Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Imagine being anything but indifferent to this news...

When you hear "symbolic/woke" changes/ performative activism from someone or some group,

it is always to hide REAL bad behaviour/harassment/exploitation going up behind the scenes.

It's EXACTLY the same... as someone going to the church every day (performative religious action) in order to hide him/her doing evil stuff (exploiting employees, family violence etc.)..

So my take on these general "anti-toxicity in game changes" is that the people who implement them and advertise them as "combating harassment" have some serious skeletons in their closet of doing IRL evil stuff.

These "symbolic woke in game changes" are not just "silly"...

They are red flags of people trying to cover evil IRL actions..

Exactly what happened during BLIZZCON... "LGBT pins" to cover employee exploitation, IRL harassment, rape, buttplugs, suicide... And it all came in the surface years later...

Quote Originally Posted by darkmankill1 View Post
    The slippery slope of censorship... I want to speak but I have no mouth.
    There is no censroship here. Removing an way to harass and bully other [;layers does not = censorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis-GR View Post
    When you hear "symbolic/woke" changes/ performative activism from someone or some group,

it is always to hide REAL bad behaviour/harassment/exploitation going up behind the scenes.

It's EXACTLY the same... as someone going to the church every day (performative religious action) in order to hide him/her doing evil stuff (exploiting employees, family violence etc.)..

So my take on these general "anti-toxicity in game changes" is that the people who implement them and advertise them as "combating harassment" have some serious skeletons in their closet of doing IRL evil stuff.

Exactly what happened during BLIZZCON... "LGBT pins" to cover employee exploitation, IRL harassment, rape, buttplugs, suicide... And it all came in the surface years later...
    Wait, what's now wrong with buttplugs?

next step death knight will be renamed to unhappy knight to please censorship
    oh wait ...
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Please prevent killing other people alltogether. Make them lose all but 1 HP instead of killing them in PvP and more like "faint out" instead of dying.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    In some way i want to stop support these woke companies.

Then again i still like WoW but i see more and more agenda pushing in this game aswell.
    You really see the crazy lefties getting more and more power in entertainment and pop culture and destroying it into the ground.
    Imagine actually caring about this......

Insane people love being offended by anything and everything and creating outrage about it - even the most insignificant things.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    In some way i want to stop support these woke companies.

Then again i still like WoW but i see more and more agenda pushing in this game aswell.
    You really see the crazy lefties getting more and more power in entertainment and pop culture and destroying it into the ground.
    I will never understand how "you shouldn't harass /be a dick to people" becomes a "crazy left" idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    How does this matter when the mount you want cant be earned ingame?
    WoW token exists.
    Use gold to buy the mount.

Why does it matter that there's store mounts when you can't buy the prestige mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I will never understand how "you shouldn't harass /be a dick to people" becomes a "crazy left" idea.
    I will never understand how the usage of an emote can be considered harassment.

Someone steals an ore / herb in front of me because i aggro'd some mob?
    Yep, that's a /spit.
    WoW token exists.

Why does it matter that there's store mounts when you can't buy the prestige mounts?
    WoW Token exists.
    Use gold to buy a boost for those prestigeous mounts.

Disregarding that i find the concept of "I see something ingame, i want to earn it by playing the game" pretty simple.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-08-02 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    /spit and killing your character are both make-believe. I'm assuming they will take all of the quest objectives where you straight up torture characters out? Oh right that too is make-believe.

Everything is harassment if you're this soft.

I'm sorry for harassing you by quoting you. I'm sure it was offensive.

I will never understand how the usage of an emote can be considered harassment.

Someone steals an ore / herb in front of me because i aggro'd some mob?
    Yep, that's a /spit.

WoW Token exists.
    Use gold to buy a boost.

Disregarding that i find the concept of "I see something ingame, i want to earn it by playing the game" pretty simple.
    If you don't see how spit can be used as harassment still at this point, it's just being dishonest.

There's literally a weakaura/addon to autospit on people, that's beyond being extreme and literally the definition of harassment.

Second point, shouldn't have to point out that isn't the same as buying it from the shop. Granted neither is using gold to buy the store mounts but the point still stands overall that there is still prestige mounts that can't be bought from the store. Good luck buying solo rewards though like if they do mage tower stuff again?

And that sounds like entitlement to me.

If you don't see how spit can be used as harassment still at this point, it's just being dishonest.
    It's not about being dishonest, it's about knowing how people react to stuff like that.

People are just going to move to a different emote, then what?
    Ban those, too?

I said it earlier, you can ban the emote, but you can't ban the thought behind it.
    There's literally a weakaura/addon to autospit on people, that's beyond being extreme and literally the definition of harassment.
    No, it's not.

Replace that WA with /fart; /insult; /frown or any other emote that has a "negative" perception, is your response to ban those as well?
    You realize what sort of rabbit hole you are going down there?

If that WA would actually automatically /follow people and continue to use the emote, it crosses the line, because then people can't even get away from it without going out of their way.

Heck, even if you want to make a fuss about that WA, how about you ban the usage of emotes from WA's entirely?
    Not my ideal solution, but the removal of one emote is just a facade and essentially just riles people up to look for alternatives and to abuse them until you're back at square one and have to remove the next emote as well.

If somebody seriously fucks me over in the game, i want to /spit on them to display my serious disapproval of their actions, this has nothing to do with harassment.
    Second point, shouldn't have to point out that isn't the same as buying it from the shop.
    Mate, you talk about dishonesty but make a fuss because an extra step of buying the gold from Blizzard is added?

To get this straight:
    Buy ingame reward for real money : Not allowed because RMT
    Buy the WoW token for real money, sell it and then pay a booster with the gold: Completely fine

If you honestly believe that makes a serious difference, then you are out of your mind.
    Good luck buying solo rewards though like if they do mage tower stuff again?
    I would concede that if the majority of (prestigeous) rewards in WoW were based on solo content, but they're not.
    The most prestigeous rewards, especially mounts, are pretty much coming from multiplayer content.
    (Mythic) Raids
    Arena

Heck, you can even buy rarespawn mounts nowadays.

The Mager Tower has been in the grand scheme of things, an exception, solo challenges have remained quite rare in WoW.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by MKGulantik View Post
    "Sexual harassment is okay.

A meaningless emote isn't, especially against those who buy our store mounts."
    Let's be honest all these cry baby bitches and their feelings have been ruining society for years, it was only a matter of time before it infiltrated our games. Pretty soon I'll get a 3 day ban for camping some crybaby bitch on a PvP server after they tried jumping me because "feelings".

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis-GR View Post

You made all those assumption based off an emote. Gotta love armchair psychologists.

Fun fact, it suspiciously happened after players gathered together to /spit on the Afrasiabi npc in Stormwind as a form of protest.

- - - Updated - - -

WoW token exists.

Its because it's not harassment. Its orange text in a video game. If anyone feels harassed by that, id argue they shouldnt be allowed online and should probably see a therapist.
    Last edited by ellieg; 2021-08-02 at 05:01 PM.

I feel like we can all agree, this is the Right step of stopping all the sexual harassment of the women in the work place....

To remove /spit in classic tbc

Replace that WA with /fart; /insult; /frown or any other emote that has a "negative" perception, is your response to ban those as well?
    You realize what sort of rabbit hole you are going down there?
    You seriously don't get it, do you?

Yes, if you start using weakaura/addons with other emotes they will be deactivated on players as well.

If you had kept to manually /spitting on players with the mount nothing would have changed. But no, you had to automate it. So here we are. Your auto/spit is gone. As will be your auto/fart and auto/insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Oh my god… who the hell cares?
    Everyone taking to this thread to whine about it apparently.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Its because it's not harassment. Its orange text in a video game. If anyone feels harassed by that, id argue they shouldnt be allowed online and should probably see a therapist.
    Honestly this, if someone is so offended by some orange text in a videogame how are they going to feel after i camp them until the log out.