Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooshie View Post
    People seem to be completely oblivious to the fact that there was a 2 year investigation conducted by the fucking STATE OF CALIFORNIA. They don't just open an investigation on light grounds, specially how pro-corporate the state it is. This investigation is basically about only what magnitude of shitstorm they will rain down on these pieces of shits.

They are hopelessly and undeniably fucked, no matter how hard all the mommies little incels are trying to spin this.

But sure, go on and whine about how it was only about Cosbys sweater. Fucking cretins.
    This is another situation where people who want to discredit the case will find that one bit of information they think they can object to and then run with it. It's a variant of BUT HER EMAILS and BUT MADELEINE ROUX SAID THIS MEAN THING AND WASN'T FIRED SO HENCE BLIZZARD IS WOKE.

This is amazing content. Much better than Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    And as to why I care, I really don't want to be a customer of a company that has sexual harassment issues within it. There's a lot I'm having to slide because of the fucked up world we live in, but there's certain no-go areas. This is one of them.
    Won't any company as big as Blizzard will sooner or later have sexual harassment cases within it, though?

The key will be how the company deals with those cases, but to give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt, ultimately it's not like all cases are clear-cut and easy to solve. The lawsuit paints a very worrying picture, but if you consider that it's talking about more than 10k employees on a period of over a decade, the issues might not be quite as "rampant" as they are made to seem.

Don't get me wrong, I personally do believe that Blizzard is in the wrong probably in the vast majority, if not all, of what is alleged in the lawsuit. It's just that what I believe doesn't matter much considering I am so distant to the situation and have very little knowledge of it.

I was a junior to these guys

Grow a backbone

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    When people talk about the gender pay gap, they usually ignore a number of different factors.
    Such as, on average men working more overtime/weekends. etc.

Not that this matters, you'll just stick your fingers in your ears.
    If you make shit up and/or use one tiny bit of irrelevant information, I'll just not pay attention.

My wife works fucking mental hours at her work. She's got an MBA. She's way more qualified in her field than I am in mine.

I work 8-9 hours on average a day. She works 11-12 hours on average a day, and it's an intellectually driven job she does.

Her company definitely doesn't factor in those hours into how they determine her pay scale. So yep, you're chatting shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you read what I said? I'm saying these pictures don't really change the fact that the situation is fucked.
    Reread the first 2 sentences: "I don’t care much about these pics that came out. It’s garden variety frat boy drinking shit."

Careless about those types of excuses. The second sentence IS an excuse.

I posted what I stated.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

‘Kekwwwww mrrrnnngg’. Yeah it is. By the 2000s, people were cross pollinating socially and professionally. And regardless, the naming of the suite isn’t even the issue. So if you’re living in some dream world where you think the Cherry is the Cake, it’s not. Grow up. There’s more to the case.
    I guess it's you who are living in a dream world if you think game developers were actively cross pollinating with hollywood actors regulalry except those who hired them

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    That's ridiculous. Just due to voice-acting alone it has always been a part of the entertainment industry. Never mind art, animation and music which also share DNA and personnel with movies and television. The industry in Hollywood is much smaller than people realize. Word gets around. I don't know where you even start to get this. Adult actress Ginger Lynn (now Ginger Lynn Allen) was a major character in the Wing Commander series of games. This was in the 1990s. So was Mark Hamill in Wing Commander III and IV (also 1990s). It's never stopped since then.
    ok got it. hollywood actors and actresses was coming into b. office on a daily basis spreading rumors about cosby

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

You can clearly tell where this tweet stops being sincere. Right after "not intended for a broad audience". The second half of that tweet is bs intented for the sheltered people in his replies.

Guys talk about tits and ass, women talk about dicks. This happens all the time. In PRIVATE. It's completely normal human behaviour.
    In my friend circle atleast no, no we don't. I like them sure, but talking about them "with the boys" is corny and objectifying and I find there's more interesting topics to discuss.

If you make shit up and/or use one tiny bit of irrelevant information, I'll just not pay attention.

My wife works fucking mental hours at her work. She's got an MBA. She's way more qualified in her field than I am in mine.

I work 8-9 hours on average a day. She works 11-12 hours on average a day, and it's an intellectually driven job she does.

Her company definitely doesn't factor in those hours into how they determine her pay scale. So yep, you're chatting shit.
    Anecdotal "evidence" of two people. I'll stick to statistics over that tyvm. And you're compairing two people doing two different jobs.
    Why doesn't your wife sue them btw? She's working hours she isn't getting paid for?
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2021-07-29 at 08:35 AM.

This is another situation where people who want to discredit the case will find that one bit of information they think they can object to and then run with it. It's a variant of BUT HER EMAILS and BUT MADELEINE ROUX SAID THIS MEAN THING AND WASN'T FIRED SO HENCE BLIZZARD IS WOKE.
    Some do woke to rape. Neogaf shut down because of that and many more were found in the same boat. Just like priests diddling altar boys the woke have a lot of predators who are just there to be closer to their target.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Won't any company as big as Blizzard will sooner or later have sexual harassment cases within it, though?

The key will be how the company deals with those cases, but to give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt, ultimately it's not like all cases are clear-cut and easy to solve. The lawsuit paints a very worrying picture, but if you consider that it's talking about more than 10k employees on a period of over a decade, the issues might not be quite as "rampant" as they are made to seem.

Don't get me wrong, I personally do believe that Blizzard is in the wrong probably in the vast majority, if not all, of what is alleged in the lawsuit. It's just that what I believe doesn't matter much considering I am so distant to the situation and have very little knowledge of it.
    Well for starters, there's enough documented evidence and corroborating word of mouth to confirm that Blizzard has repeatedly ignored such instances of sexual harassment, and in some situations actually retaliated against those who've brought the cases forward. That's fucked itself.

Also, you need to clarify this sentence. I'm not sure what you mean.

if you consider that it's talking about more than 10k employees on a period of over a decade, the issues might not be quite as "rampant" as they are made to seem.
    Are you talking about the size of Blizzard's workforce?

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    I guess it's you who are living in a dream world if you think game developers were actively cross pollinating with hollywood actors regulalry except those who hired them

ok got it. hollywood actors and actresses was coming into b. office on a daily basis spreading rumors about cosby
    To use your own words, 'kek'. Because you don't know how to fucking read. I already covered off your straw man response.

Again, you do realise that WORD gets around fast as fuck. But yeah explaining this is clearly hard.

No one is implying the devs or higher ups at Blizzard were at pool parties with Tom Cruise. But if you think even ‘office’ workers in VFX or Sound etc don’t hear about Hollywood scandals before the public does, you’re living on cloud 9.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    Yeah mate, no. That's not a normal thing, and you should probably review your friend groups.
    Actually it IS pretty normal.
    Heck, half of what we joke about with my GF would probably be considered scandalous/abusive if taken out of context. If you have no casual discussion that could be seen as damning under some sort of light, then you are probably just a robot. Or a drone.

It's not because we joke about dead babies kept in freezer that we actually kill children, you know.

Not to say that calling a room the "Cosby Room" and "gathering hot chixx" is not something that SHOULD raise eyebrows in the workplace. But the multiple people coming forward to speak of toxic behaviour are what makes the case serious, not the frat-boy chat.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it is normal. Most people are douches. We "nice people" are a minority.
    People flagging themselves as "nice" are the brightest of all red flags.
    Last edited by Akka; 2021-07-29 at 08:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Guys talk about tits and ass, women talk about dicks.
    Do you think born-women talk about dicks? Like that's EVERYTHING in the world to them TO talk about when together?

HINT: We don't. Frankly, we'd careless.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Well for starters, there's enough documented evidence and corroborating word of mouth to confirm that Blizzard has repeatedly ignored such instances of sexual harassment, and in some situations actually retaliated against those who've brought the cases forward. That's fucked itself.

Are you talking about the size of Blizzard's workforce?
    Does it confirm that they ignored it? Is it not possible that they ruled it out due to lack of evidence? The retaliation if proven true is definitely fucked.

Keep in mind that at the moment the majority of what is in the lawsuit are allegations - likely with evidence ready to be presented in court, but we don't really know what evidence and to which allegations.

Activision Blizzard's workforce, it's not just Blizzard being sued.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooshie View Post
    In my friend circle atleast no, no we don't. I like them sure, but talking about them "with the boys" is corny and objectifying and I find there's more interesting topics to discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Do you think born-women talk about dicks? Like that's EVERYTHING in the world to them TO talk about when together?

HINT: We don't. Frankly, we'd careless.
    Good for you guys, you don't. A lot of other people do.

Errm..sorry but you compared 2 totally different field of work, company and basically everything? Wow...Guess what..I earn more money with 40 hours physical work than a junior school teacher with 50 hours....what now?

Anecdotal "evidence" of two people. I'll stick to statistics over that tyvm. And you're compairing two people doing two different jobs.
    Why doesn't your wife sue them btw? She's working hours she isn't getting paid for?
    1. You've only ever presented anecdotal evidence. Especially when you were on your 'creep' soliloquy.

'Men can say creepy shit as long as women are okay with it'.

2. You made a point that men work more hours on weekends. I gave you an insight into how this generalisation is not true. Here's a study.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53558250

3. The notion of overtime is actually irrelevant. Because if I to work overtime, I wouldn't get paid more either. But I can put my foot down and refuse to work extra hours, whereas it's harder for women to assert that kind of authority in many situations.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2021-07-29 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Actually it IS pretty normal.
    Heck, half of what we joke about with my GF would probably be considered scandalous/abusive if taken out of context. If you have no casual discussion that could be seen as damning under some sort of light, then you are probably just a robot.

It's not because we joke about dead babies kept in freezer that we actually kill children, you know.

Not to say that calling a room the "Cosby Room" and "gathering hot chixx" is not something that SHOULD raise eyebrows in the workplace. But the multiple people coming forward to speak of toxic behaviour are what makes the case serious, not the frat-boy chat.

- - - Updated - - -

People flagging themselves as "nice" are the brightest of all red flags.
    Yeah well my chat with my gf is filled with dirty pics and comments like I'd like to eat your ass with a whipped cream but that's two consensual adults doing their thing. Group chats are completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Does it confirm that they ignored it? Is it not possible that they ruled it out due to lack of evidence? The retaliation if proven true is definitely fucked.

Keep in mind that at the moment the majority of what is in the lawsuit are allegations - likely with evidence ready to be presented in court, but we don't really know what evidence and to which allegations.

Activision Blizzard's workforce, it's not just Blizzard being sued.
    There is enough corroborated evidence doing the rounds in news articles etc that confirm Morhaime ignored a lot of the concerns.

Even people like Josh Allen at Blizzard have confirmed this. He laid into Morhaime pretty hard for his part in ignoring all of this.

The retaliation bit was also confirmed, where certain employees were given bad performance assessments because they were perceived as 'difficult'.

'Difficult' because they brought up instances of sexual harassment and/or discrimination, which they had support from colleagues on even.

Also, the lawsuit is a combination of allegations and firm evidence. The firm evidence is in regards to multiple cases of sexual harassment.

To use your own words, 'kek'. Because you don't know how to fucking read. I already covered off your straw man response.
    do you expect me to read 3 pages if maybe you answered?))))

maybe they heard) maybe the don't)

you just trying to tell me that mythical sound workers who should be in b. office somehow was wondering around hollywood because reason just to spread rumors

and then you are implying they went to devs and spread rumors and then horny dev said "ok, it's funny I'll name our boy club after sexual predator"

or maybe everything was simple someone liked cosby and the name started)))

if you hear hooves think horses not zebras you know