Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I don't know about that. My current job has an awesome work enviroment and very friendly people but all they do is pointless meetings for the sake of holding meetings. We're burning money and the solution is more meetings.
    You should probably have a meeting with your boss about that

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    I dont know where you work or if you have ever worked at all, but Its not your right to know what any of your co-workers make anywhere.

Yeah, but that's actually really stupid for the vast majority of workers. It's to the advantage of the rank and file employees to know what other employees make. It gives them leverage.

The only people who lose out are the ones who are on the beneficial side of unequal pay. Check your privilege.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It only causes drama for the employer because now people know they are getting paid less than someone else with the same experience in the same position. When it comes to your example of experience, that's different. What I'm referring to, and what is mentioned in this lawsuit, is the women who got paid less than their male coworkers despite being in the same position and had the same amount of experience. The only people who are against wage transparency are the people who want to get away with paying people less than others without proper justification.
    Exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by Teucer View Post
    If you’re actually trying to build a cohesive team you should value their input.

You don’t have a right to know what an individual makes but you do have a right to know how much your role makes.
    Value it people’s input is not what the demands said. So idk why you are typing that.
    You can always look up average wages for your role and experience, this has nothing to do with that

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Yeah, but that's actually really stupid for the vast majority of workers. It's to the advantage of the rank and file employees to know what other employees make. It gives them leverage.

The only people who lose out are the ones who are on the beneficial side of unequal pay. Check your privilege.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly this.
    For Employees, there is really nothing to lose if you know how much your colleagues are making. Companies should have a clear explanation for every position level and additional task and why person X is making more or less than person Y. But that's always is an easier way to make it hidden, so you don't have to explain. Maybe I am wrong, but as much I know in Norway there everyone must know how much colleagues are making by law.

So, I'm all for the accusers side. I'd like to believe them and it's seemingly obvious even to me from an outside perspective, even before this case, that upper management is toxic.

But holy shit, why is no one concerned that Bloomberg, Kotaku, and California are blatantly misleading people with misinformation?

Isn't it the woke thing to do to shame people for spreading misinformation? Or is this an exception because it's their team?

- Bloomberg specifically with the paragraph about the girl who took her life and saying it was due to intense harassment at work.

- California specifically implying it was named the Cosby suite because of Afrasabi's behavior.

- Kotaku specifically only showing one page, with no context, of a very likely multiple page group chat.

These people are genuinely just making it harder for people to come forward in the future and being believed and people should be pissed about it.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-07-29 at 06:41 AM.

Really? Nothing but happenstance and supposition? I guess their disgusting group chat conversation and the fact that Afrasiabi was fired for sexual misconduct is just happenstance and supposition too?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.worldatwork.org/workspan...its-businesses
    Not only does this site believe and factuate the wage gap it also presents no study to backup its hypothesis

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Not only does this site believe and factuate the wage gap it also presents no study to backup its hypothesis
    There are literally links to the sources of their information in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post

Go ahead and audit. I have nothing to hide. You may dig up some juicy defenses of the LGBTQ community from before conversation of that nature was banned on these forums. What you will not find is any racist/sexist comments/behavior - Because that's gross, and not normal.

I don't care what face you put out to the public, I'm talking about your private conversations.

What I'm referring to, and what is mentioned in this lawsuit, is the women who got paid less than their male coworkers despite being in the same position and had the same amount of experience.
    That's extremely hard to find two employees with the exact same profile, exact same experience, exact same job, exact same strengths... So to justify one is paid less because she has ovaries is usually over-exaggerated.

Simple - if women were paid less at Blizzard while doing EXACTLY the same job, I can guarantee you the Blizzard's employees would be 99% females as Blizzard (as all multi-billion companies) only aim at making money. So why would they even hire men, who apparently are paid more for the same job ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    So, I'm all for the accusers side. I'd like to believe them and it's seemingly obvious even to me from an outside perspective, even before this case, that upper management is toxic.

But holy shit, why is no one concerned that Bloomberg, Kotaku, and California are blatantly misleading people with misinformation?

Isn't it the woke thing to do to shame people for spreading misinformation? Or is this an exception because it's their team?

- Bloomberg specifically with the paragraph about the girl who took her life and saying it was due to intense harassment at work.

- California specifically implying it was named the Cosby suite because of Afrasabi's behavior.

- Kotaku specifically only showing one page, with no context, of a very likely multiple page group chat.

These people are genuinely just making it harder for people to come forward in the future and being believed and people should be pissed about it.
    No, it’s not the ‘woke’ thing to do. It takes one second of googling to understand what ‘woke’ actually means. And it’s not that. Using misinformation is not exclusive to any one political belief. The right use it ALL day but they ain’t called woke for doing it. Otherwise we’d be calling Trump ‘woke’. And literally every bad faith poster in this forum ‘woke’. And so on.

The whole Cosby suite thing is 70/30 for me. Only because I find it hard to imagine someone would happily want to be associated with that name, but at the same time, people are fucking weird and sick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    You're wasting your time. They're going to believe what they want to believe.
    It's not what we "believe" what we suspected and just needed the few pieces of the remaining evidence. Sexual harassment at their conventions were known in 2012. Glassdoor had some eye opening reviews of the work place quads that showed it was literally all about penises (yes!). People talked. Just people didn't connect the dots.

Blizzard simply said too many lies over the years, that people simply can't trust WHAT they state anymore.

There's PLENTY of reasons why...

"One ex-Blizzard source familiar with the people presented in the pictures identified an HR representative as one of the Blizzard employees present in the hotel room."

https://kotaku.com/inside-blizzard-d...ite-1847378762
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

At this point I really, really do not understand why Jay Allen Brack, Ion Hazzikostas, Jesse McCree and Cory Stockton haven't written resignation letters.

Do they really think people will want to see their faces, hear their voices come next BlizzCon or online presentation? Are they that tone deaf?
    Last edited by Voidwielder; 2021-07-29 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    No, it’s not the ‘woke’ thing to do. It takes one second of googling to understand what ‘woke’ actually means. And it’s not that. Using misinformation is not exclusive to any one political belief. The right use it ALL day but they ain’t called woke for doing it. Otherwise we’d be calling Trump ‘woke’. And literally every bad faith poster in this forum ‘woke’. And so on.

The whole Cosby suite thing is 70/30 for me. Only because I find it hard to imagine someone would happily want to be associated with that name, but at the same time, people are fucking weird and sick.
    Cosby was a lovable TV dad before 2014 to most people. This was 2013. It’s not hard to imagine at all.

Holy fuck that picture is creepy as shit, it is like they had their very own shrine where they worship their sexual harassment God...

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Really? That's what you're going with? If I'm 15 then I apparently joined MMO Champion when I was 5.

This isn't a matter of "every desk" ... this is a matter of people in management acting like garbage alongside other people in management. UPPER management. C-level? No. Director and team leads? Yes. In terms of standing in the company a lot of the noteworthy offenders here are either adjacent, or they're direct reports. This is shit-heel behavior at the top of the stack, we don't even have to consider the bottom of the pyramid here.
    but why then you are crying like 15 years old? if you have 1000 people in office do you expect metzen or morheim to talk to every person? KEKW

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomer View Post
    Holy fuck that picture is creepy as shit, it is like they had their very own shrine where they worship their sexual harassment God...
    Except it was a year before the world knew about Cosby.

Cosby was a lovable TV dad before 2014 to most people. This was 2013. It’s not hard to imagine at all.
    No. He started having court cases from 2006 onwards. It only blew up in 2014 when things go heated. So no. But what’s key here is YOU have made up your mind that this is all ‘woke’ stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomer View Post
    As BellularGaming said, the Gaming industry more and more looks like "Sex, Drugs, RocknRoll" Even looking at old Blizzard photos from their first game making. Those were geeks, possibly socially aquitard persons. They got famous, a lot of money, and their mental problems just grew. And looks like none controlled them and this was just fostering till last week's explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    No. He started having court cases from 2006 onwards. It only blew up in 2014 when things go heated. So no. But what’s key here is YOU have made up your mind that this is all ‘woke’ stuff.
    Sooooooooo like I said, the world knew in 2014. We agree. Good talk.

Sooooooooo like I said, the world knew in 2014. We agree. Good talk.
    You do realise that it’s not hard when you’re in and around the entertainment industry to know things way before the ‘public’ does, right? Or maybe you do. Oh well. No time to argue with people who label everything ‘woke’ as a dismissal for their inability to negotiate basics in their head.