Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    The solution to nepotism is more nepotism. I'm sure there won't be any "hire/promote our buddies" going on with this.
    The thing is, when you are promoting someone doing "grunt" work to a position where they will be supervising people and spending a lot more time communicating with you as your direct report, you kind of want that person to be on friendly terms with you. No one wants to argue over every little detail or god forbid a person who is strongly affected by their menstrual cycle (PMS and such). Someone who you can tell how far along their menstrual cycle they are just isn't good fit to a manager position in a high stress high performance environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    I'm pretty sure 90% of us here are at least in one friend whatsapp group / discord community where casual discussion like that happens on a daily basis ....

This is gaming comunity and i'm pretty sure E V E R Y gaming company has this chat group somewhere.

I think Kotaku should now go and ask Afrasiabi elementary school teacher if he already hit a black kid or pulled some girls hair so twitter can go :SHOCKER:
    Lol this. Gonna be a lot less on a site like mmoc, but most normal guys have a groupchat that gets like this. If they don't, they probably are low test. Like not even memeing they probably legit have low test, don't get women, and don't have actual single guy friends that go out and meet women.

Another big issue here for management is the almost 7 dollar drop in stock price. These charges are going really have investors attention now, less likely they will be able to sweep it under the rug.

Since the charges came out a couple days ago, the stock has dropped from roughly 92 a share down to under 83 a share.

I think as more information comes out the stock is going to continue to take hits. Management is now going to have to explain to investors why the sudden drop in stock price.

I hope that blizzard realizes how bad they have screwed up on this. I hope they start cleaning house of every one involved in any way shape or form.

the next couple of weeks are critical. I honestly think you will see management turning on each other now because everyone is going to go in self protection mode.
    Last edited by jarbulldog; 2021-07-29 at 02:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    Well, we, humans, did burned "witches" on stakes because someone stated that those womens were "witches", so if you think about how all world society started to turn into "Idiocracy", I won't be surprised if we end up convicting people based on no evidence, just on "he/she says he/she says".

Remember ?

There's no difference between massmedia or social media, any of them can LIE.
    Well said. This shit is going completely out of hand. There is no longer any sense of accountability and responsibility from anyone. They are ruining lives, families and homes just for self satisfaction. I think it is high time "social media" comes under govt. observation in an offical capacity.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    They are ruining lives, families and homes just for self satisfaction.
    Yeah, I'd want some sort of evidence on that.

I think it is high time "social media" comes under govt. observation in an offical capacity.
    The problem is, as soon as you do that, you start the slippery slide towards government control, and you get something like China, where you can't say anything against those in power.

Hell, Australia's already having issues with that currently. We have a media monopoly, with 'social media' being one of the ways to get independent news out there - except when you've got stuff like the Deputy PM suing a youtuber who reported on his corrupt dealings for calling him "a con-man."

Social Media had a wealth of negatives, but one of the positives is that people can share their stories and get it out, where otherwise a lot of horrendous things wouldn't get noticed. I mean, shit, you think if the government had control, they'd allow live streaming or posting of stuff like George Floyd? You think Trump wouldn't have abused his ability to take down anything said on Twitter against him?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    Only if you're on drugs and can't tell the difference between words and actions.
    There’s a difference between the Internet and a real life professional environment. It’s cute that you think words can’t be held against you in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Yeah, I'd want some sort of evidence on that.

The problem is, as soon as you do that, you start the slippery slide towards government control, and you get something like China, where you can't say anything against those in power.

Hell, Australia's already having issues with that currently. We have a media monopoly, with 'social media' being one of the ways to get independent news out there - except when you've got stuff like the Deputy PM suing a youtuber who reported on his corrupt dealings for calling him "a con-man."

Social Media had a wealth of negatives, but one of the positives is that people can share their stories and get it out, where otherwise a lot of horrendous things wouldn't get noticed. I mean, shit, you think if the government had control, they'd allow live streaming or posting of stuff like George Floyd? You think Trump wouldn't have abused his ability to take down anything said on Twitter against him?
    Ironically, the Democrats let Twitter and Facebook take down anything said against them for them. Great way around the 1st Amendment.,

Quote Originally Posted by jarbulldog View Post
    Another big issue here for management is the almost 7 dollar drop in stock price. These charges are going really have investors attention now, less likely they will be able to sweep it under the rug.

Since the charges came out a couple days ago, the stock has dropped from roughly 92 a share down to under 83 a share.

I think as more information comes out the stock is going to continue to take hits. Management is now going to have to explain to investors why the sudden drop in stock price.

I hope that blizzard realizes how bad they have screwed up on this. I hope they start cleaning house of every one involved in any way shape or form.

the next couple of weeks are critical. I honestly think you will see management turning on each other now because everyone is going to go in self protection mode.
    This has already been happening to be fair.

There was some stuff of a former Blizzard manager shared where he was chastizing the higher ups because he knew what was going on from his own experience. A few female employees/former employees called him one of the good ones and that he was one of the few they had had good experiences with.

Only for another group of female employees/former employees to proclaim that he had also been abusive. I don't know where the truth lies, but there is and there will be a lot of cannibalism in order to save their own skin.

glad this website doesnt auto lock every thread about this like the snowflake safespace loser fucks at wowhead. my god imagine stiffling the conversation around this topic like such babies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jarbulldog View Post
    please shut the fuck up about stocks in which you know nothing about this entire week has been a ride for the market and theyre down a whole 5 dollars from their week high. this will have little to no impact on their stock price. fuck off and go back to wallstreetbets where you dump your money into w/e they tell you. christ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyou
    [Shadowmourne, I went to Icecrown and was hoping for Frostmourne but all I got was this lame axe]

This entire thing is getting out of control. No one is even waiting for CA's investigation. Also I watched that ghostcrawler video from blizzcon. That has nothing to do with the actual abuse CA is implying, and I'm sorry but it's not bad at all. Another #metoo , looked at a microscope from over 10 years ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Ironically, the Democrats let Twitter and Facebook take down anything said against them for them. Great way around the 1st Amendment.,
    Wow, you don’t know what the first amendment is. Not Shocked and not surprised you are talking from a position of complete ignorance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lasheric View Post
    This entire thing is getting out of control. No one is even waiting for CA's investigation. Also I watched that ghostcrawler video from blizzcon. That has nothing to do with the actual abuse CA is implying, and I'm sorry but it's not bad at all. Another #metoo , looked at a microscope from over 10 years ago.
    They did the investigation, that’s why there’s the lawsuit. God it’s like people don’t even read.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Wow, you don’t know what the first amendment is. Not Shocked and not surprised you are talking from a position of complete ignorance.
    imagine thinking modern tech skirting legislation from a century ago is legit and not a natural oversight that should be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Re: workers rights and all that. Unions are excellent things. Collective bargaining works.
    LOL no they are not. They are as greedy and corrupt as anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by BlimeyLimey View Post
    glad this website doesnt auto lock every thread about this like the snowflake safespace loser fucks at wowhead. my god imagine stiffling the conversation around this topic like such babies.

- - - Updated - - -

please shut the fuck up about stocks in which you know nothing about this entire week has been a ride for the market and theyre down a whole 5 dollars from their week high. this will have little to no impact on their stock price. fuck off and go back to wallstreetbets where you dump your money into w/e they tell you. christ.
    Actually this has been a really good week for stocks, or a least for my portfolio (the prior week 7.19 -7.23 was a week he market took huge hit mainly because of the wall street fear of the delta variant. Also the dow is over 35k.

If you are that obtuse to think that this law suit is not reason that the stock is dropping then you have bigger issues.

The stock is down closer to 6 dollars a share and with total outstanding shares of 777.02M x 6 = 4.620 B decrease in company value. So yes the investors are going notice a company loss in value of over 4 B in a week very seriously.

I don't invest my money where wallstreet tells me. I do my homework, i look at companies f/s and ratios before i buy. I will admit that I do take advantage of situations like this and watch a stock price drop. Then when it bottoms out I buy.

I cant help you are jealous of people making money on wallstreet. I suggest you do your home work and get in the market. The more money you can put in the better of you will be.

My portfolio for the year is up 13%.
    Last edited by jarbulldog; 2021-07-29 at 03:56 PM.

This is why I love these threads. You can always identify the MAGA crowd from a mile off. Try as they might, they always out themselves.

They'll scream cancel culture at everything they like being rightfully removed. And they'll say nothing about everything they hate being removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    The law is the only thing to judge?

Got news for you buddy - not everything illegal is bad, and not everything bad is illegal.
    Ok then i guess we're back to the crowd deciding where justice should be served. Man there is this girl in my neighborhood that got pregnant and she said it was that black dude that rapped her. I guess we're gonna storm his house and that rope on that tree in his garden will be serving god's justice !

Honestly, this is the most Entertainment I've gotten from Blizzard in years.

Ok then i guess we're back to the crowd deciding where justice should be served. Man there is this girl in my neighborhood that got pregnant and she said it was that black dude that rapped her. I guess we're gonna storm his house and that rope on that tree in his garden will be serving god's justice !
    that's like.... the complete opposite of what that guy was saying. Talk about Whoosh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man, it’s not like there’s piles of evidence, but you choose to ignore it.

I guess we’re back to man can do whatever he wants to woman with no consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Really? Nothing but happenstance and supposition? I guess their disgusting group chat conversation and the fact that Afrasiabi was fired for sexual misconduct is just happenstance and supposition too?
    Nothing concrete enough to draw any objective conclusion, given the timeline of events.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!