Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I expect they'll probably remove anything vaguely considered "misogynistic". The prostitutes/harem/sex slaves in Black Temple and Hellfire Citadel might get cut. Female NPCs that are considered "sexualized" might get censored. The Steam Romance Novels might get removed be removed. Given how Garrosh's voiceline in Silverpine reprimanding Sylvanas was censored, I guess we might hear a lot of voicelines redone. Old models of Sylvanas and Jaina that have their bellies showing might get replaced. Maybe they'll put Inquisitor Whiteman in a skirt? Or would that be considered misogynistic? They'll probably put pants on her or something.
    Dear god going overboard much? Might as well give all female characters pants and sweatshirts then. Lord forbid something fleshy or 'sexy' is showing.

The injustice done by some of the Blizz members is real, but putting a big fat censored sticker on anything showing a bit of ankle is pretty ridiculous unless you're a giant cancel culture SJW feminist, then it probably checks out. Dear god.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    Who really cares though. WoW will most likely never recover from this...if they change parts of the game to kiss the ass of the "woke" community it will just fasten the downfall. All this woke sht is ruining games, tv shows and especially for guys like me comics etc. But I gotta give to DC that "I am not starfire" is such a shitty comics, that its almost worth reading it. But I am sick and tired of companies ruining stuff I used to love...I won't be angry anymore and just move on to the next thing. Also, FU Kevin Smith.
    I agree with woke content ruining games, but WoW's story has been pretty shit since cataclysm, so I don't think woke stuff could make it any worse. As long as the content is fun (or rather more fun than now), it doesn't really matter.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's possible for them to go too far.

It IS however possible for them to completely miss the point and throw random things like "we changed black mageweave leggings to not be panties" to try and get people to say "wow good job Blizzard we're going to forget your transgressions now."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I expect they'll probably remove anything vaguely considered "misogynistic". The prostitutes/harem/sex slaves in Black Temple and Hellfire Citadel might get cut. Female NPCs that are considered "sexualized" might get censored. The Steam Romance Novels might get removed be removed. Given how Garrosh's voiceline in Silverpine reprimanding Sylvanas was censored, I guess we might hear a lot of voicelines redone. Old models of Sylvanas and Jaina that have their bellies showing might get replaced. Maybe they'll put Inquisitor Whiteman in a skirt? Or would that be considered misogynistic? They'll probably put pants on her or something.

[IMG]
    The harem in Black Temple will likely stay, removing it would require cutting out at least a fifth of the entire raid and replacing it with nothing.
    Steamy romance novels might be cut, but that would require being completely humorless about it. Those books are not meant to be erotic, but rather parodies of pocket romance novels, which should be obvious to anyone that sees them.

They might change a few models though. The Alexstrasza/Ysera/(old)Sylvanas model is particularly egregious. The Whitemane picture shown is similarly risque for no discernible reason other than to intentionally play to sexualization.
    If something will change it will first and foremost be altering specific models like those that are exceptionally risque. On the whole WoW is fairly tame compared to before, the Val'kyr used to wear bikinis, whereas now the Kyrian wear togas.

What I am more concerned for though are future expansions and patches. If leadership crumbles from known offenders being booted then they could get replaced with people that have no passion for the game at all, or worse yet people whose only concern is looking at charts for what sells.
    Talks will likely go through to give employees better terms, whose increased pay will end up in the consumers lap instead of taken from executive bonuses, but at least they might stay instead of having to be replaced, but so much really does hinge on who they get to replace the old lead developers.
    Last edited by Sondrelk; 2021-07-29 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Removed image from quote
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...n-star-201939/

IDK if someone is familiar with this case. This wasn't widely discussed, and the whole issue was quickly forgotten

I put it here just so people see, that all concerning harassment and bullying can also go other way. Straight people can also get harassed to the point they commit suicide. And, while I stand against any kinds of harassment, be it vs. straight, gay, trans people or else, I am also against double standards and explicit SJW madness, that goes well overboard in various aspects of our lives more and more often.

In the end, I want to warn those people who yet are capable of thinking for themselves and not following the herd: radical leftism is actually a modern, innovative and very wicked & sophisticated form of fascism. The only difference that divides all kinds of BLMs, ultra feminist organizations, etc. is these all discriminate other kinds of people, just like their right wing counterparts discriminated their own disliked categories of people. That's the only difference.

Far right = bad. Far left = bad in a same way. Don't be a robot, always remember that.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2021-07-29 at 10:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    "In-game Changes. We have heard the input from employee and player communities that some of our in-game content is inappropriate. We are removing that content."

Aside from everything else going on, which has no direct relation to the content of World of Warcraft itself, this is concerning to me. What content in game is inappropriate and needs to be removed?

Edit: I should have done a little more reading. The statement in the blue post was vague but I agree with Afrasiabi being removed from game. I only hope it ends there and we don't have some sort of transformation of the game at the behest of potential bad actors.
    Do not fret. They are just changing, renaming, or removing references to certain people from the game. Question is, how many more, and how far out.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Aside from everything else going on, which has no direct relation to the content of World of Warcraft itself, this is concerning to me. What content in game is inappropriate and needs to be removed?
    Blood, Gore, Sexual Themes, Foul Language, War, Conflicts, Hatred, Vengeance, Massacre, Slaughter, Battles, Threats - basically, everything that made the game epic.

It will be replaced with children appropriate content like love, friendship, happiness, sweetness and tenderness, acceptance, cooperation and supportiveness. Basically, it will become a replica of Barnie or the Carebears.

It started with the removal of the word "Bitch" from Garrosh in BfA, and continued by his removal from the game entirely.

Next thing we know, we'll be surrounded by positive-only characters with no tension, bad feelings or animosity between them.

Sounds great, huh?

Just look at how the chinese version censored bones because it's too offensive for them.

They'll try to sanitize WoW into a sterile, quasi-utopian medium for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread is also starting to derail - let's focus on the aspect of what may be changed and/or removed from WoW and not ringing in real-world or identity politics and outright forbidden topics.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I actually think Removing all of Alexs stuff is a step in the right direction, and am impressed in how far they went, They even changed items which are no longer obtainable like https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Lizardscale_Eyepatch

It also shows that they are not double standardizing (like when they removed Swifty from the game, despite his allegations being false)

It also shows that even "Big" names arnt above the law.

I think this is the perfect chance for them to bring in the fanfic Anduin and Wrathion romance. Good way to say “see, our story was inclusive we just didn’t reach it yet”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    I actually think Removing all of Alexs stuff is a step in the right direction, and am impressed in how far they went, They even changed items which are no longer obtainable like https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Lizardscale_Eyepatch

It also shows that they are not double standardizing (like when they removed Swifty from the game, despite his allegations being false)

It also shows that even "Big" names arnt above the law.
    I don’t get it, what’s foror eyepatch related to? Is that another Alex thing or someone different?

most of the stuff they have removed in the past is just minor npcs most people don't even know exist.

afaik none of the major NPCs are ever so directly/obviously linked to blizz personnel so they probably can't go to far there.

the only really awkward situation i can thing of is if chris metzen got implicated, can't just remove thrall. if such a situation came up, i think they'd leave it in the game unless pressure on them really really mounted.

but as i said, outside chris metzen, is there even a person thats tied to a major NPC?

I expect its just the Afrasiabi stuff getting replaced. If they do change all the controversial NPC's then its about time they remove the Madeleine Roux NPC aswell. Worst case is when they change all females who show off too much skin (humanoid Alexstrasza, Whitemane, Vanessa etc) and even reduce their breast size.

The appropriate response to any perceived objectification of women is to objectify men in equal measure.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like half of the posts here are "those SJWs are totally going to remove everything sexy from the game". Almost like I time traveled few years back into the middle of GG and their conspiracy theories about "everything will be censored!"

So far, they're only changing/renaming items named after dubious (former) employees, let's not get ahead of things now, yelling "SJW" this, and "woke" that, shouting bloody murder before anything major happens just makes you look silly.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I feel like half of the posts here are "those SJWs are totally going to remove everything sexy from the game". Almost like I time traveled few years back into the middle of GG and their conspiracy theories about "everything will be censored!"
    That is why subscription games suck. If blizzard would take only expansion cost with full content with no changes, then you could decide whether to play or not. Now you pay for game but you can't really know what you have payed for cause blizzard has too much control over live game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascius View Post

Far right = bad. Far left = bad in a same way. Don't be a robot, always remember that.
    Truer words have never been spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Blood, Gore, Sexual Themes, Foul Language, War, Conflicts, Hatred, Vengeance, Massacre, Slaughter, Battles, Threats - basically, everything that made the game epic.

It will be replaced with children appropriate content like love, friendship, happiness, sweetness and tenderness, acceptance, cooperation and supportiveness. Basically, it will become a replica of Barnie or the Carebears.

It started with the removal of the word "Bitch" from Garrosh in BfA, and continued by his removal from the game entirely.

Next thing we know, we'll be surrounded by positive-only characters with no tension, bad feelings or animosity between them.

Sounds great, huh?

Just look at how the chinese version censored bones because it's too offensive for them.
    None of that has ever been in game. It was 12+, for fuck's sake.

removing NPC's / references to attackers should be done, hell he was basically fired so should have been done then.. do i think they will take it too far yes.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22