Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chorx View Post
    Instead of the story being about the specific people who are harassed, the conversation has shifted to a private chat where no harassment happened. This Cosby room nonsense is taking the spotlight off of the specific claims that are actually actionable. Sorry a bunch of guys in a private chat bantered about banging chicks. To add to that you guys are pretending that Cosby wasn't a meme in 2011 (for very unrelated reasons). This isn't news in the slightest. Lets get back to the specific cases of harassment and find retribution for the people who have been wronged please.
    if you don't see how this reflects on the culture that gave them the name Cosby suites, you're clueless

Quote Originally Posted by Explosivo View Post
    if you don't see how this reflects on the culture that gave them the name Cosby suites, you're clueless
    https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...q=cosby%20rape cosby wasnt really a common well known thing when this took place. it did not blow up until 2014 for nearly everyone. sure some people knew, but most didnt. thats why it didnt blow up in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    more evidence the cosby stuff was not wide spread in 2013
    https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...q=cosby%20rape
    because people didn't google "cosby rape" means it was a secret? what?

I challenge you to google "Cosby Suite" and set your search result timepicker to "1/1/2001 to 1/1/2012" and pass along some examples that stand the test of time. Don't worry, I wont hold my breath on this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    "Group chat"

So what? Congrats on finding some guy's private, casual group chat. Boohoo. Company policy isn't made in there.
    BUT it can.

PROVE it doesn't.

SEE???
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

because people didn't google "cosby rape" means it was a secret? what?
    it just shows the public didnt really start talking and knowing about it widely until 2014. its revisionist to pretend otherwise. Could people have looked into bill cosby and found out? sure. But its disingenuous to say most did. cosby was not widely know to be a rapist until 2014. In 2013 he was still doing shows, making appearances, giving talks etc.

it just shows the public didnt really start talking and knowing about it widely until 2014. its revisionist to pretend otherwise. Could people have looked into bill cosby and found out? sure. But its disingenuous to say most did. cosby was not widely know to be a rapist until 2014. In 2013 he was still doing shows, making appearances, giving talks etc.
    thinking google trends is accurate shows you are out of your mind

It takes a truly vile kind of human to retroactively apply the standards of today to somebody a decades past and hold them accountable for something with assumption that 'they knew bro'.

I challenge you to google "Cosby Suite" and set your search result timepicker to "1/1/2001 to 1/1/2012" and pass along some examples that stand the test of time. Don't worry, I wont hold my breath on this one.
    i'm sorry, are you seriously trying to find ways to defend someone that was removed from the company because even they found accusations of sexual harassment credible?

10+ Year Old Account
    more evidence the cosby stuff was not wide spread in 2013
    https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...q=cosby%20rape
    You're using Google to show and tell it wasn't widespread, KNOWING all the cross-talk here about arbitration and NDAs?

Like I said to MoanaLisa, things aren't being said and hammered HOME about employment and employee rights and the damn processes, that ALLOWS BS like this to be posted as excuses.

Willful ignorance is WILLFUL.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

It takes a truly vile kind of human to retroactively apply the standards of today to somebody a decades past and hold them accountable for something with assumption that 'they knew bro'.
    are you a fucking idiot? when did i say ghost crawler is guilty too because of this? show me the quote. go on. link the point. i'll wait, you vile sociopath

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    You're using Google to show and tell it wasn't widespread, KNOWING all the cross-talk here about arbitration and NDAs?

Like I said to MoanaLisa, things aren't being said and hammered HOME about employment and employee rights and the damn processes, that ALLOWS BS like this to be posted as excuses.

Willful ignorance is WILLFUL.
    knowing cosby was a rapist 100% was not widespread and known by most people until 2014 and later. This is just reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    knowing cosby was a rapist 100% was not widespread and known by most people until 2014 and later. This is just reality.
    You're wasting your time. They're going to believe what they want to believe.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    You're wasting your time. They're going to believe what they want to believe.
    I remember shows making jokes about it nearly a decade before that. Chappelle, 30 rock, and about a dozen other shows made references to it

It was known. So was the Weinstein stuff but just not by 99% of the general population. But people in the know? Out in California who worked in the entertainment business? They knew. Hell, the Cosby jokes date back to the 90s

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    you don't care if people get sexually harassed in the work place, we get it. I feel bad for anyone who has to work with or for you.
    That wasn't sexual harrassment, those were folks talking amongst trusted friends.

No one grabbed someone, no one forced themselves on to someone else. No one did any of that. A few guys thought they could trust the room, and made jokes amongst themselves that friends often do.

You've done it, I've done it, everyone has done it in some way shape or form. If you say you haven't, youre just a liar

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    lol what a shit show.

They really think employees get to dictate company policy? Do they have any idea how many people would kill for their job at Blizzard?

Fire them, get new folks. Done.
    Do you think that top end game developers, programmers, artists, vfx gurus, production folk just what... grow on trees? That losing swaths of your in house expertise and knowledge is fixed by 'just magically replace them'? For fuck's sake, recruitment in the game industry favours the employee not the employer right now as demonad is very high.

Just replace them is a boneheded take when you have mass employee grievance.

That wasn't sexual harrassment, those were folks talking amongst trusted friends.

No one grabbed someone, no one forced themselves on to someone else. No one did any of that. A few guys thought they could trust the room, and made jokes amongst themselves that friends often do.

You've done it, I've done it, everyone has done it in some way shape or form. If you say you haven't, youre just a liar
    omg dude are you seriously pretending like that is the only thing that happened?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Translation: Blizzard shouldn't change anything. Just start hiring people who won't complain about being sexually harassed.
    Women back in the day would laugh at what these children call sexual harrassment or lewd conduct. This shit isn't even close. Their ears are too sensitive, and they think they need safe spaces to not do their job.

grow up

Women back in the day would laugh at what these children call sexual harrassment or lewd conduct. This shit isn't even close. Their ears are too sensitive, and they think they need safe spaces to not do their job.

grow up
    wow, no those women you're talking about were probably too sacred to speak out. if anything things have improved to the point where women feel confident enough to talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    WOAH! No!

1/3 is from Child SEXUAL Abuse (CSA) can become perps, IF, they don't get treatment. If they do they can be helped.

CSA causes "soul murder" and it's particularly harmful.

NEVER use abuse as an excuse to claim "well they were abused so they were so-and-so...". It's patently offensive and wrong.
    I never said that. I said that being abused doesn't mean you are going to be a good person because TheRevenantHero claimed to know the other guy was lying about his abuse due to the guy being a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There's a different between being a jerk and actively trying to invalidate this entire lawsuit.
    You think abusing others after being abused yourself is being less of a jerk thing to do than trying to invalidate an entire argument? My point was that clearly being abused doesn't mean you are a saint. To deny someone else because they are someone you don't like is absolutely despicable especially when you are trying to be the moral high road.