Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Would Blizzard make the mistake of bringing another MELEE class in the next expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    This should be the 3rd DH spec;

It would be more interesting to have a "Star Elf" class, except we already have night elves, blood elves and Void Elves. I'd delete the Void Elves and go with Star Elves. Make Void Elf some sort of 43th spec instead.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

DHs have nothing to do with Elune.

If DH gets a third spec it should be ranged and based around Metamorphosis. Combine ranged damage with high mobility.

A ranged class that gets up close for the big nukes or something. Build resources from afar, dash in to consume, then dash out.

They should get a ranged spec. Since release there has not been one additional range spec. In face you could argue one was lost due to Survival Hunter changes.

Seems way off topic for the class. WoW has the issue where classes often have strong racial/background components, in this case a DH is someone who uses arcane runes to bind a demon inside of them while poking their eyes out. I don't see how a cringe warrior fits into that equation other than using glaives. It would make more sense to give this to warriors or rogues than it would make sense to make a spec like that for DHs. Not to mention that it's rather special lore-wise and not really a thing. It's like asking for a Guardian of Tirisfall spec, because mage is not enough. Furthermore half the cringe warrior is simply a less silly looking balance druid with the non-fel part of DHs.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-07-30 at 03:45 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

She's a survival hunter!!! Give me dual-wield!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    thoughts?
    Makes no difference to me, but I'm not lore focused at all so they could make like a pepperoni pizza spec where you throw pepperoni's as a filler and I wouldn't bat an eye.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Would Blizzard make the mistake of bringing another MELEE class in the next expansion?
    Hm, I suppose a double ranged class would have the count perfectly balanced

My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

All i want for Demon Hunters is a RANGED 3rd spec!
    Id love if it played similar to old warlock Demo where they shifted in and out of meta form! Considering that this is the way for both Havoc and Veng, this would fit the theme PERFECT! {imo}

I would accept a D3 style DH though.. dual weilding crossbows and all - they already gave pallies D3 crusader abilities so this isnt much of a stretch..

I'd rather have Night Warrior be its own class. If demon hunters get a ranged spec it should be based on a demon.

How about no?
    Night Warrior is a completely different thing from a Demon Hunter.
    You guys just see Glaives and you immediately jump on the Demon Hunter bandwagon.
    Shadow Hunters utilize glaives? they're Demon Hunters!
    Wardens use glaives? they're Demon Hunters!

7+ Year Old Account
    Night Warrior would be a class skin, not a spec. And we already have a thread for that here:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...nstead-of-Pala

If they ever add a third DH spec it should be a ranged one based upon the Hearthstone artwork. This would also work perfectly with class skins (Night Warrior and Shadow Hunter).

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Why would Demon Hunters get it?

Tyrande is a PRIESTESS of Elune. Elune is a moon goddess, not a demon one. Demon Hunters are Fel.
    As for the glaive argument, that's literally been the NElf Huntress weapon of choice before DH were even really a thing.

if it would be a new spec and not class it would go to priest because the hero is a priest

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Night Warrior would be a class skin, not a spec. And we already have a thread for that here:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...nstead-of-Pala

If they ever add a third DH spec it should be a ranged one based upon the Hearthstone artwork. This would also work perfectly with class skins (Night Warrior and Shadow Hunter).
    How are you so certain?
    I see Night Warrior as a spec inside a class.
    Shadow Hunter would be its own class.
    And a third Demon Hunter spec could be a spellcaster.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    if it would be a new spec and not class it would go to priest because the hero is a priest
    Not exactly.
    Tyrande is depicted more as a magical ranger than your average Priest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    How are you so certain?
    I see Night Warrior as a spec inside a class.
    Shadow Hunter would be its own class.
    And a third Demon Hunter spec could be a spellcaster.

Not exactly.
    Tyrande is depicted more as a magical ranger than your average Priest.
    Because a Night Warrior has nothing to do with a Demonhunter besides that Tyrande uses similiar mechanics in the new videos? Hence you could just slap new skins on all their abilities, remove DH only-customization and voila, you have your Night Warrior. For example fel rush could be changed similiar to Tyrande's flying/teleport ability that she used during her Sylvanas fight. Metamorphosis could be changed into her stars form. etc etc

Shadow Hunter could be similiary based upon the DH tool kit, just with changed visuals. Turn Metamorphosis into an animal form similiar to old ZG/ZA bosses. Exchange runes on the floor for totems. Voljin already uses a glaive. etc etc

Giving Demon Hunter a 3rd spellcaster spec aswell as a bow would now also work great with my two proposed class skins (which would be one for alliance, one for horde btw). Heck, give it a non-permament fellbat minion and you can also give the other two an owl and a spirit-raptor or something else loa-based.

The sky is the limit, and class-skins would be a way to create lot of different lesser sub-classes without having to additionaly balance them gameplay wise.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Because a Night Warrior has nothing to do with a Demonhunter besides that Tyrande uses similiar mechanics in the new videos? Hence you could just slap new skins on all their abilities, remove DH only-customization and voila, you have your Night Warrior. For example fel rush could be changed similiar to Tyrande's flying/teleport ability that she used during her Sylvanas fight. Metamorphosis could be changed into her stars form. etc etc

Shadow Hunter could be similiary based upon the DH tool kit, just with changed visuals. Turn Metamorphosis into an animal form similiar to old ZG/ZA bosses. Exchange runes on the floor for totems. Voljin already uses a glaive. etc etc

Giving Demon Hunter a 3rd spellcaster spec aswell as a bow would now also work great with my two proposed class skins (which would be one for alliance, one for horde btw). Heck, give it a non-permament fellbat minion and you can also give the other two an owl and a spirit-raptor or something else loa-based.

The sky is the limit, and class-skins would be a way to create lot of different lesser sub-classes without having to additionaly balance them gameplay wise.
    That is just lazy.
    I'd much better prefer that they would be fully fleshed-out.
    Leave the class skins to class/race combinations, like Sunwalkers, who lack representation inside their classes.

7+ Year Old Account
    That is just lazy.
    I'd much better prefer that they would be fully fleshed-out.
    Leave the class skins to class/race combinations, like Sunwalkers, who lack representation inside their classes.
    Well, that "lazy" approach may be the only way we will ever get niche classes like Night Warrior or Dark Ranger or Shadowhunter or Blademaster into the game. Because I can't see them doing balancing for like 20+ classes lol.

I would compare it a bit with Heroes of the Storm - the hero skins there sometimes do a lot for me to make the whole char feel differently, and I love it, even if it's "mechanically the same" it just doesn't feel that way - it's like playing different heroes. But I also have multiple characters of each class in WoW and it feels different enough for me already when I log from my bloodelf hunter to my orc hunter, so maybe I'm just weird haha.

Btw, Hearthstone also does this and it works quite well. Wanna play as Deathwing? You can, but he uses Garrosh's mechanics. Wanna play as Lei Shen? Yes, just be aware he plays exactly like Thrall decks. Tyrande? Here she is, just overlook that she actually plays the same as Anduin.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2021-07-31 at 07:57 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Well, that "lazy" approach may be the only way we will ever get niche classes like Night Warrior or Dark Ranger or Shadowhunter or Blademaster into the game. Because I can't see them doing balancing for like 20+ classes lol.

I would compare it a bit with Heroes of the Storm - the hero skins there sometimes do a lot for me to make the whole char feel differently, and I love it, even if it's "mechanically the same" it just doesn't feel that way - it's like playing different heroes. But I also have multiple characters of each class in WoW and it feels different enough for me already when I log from my bloodelf hunter to my orc hunter, so maybe I'm just weird haha.

Btw, Hearthstone also does this and it works quite well. Wanna play as Deathwing? You can, but he uses Garrosh's mechanics. Wanna play as Lei Shen? Yes, just be aware he plays exactly like Thrall decks. Tyrande? Here she is, just overlook that she actually plays the same as Anduin.
    Yet, it doesn't prevent them from adding new heroes into the game (even though they stopped working on the game).

They had to add a Demon Hunter class to Hearthstone with Illidan, for example. They couldn't just strap him on an existing class.

I don't believe they just gave up on new classes. I believe there are at least 4 more potential ones.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yet, it doesn't prevent them from adding new heroes into the game (even though they stopped working on the game).

They had to add a Demon Hunter class to Hearthstone with Illidan, for example. They couldn't just strap him on an existing class.

I don't believe they just gave up on new classes. I believe there are at least 4 more potential ones.
    I didn't say they gave up on new classes, just that stuff like Night Warrior/Dark Ranger/Shadowhunter/Blademaster is too niche and can be filled by class skins.

Tinker f.e. could work as new class. Or dragonsworn.

In a perfect world, you would have both. New classes that need new mechanics, and skins to fullfill the more niche stuff which we wouldn't get otherwise.

#TEAMGIRAFFE