Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    What’s crazy to me is that Margo Robbie actually did pick up the key with her feet herself and put it in the lock. James Gunn said his biggest regret was not cutting the lace from her costume so you could see it’s not a double.
    ...iI almost wish I had a foot fetish...

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    10 feet? watch the movie again please....she jumps her own height. margot robbie ( looked it up) is about 5 feet.
    Next to that Harley quinn is a trained gymnast , who has been altered by chemicals she dropped in ( as shown in previous movies and comics), who does drugs ( as shown in movies and comics). And in comics is even enhanced by posion ivy......

btw record high jump is 8 feet, and a basketball player jumps around 3 feet. So someone like harley doing 5 feet is normal ( for a kind of person as she is)
    Dude she did it with a harness on, and it was super obvious, pulled me out of the movie to scoff at it. And I'm a woman, to anyone complaining about people focusing on the woman character. I just specifically remember that part, because I asked my husband after the movie if Harley had some super human upgrades or something that I didn't know about.
    Last edited by musicallittle1; 2021-08-18 at 11:04 PM.

You can really tell when an MMO-C thread has run its course as it turns into a gender discussion of some form. It is almost like a Godwin’s law type deal here.

Superhuman abilities, be it athletic or durability, even for “normal” people is part of the schtick of super hero (or in this case, villain) movies. The shit Batman endures would break any “Olympic level” athlete, but then we all know: we wouldn’t have a story. That level of plot armor is just part of the genre. If I see any unpowered hero or villain up against a dozen mooks, I’m sure as hell not betting on the mook, and wouldn’t give the mooks 10:1 on even drawing blood.

I wouldn’t mind a “real” take on the genre where the only surviving heroes or villains are the unkillable ones in one form or another. Even as fun as the Boys can be, there is still plenty of plot armor being thrown around.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    You can really tell when an MMO-C thread has run its course as it turns into a gender discussion of some form. It is almost like a Godwin’s law type deal here.

Superhuman abilities, be it athletic or durability, even for “normal” people is part of the schtick of super hero (or in this case, villain) movies. The shit Batman endures would break any “Olympic level” athlete, but then we all know: we wouldn’t have a story. That level of plot armor is just part of the genre. If I see any unpowered hero or villain up against a dozen mooks, I’m sure as hell not betting on the mook, and wouldn’t give the mooks 10:1 on even drawing blood.

I wouldn’t mind a “real” take on the genre where the only surviving heroes or villains are the unkillable ones in one form or another. Even as fun as the Boys can be, there is still plenty of plot armor being thrown around.
    Invincible episode 1

Was good.

Just wish they'd drop Harley Quinn.

Found it was a pretty bad movie. And had to force myself to finish it.
    Just random scenes one after an other with a lot of colors and cool music to sound cool but not actually interesting. Action scenes were slow and not particulary great, Idris is exactly the same as Will Smith, Harley is not a surprise anymore, other characters are blank and last boss fight was boring.

The only good point to me was surprisingly John Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Dude she did it with a harness on, and it was super obvious, pulled me out of the movie to scoff at it. And I'm a woman, to anyone complaining about people focusing on the woman character. I just specifically remember that part, because I asked my husband after the movie if Harley had some super human upgrades or something that I didn't know about.
    Yes as a actress she did it with a harnass on.

But we are talking about the characthers . And yes she has upgrades.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Harleen_Q...rth)#Abilities < and this is the comics version

https://dcextendeduniverse.fandom.co...uinn#Abilities < for the movies.

So if that brakes you out of a movie to spot that...stop watching mvoies.
    And does not matter if you are a women or not.

And again...like i posted. 10 feet was said. You see her jump ( with harness as actress, without in the story) her own height. Margot robbie is 5 feet. So she jumped 5 feet.
    And like i pointed out...world record is 8 feet, a basketball players jumps around 3 feet. So for a superhero/villian with somewhat inhuman powers/ability's. Jumping a bit higher as that is no problem.

And the harnass bit...if that brakes you movie to see a background jump that might look like harness work in a battle with a gaint starfish......okay......

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Yes as a actress she did it with a harnass on.

But we are talking about the characthers . And yes she has upgrades.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Harleen_Q...rth)#Abilities < and this is the comics version

https://dcextendeduniverse.fandom.co...uinn#Abilities < for the movies.

So if that brakes you out of a movie to spot that...stop watching mvoies.
    And does not matter if you are a women or not.

And again...like i posted. 10 feet was said. You see her jump ( with harness as actress, without in the story) her own height. Margot robbie is 5 feet. So she jumped 5 feet.
    And like i pointed out...world record is 8 feet, a basketball players jumps around 3 feet. So for a superhero/villian with somewhat inhuman powers/ability's. Jumping a bit higher as that is no problem.

And the harnass bit...if that brakes you movie to see a background jump that might look like harness work in a battle with a gaint starfish......okay......
    She’s 5’6”.

Harley never belonged on the team.

Everyone is bringing some form of skillset and all she brings is chaos. Shes not enhanced and shes not a trained fight shes just fucking nuts.

But yeah make it all about gender... fucking pathetic that the misogyny card gets pulled when you have a legit greivance with something.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post

Everyone is bringing some form of skillset and all she brings is chaos. Shes not enhanced and shes not a trained fight shes just fucking nuts.

But yeah make it all about gender... fucking pathetic that the misogyny card gets pulled when you have a legit greivance with something.
    Harley is very much so “enchanted” just like the joker both are insanely strong and durable when compared to a normal human which is why they are able to fight with batman who is the best of the human race and come out on top some of the time.

With just the joker esc chemical mix alone she would out pace some one like Rick flag who runs the team given that she’s also incredibly smart (if insane) and was an Olympic Athlete before the mix her being on the team makes perfect sense.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I just specifically remember that part, because I asked my husband after the movie if Harley had some super human upgrades or something that I didn't know about.
    Well, at least it’s good that you’ve finally started watching superhero movies. There have been a lot of good ones over the past few decades and once you start watching them you’ll quickly realize that every single one exaggerates what the human body is capable of. Every. Single. One. It’s kind of a staple of the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Well, at least it’s good that you’ve finally started watching superhero movies. There have been a lot of good ones over the past few decades and once you start watching them you’ll quickly realize that every single one exaggerates what the human body is capable of. Every. Single. One. It’s kind of a staple of the genre.
    Superheroes? Try action movies in general. Does anyone here think that John Wick is realistic?

- - - Updated - - -

Here's one thing the first movie did correctly. Amanda Waller knows what the fuck shes doing. If she thinks you belong there, you belong there.

My God, had this thread already devolved into X scene in my superhero movie is so unrealistic. And Ewww, there is a girl in my superhero movie so I have to hate it?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe that’s why she is on team one. She brings chaos which can buy time, but her job is to die do team two can get onto the island safely. Literally anyone Amanda Waller does not like belongs on team one.

Well in most scenarios you are right. She's not somebody you would want on a team you expect to pull anything off... (like the 1st movie)

On the other hand she perfectly fits on the team A of this movie.
    It was comprised of people she would benefit getting rid off. And by that I mean:
    1. Members who succeded previous missions, thus people she'd eventually need to release back into society (example: Boomerang)
    2. Members who can sow chaos, not only for the enemy, but also for their own team (example: Blackguard)
    3. Members who she considers might endanger her in the future and she wants gone (example: Flagg)

Harley fits into all 3 of the above categories, thus she's the perfect candidate for team A.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Wow, assume much? I grew-up with cardboard cutouts of Captain America and Superman in my bedroom, and have watched every super hero movie out there, I believe, except the first suicide squad and birds of prey. I stopped reading new comics in early 2000's, and I don't think I ever really read any about Harley. Just the 90's Batman cartoon show, really, so I was just wondering if I had missed her upgrades. Apparently I had. Still think it was a bad harness edit.

Wow, assume much? I grew-up with cardboard cutouts of Captain America and Superman in my bedroom, and have watched every super hero movie out there, I believe, except the first suicide squad and birds of prey. I stopped reading new comics in early 2000's, and I don't think I ever really read any about Harley. Just the 90's Batman cartoon show, really, so I was just wondering if I had missed her upgrades. Apparently I had. Still think it was a bad harness edit.
    Its almost like I posted a panel from a comic upthread where Batman trolls the Joker by saying: "She almost killed me. Something you never managed to do."

Man, that sarcasm just went right over your head, huh? Were you also pointing out Batman’s “superhuman upgrades” throughout the Nolan movies? Or since you mentioned Cap, how “peak human” for MCU Captain America is clearly well into superhuman territory? Don’t worry, the assumption was definitely that you have watched other superhero movies, so the point was that nitpicking a wire jump is just dumb. Pretty much every single character in superhero movies (and as Ivanstone pointed out, just action movies in general), no matter how “human”, is depicted performing unrealistic, typically superhuman, feats.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2021-08-20 at 02:43 PM.

Ooook next time I will keep my cinematic opinion to myself, even though it's a forum thread about a movie... not superhero powers. Heaven forbid I say something wasn't caught correctly in the editing room, or mentioned my personal experience with said movie. Yeesh, ya'll are a bunch of fun suckers in this place.

Ooook next time I will keep my cinematic opinion to myself, even though it's a forum thread about a movie... not superhero powers. Heaven forbid I say something wasn't caught correctly in the editing room, or mentioned my personal experience with said movie. Yeesh, ya'll are a bunch of fun suckers in this place.
    Oh WE'RE the "fun suckers"? That's funny...

The movie was a lot of fun but hardly perfect, and there are certainly plenty of criticisms that can be leveled at it. But pointing out a wire stunt? In a superhero movie? During the climatic battle when all the "heroes" are busting out their best moves? Unless you're saying they forgot to edit out the actual wires, that's just plain silly. It wasn't really a cinematic discussion anyway when your question was "does she have super human upgrades". She's in a superhero movie so the answer is essentially "yes, everyone does when the action calls for it".

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    My God, had this thread already devolved into X scene in my superhero movie is so unrealistic. And Ewww, there is a girl in my superhero movie so I have to hate it?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe that’s why she is on team one. She brings chaos which can buy time, but her job is to die do team two can get onto the island safely. Literally anyone Amanda Waller does not like belongs on team one.
    saw this theory before and it makes perfect sense to me. especially since not even Rick Flagg was told what the full mission objective was, just to get them to the beach. meanwhile Bloodsport was given a far more of a complete objective. putting Harley with her chaos and Rick who can no longer be controlled via June Moone and has actual morals on a team that is meant to die without looking like you actualy killed them - seems to be the exact sort of ruthless thing Amanda Waller would do.

I mean... honestly.... what sort of skillset is TDK bringing? the whole point of the character is just how useless he is.