Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I expect them to go much too far with it.

Wouldn't be surprised if Warlock succubus is replaced. Say goodbye to the concubines in BT, skimpy outfits might even be redesigned or outright removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Because not treating women like a sexual object = woke
    I keep saying if these are the reasons they don't want to play the game then byyyyyye, can't say you'll be missed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Alex's disgusting traces being removed from WoW does not equal 'lol they go after exposed bellies next'.
    Pretty gross that half the people complaining are saying “sure there was rampant sexual harassment at blizzard, even driving one woman to suicide, but what about ME and MY HORNY?”

I’m glad I’m gone, these players are just as disgusting as the execs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Everything Afrasiabi (spelling) has been replaced; quest names and item names have been changed and npcs have been completely replaced.
    Not true. Retail has been changed but this was taken not too long ago. Classic & TBC both show this....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I keep saying if these are the reasons they don't want to play the game then byyyyyye, can't say you'll be missed.
    It's just silly how many people raged over them simply covering up Sylvanas' midsection.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Not true. Retail has been changed but this was taken not too long ago. Classic & TBC both show this....

Bad screenshot when the day and date are wrong. As far as Blizzard going to far, I don't think they will go far enough. They have shown blatant disregard to things such as this throughout the history of the game and will do cursory things like removing references to Afrasiabi in public areas, but they will most likely leave other references to him in places like Stratholme.
    Last edited by Flatspriest; 2021-07-29 at 11:26 PM.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Bad screenshot when the day and date are wrong. As far as Blizzard going to far, I don't think they will go far enough. They have shown blatant disregard to things such as this throughout the history of the game and will do cursory things like removing references to Afrasiabi in public areas, but they will most likely leave other references to him in places like Stratholme.
    I got the day of the week wrong as I thought today was Friday not Thursday. The date (July 29, 2021) and the time (2:36pm) were correct for when I took it in game on the TBC server and then checked the Classic server which also still had him there. The retail version has been changed to Field Marshal Stonebridge a female human as seen in the picture below. The NPC id of 14721 was changed to the new name and sites like wowhead have the name changed automatically as reflected on their site if you search for "Field Marshal Afrasiabi" and can see comments for "Field Marshal Stonebridge" dating back to 2009 and referencing Afrasiabi not Stonebridge.

Afrasiabi fired for his disgusting actions still had a char in game a yr later, everyone else had theres wiped instantly and they were innocent lol

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Afrasiabi fired for his disgusting actions still had a char in game a yr later, everyone else had theres wiped instantly and they were innocent lol
    It's obvious that they didn't want any of this to leak out, which is why they got rid of him in silent (while alot of people were leaving he company anyway) and changing his NPCs would have immediately triggered questions. That just shows you how hollow Blizzard's approach to the whole issue is.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It's obvious that they didn't want any of this to leak out, which is why they got rid of him in silent (while alot of people were leaving he company anyway) and changing his NPCs would have immediately triggered questions. That just shows you how hollow Blizzard's approach to the whole issue is.
    Yeah but we knew he was a scum bag for yrs now even before the leaks and the firing. It became the meme everytime Blizzard took a lazy morale stance on something he was constantly brought up..

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Oh noes! How will we ever survive without a sexy succubus and sexy concubines!? It just won't be the same game at all Well, you might as well quit now before they rip away your reason for playing.
    I mean, it's not like this will even happen. Some people are acting like anything vaguely "sexual" is being removed, instead of ingame references to one specific person. They seem kinda torn between their hatred for Blizzard and "woke" people supposedly ruining the game. I almost sympathize, it must be tough to be that far gone.

Plus the succubi had their model changed... a decade ago? I don't even remember, it's been so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The Steam Romance Novels might get removed be removed.
    They'll pry that collection from my cold, dead hands!

I don't really know what this thread is referring to, the only thing that immediately comes to mind that's directly his influence is Afrasiabi's character and snuff box in Stratholme.

edit: Here we go, there's the full list. Some of these I had no idea he had anything to do with, all of them very minor appearances. https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Alex_Afrasiabi
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2021-07-30 at 05:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The terrible state of the game is never gonna change as long as Ion is at the helm
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I read at another thread that /spit emote has been removed from Classic. May be part of this, whatever this is.
    I mean the emote has been the staple of poor sportsmanship for 17 years. I don't even know why it's in the game tbh, but then you can also call someone a whoreson (or moterhless ogre, as a poor stand in) as well, so the emote standards were never that great. There is also /rude which is essentially just a "go fuck yourself" gesture. Some cospiracy theories claim it was removed to spite Asmongold because he supposedly made spitting on store mount owners a thing.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Cleaning up bad references is fine but anything they choose to put to a purity test in terms of content is probably gonna be too far, especially for a sixteen year old game where people already hate most of the new shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I read at another thread that /spit emote has been removed from Classic. May be part of this, whatever this is.
    The /spit emote is in the testing of being disabled due to people acting like idiots around other players who managed to make a purchase of a product. It is around a problem that everyone on the Classic project servers should've foreseen from the start, yet still, outrage and aggression. Spamming and harassment.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Seems I am to repost my topic on this broken and derailed thread...

This is the company that banned overwatch players for picking the wrong hero. Thought a shared xp bar in hots with no FF option was a good idea as well as the company who allowed LFG and Trade chat to be overrun with boosting services for years now but only got off their ass to protect whales who buy mounts.

I am worried that in blizzards reactionary move to try and scapegoat the playerbase for "toxicity" we are going to see harmful changes that effect play.

Blizzard is already changing 2 much to the game. Nothing has been proven yet and the whole thing has yet to go to court. Just wait what the outcome of this lawsuit will be and then make changes. Its the same situation as with the kael'thas voice actor. In the end he was proven innocent but still all his work was removed from the game. I thought innocent until proven guilty was a thing in america? Some people screeching on social media is not proving anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    Who really cares though. WoW will most likely never recover from this...if they change parts of the game to kiss the ass of the "woke" community it will just fasten the downfall. All this woke sht is ruining games, tv shows and especially for guys like me comics etc. But I gotta give to DC that "I am not starfire" is such a shitty comics, that its almost worth reading it. But I am sick and tired of companies ruining stuff I used to love...I won't be angry anymore and just move on to the next thing. Also, FU Kevin Smith.
    The "woke" movement seens to be moving over games now. I hope it doenst happen with Blizzard games such as WoW as obviously the majority of the players arent part of the woke crowd. Its still a niche game from a decade before all this so I dont think players would take well wokeness creeping in. Its just my personal opinion btw, hope no one gets offended over it.

About Kevin Smith and his He-Man... Saw the 5 episodes yesterday and its indeed very bad.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I expect they'll probably remove anything vaguely considered "misogynistic". The prostitutes/harem/sex slaves in Black Temple and Hellfire Citadel might get cut. Female NPCs that are considered "sexualized" might get censored. The Steam Romance Novels might get removed be removed. Given how Garrosh's voiceline in Silverpine reprimanding Sylvanas was censored, I guess we might hear a lot of voicelines redone. Old models of Sylvanas and Jaina that have their bellies showing might get replaced. Maybe they'll put Inquisitor Whiteman in a skirt? Or would that be considered misogynistic? They'll probably put pants on her or something.

Honestly, as a woman I never found the females of WoW overly sexualised past Vanilla and TBC. After those two expansions most of the gear we got wasn't nearly as boobplate as some of the earlier sets were and female NPC were usually mostly dressed as much as the male NPCs. If I see players run around in something skimpy it's usually from Vanilla or TBC.
    Like ok, we got Alextraza and her skimpy bikini but she is like the mother of life and probably have a whole harem of dragon/elf bois to keep her busy. Whitemane I always found to be sexy in a stylish good taste kind of way.
    I would be fine with the harems if they just put in some strapping male elves in there as well as the ladies. Equality and all that.
    And the Night Elf costume we never got. Like that was peak equality right there. Equally skimpy, as it should be.

WoW is actually quite tame when it comes to the sexualisation of females and I am completely okay with that. If I want an MMO with boob physics I go play any of the hundreds of Asian MMO's out there.