Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I didn't say they gave up on new classes, just that stuff like Night Warrior/Dark Ranger/Shadowhunter/Blademaster is too niche and can be filled by class skins.

Tinker f.e. could work as new class. Or dragonsworn.

In a perfect world, you would have both. New classes that need new mechanics, and skins to fullfill the more niche stuff which we wouldn't get otherwise.
    It's not niche. They have as much potential as other WC3 heroes-based classes like the Death Knight, Monk and Demon Hunter.
    Go have a look at my concepts:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pecializations

Niche classes would be the Necromancer, Spellbreaker and Dragonsworn.

In a perfect world we would have races and Allied races. Oh wait, we have them.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I think if class skins would ever become a thing, Night Warrior is natural candidate for night elf DH skin. This was discussed in another thread already.

I think third spec is definitely needed for DH, but I'd stick with the basic DH fantasy and reserve other concepts for potential skins.

I can see Vengeance being the spec about empowering itself through absorbed demon powers, then having one dps spec centering more around combination of chaos magic and melee combat (havoc) and the other being more about "uncorrupted DH" style of bladedancer. Havoc could stay as potent cleave DPS with solid selfheals, and Bladedancer could be more single target spec with best mobility and evasions.
    The whole theme doesnt realy fit with them. Only thing is that they are night elves and wear glaives. Elune and fel is not matching well at all.

Idk were this was discussed, but it seems realy off to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Night Warrior as a Class skin would be a better idea. Completely separate Class identity, but based on the same basic gameplay as a DH.
    This is more likely, imo. Night Warriors share little in common with DH except using their animation kit to save time when making cinematics and animating Tyrande's NPC unit in combat. Night elves have been using warglaives way before demon hunters were a thing, both of the 'two-bladed sword' and 'three-bladed melee/throwing weapon' varieties.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

This whole idea is based on a wrong understanding of the latest Elune cinematic

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    given some of the stuff we're learning about Elune (and how she willingly let the Night Elves die, perhaps even playing some part in causing Teldrassil to burn)
    She didn't willingly let the Night Elves die, but is limited in her 'deus ex machina' intervention skills (what she can do and what she can't do is subject to debate)
    She did not play a role in the burning of Teldrassil
    The only thing she did was "claim" the souls of those who died in the burning of Teldrassil - just like Bwonsamdi can claim troll souls (how exactly the calling 'dibs' on souls work we do not know yet)

There is no basis for:
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    However, given what little we know of the "Night Warrior", and the fact that once Tyrande learns the truth about Elune, I imagine she is going to retire as a Priestess

There are too many melee classes/specs imo so if ever new class or spec comes out i just hope it'll be ranged.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Would make absolutely no sense, whatsoever. Besides, this Night Warrior is basically just a Balance Druid gone-melee. It *could* work as a Night Elf paladin, but as a demon hunter? Lulz no.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    How are you so certain?
    I see Night Warrior as a spec inside a class.
    Shadow Hunter would be its own class.
    And a third Demon Hunter spec could be a spellcaster.

Not exactly.
    Tyrande is depicted more as a magical ranger than your average Priest.
    And anduin is depicted as a paladin more than a priest but he’s still a priest

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefellah View Post
    This whole idea is based on a wrong understanding of the latest Elune cinematic

She didn't willingly let the Night Elves die, but is limited in her 'deus ex machina' intervention skills (what she can do and what she can't do is subject to debate)
    She did not play a role in the burning of Teldrassil
    The only thing she did was "claim" the souls of those who died in the burning of Teldrassil - just like Bwonsamdi can claim troll souls (how exactly the calling 'dibs' on souls work we do not know yet)

There is no basis for:
    She didn’t claim the souls like bwonsamdi because if she did they wouldn’t have gone to the maw

She figured “ok you’re gonna die but you are going to go to ardenweald so I’ll just let you not feel pain” and that was it

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    demon hunters and night warriors are polar opposites.

one eternally tries to keep a demon they ate contained, the other voluntarily submits to be wholly consumed by possession.

night warriors sounds like something demon hunters would hunt. the very idea of a night warrior is the ultimate failure for a demon hunter.
    Out of curiosity, where did you come up with these definitions of night warriors and demon hunters? I'm just wondering since it was clearly not from established lore.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    And anduin is depicted as a paladin more than a priest but he’s still a priest
    No, he's not. Just on the outside. His abilities are still Priest abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Out of curiosity, where did you come up with these definitions of night warriors and demon hunters? I'm just wondering since it was clearly not from established lore.
    DH starting area/vlass campaign and that quest where tyrand becomes the night warrior/the current story.

pretty sure you kill a couple DH who lost against their inner demons in those, think theres 1 or 2 that are dungeon bosses too. half the night fae campaign and current campaign is also about getting tyrande back from the control she lost after invoking elune.

just exchange the word elune with demon/sargeras/voidlord/evil guy and it's pretty obvious what a night warrior is. i mean even with elune being an alleged good guy, tyrand sure was a bit of a loose cannon to put it mildly. half the quests involving her are "be careful of friendly fire".

it would make about as much sense as holy death knight (or warlock)...

No, he's not. Just on the outside. His abilities are still Priest abilities.
    BfA had him use a templars verdict and priests can’t use shields

But also I’m not seeing recent examples of tyrande being a ranger other than holding a bow. The arrows from the nathanos scene are from the elf with her

15+ Year Old Account
    The tattoos are really cool, but it just doesn't make sense for a playable character. Not only does it not really fit any of the classes, it is something that mortals can't actually control. I do think the cutscenes were trying to give her a bit of an Illidan vibe, with the tattoos and glaives, but it really doesn't suit demon hunters at all.

I think a better option might be to make it part of the night elf Heritage Armor if/when they get back to rolling those out. Vestments of Elune's Chosen or something, make a priestly robed version and a warrior tunic version, and bake the glowy tattoo textures into it or just make them unlockable tattoo options along with the eyes.

Could also use the questline to close up some loose ends and bring closure to the Teldrassil / Night Warrior story.

If they added another spec to DH, I could only imagine it being a ranged attacker. If they introduced yet another melee I don't know if I'd laugh or cry., every DPS introduced past the launch of the game has been a melee.

BfA had him use a templars verdict and priests can’t use shields
    I'll need a source for that.

Huh? where does he wield a shield?

But also I’m not seeing recent examples of tyrande being a ranger other than holding a bow. The arrows from the nathanos scene are from the elf with her
    Pretty sure it's from her.
    Again, would like a source for your claims.

I'll need a source for that.

Huh? where does he wield a shield?

Pretty sure it's from her.
    Again, would like a source for your claims.
    Battle for lordaeron cinematic
    I believe he has a shield and his attack that creates a crater is more like a TV than a priest ability

Tyrande doesn’t have a bow in the cinematic with her and nathanos

The faster we can forget about that whole night warrior garbage and indeed let tyrande fade into the background the better tbh.

Battle for lordaeron cinematic
    I believe he has a shield and his attack that creates a crater is more like a TV than a priest ability

Do you see a shield?
    The troll he attacked had a shield.

And, that's not Templar's verdict. That's an unnamed ability. You just presume it is. It could be just an auto attack empowered by Shalamayne.

Go see his HotS depiction, where he wields a sword and wears plate armor, but still uses Priest abilities entirely:
    https://heroesofthestorm.fandom.com/wiki/Anduin

Tyrande doesn’t have a bow in the cinematic with her and nathanos
    Sylvanas doesn't have an arrow when she tries to shoot Zovaal. She conjures it out of thin air.
    Point is, if you didn't already know, that Tyrande is a Priestess of the Moon and therefore utilizes ranged abilities:

Do you see a shield?
    The troll he attacked had a shield.

And, that's not Templar's verdict. That's an unnamed ability. You just presume it is. It could be just an auto attack empowered by Shalamayne.

Go see his HotS depiction, where he wields a sword and wears plate armor, but still uses Priest abilities entirely:
    https://heroesofthestorm.fandom.com/wiki/Anduin

Sylvanas doesn't have an arrow when she tries to shoot Zovaal. She conjures it out of thin air.
    Point is, if you didn't already know, that Tyrande is a Priestess of the Moon and therefore utilizes ranged abilities:
    Where’s the bow?
    She had no bow in the cinematic and she has slowly been working away from the ranged abilities hence the reason she didn’t just shoot Sylvanas instead of trying to choke her bad mommy

Where’s the bow?
    She had no bow in the cinematic and she has slowly been working away from the ranged abilities hence the reason she didn’t just shoot Sylvanas instead of trying to choke her bad mommy
    That arrow clearly came from her.
    There were no sentinels with her, as far as i can remember. It was a 1v1.