Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Will Mccree get renamed to something else?

In response to the blue tweet will Mccree be renamed to something else? I hope he isn't deleted. He's one of the fan favorites!!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt they'd straight up delete a character...what is the tweet about?

3+ Year Old Account
    Why would they rename him?

Rename him after Matt Mercer

7+ Year Old Account
    .... No.
    They are not gonna delete or rename a fully established, fan favorite character.

What are you smoking to even consider something so stupid as a possibility?

Edit: Lmao, nvm. they are changing it afterall.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-08-26 at 07:26 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    I doubt they'd straight up delete a character...what is the tweet about?
    its regarding the report about the cosby suite https://kotaku.com/inside-blizzard-d...ite-1847378762 you can see Mcree in a group chat further down

I don't think he needs to be renamed, but I wouldn't care too much either if they revealed in a comic that his real name is John Mercer or something like that.

I like this yellow styling of the overwatch pages on the website, looks so much better than the others.

Imagine being offended by a imaginary character’s name, so odd to me. Blizzard will probably cave though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    its regarding the report about the cosby suite https://kotaku.com/inside-blizzard-d...ite-1847378762 you can see Mcree in a group chat further down
    I see, I know of the tweet but I didn't really read it because I don't need to read about a bunch of frat boys talking about women in "those" ways.

I think if anything a name change would be in order rather than just flat out deleting him, that would piss players off and that's something they need to try to avoid. I have a friend who mains Mccree and I can imagine he'd be super happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Renaming an Overwatch hero is a much bigger deal than renaming some WoW NPC's

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    Rename him after Matt Mercer
    Check out the "New" hero, MERCERNARY.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    I like this yellow styling of the overwatch pages on the website, looks so much better than the others.

Imagine being offended by a imaginary character’s name, so odd to me. Blizzard will probably cave though.
    Agreed, even though it hurts my eyes on some monitors.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

I don't think it's as much about people being offended by the name as it is Blizzard not wanting to let McCree retain that honor of having an Overwatch character named after him.

Then again, given the state of that game maybe it's no real honor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    while it disgusts me what happened behind the scene, the character itself has nothing in common with it. And even if they rename him. Like what Pewpewbeamzors?
    love WoWarcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so, and frankly I don't think he should be renamed. He is a an established core character of the game, not some random NPC tucked away in the corner like the Afrasiabi NPCs and references were in WoW. The amount of work to rerecord all of the voice lines referring to McCree is on an entirely different scale than changing around a couple of lines of written text and replacing an unimportant NPC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

While I disagree, you can set it to the default. Top right settings, Forum skin (2nd from the bottom).

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    .... No.
    They are not gonna delete or rename a fully established, fan favorite character.

What are you smoking to even consider something so stupid as a possibility?
    Modern cancel culture is strong and big companys are even bigger cucks, so i wouldnt wonder if blizz rename him.

God, the internet was a cool place many years ago. Today its just about shitstorm and people getting offended by everything.

Humankind would profit if they just turn off the internet, or at least social media, for a year. People these days are all insane an stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    God, the internet was a cool place many years ago.
    The internet has never been a cool place.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    They aren't going to delete McCree from the game.

A rename isn't off the table, but would not be easily done.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Only way I can see him getting renamed would be a scenario like Reaper (story wise), stops using his real name for a Super Hero/villian reason.
    That being said, idk shit about the games lore.

McCree shoots straight from the hip.