Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ...
35
43
44
45
46
47
... LastLast
  1. #881
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    30,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    And you have gotten several answers for why it is important, despite your feigned uninterest.
    Having a different reason for the name doesn't make the known sexual harassments less severe, or remove the pay gap - but it reduces the air of suspicion around some others.
    Perhaps. The accompanying group chat has always been more of a problem than either the picture or who named the room. I expect we will sooner or later see more of that and I'm not confident that it's going to absolve anyone of anything. All of this noise over who named the room and why has sort of left the group chat excerpt behind. I'm not sure that is going to stay that way.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  2. #882
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The discussion is not about most people. It's about a very specific group of men who were well connected to the entertainment industry in Los Angeles and had been since the mid-2000s.
    Which (as per your posts earlier on in the thread) you based on the stellar logic of "People like Mark Hamill were doing voice acting for games since the 90s so game dev is totally well-connected to the movie entertainment industry as a whole", merrily ignoring that Blizzard isn't hiring voice actors of that caliber even now and back in 2013 they still did a fair share of it in-house, with Metzen voicing half a dozen of some of the highest profile WoW characters. Most of the people involved in the Cosby suite weren't even responsible for the creative side of WoW. The idea that a bunch of class and system designers for a game are well connected to Hollywood circles needs something more substantial than treating the entertainment industry as some kind of a monolith.


    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    What’s also frustrating is that it’s highly unclear what the goal of the people going with the ‘no one knew Cosby was a creep’ statement is. Are you saying the naming of the Suite was innocent? Okay. Does that change the way Alex behaved all those years? No. Does it exonerate other people who went to the Cosby Suite? It does nothing. Nothing worse or better really.

    Because even if the suite didn’t have such a contentious name, the chances are enough people knew he was a creep. And did nothing of note to stop it. That said, no one is implying Kosak actually ‘gathered chixx’ for the Suite. In fact Kosak has supported women in their claims against Alex. So yeah.

    This is just one of those stupid round robin arguments. If anyone wants to die on the hill of ‘Eureka! Alex wasn’t a creep and the Cosby Suite naming paradox proves it!’ Then say so. Otherwise, this is just dumb.
    Your sanctimonious "Pah! This tangent is ackshually irrelevant and I've been discussing it on pages on end only to humor you peasants." nonsense that you constantly resort to whenever you feel the need to dismiss something for reasons that are totally unknown would have more weight behind it if you actually paid attention to what's being discussed in the thread and, as such, what it is that you're even trying to dismiss.

    Because people most certainly did try to claim that they were gathering chixx for the suite. Saltysquidoon outright claimed the group chat about the suite is an instance of people not only gathering women but gathering women specifically to ply them with alcohol so they would be more susceptible for taking a sexual advantage of. Right at the start of the thread. And while their misrepresentation-based hot take was the most extreme post of such nature, it was not the only one.

    Likewise, the whole naming of the suite discussion really kicked off in the previous news thread that contained Ghostcrawler's tweets. Because it and the fact he's been at the suite had been used as "proof" to discredit GC and to "expose" him as a liar in regards to his claims about now knowing certain things. In which case if the naming of the suite was innocent it would exonerate GC against the actual accusations that were levied against him in regards to the Suite.

    This specific discussion has never been about Alex and the idea it's to prove Alex wasn't a creep is just a monumental straw-man on your part.


    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Where was the outrage? Where are the posts of people lambasting the company for having a Cosby Suite in 2014? There wasn't any. The group had a room called the Cosby Suite and even after the allegations of Cosby became more widely known, everyone at the company was dead silent. That's why I say that people not speaking up prior is a moot point, because even after the actions of Cosby became more mainstream knowledge, people still didn't care, or at least didn't speak up about it.

    The power differential between Weinstein and Afrasiabi is totally irrelevant. Afrasiabi had a high level position at Blizzard and was actively enabled by the rest of the senior staff. Do you have any concept of how terrifying that is for employees? The fact that speaking out against this person could lead to retaliation (as we saw in other cases in the lawsuit) in the most likely scenario, which could include endangering your position at the company, or humiliation (as per the allegation of someone being forced to apologize for being over sensitive to the person who victimized them), and in the best case scenario will lead to no action whatsoever, as we saw with management taking no action against Afrasiabi and, instead, it just leading to Brack having a 1-on-1 chat with him. Moreover, being fired from a job at a high profile company like Blizzard, and consequently receiving no reference, is a black mark that could heavily damage your career in the games industry. Afrasiabi still had the power to monumentally fuck peoples lives up within the industry.
    Why are you limiting it to just the employees when they publicly posted on Twitter about the suite in 2013 and @qwerty123456 explicitly raised the fan tangent in what you're replying to here? Because it'd be one thing if people on there didn't react to the name of the suite in 2013. But somehow there was still no retrospective reaction to it after the Cosby shit hit the fan. Or are you under impression that Twatter was any less of an outrage cesspit at the time? Because it wasn't. And yet the Twatter outrage mob, that never forgets a thing, still made no connection there to rail about even when armed with 2014 hindsight about Cosby. Or is it that Afrasiabi had a senior position in the workplace of everyone on Twitter to keep them silent as well? How did he even get the time for that between all his bouts of molesting women?


    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    If someone is blatantly and openly sexually abusing women in the workplace, including at events and has targeted both employees and fans (albeit enabled by senior staff), you think he's going to have the sense to not make a public joke like that? Like, where do you think this conceptual line is for someone like him? He's OK with public sexual abuse, but public jokes about it are no-go zones?
    And now you're limiting it to Afrasiabi alone when he wasn't the only one behind the Cosby suite. Unless I missed some new data, it's not even known if he was responsible for naming it. So unless that was the case or unless you have some inside scoops about how everyone involved in the Cosby suite was also a molester, this is just meaningless.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2021-08-01 at 11:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

  3. #883
    Warchief Magical Mudcrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    All across Nirn.
    Posts
    2,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Why are you limiting it to just the employees when they publicly posted on Twitter about the suite in 2013 and @qwerty123456 explicitly raised the fan tangent in what you're replying to here? Because it'd be one thing if people on there didn't react to the name of the suite in 2013. But somehow there was still no retrospective reaction to it after the Cosby shit hit the fan. Or are you under impression that Twatter was any less of an outrage cesspit at the time? Because it wasn't. And yet the Twatter outrage mob, that never forgets a thing, still made no connection there to rail about even when armed with 2014 hindsight about Cosby. Or is it that Afrasiabi had a senior position in the workplace of everyone on Twitter to keep them silent as well? How did he even get the time for that between all his bouts of molesting women?
    The fan tangent is not and has never been relevant. This entire argument about whether <insert arbitrary percentage here> of America or the World knew about Cosby at the time is a red herring and has no importance in the discussion. The whole thing started from whether someone in the entertainment industry would have known about Cosby prior to 2014 and has slowly changed to some stupid back-and-forth about the general public knowing which (surprise, surprise) is a much harder target for one party to prove while the other gets to pretend to claim victory after having blatantly moved goalposts.

    The point quoted was more-or-less that the lack of digital outrage about the Cosby Suite in 2013 is a meaningless point to bring up. Post-2014, with the additional context, there was no outrage about it, and in fact was not publicly discussed until the lawsuit became public; however, people within the company knew about it and it was significant enough to make it into the lawsuit. People knew about it at the company, people at the company found it problematic, hence why there was a focus on the blatant intimidation against Blizzard employees and why I came down hard on the stupid implication they made, that somehow the power differential between Afrasiabi and Weinstein matters within the context of retaliatory actions that can be taken against employees, especially given that Weinstein was being used as an analogy to show that open secrets can be known by thousands of people without it being a mainstream topic of conversation (i.e.: people within the entertainment industry, or tangential to it, could be aware of a fact and not make it publicly known).

    And now you're limiting it to Afrasiabi alone when he wasn't the only one behind the Cosby suite. Unless I missed some new data, it's not even known if he was responsible for naming it. So unless that was the case or unless you have some inside scoops about how everyone involved in the Cosby suite was also a molester, this is just meaningless.
    No, don't misrepresent it, that's who qwerty123456 limited it to multiple posts in the chain ago. They even did so after I explicitly said that some individuals in the picture, such as Greg Street, had provided a plausible reason for why he did not know about the allegations (i.e.: his conduct in private appears to be benign, and there's no reason to believe he would for some reason privately not be a serial sexual harasser and yet somehow be comfortable making such a public joke about a sexual assault room). It should also be noted that every individual who has come forward so far has claimed that they were told the name, which includes Greg Street and anonymous individuals both quoted in the lawsuit as well as in the various online publications and websites, such as Kotaku. Afrasiabi, on the other hand, may not have this same deniability given his sexual misconduct in public and private (i.e.: there is no reason to believe that someone would be OK with groping someone in public or at work yet would for some reason draw the line at making a joke in bad taste).
    Last edited by Magical Mudcrab; 2021-08-01 at 01:40 PM.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

  4. #884
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    The point quoted was more-or-less that the lack of digital outrage about the Cosby Suite in 2013 is a meaningless point to bring up. Post-2014, with the additional context, there was no outrage about it, and in fact was not publicly discussed until the lawsuit became public; however, people within the company knew about it and it was significant enough to make it into the lawsuit.
    Well, based on the "there must always be a Cosby suite" and the likely case that there was a previous Cosby suite one might wonder whether there would have been a Cosby suite at BlizzCon 2014 if the Cosby-case hadn't exploded.

    I'm just speculating, it might also be that the joke had gotten too old (the old guard thought it was their joke, but now that the new-comers like G.Street had taken over it they didn't want it anymore); or they simply lost the photo of Cosby in the drinking.

    Basically even if the Cosby-suite wasn't seen as linked to the Cosby's sexual assault issues one could still see that people thought that it wasn't a good idea to have a "Cosby suite" again; or bring a giant portrait of Cosby. If some other employees heard that 'probably not a good idea to have a Cosby suite this year' they might obviously draw their own conclusions; and be too intimated to ask why.

    But that doesn't mean that they thought about looking through old tweets and removing bad references to the Cosby suite; as they didn't see any link between the Cosby suite and what Cosby was accused of - or simply they didn't look back at all.
    Just speculation.

  5. #885
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    There is nothing good to be gained by keeping Blizzard on life support.

    Even if we're somehow to handwave the apparent harassment and abuse, there's still the garbage tier wages that force people to take multiple jobs and the crunch culture. To want to stay with Blizzard at this point is Stockholm Syndrome. Rip off the bandaid and find a better place.
    Yes, you're absolutely right. The best way to fix all the labor and economic problems in this country is to boycott a video game company. Why didn't we think of that before?

    /sigh...
    Still calling them out, one infraction at a time.

  6. #886
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Which (as per your posts earlier on in the thread) you based on the stellar logic of "People like Mark Hamill were doing voice acting for games since the 90s so game dev is totally well-connected to the movie entertainment industry as a whole", merrily ignoring that Blizzard isn't hiring voice actors of that caliber even now and back in 2013 they still did a fair share of it in-house, with Metzen voicing half a dozen of some of the highest profile WoW characters. Most of the people involved in the Cosby suite weren't even responsible for the creative side of WoW. The idea that a bunch of class and system designers for a game are well connected to Hollywood circles needs something more substantial than treating the entertainment industry as some kind of a monolith.




    Your sanctimonious "Pah! This tangent is ackshually irrelevant and I've been discussing it on pages on end only to humor you peasants." nonsense that you constantly resort to whenever you feel the need to dismiss something for reasons that are totally unknown would have more weight behind it if you actually paid attention to what's being discussed in the thread and, as such, what it is that you're even trying to dismiss.

    Because people most certainly did try to claim that they were gathering chixx for the suite. Saltysquidoon outright claimed the group chat about the suite is an instance of people not only gathering women but gathering women specifically to ply them with alcohol so they would be more susceptible for taking a sexual advantage of. Right at the start of the thread. And while their misrepresentation-based hot take was the most extreme post of such nature, it was not the only one.

    Likewise, the whole naming of the suite discussion really kicked off in the previous news thread that contained Ghostcrawler's tweets. Because it and the fact he's been at the suite had been used as "proof" to discredit GC and to "expose" him as a liar in regards to his claims about now knowing certain things. In which case if the naming of the suite was innocent it would exonerate GC against the actual accusations that were levied against him in regards to the Suite.

    This specific discussion has never been about Alex and the idea it's to prove Alex wasn't a creep is just a monumental straw-man on your part.




    Why are you limiting it to just the employees when they publicly posted on Twitter about the suite in 2013 and @qwerty123456 explicitly raised the fan tangent in what you're replying to here? Because it'd be one thing if people on there didn't react to the name of the suite in 2013. But somehow there was still no retrospective reaction to it after the Cosby shit hit the fan. Or are you under impression that Twatter was any less of an outrage cesspit at the time? Because it wasn't. And yet the Twatter outrage mob, that never forgets a thing, still made no connection there to rail about even when armed with 2014 hindsight about Cosby. Or is it that Afrasiabi had a senior position in the workplace of everyone on Twitter to keep them silent as well? How did he even get the time for that between all his bouts of molesting women?




    And now you're limiting it to Afrasiabi alone when he wasn't the only one behind the Cosby suite. Unless I missed some new data, it's not even known if he was responsible for naming it. So unless that was the case or unless you have some inside scoops about how everyone involved in the Cosby suite was also a molester, this is just meaningless.
    You can keep whining as much as you want. I haven’t really seen anyone make any claims of the group chat being some sexual harassment ring. At best, people have said it looks bad in retrospect. That’s about it. And the reason I keep saying the name is irrelevant is because…it is. The people in that picture aren’t in some sexual harassment ring. So as said as infitum, it should neither make the situation any worse or better. It is…irrelevant. The only people waffling on about it are people like you, who get their jigs off trying to come off as intelligent online. You might be intelligent, but you’re not showing it off right now. It’s ironic that you’re calling me sanctimonious, when you’ve written an essay about nothing valuable.

  7. #887
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    However, thinking more naming it after Cosby makes little sense: if you are a male game developer trying to indicate that this is where you "score" chicks - why call it Cosby suite and not reference Larry Loffler *wink* *wink* (they might even steal a bit of old marketing material I guess)?
    Well, I doubt many going to Blizzcon even in 2013 were old enough to remember Leisure Suit Larry. (Although funny enough Sierra made the originals who were also bought by Vivendi around the same time Blizzard was, and got merged into the Activision-Blizzard holding company when Vivendi bought Activision)

  8. #888
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Yeah, it's a really weird one. I'd like to believe Metzen didn't know. I fucking hope he didn't, in fact.
    His wife came out and stated she got PTSD from working with Blizzard, so certainly he did know. But then again, in interviews from 2016 he also described immense burn out and suffering under constant panic attacks from his work there. We know that while women and PoCs were targeted worst there, some men also suffered under the frat boy culture. And everyone who ever observed or was involved in such a culture without being a total asshole knows, how these vultures will als strike at everyone who is not bro enough.

    I'm honest, as a feminist, I totally believe the accusations and I question everyone leading roles who claims to not have known things. What I'm open to believe though is, that those who didn't participate in it, the "good guys" didn't say and do anything out of fear of retaliation and becoming a target themselves. Its not heroic, its not nice, it does not make these people martyrs or people to look up at. And I feel like everyone would come better out of the situation if they would just admit that they knew, didn't act out of fear and move on to support the investigations as good as they can.

    And everyone here, can you all stop with engaging in the whole Cosby-Suite debate? You make fools of yourself, it is obviously a strawman which the Incels on this website use to distract you from talking about the broader issues of Blizzards corporate culture, because surprise surprise, its not that they don't believe it, its that they feel victimized by the idea that men shouldn't be allowed to do that anymore because its an appealing power fantasy to them. It doesn't matter if the cosby-suite ended up as an ironically fitting name in retrospect or if it started right off the bat as an edgy injoke from a former Incel, it doesn't changes anything relevant.

  9. #889
    Over 9000! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    9,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Yes, you're absolutely right. The best way to fix all the labor and economic problems in this country is to boycott a video game company. Why didn't we think of that before?

    /sigh...
    Considering that @Yarathir never claimed that a boycott would ever "fix all the labour and economic problems", your post is nothing but a sad strawman.
    If the Janitor managed to pwn Azeroth:

    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    "Die, wold soul of *incomprehensible mumbling* with your death my plan to *incomoprehensible mumbling* finally fullfilled and *incomprehensible mumbling*!"

  10. #890
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    His wife came out and stated she got PTSD from working with Blizzard, so certainly he did know. But then again, in interviews from 2016 he also described immense burn out and suffering under constant panic attacks from his work there. We know that while women and PoCs were targeted worst there, some men also suffered under the frat boy culture. And everyone who ever observed or was involved in such a culture without being a total asshole knows, how these vultures will als strike at everyone who is not bro enough.

    I'm honest, as a feminist, I totally believe the accusations and I question everyone leading roles who claims to not have known things. What I'm open to believe though is, that those who didn't participate in it, the "good guys" didn't say and do anything out of fear of retaliation and becoming a target themselves. Its not heroic, its not nice, it does not make these people martyrs or people to look up at. And I feel like everyone would come better out of the situation if they would just admit that they knew, didn't act out of fear and move on to support the investigations as good as they can.

    And everyone here, can you all stop with engaging in the whole Cosby-Suite debate? You make fools of yourself, it is obviously a strawman which the Incels on this website use to distract you from talking about the broader issues of Blizzards corporate culture, because surprise surprise, its not that they don't believe it, its that they feel victimized by the idea that men shouldn't be allowed to do that anymore because its an appealing power fantasy to them. It doesn't matter if the cosby-suite ended up as an ironically fitting name in retrospect or if it started right off the bat as an edgy injoke from a former Incel, it doesn't changes anything relevant.
    Pretty much this. It's why I keep saying the Cosby suite thing is pointless. It's just a distraction.

  11. #891
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Pretty much this. It's why I keep saying the Cosby suite thing is pointless. It's just a distraction.
    Then ignore this Incels. Don't argue with them about this. Lets be real, the Cosby suite is only important in that, no matter what the original intend was, it's just so fucking fitting that you couldn't make up that stuff. The only people argueing against this are incels, antifeminists and nazis this website refuses to purge, most likely all three in one. Don't let them distract you, just ignore them. And if they annoy you too much, just mock them for being losers. Because lets be real here, if they weren't losers they wouldn't spread their bullshit here for free. They would make a grift out of it on youtube, like all the anti-sjws you can look at without throwing up do.

  12. #892
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Well, I doubt many going to Blizzcon even in 2013 were old enough to remember Leisure Suit Larry.
    Perhaps not, but the general attendees didn't matter that much - it seems the suite was primarily for "senior" devs (and their guests) and they seem to have been that old.

  13. #893
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    GC's response seemed reasonable. It's sad people are trying to pigeonhole him into a position of guilt.

    It's sickening to use phrases like "he should have known" and "he should have done" and use that as evidence of a crime

    Even if he did know, I doubt that anyone posting on this website would be some paragon of virtue and out every single workplace issue they see, especially if they are in a seemingly coveted job position. (spoiler alert, they wouldn't).
    The woke crowd demands a sacrifice. You can't reason with emotional impulses. You try to talk to anyone or challenge anyone that's emotionally invested in all of this, all you'll get is knee jerk reactions.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    His wife came out and stated she got PTSD from working with Blizzard, so certainly he did know. But then again, in interviews from 2016 he also described immense burn out and suffering under constant panic attacks from his work there. We know that while women and PoCs were targeted worst there, some men also suffered under the frat boy culture. And everyone who ever observed or was involved in such a culture without being a total asshole knows, how these vultures will als strike at everyone who is not bro enough.

    I'm honest, as a feminist, I totally believe the accusations and I question everyone leading roles who claims to not have known things. What I'm open to believe though is, that those who didn't participate in it, the "good guys" didn't say and do anything out of fear of retaliation and becoming a target themselves. Its not heroic, its not nice, it does not make these people martyrs or people to look up at. And I feel like everyone would come better out of the situation if they would just admit that they knew, didn't act out of fear and move on to support the investigations as good as they can.

    And everyone here, can you all stop with engaging in the whole Cosby-Suite debate? You make fools of yourself, it is obviously a strawman which the Incels on this website use to distract you from talking about the broader issues of Blizzards corporate culture, because surprise surprise, its not that they don't believe it, its that they feel victimized by the idea that men shouldn't be allowed to do that anymore because its an appealing power fantasy to them. It doesn't matter if the cosby-suite ended up as an ironically fitting name in retrospect or if it started right off the bat as an edgy injoke from a former Incel, it doesn't changes anything relevant.
    Holy using your brain.

  14. #894
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Discrepancies in pay increases, including negotiated starting salaries, are typically factored in when applicable and are used in determining the adjusted wage gap. If you have an actual study that demonstrates that what you are claiming is the case, feel free to post it; however, I've never seen a well-reviewed study that claims such.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Allegations against Cosby were public since before 2014, with public accusations being known as early as 2005 (which I believe is the Constand case, though you could likely find sources from before that point); however, it didn't help that some media outlets like ABCNews opted to lead their audiences by trying to make it appear as though investigators were trying to prove the sexual assault was actually consensual. It should be noted that the back-and-forth between Constand and Cosby was public and went on for over a year. In 2006, there were also publications like People magazine who published additional accounts of sexual assault from victims of Cosby, though at the time it was mostly Jane Does who did not want to come forward publicly. It's hard to believe that more people behind the scenes were simply completely and totally unaware of his behavior given the sheer number of allegations that would eventually come out against him from such a broad range of time, dozens of victims over the course of multiple decades, as well as the fact that these allegations even spilled over into the public. Further to that point, Hannibal Buress' joke wasn't even really a joke, he literally just told people to "Google 'Bill Cosby Rape'", so it's not like the information was even that well hidden from the public. The sad fact of the matter is that it's likely not that people were unaware behind the scenes, but more likely they either were more concerned about their own well being or simply didn't give a shit, such as in the case with people who knew a Weinstein.

    Regarding how this relates to the Cosby Suite, it's possible that some people didn't know. Greg Street gave a plausible answer, as it's true that someone likely wouldn't publicly brag about something called the Cosby Suite if they knew about the allegations; however, it's a little uncanny how the Cosby Suite is tied to Afrasiabi, who was known to sexually abuse women at Blizzard. Even if some people did not know, the connection is a little too suspect to be give everyone a pass.
    It's literally against the law to discriminate salary wise based on gender. If it's proven that company will get taken to the cleaners. If you could just straight up pay less based on gender every company would only hire women.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    What’s also frustrating is that it’s highly unclear what the goal of the people going with the ‘no one knew Cosby was a creep’ statement is. Are you saying the naming of the Suite was innocent? Okay. Does that change the way Alex behaved all those years? No. Does it exonerate other people who went to the Cosby Suite? It does nothing. Nothing worse or better really.

    Because even if the suite didn’t have such a contentious name, the chances are enough people knew he was a creep. And did nothing of note to stop it. That said, no one is implying Kosak actually ‘gathered chixx’ for the Suite. In fact Kosak has supported women in their claims against Alex. So yeah.

    This is just one of those stupid round robin arguments. If anyone wants to die on the hill of ‘Eureka! Alex wasn’t a creep and the Cosby Suite naming paradox proves it!’ Then say so. Otherwise, this is just dumb.
    Because focusing on the suite is idiotic and the name came from before the big lawsuits got any ground. There is much worse stuff to focus on like breast feeding rooms not having locks and employees barging into them and staring without repercussions to their employment status or just how freaking long Afrasiabi was doing stuff that should have gotten him fired after the first instance.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There is absolutely zero evidence that can prove that the majority of people didn't know in 2013. Stop acting like your speculation is gospel.
    There actually is though. Google search indexing can show a direct spike in searching it after Hannibal Burress pissed off Cosby's home town with a joke that had been part of his set for half a year and told them to google it. That's when stuff started blowing up and when people started coming forward. It also happened significantly after the blizzcon in question.

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...by-allegations

  15. #895
    Warchief Magical Mudcrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    All across Nirn.
    Posts
    2,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    It's literally against the law to discriminate salary wise based on gender. If it's proven that company will get taken to the cleaners. If you could just straight up pay less based on gender every company would only hire women.
    Sure, and illegal practices never happen at companies, which is why there was no discrimination against women at Blizzard, right? It's why there's no racial discrimination in hiring practices too, I bet? Something being illegal doesn't mean it simply never happens again. I would recommend actually reading any of the sources that have been referenced previously within the thread, to get a better understanding of what the gender wage gap is. For your statement specifically, I would also recommend researching how gender bias manifests itself, this article from the Harvard Business School would be a good starting point.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

  16. #896
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Considering that @Yarathir never claimed that a boycott would ever "fix all the labour and economic problems", your post is nothing but a sad strawman.
    It wasn't even remotely the angle I was trying to come from either, so I'm not sure what he was trying to get at. I was simply waiting for an argument for why people should keep working at Blizzard, other than they don't have any immediate security if they try to leave on the spot.

    It's not the wages and it's most definitely not the work culture. If you're an employee there, I wholeheartedly believe you'd just be better off in every sense of the word trying to find a new spot. And yes, no gaming company or studio is perfect, but you can at least assume that there's places that are at the very least marginally better than "that place where you have to work a second or third job to survive and where you might end up getting groped during excessive, mentally straining crunch, or worse."

  17. #897
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    It's literally against the law to discriminate salary wise based on gender. If it's proven that company will get taken to the cleaners. If you could just straight up pay less based on gender every company would only hire women.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Because focusing on the suite is idiotic and the name came from before the big lawsuits got any ground. There is much worse stuff to focus on like breast feeding rooms not having locks and employees barging into them and staring without repercussions to their employment status or just how freaking long Afrasiabi was doing stuff that should have gotten him fired after the first instance.

    - - - Updated - - -



    There actually is though. Google search indexing can show a direct spike in searching it after Hannibal Burress pissed off Cosby's home town with a joke that had been part of his set for half a year and told them to google it. That's when stuff started blowing up and when people started coming forward. It also happened significantly after the blizzcon in question.

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...by-allegations
    Bingo. But it's evident there are certain bad faith actors who are making the Cosby Suite naming thing into the hill to die on. Because #NotAllMen.

  18. #898
    Quote Originally Posted by BronzeCondor View Post
    The woke crowd demands a sacrifice. You can't reason with emotional impulses. You try to talk to anyone or challenge anyone that's emotionally invested in all of this, all you'll get is knee jerk reactions.
    That all happens in your head. Stop the persecution complex. What people do right now is calling out people like Greg Street that they just don't believe him and they don't care about empty platitudes. The most common sentiment and expectation I see from people is not a call to cancel people like Street or even Metzen but the hope that they will let actions speak and cooperate with the court.

  19. #899
    Quote Originally Posted by BronzeCondor View Post
    The woke crowd demands a sacrifice. You can't reason with emotional impulses. You try to talk to anyone or challenge anyone that's emotionally invested in all of this, all you'll get is knee jerk reactions.
    The 'woke crowd'. Too funny. I bet you sit around and cry about Critical Race Theory and ANTIFA too.

  20. #900
    Quote Originally Posted by BronzeCondor View Post
    The woke crowd demands a sacrifice. You can't reason with emotional impulses. You try to talk to anyone or challenge anyone that's emotionally invested in all of this, all you'll get is knee jerk reactions.
    You spelled justice wrong. Also lol @ ''woke'' people still say that? Are you unvaccinated (see:untainted) by chance?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •