see if it actually goes to trial. Obviously Alex is still a creep - no-one is denying that. Almost certainly others are as well, but who?

    Now instead ask the question: what is the reason why some strongly claim that everyone knew about Cosby at Blizzard in 2013? Would it make sense that people at Blizzard knew, but some of the victims of Cosby's assault didn't know that he had assaulted others before 2014?

  18. #858
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    Where did I say they were not entitled to an attorney, a speedy trial, or presumed guilty. If found guilty of murder, then what do you call the people that support them? "Murder supporters".
    Who you quoted:

    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Like calling anyone who defended someone who was guilty of murder as a 'murder supporter'
    Your response:

    If they were GUILTY of murder, they would be murder supporters...
    The right to assistance of counsel for defense is guaranteed. Does that make defense attorneys murder supporters, by your definition? What about representation during the appeal process?

    We can play with words all day, but what does it matter? Did you make a point or did you just want me to know that you think the single word here, "supporter", is incorrect and I must adhere to your sense of vocabulary and justice in order to appease your even bigger sense of OCD? Maybe?

    I am at a loss for what it is you need...
    Not sure where your personal attack tangent came from. You good?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    If you can't convey your thoughts directly, without having to construe context, the problem is your communication skills. You clearly have NOTHING to say. Stop splitting hairs and using wordplay so that you have someone to talk to. It's coming off as desperate...
    You failed to adequately convey your position in our exchange, so attacking someone for attempting to divine it is pathetic.
    Last edited by World Peace; 2021-07-31 at 04:15 PM.
    TEAM BUYER'S REMORSE
    Avoid the Odyssey NEO G9 Until They Un-Broke the HDR
    Remember: Opinions can't hurt you.
    Woman in Tech. Don't @ me with your vitriol for not agreeing blindly with your position.

  19. #859
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Exactly, if they didn't do anything it's not weird that they talked about a suite based on some old sweater joke or something! Now you get it!

    If you think it's a room where people can relax and have a drink and it's as dated as Cosby (or the drink mix looks like his sweater or what-ever) - and there's even Cosby picture there it's perfectly normal to go there if you are a guy or a girl; and also to say that it's best to leave before people get too drunk (which is generally a good idea). That seems entirely consistent with what happened.

    It would also imply that some of the governments case is based on hearsay and not as strong evidence as we thought. Perhaps JAB did more than give Alex a verbal "don't do that"; perhaps it was someone else who handled it instead, or perhaps the rest is actually true; we will see if it actually goes to trial. Obviously Alex is still a creep - no-one is denying that. Almost certainly others are as well, but who?

    Now instead ask the question: what is the reason why some strongly claim that everyone knew about Cosby at Blizzard in 2013? Would it make sense that people at Blizzard knew, but some of the victims of Cosby's assault didn't know that he had assaulted others before 2014?
    How about not taking what I said out of context? It’s a cheap tactic. What I’m saying is crystal clear. The Suite’s name is irrelevant. The Suite itself is also irrelevant really. Afrasiabi is still a predator and there are others too. The Suite changes nothing. As far as ‘who’? We will find out in due course I’m sure.

  20. #860
    Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    pathetic.
    Yes you are. Got anything else to parrot back at me? What a gnat...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •