Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    no. I'm taking what you said and applying it to the next level up. How is this hard for you?
    But it doesn't apply to the next level for the same reasons why disliking rice crisps in candy doesn't apply to the scummy actions taken by Nestle. The two are seperate concepts that you are equating just so you can pick a fight. And when we apply those macro level thinking to your own forum account identity you suddenly state that it is no longer a valid thing to equate. Weird right? You only take it to the next level when it supports your thinking but do not want to take it to the next level when it shows you to be negative.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    The original logic was flawed which is what I was pointing out. You don't decide for another what they meant~
    You literally said it wasn't flawed because you had to take it to the next level in order to create the flaw you claim was there. Which you didn't see a flaw in the context the statement was made and required it to be removed from that context to "the macro level". Lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

This is the only forum in existance that I know where people will actually deffend micro-transactions and whales in western games.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Seems like the real snowflakes are the people complaining about it in this thread.
    My thoughts exactly.

Never underestimate the projection in use by the crowd deeming itself "Anti-Woke", "Anti-SJW" and "Anti-Snowflakes"...

The WoW community in particular seems to have a lot of those people in it, which is also why it's famously toxic and reacts with outrage and conspiracy theories to any and all news.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-07-31 at 09:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    no, I'm taking it up to prove to you how stupid your statement was because I don't agree with either statement. I've even said that several times in our conversation. I'm just saying that since you believe it, I'm holding you to it.
    So you have to change the context of the statement to prove how stupid it was? If it was stupid couldn't you have done that with out changing the context? You are not holding me to my statement though because you are "taking it to the next level" which wasn't the statement. Actions of people that work at a company is entirely different then the design philosophy of a game a person plays for entertainment. Thinking that you were spit on by Blizzard because of them doing what they've done for over a decade but still giving them money is silly.

That has nothing to do with supporting sexual harassment by still playing the game. Just as you having a Blizzard themed account name doesn't support sexual harassment just because it is WoW themed. Your argument doesn't work when it is applied to you just as it doesn't work when it is applied to my statement.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, testing theory means applying fresh context to it.
    And your test failed. If it was a flaw you wouldn't need to test it and change the context to a "macro level" when you understood it was referring to the "micro level". My comments were not a universal statement but were directed at a game that people play for enjoyment.

If I am supporting sexual harassment and rape culture with my statement then you are with your WoW themed forum name/location. Even though you deny it doesn't change that I am taking your argument to the next level. Right? In order to not support sexual harassment you would create a new account with a different name. It doesn't matter if you didn't make the original statement you made still are the one that linked the concepts.

But you'll again claim that the rules you are making for others statements don't apply to you because you are some how different from "the next level". Lol.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-07-31 at 10:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Except The only way I can otherwise is say "Your idea is stupid because you don't have to agree with everything in a game to keep playing it" which will be now followed by your response in 4..3...2....
    Why are you turning a response into a bad thing when you are equally complicit in continuing the conversation? If you keep playing a game after disagreeing about decades long philosophy that you need to harass people that support it then you should stop playing that game. Why do you insist it is wrong to tell people that are compelled to harass others that they should think about no longer playing as an alternative? Why are you in support of harassing others?

15+ Year Old Account
    2) I'm not even playing right now to be able to harass people playing it, that's some projection. Also I don't see a reason in stopping players from /spit. There's no point in it, because if players want to they can just macro up a /point /rofl. And there's /ignore if you don't like the person doing it.
    I didn't accuse you of doing the harassing only supporting it. Lol. Using your logic right there you think I've done the sexual assault at Blizzard since you claim I support it. Right? Spit in an online game isn't harassment but constantly doing it towards people on a specific mount is harassment. But instead of applying that thinking you are so fond of saying others lack you deliberately misinterpret it so you can make an insult about how hard life will be for a person.

I don't get to decide what people do with there free time. Blizzard does with their products and they did. Which means your 2, and 4 objections are even sillier.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    The /spitting is also being done by consenting adults.

By playing the game, you're consenting to whatever emotes a player decides to use on you. Don't like it? Don't play the game.
    No, it's not.

You never signed any document nor ticked any box under an on-line rule set that stated that random strangers will be allowed to degrade you and spit on you. And claiming that it's somewhat logical and rational that by entering an on-line game you are agreeing to being harassed is just crazy. Stop reaching.

If a certain emote starts being used as means to harass others, which it clearly is by the way - you are just arguing that it's a good thing to do, then the dev controlling the game should either ban everyone using it, or remove it. The solution was/is simple.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Is it tho? When I was in goldshire on certain realms there always were people who would force their sexual stuff on innocent RP players (druid spamming sit in catform to hump female characters etc.) Or the countless sexual whispers you get there if you are playing a female character.

Entering goldshire inn isnt really consent to getting harassed imho.

Wouldnt suprise me if 80% of the people visiting goldshire are infact blizzard employees lul.
    People who force their sexual stuff on others get banned upon being reported. This has never been allowed and GMs have always taken swift action in any such cases.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

15+ Year Old Account
    You did, literally right here.
    It was used in the general sense and not in the specific sense. I am not telling people what to do with their free time only suggesting something they should consider given their views. It is weird that you take issue with that when you've spent the afternoon/evening trying to tell me I was supporting sexual harassment. You again show that rules for you are different from rules for others.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    PvPers are the most oppressed group of people in WoW. If you didn't spit on your enemies after killing them, what's wrong with you?
    For this very reason I had a char called Spitonyou as I could do spitonyou 'spits on you'

Had it for years, then got a 3 day ban and had to name change as too many people complained.....wankers.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why shouldn't those people be protected from harassment though?
    Oh no, someone /spit at me, the horror.

Seriously, that is pathetic. It's one thing if someone is whispering you shit, but we gotta put on gloves now because of a dumb emote?

Granted I've not read through every post here, but this stinks of blame shifting...
    "We gave players tools to RP with, and they made them abusive" whilst ignoring the systemic abuses happening in house.

Fix the culture of the real meatspace people involved in this, then address the game...

Anything else screams deflection

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the news coming out they should prolly focus more on getting rid of /hug lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Wewlad View Post
    Oh no, someone /spit at me, the horror.

Seriously, that is pathetic. It's one thing if someone is whispering you shit, but we gotta put on gloves now because of a dumb emote?
    Eh it'll balance out eventually. Censorship always results in counter movements in free society, and sooner or later the common folk will realize the feeling police make oldschool Christianity look like a bastion of free thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

15+ Year Old Account
    And yet you're still not understanding what's being said, even though I've broken this down for you several times. Good day.
    It isn't a lack of understanding it is simply that you are wrong. Just because you disagree does not automatically make you correct. You took a statement out of context in order to get a "Gotcha" moment. You even acknowledged that my statement had to removed from its context and applied to a different context for your claim to work. You are not holding me to my own beliefs because I never said anything about sexual harassment and you don't even believe those claims yourself which further shows how shallow your out of context application is.

Continuing to play a game where you disagree with core design decisions for over a decade shows that those things you don't like are not a big deal. Which means there is no reason to support toxic behavior like /spit against people that use things that involve those decisions you disagree with. If it was a big deal they would have long since stopped playing. But as usual is the case with a lot of haters of WoW they can't bring themselves to quit even though they are unhappy.

That does not in any way mean that you have to support sexual harassment by continuing to play the game. Just as you do not support it by continuing to use a forum name, avatar, and location based of the IP of a company that has a sexual harassment problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wewlad View Post
    Oh no, someone /spit at me, the horror. Seriously, that is pathetic. It's one thing if someone is whispering you shit, but we gotta put on gloves now because of a dumb emote?
    So repeated use over and over is not equivalent to "Some is whispering you"? You don't have to put on gloves because of an emote. You just have to stop using it to harass others. Which you agree with given your comment about whisper but won't actually agree with openly. Weird right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deezlar View Post
    Granted I've not read through every post here, but this stinks of blame shifting... "We gave players tools to RP with, and they made them abusive" whilst ignoring the systemic abuses happening in house.
    Are you not blame shifting as well? Ignoring the players that are bad because Blizzard has worse problem in house? You don't have to give one group a free pass just because another group is worse.

Removing spit is a triple level pathetic action.

1. There are a GAZILLION other ways to show your disdain for other players. More emotes or you can just just you know TELL them direct insults via chat. Removing this emote is accomplishes nothing and is obviously just for show.

2. This is about keeping the cash shop humming. The spit campaign targeted people who bought a mount and they are going to baby those players the most because they make more money off them.

3. Doing this on the heels of the scandal is a deflection tactic. Their company is full of trash people doing trash things and this is their response? lol

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yes? And? You're still paying real money for an ingame mount that is ONLY available through spending real money.

My point is that nobody really cared about it back then, but nowadays, literally O N E mount gets added and everyone loses their minds and cries that TBC Classic is "literally retail now".

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

And the problem with banning one emote is that everyone who does this will just switch to a different emote.

What next, is Blizzard going to remove /slap? And then remove /rude? And then remove /laugh and /rofl? It's pointless.
    I agree that it's largely pointless, that's the worst thing I can say about it. Maybe this time there won't be a popular streamer encouraging his monkey brained fanboys to /slap or /fart or whatever on people who didn't spend their money in the exact way they wanted them to, so whatever successor emote is won't be as widespread.

Really my personal biggest takeaway from this is that the people who did /spit on someone for the heinous crime of having a mount are the biggest crybabies of them all and I can hardly muster any sympathy for them now.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Dunno why people keep saying this is being removed due to the store mount? man people really lack basic thinking skills, they are obviously going to remove it in retail also, it's just retail doesn't have a PTR patch yet.

I've been sitting here trying to think what will that accomplish
    Like when they said they were "combating toxicity" was this the kind of toxicity they were talking about? An emote? Lmao