Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    They did the investigation, that’s why there’s the lawsuit. God it’s like people don’t even read.
    Just so you know, investigations and lawsuits aren't evidence of any guilt, they only show that someone is accusing another of X and gathered material on that end.
    It's up to Blizzard to defend themselves and to the court to decide how much of that material is actually relevant and legit to the accusation, THEN we can pass an informed judgement.

There's something catastrophically stupid in treating the existence of mere accusations and lawsuits as a definite proof of guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    that's like.... the complete opposite of what that guy was saying. Talk about Whoosh.
    what he is saying is that the law is not the only things to judge. That means that we are allowed to render our own judgement based on any evidence we like outside of the boundary of the law.

THERE ARE REASONS WE ACTUALLY GOT LAWS and a whole human history of those laws evolving and it is to avoid social justice from unqualified people with whatever evidence they decide on a purely subjective manner are receivable or not.

tMan, it’s not like there’s piles of evidence, but you choose to ignore it.
    I do not chose to ignore it, i chose to trust a law system that has been build over millennial over randoms on twitter who, after "doing their own research" decide someone is guilty or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    THERE ARE REASONS WE ACTUALLY GOT LAWS and a whole human history of those laws evolving and it is to avoid social justice from unqualified people with whatever evidence they decide on a purely subjective manner are receivable or not.

I do not chose to ignore it, i chose to trust a law system that has been build over millennial over randoms on twitter who, after "doing their own research" decide someone is guilty or not.
    You can't even tell me 10 laws that have changed since last year that pertains to income taxes, let alone 20 common laws, how they came into practice, or ways we've assigned persons with said crime. There's no way in hell you even know 50% of your county laws, let alone 25% of your state laws. We're talking about tens of thousands of laws created out of thin air to fit any narrative at any time. We're not repeating history on accident, we're creating a record that ensures we keep making the same mistakes.

I'm sorry someone insulted your god but if lawyers are yours, I feel sorry for you. But the master(s) you give tokens and praise to, hope you continue to beLIEve.
    Last edited by scelero; 2021-07-29 at 04:27 PM.

Ejecting the worst offenders is the easy way out. It’s difficult to say how many asshats are currently employed at Activision-Blizzard. They’ve got so many employees so obviously there’ll be a lot of asshats. And having asshats as employees isn’t an issue in itself as long as they are capable of behaving themselves while at work.

The issue at hand is how this behaviour is capable of festering without consecvenses. Afrasiabi was most likely not behaving this bad from the getgo. But he is clearly a person with a defective moral compass incapable of treating other human beings with the respect they deserve. He was most likely pushing his boundaries and when the entire structure of the company seemingly fails to keep him in check or take any of this seriously he ends up pushing further and further.

Simply removing him isn’t fixing the problem. The problem is the fact that he was able to develop into this complete asshat and terrorise all these people without any action being taken against him. A company the size of Activision-Blizzard will always have people in powerful positions within the company, they will always have a % of asshats currently employed. There is no avoiding that. If we are to avoid more people ending up like this they need to fix the structure and culture within the company so when the next person starts pushing boundaries the culture of the company will put a stop to it immediately instead of it spiralling out of control.

When you got mould in your walls it won’t be enough to simply put on a fresh layer of paint. Sure it will look ten times better but the wood is still just as mouldy. Your fresh layer of paint isn’t really changing or fixing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    How many of these people up on their high horses do you think have something "jokingly" shady said in a group chat over the course of their lives on the internet? Or been in a group chat with a douchebag and never said anything against it? I'd wager almost all. It's funny how people immediately get all righteous when a quick look into their own past would put them down like the hypocrites they are.
    Exactly. And group chats are where u talk abt anything and everything with your boys. We insult eachother, joke abt things we'd never actually do, exaggerate stuff. If there's ppl out there that don't do this, they are actual fuckin losers. Id love for them to post a picture of themselves. It would be 100% apparent what kind of a person they are lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Funny story, if something I dislike gets cancelled with no substantive reason...I THINK IT'S A FUCKING STUPID THING.

Unless something is straight up violating fundamental rights, terms of service, indulging in hate speech etc, I believe in freedom of expression.

Just because I don't like something doesn't mean it needs to go. Hell, I think most of the people here defending what's going on and/or most Trump supporters are absolutely unqualified idiots. But I don't want you gone, unless you straight up break terms of service. I know. SHOCKING.

So you might want to double check who's brain is frazzling. Hint. It's yours.
    You're the same guy who equated repeating a joke you disliked to harassment.
    Clearly you don't give a damn about freedom of speech.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    You can't even tell me 10 laws that have changed since last year that pertains to income taxes, let alone what 20 common laws, how they came into practice, or ways we've assigned persons with said crime. There's no way in hell you even know 50% of your county laws, let alone 25% of your state laws. We're talking about tens of thousands of laws created out of thin air to fit any narrative at any time. We're not repeating history on accident, we're creating a record that ensures we keep making the same mistakes.

I'm sorry someone insulted your god but if lawyers are yours, I feel sorry for you. But the master(s) you give tokens and praise to, hope you continue to beLIEve.
    Well no i can not cause i'm not qualified for that ? that's the whole point ? I am probably not smart, not have enough qualification, and lacking a LOT of context and both the accusers and the defenders point of view to actually set a judgement?

But i guess A kotaku article with a screenshot from 8 years ago is enough to completely destroy people's life.

If they did something wrong, smarter and more qualified people than me will prove it and justice will be served, i'm not going to crucify any of them as i would like to have a proper trial myself if i was in their shoes.

Well no i can not cause i'm not qualified for that ? that's the whole point ? I am probably not smart, not have enough qualification, and lacking a LOT of context and both the accusers and the defenders point of view to actually set a judgement?

But i guess A kotaku article with a screenshot from 8 years ago is enough to completely destroy people's life.

If they did something wrong, smarter and more qualified people than me will prove it and justice will be served, i'm not going to crucify any of them as i would like to have a proper trial myself if i was in their shoes.
    Afrasiabi destroyed his own life...by sexually harassing women. The Kotaju article came out this week in 2021.

His behaviour persisted for years, and Blizzard pulled the trigger in 2020. This situation is NOT cancel culture. Chill out.

Afrasiabi destroyed his own life...by sexually harassing women. The Kotaju article came out this week in 2021.

His behaviour persisted for years, and Blizzard pulled the trigger in 2020. This situation is NOT cancel culture. Chill out.
    It's not just Afrabiasi, people are jumping on Ghostcrawler just because he is in that chat for example.

It's not just Afrabiasi, people are jumping on Ghostcrawler just because he is in that chat for example.
    People are 'jumping' on him, because they're operating under the assumption that he knew what Alex was unto and said nothing.

Is it possible he knew what Alex was doing around the company? Probably, yeah. But speaking up is not easy. So I'm not going after him.

It's not his job to go public and say, 'BOIS IT'S 2013 AND ALEX AFRASIABI IS A FUCKING CREEP!' It's a difficult situation.

That said, if he had an awareness of what was happening, he should've gone to HR.

People are 'jumping' on him, because they're operating under the assumption that he knew what Alex was unto and said nothing.

Is it possible he knew what Alex was doing around the company? Probably, yeah. But speaking up is not easy. So I'm not going after him.

It's not his job to go public and say, 'BOIS IT'S 2013 AND ALEX AFRASIABI IS A FUCKING CREEP!' It's a difficult situation.

That said, if he had an awareness of what was happening, he should've gone to HR.
    That is fair enough.

what he is saying is that the law is not the only things to judge. That means that we are allowed to render our own judgement based on any evidence we like outside of the boundary of the law.

You made a direct comparison to a lynch mob killing someone. That's quite an extreme strawman that is not actually what he was talking about.

If you don't want to look like a fool, don't not to make those extreme examples and stick to your point as you do here. Honestly your example of hanging someone is just bad taste, and had nothing to do with that guy's point.

Consider also that the lawsuit isn't here to decide if anyone is guilty of anything. It pertains to Blizzard, the corporate entity, mishandling and possibly being involved in discrimination and covering up harassment. No one is actually going to be put on trial here. Any of those sexual harassment allegations would have to be handled in separate lawsuits, if it were to even move forward. So really, no one is going to get a 'innocent until proven guilty' situation here, because no one is actually being put on trial. This all pertains to how Blizzard failed to react to these situations, and those people are being put on notice because all of the evidence and anecdotes that are being brought to light.

If you truly believe in the system, then the system itself is failing to make the criminals accountable for their actions considering this investigation is solely in the interest of the corporation, and not going after the individuals involved. The system treats any and all wrongdoing in terms of the responsibility of the corporation to handle. Unless there are specific lawsuits that pop up against individuals afterwards, they're pretty much going to have zero repercussions to them from a legal point of view. That is how the law works, and it's not meant to have people accountable for their actions, it's simply a means of establishing and enforcing societal rules.

Effectively, the position you're defending is basically 'it's not a crime unless you're caught'. Cuz you're saying as long as Alex isn't on trial despite the overwhelming evidence that he did bad shit, he's innocent.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-07-29 at 05:05 PM.

You made a direct comparison to a lynch mob killing someone. That's quite an extreme strawman that is not actually what he was talking about.

If you don't want to look like a dumbass, try not to make those extreme examples and stick to your point as you do here. You can present your point, but honestly your example of hanging someone is just bad taste.
    Inb4 someone calls you a woke snowflake for pointing out (rightfully so) that something is inappropriate.

he should've gone to HR.
    HR exists to protect the company. Common story of people going to hr is getting fired shortly after in a nicely worded manner to remove the troublemaker.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah rug were lookin like sweater of billcoz. What a silly explanation rofl XD My dear Greg would be better to not explain anythin.

Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    HR exists to protect the company. Common story of people going to hr is getting fired shortly after in a nicely worded manner to remove the troublemaker.
    Yeah, I know. It's more that at that juncture it would've been the only option. Get it on file. Right before he leaves for Riot.

They're obviously not gonna get killed but their professional / personal life are over though and this is purely based on twitter's reaction and not on an actual investigation / justice decision.

Nothing says promoting equality like being divisive about it amirite. :P

They're obviously not gonna get killed but their professional / personal life are over though and this is purely based on twitter's reaction and not on an actual investigation / justice decision.
    Who are these 'they'? Greg Street. He'll be fine. He didn't do anything. He was literally 'at the bar'. And the rest? Again, nothing.

Morhaime, Metzen, everyone will be fine. Those 10 John Does in the Court filing? Time will tell.

And if something happens to them, it won't be because 'woke cancel culture'. Since they're John Does, y'know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    The problem is, as soon as you do that, you start the slippery slide towards government control, and you get something like China, where you can't say anything against those in power.
    You want evidence? Really? Why not think about what would happen if suddenly your face is painted with "Rapists" all over the social media feed? What kind of shitfuckery your family will go through? Are you really so stupid and dumb and brain dead to not understand such a simple thing?

And I would rather have a Chinese like authoritative control over social media than to have uncontrolled witch hunters ruining people's lives just for social media clout.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.