Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Asmongold starts the trend to spit on mount buyers
    Makes tweet with sarcasm towards Blizzard's decision
    MMO-C features an Asmongold tweet on main page

Funny enough situation to make me chuckle for 1 second...next (>_<)

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Yep, you can still do those things and they're not as offensive (or potentially as offensive), so what's the issue with /spit being removed?
    Your post said /spit was only in the game to mock/taunt other players. I point out those two emotes literally exist in game. Your response? Yeah but those are fine.

This is the level of confusion we are dealing with from those faking outrage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    There is a reason why CE's did not include a mount until MoP, because mounts are special, they (used) to be a prestigeous item, whereas pets never held this status.
    That reason is for the same reason why the Celestial Steed was so great. Account wide mounts. It had nothing to do with a special status and wanting to keep it unique. It also ignores how one of the most sought after mounts of the time was available only through the TCG. So it had nothing to do with special mounts not being sold for real money. That mount even had its model updated during TBC.

The idea that Blizzard placed mounts as some super special protected status is a fantasy created by players.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-07-31 at 07:40 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

lol at having nothing else going on in life that you get upset about a spit emote being removed from a video game. Save this for future reference so you can look back with pride at your seething about something that has so negatively affected your life and when the need arises you can show your kids/grandkids the courageous stand you took.

I mean you can still be toxic without it right?
    I'm sure you'll find a way.

What's more annoying, your perceived slights about them being "woke" or that you can't spit on people anymore?
    Tell us, which hurts more?
    It hurts enough you'll cancel right?

Also lol at any sort of moral superiority over ingame mounts. What a fucked up hierarchy of stupidity.
    They are video game mounts. I repeat, mounts in a video game.
    People have been carried since classic. People who didn't "deserve" Thunderfury has been a thing since classic. Things like HWL, Glad mounts, raid mounts etc. can all be bought/shared/won/ undeservedly.
    Your misplaced prestige is entirely your own.

People use the word karen all the time but we have so many here.

That reason is for the same reason why the Celestial Steed was so great. Account wide mounts.
    That's just bogus.

If you think the sole issue of the Celestial steed was that it was accountwide, you're being delusional, by the time of Wotlk, the price of basic mounts was already low enough that this was hardly a factor.

This debate about storemounts doesn't surface whenever Blizzard releases a new because they're accountwide (just like any mount is nowadays), it's because you earn something that is supposed to be prestigeous not with ingame effort, but rather money that goes straight to the developer.
    It also ignores how one of the most sought after mounts of the time was available only through the TCG. So it had nothing to do with special mounts not being sold for real money.
    No, because the acquisition between of a TCG item and a store mount are still different.
    It's just being willfully ignorant of the fact that pretty much every store mount is being looked down upon despite how amazing they look.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Are you paying for the game still? Are you buying things out of the shop still?
    Yes I am still playing the game. What does that have to do with anything I said? Or sexual harassment? Your attempted "gotcha" argument is hilarious though coming from an account who took the name/location of a WoW lore figure though.

- - - Updated - - -

That's just bogus.
    It is not bogus. Mounts were included in the CE the same time they made mounts account wide. The Celestial Steed was the first account wide mount in the game and was a popular buy because of that convenient feature. You also defeat your own argument of mounts being special if "basic mounts" were common and nothing special. Which is it?

No, because the acquisition between of a TCG item and a store mount are still different.
    Oh. So if we paid money to Activision, instead of Blizzard, you would be 100% accepting of all the existing store mounts? Are you saying the spectral tiger is looked down upon? Oh wait. I forgot the arbitrary rules you are creating in order to hate on some cash items and not all cash items.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't planning on sharing this anecdote, but it feels pretty relevant.

My mom is over 60 and has been playing WoW since 2004. She's not very good at the game, she doesn't raid and dungeons stress her out, but she likes making and leveling new characters and hanging out in towns looking at transmog and buffing players, stuff like that.

A while ago she saw someone riding around on the Vulpine Familiar and thought it looked really cool, so I gifted her one as a birthday present. Some time later she told me that one day a player had followed her around Stormwind /spitting on her. I told her it was probably just an angry child, but it actually really bothered her. I don't know why. I guess it just made her feel unwelcome.

Anyway, she had reported the player, but out of curiosity I looked up his character name, which also popped up a YT channel and a Twitter account. His YT channel was some mumbly wannabe WoW streams and rants with no views. His Twitter was literally three things: retweeting UwU hentai, complaining about immigration, and @ing Asmongold.

Anyway, that's the image I now have of people who use /spit. And people who are actually angry that it's being removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    lol at having nothing else going on in life that you get upset about a spit emote being removed from a video game. Save this for future reference so you can look back with pride at your seething about something that has so negatively affected your life and when the need arises you can show your kids/grandkids the courageous stand you took.
    lol at having nothing else going on in life that you get upset about a virtual spit in a video game. That's also one to tell your grandkids.

Spit has been in game in the game for 17 years but it's only the last generation that can't 'handle' it because, instead of toughening up, they try to bring everyone else down with their woke extremism.

Life ain't fair, Buttercup. Deal with it or go live in your safe place without bothering anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    To me, it seems YOU have an issue with controlling your anger over a video game, and i find it extremely ironic that you yourself claim that its only "children" who use it in pvp, and yet it angers you SO MUCH you wish to physically assault them>? over a VIDEO GAME?
    Okay dude, I'm gonna be blunt. You completely ignore half the shit I'm typing, talking to you is a complete waste of both our time. If you aren't actually going to read what someone is saying then don't bother posting on a message board.

I'm done reading and responding to your huge text walls of nonsense only to reply to them and to have you completely disregard anything I'm typing. I'm being reminded of the chess with a pigeon analogy, and you're the pigeon.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I'm not a vindictive man, but I think it would be hilarious if the community attached another emote to spam others with toxicity. Maybe we're asking the wrong questions here.

Maybe the only question worth asking is, "How many emotes can we potentially get 'banned'?"
    This is probably gonna happen tbh. If someone made an addon for spitting macros, they'll make one for another emote as well. /pity is a good contender.

That being said I don't think they'll remove any more emotes. I kinda get the feeling that they only just now remembered this emote was even in the game because of this TBC addon, knowing Blizzard I wouldn't at all be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I wasn't planning on sharing this anecdote, but it feels pretty relevant.

My mom is over 60 and has been playing WoW since 2004. She's not very good at the game, she doesn't raid and dungeons stress her out, but she likes making and leveling new characters and hanging out in towns looking at transmog and buffing players, stuff like that.

A while ago she saw someone riding around on the Vulpine Familiar and thought it looked really cool, so I gifted her one as a birthday present. Some time later she told me that one day a player had followed her around Stormwind /spitting on her. I told her it was probably just an angry child, but it actually really bothered her. I don't know why. I guess it just made her feel unwelcome.

Anyway, she had reported the player, but out of curiosity I looked up his character name, which also popped up a YT channel and a Twitter account. His YT channel was some mumbly wannabe WoW streams and rants with no views. His Twitter was literally three things: retweeting UwU hentai, complaining about immigration, and @ing Asmongold.

Anyway, that's the image I now have of people who use /spit. And people who are actually angry that it's being removed.
    This is probably a big reason why it got removed. People who don't know or care that it's been in the game for 17 years won't understand or be happy that they're being spit on in a game and won't really be able to figure out why the hell that's even a thing you can do. It's kind of just gross and childish.
    Last edited by Irian; 2021-07-31 at 08:16 PM.

It is not bogus. Mounts were included in the CE the same time they made mounts account wide. The Celestial Steed was the first account wide mount in the game and was a popular buy because of that convenient feature. You also defeat your own argument of mounts being special if "basic mounts" were common and nothing special. Which is it?
    It is.

If you seriously believe that people argue everytime a new store mount comes out because they used to be mailed to every character unlike regular mounts, you're just damn delusional.
    You also defeat your own argument of mounts being special if "basic mounts" were common and nothing special. Which is it?
    No, it doesn't defeat the argument.

The point is that by the time of Wotlk, the purchase of the mount itself was hardly a barrier anymore, hence the reason why this mount was controversial was not because it saved you that initial purchase, but rather it was a damn mount on the store - one that most certainly did not have a basic look and on top of that was a reskin of one most the most prestigeous PvE mounts at the time: Invincible.

The reason why i raised this argument is to point out that the accountwide factor was something that hardly anyone gave a shit about, but rather the fact that you can earn pretty special looking mounts with real money.
    Oh. So if we paid money to Activision, instead of Blizzard, you would be 100% accepting of all the existing store mounts?
    That's stupid once again.
    Activision owns Blizzard, *any* money you give to Blizzard also goes to Activision.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    Spit has been in game in the game for 17 years but it's only the last generation that can't 'handle' it because, instead of toughening up, they try to bring everyone else down with their woke extremism.
    It was removed in part because of a popular streaming starting the trend of /spitting on people with a specific mount as a form of protest. It has nothing to do with the "last generation" but with the people that can't handle the mount and thus need to harass people that have it. Those are the true snowflakes in this equation and it is hilarious how many people want to blame the targets of the harassment rather then those who are doing it.

The difference being that those items were largely intended to promote the TCG.
    Yes? And? You're still paying real money for an ingame mount that is ONLY available through spending real money.

My point is that nobody really cared about it back then, but nowadays, literally O N E mount gets added and everyone loses their minds and cries that TBC Classic is "literally retail now".

Because most people can see the writing on the wall.
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

It was removed in part because of a popular streaming starting the trend of /spitting on people with a specific mount as a form of protest.
    And the problem with banning one emote is that everyone who does this will just switch to a different emote.

What next, is Blizzard going to remove /slap? And then remove /rude? And then remove /laugh and /rofl? It's pointless.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you seriously believe that people argue everytime a new store mount comes out because they used to be mailed to every character unlike regular mounts, you're just damn delusional.
    What? That wasn't even the topic of what was discussed or said. Why are you moving the goal posts? The Celestial steed was popular in part because of it being the first account wide mount. Blizzard added mounts to the CE the same time they made every mount account wide. That was the extent of the statement made.

The point is that by the time of Wotlk, the purchase of the mount itself was hardly a barrier anymore, hence the reason why this mount was controversial was not because it saved you that initial purchase, but rather it was a damn mount on the store - one that most certainly did not have a basic look and on top of that was a reskin of one most the most prestigeous PvE mounts at the time: Invincible.
    But it wasn't the first mount sold. That is the spectral tiger which you've already stated was perfectly okay. So your point is null and void because it has nothing to do with a mount being sold for real life money. Oh so now it was an issue because it was a re-skin? Lol. Do you also whine about a sword still looking like a sword? Or a gate looking like a gate? Or a wall just being a re-skin of a wall?

Activision owns Blizzard, *any* money you give to Blizzard also goes to Activision.
    Blizzard still got money from the TCG and even had a hand in the founding of the company that later got the contract to produce the TCG. So it isn't stupid. It is just you using arbitrary rules to make one cash purchase acceptable and another unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    The cry back then was that WoW was eventually gonna start selling flasks and currency and other character enhancing shit. It never has.
    Yeh, now they just sell gold lmao.. so much better..

Tbh I don't think it's a bad thing they did so per se, i just think it's bad that it was only a problem for blizzard when it was used specifically to target people who bought store-mounts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because you're actively supporting a company that's under deep investigation for multiple accounts of sexual harassment. Why are you supportive of rape culture?
    The game is not rape culture. Do you not see how ignorant your claim is when you have based your forum identity around the game people can't support in any way shape or form? And haven't deleted your account to start a new one that doesn't promote the game/company? There are people at Blizzard that could still use support and you can play a game and still support them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Yeh, now they just sell gold lmao.. so much better..
    The token doesn't create gold. Blizzard sells "transfer" of gold between two players.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Your post said /spit was only in the game to mock/taunt other players. I point out those two emotes literally exist in game. Your response? Yeah but those are fine.

This is the level of confusion we are dealing with from those faking outrage.
    As I also said spitting is also offensive in many cultures (including western culture), beyond mocking/taunting other players. Don't compare them as equal, because they're not.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

It was removed in part because of a popular streaming starting the trend of /spitting on people with a specific mount as a form of protest. It has nothing to do with the "last generation" but with the people that can't handle the mount and thus need to harass people that have it. Those are the true snowflakes in this equation and it is hilarious how many people want to blame the targets of the harassment rather then those who are doing it.
    Let's see:

People ask for a true Classic
    People get a true Classic
    Some people deviate from the premise of true Classic by buying a store mount
    People who asked for true Classic are upset at the whale snowflakes for breaking the premise of true Classic
    People who bought the mount cry that they are not wanted in the game anymore because of what they did
    People who still adhere to the spirit of true Classic get punished

So who are the victims here...?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    And the problem with banning one emote is that everyone who does this will just switch to a different emote. What next, is Blizzard going to remove /slap? And then remove /rude? And then remove /laugh and /rofl? It's pointless.
    So? You can never take action against harassment because people will always find a way to harass? It just means that Blizzard might have to take further actions. It doesn't mean that the actions they are taking are bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    Some people deviate from the premise of true Classic by buying a store mount
    Buying mounts was a part of TBC though because of the TCG loot rewards like the spectral tiger. The victim's are not the people that keep supporting and playing a game that they don't like just so they can't harass others that do enjoy the game. Lol. How fragile do you have to be to make a case that it is okay to harass people because you are somehow the victim?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not making the statement that paying for something means you support it.
    So you are not making the argument that you are making when it can apply to you. But you are making the argument that you are making when it can apply to someone else. Lmao.