Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ...
17
25
26
27
28
29
37
... LastLast
  1. #521
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    Honestly this, if someone is so offended by some orange text in a videogame how are they going to feel after i camp them until the log out.
    You clearly know how it will make them feel because that is the entire reason why you camp someone until they log out. Camping has always been a fine line between harassment and "game play". Text in a video game can be harassment. Text online can be harassment. Anything can be harassment if it is done enough times for the right reasons. I could @ user names and get an infraction for abusing the system because it is an annoyance and harassment to do it multiple times for no reason.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  2. #522
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's not about being dishonest, it's about knowing how people react to stuff like that.

    People are just going to move to a different emote, then what?
    Ban those, too?

    I said it earlier, you can ban the emote, but you can't ban the thought behind it.
    Uh huh.
    That's why people moved on to spamming something other than "gg ez" in overwatch right?
    Or hearthstone changed to spamming another emote right after sorry was removed, right?

    There's literally a track record for this actually making a difference that you can actually see as an average player. Yeah I still come across some people who spam emotes in HS, but it's far less frequent than it ever was when the sorry emote was around.

    And it's pretty clear it does make a difference if blizzard is sticking by the same strategy. Criticize them all you want, but they wouldn't repeat the same exact action if it didn't see results.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If that WA would actually automatically /follow people and continue to use the emote, it crosses the line, because then people can't even get away from it without going out of their way.
    Not how this works.
    Then you'd see the excuse of "just log out then!".

    The moment someone has to take extra steps out of what they're doing to have to mitigate the actions of another like this, it's going too far.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If somebody seriously fucks me over in the game, i want to /spit on them to display my serious disapproval of their actions, this has nothing to do with harassment.
    That's nice. Not how the emote is being used obviously if they have to take actions, but rest assured that there's plenty of other emotes to show annoyance without spit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Mate, you talk about dishonesty but make a fuss because an extra step of buying the gold from Blizzard is added?
    Because buying gold with the wow token doesn't immediately guarantee a carry.

    Buying a wow token with gold does guarantee the store mount.

    It's as simple as that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    To get this straight:
    Buy ingame reward for real money : Not allowed because RMT
    Buy the WoW token for real money, sell it and then pay a booster with the gold: Completely fine

    If you honestly believe that makes a serious difference, then you are out of your mind.
    Not what was being discussed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I would concede that if the majority of (prestigeous) rewards in WoW were based on solo content, but they're not.
    The most prestigeous rewards, especially mounts, are pretty much coming from multiplayer content.
    (Mythic) Raids
    Arena

    Heck, you can even buy rarespawn mounts nowadays.

    The Mager Tower has been in the grand scheme of things, an exception, solo challenges have remained quite rare in WoW.
    You can also get rare mounts just by waiting in the secret finder discord. So what?

    Also there's usually solo challenges, dunno what you're talking about. There's not always tons, but they usually exist.

    The Faceless One title from BfA.
    Mage Tower as pointed out.
    There's achievements that are mostly geared towards solo too but can be done in a small group, like the meta achievements for new zones.

    I mean, good luck finding a carry for Korthias zone achievement I guess?

    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Its because it's not harassment. Its orange text in a video game. If anyone feels harassed by that, id argue they shouldnt be allowed online and should probably see a therapist.
    Well I'm glad you're not in charge then, because that's not what determines if something is harassment or not.

  3. #523
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    Honestly this, if someone is so offended by some orange text in a videogame how are they going to feel after i camp them until the log out.
    Every time I see stuff like this I'm just reminded of the Tyler the creator quote on cyber bullying lol. Some ppl really are weak and im honestly disgusted to share any DNA with them

  4. #524
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Every time I see stuff like this I'm just reminded of the Tyler the creator quote on cyber bullying lol. Some ppl really are weak and im honestly disgusted to share any DNA with them
    A lack of empathy isn't exactly something to brag about.

  5. #525
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Well I'm glad you're not in charge then, because that's not what determines if something is harassment or not.

    I'm guessing only people who think like you get to decide that, right? Feels a lot like CEOs approving each other's bonusses because they all think the same way.

    If you buy a mount that you know should not be in Classic then don't go crying about any consequences. Just because Blizzard put in it the game to milk money from the whales does not mean you had to buy it.

  6. #526
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    A lack of empathy isn't exactly something to brag about.
    Empathizing with people who go into panic attacks over orange text isn't either lol.

  7. #527
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    8.6 LY away from home
    Posts
    931
    Some countries are now arresting and charging people for online 'offenses'. Blizzard should probably remove ALL emotes that could possibly be construed as offensive.

  8. #528
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    If you buy a mount that you know should not be in Classic then don't go crying about any consequences. Just because Blizzard put in it the game to milk money from the whales does not mean you had to buy it.
    So it is okay to harass them just because they bought something Blizzard offered? No one should expect to get harassed in-game just for doing normal game stuff. That is a hallmark of toxic behavior and everything should be done to put a stop to it. You just gave a free pass to toxicity because it aligns with your view and you are upset over the choices Blizzard made.

    So why not actually hurt them by not subscribing to classic if you feel that strongly about the way they are designing it? Right. That would actually require a sacrifice on your part where being toxic to others won't cost you a thing until it is officially stopped by Blizzard.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  9. #529
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    I'm guessing only people who think like you get to decide that, right? Feels a lot like CEOs approving each other's bonusses because they all think the same way.

    If you buy a mount that you know should not be in Classic then don't go crying about any consequences. Just because Blizzard put in it the game to milk money from the whales does not mean you had to buy it.
    Yeah dude, the people buying the Deluxe Edition of Classic definitely buy it specifically because they know it's not "supposed to be in the game." They deserve to be harassed!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Empathizing with people who go into panic attacks over orange text isn't either lol.
    Brother you don't get to be arbiter of what is and isn't acceptable in an online community.

  10. #530
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    If you had kept to manually /spitting on players with the mount nothing would have changed. But no, you had to automate it. So here we are. Your auto/spit is gone. As will be your auto/fart and auto/insult.
    They removed the manual /spit, no idea whether the auto emotes still work.

    For someone who's talks about "not getting it", you don't even have your fact straight.

    Just so drive that point further, literally said in my post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Heck, even if you want to make a fuss about that WA, how about you ban the usage of emotes from WA's entirely?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Or hearthstone changed to spamming another emote right after sorry was removed, right?
    I'm not seeing any difference between spamming any of those emote, especially when the sorry emote was sarcastically used.
    Personally, recall that people preferred to spam hello emote, still have nightmares from "greetings traveller".
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And it's pretty clear it does make a difference if blizzard is sticking by the same strategy. Criticize them all you want, but they wouldn't repeat the same exact action if it didn't see results.
    Is there any actual proof that it is working?

    Blizzard further limiting the ability to interact with players surely isn't proof of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Not how this works.
    Then you'd see the excuse of "just log out then!".
    I think there is a huge difference between an action that can be entirely resolved by /ignore and an action that requires you to not play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The moment someone has to take extra steps out of what they're doing to have to mitigate the actions of another like this, it's going too far.
    By that logic, virtually any interaction between players should be removed because they could lead to "harassment" and expecting to /ignore others is seemingly too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That's nice. Not how the emote is being used obviously if they have to take actions.
    Sure, they take action because they have virtue signal, not get any resources to make any *actual change and because the "discriminated" audience are more valueable than the average player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Because buying gold with the wow token doesn't immediately guarantee a carry.
    As long as you have enough gold, you will get a carry, if you pay up and they fail to deliver the service, you can even get Blizzard to intervene.
    Like any people making off with gold or mats without providing the agreed upon service.

    It's not like you have trouble finding boosts nowadays, they even advertise in channels where they're not supposed to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You can also get rare mounts just by waiting in the secret finder discord. So what?
    That you have to wait yourself, check the discord and not just pay a person to get it ready for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Also there's usually solo challenges, dunno what you're talking about. There's not always tons, but they usually exist.
    Considering that their number pales in front of the multiplayer challenges and said multiplayer ones are far more prestigeous, that's damn ignorant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, good luck finding a carry for Korthias zone achievement I guess?
    Yes, let us equate a Mythic or Gladiator mount with an outdoor zone mount.

    "See that guy? He has a Gladiator mount!"
    "Fuck Gladiator mounts, i got my Nazjatar crab!"
    Is this how you think the average player reacts?
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-08-02 at 07:22 PM.

  11. #531
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So it is okay to harass them just because they bought something Blizzard offered? No one should expect to get harassed in-game just for doing normal game stuff. That is a hallmark of toxic behavior and everything should be done to put a stop to it. You just gave a free pass to toxicity because it aligns with your view and you are upset over the choices Blizzard made.

    So why not actually hurt them by not subscribing to classic if you feel that strongly about the way they are designing it? Right. That would actually require a sacrifice on your part where being toxic to others won't cost you a thing until it is officially stopped by Blizzard.

    Beautiful assumption again but I don't play Classic and never have, nor have I ever used /spit on anyone since Vanilla. I have been spit on plenty of times but I can safely say it has never impacted my mental health, because you know... it's just a game.

    However, I am a firm believer of action vs consequences and in this case the action started with Blizzard's cash grab, then the people using the store mount knowing full well it's not part of the Classic premise, and then people using /spit. The people who are using the store mount are just as guilty of harassment by ruining the Classic experience for everyone else around them. It's a virtual mount vs a virtual spit and you can't convince me one is worse than the other. Yet somehow it's the active /spit protest that is being punished. That's why I'm against /spit being removed.

    And the whole argument about simply using something Blizzard offered just makes it seem like no one is accountable. Would you accept a beer from a passenger while driving a car? It was offered but you can be damned sure there will be consequences for those around you if you use it. And yes this is an extreme case but all cases start small before they get bigger... especially when no one is held accountable.

  12. #532
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    And the whole argument about simply using something Blizzard offered just makes it seem like no one is accountable. Would you accept a beer from a passenger while driving a car? It was offered but you can be damned sure there will be consequences for those around you if you use it. And yes this is an extreme case but all cases start small before they get bigger... especially when no one is held accountable.
    The fact that you somehow equate driving while intoxicated with buying a fucking mount in a video game is absolutely all the proof anybody needs to understand that your opinion on this matter is so far removed from reality that it's barely worth addressing. Your mindset is repulsive.

  13. #533
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    Beautiful assumption again but I don't play Classic and never have, nor have I ever used /spit on anyone since Vanilla. I have been spit on plenty of times but I can safely say it has never impacted my mental health, because you know... it's just a game.
    It doesn't matter if you play classic or not. You are still playing retail which means you are still supporting the actions of Blizzard right? Why is it that it is okay to harass other players to send a message but you won't send Blizzard that message yourself?

    The action started with a streamer and players. Nothing Blizzard will every do warrants harassing other players. Blizzard cash grabs have existed since day 1. It is why we have merchandise, CE editions, TCG loot cards, and all the other things. You don't care about the cash grabs because you won't even quit Retail that has a lot more of them.

    And look how you shift the blame on to those who are playing the game the way Blizzard designed it instead of putting the blame on the people doing the harassment. The abusers are never the victim. Lmao. Drunk Driving is equal to using a mount in a game? Lmao. The players are not the ones who need to be held accountable it is Blizzard. You know the ones who sold the mount? The ones who design the game you are playing?

    And yet you think it is better to harass players instead of actually holding the responsible parties accountable. Toxicity at its finest.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  14. #534
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It doesn't matter if you play classic or not. You are still playing retail which means you are still supporting the actions of Blizzard right? Why is it that it is okay to harass other players to send a message but you won't send Blizzard that message yourself?

    The action started with a streamer and players. Nothing Blizzard will every do warrants harassing other players. Blizzard cash grabs have existed since day 1. It is why we have merchandise, CE editions, TCG loot cards, and all the other things. You don't care about the cash grabs because you won't even quit Retail that has a lot more of them.

    And look how you shift the blame on to those who are playing the game the way Blizzard designed it instead of putting the blame on the people doing the harassment. The abusers are never the victim. Lmao. Drunk Driving is equal to using a mount in a game? Lmao. The players are not the ones who need to be held accountable it is Blizzard. You know the ones who sold the mount? The ones who design the game you are playing?

    And yet you think it is better to harass players instead of actually holding the responsible parties accountable. Toxicity at its finest.
    Why should I send a message over something that I do not believe is harassment? Just because a few players see some extra orange text in a small box doesn't automatically make it harassment. Unless of course I've missed a new law somewhere. You are right about 1 thing though, I don't care about the cash grab store personally, but I acknowledge and accept that there are players who do. I also acknowledge there are/were a lot of people trying to play the Classic experience as they thought it was intended but can't because of the store mounts running around.

    Since the the drunk driving example was a bit extreme, I'll try a simpler one: You're on an airplane and everyone around you is using the standard headphones to watch a movie, except 1 person. He decided to buy tax-free speakers and is listening to loud music, ruining whatever everyone else is watching or listening to. At some point people start throwing peanuts at him so he complains about it and as a result, no one gets anymore snacks for the rest of the flight. Meanwhile he turns up the volume even more because he now knows that complaining works.

    So who would be the real villain in this case?

    It all boils down to a fundamental difference in sides here. On the one side we have people who don't feel it was needed to remove /spit because of a few complaining players. While the other side will call anyone toxic and pro-harassment just because they disagree with their own side. (which of course, is pretty toxic as well)

  15. #535
    My main issue with all of this is shaped by my experience in TBCC. Not once did i see crying in chat about the mount - not once did i see anyone spitting on people using the mount. I did dungeons with boosted toons, I did dungeons on my boosted toon - no one said anything, no one cared. I dont pay much attention at all to any emoted being thrown around, but I will say that really, many of them could be deemed 'offensive' when used in certain context.

    Some people are foolishly trying to say it is offensive because of the comparison to the action IRL - but that doesnt hold up at all - what about all the other things we can do in game that could be deemed offensive? What about t-bagging corpses? One person said the emote is offensive because it is essentially "taunting or mocking" the other person. Even when I pointed out that /taunt and /mock literally exist in game, they said "yeah, but its not physically SPITTING on someone" - well neither is just typing /spit.

    If they have a problem with this so called 'movement' of people /spitting on anyone with the mount, then the emote is NOT important - it could have been /chicken, or /golfclap or /mock and the result would have been the same. Again, I never witnessed any "harassment" at all using /spit or any other emote, but it probably did happen in small doses on other realms, although im equally as certain it is grossly exaggerated.

    The claim of "harassment is harassment" indicates the /spit emote is NOT the problem, not at all, but rather a fractured culture in game caused by a situation of the Haves, and the Have Not's - one that Blizzard created. Im not saying Blizzard should not have introduced the mount, but they certainly created the situation where this fracture occurred, and from reading most of these comments, most of those against the removal dont give a shit about the emote itself, but rather Blizzards actions, especially when compared to their current legal battles. Blizzard create situation - people are outraged - Blizzard blame the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    you have to be a moron to of said .

  16. #536
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    Why should I send a message over something that I do not believe is harassment?
    You just got done saying how terrible it is that Blizzard has a for pay mount in TBC-C. If you don't actually believe it then stop trying to use it as a reason for outrage. You are saying it is okay to harass players. Your airline example is flawed because the flight attendants would put a stop to blaring the speaker and can actually have the person arrested for failing to comply. It isn't up to the passengers to enforce airline rules. Buying the mount from Blizzard is also not something is against the rules or impacts you as a player in any way shape or form.

    It isn't surprising that you keep using flawed examples to support being toxic to other players. Yet think you are being called toxic and pro-harassment just because people disagree with you. No you are being called toxic because you are supporting toxic behavior and see nothing wrong with that toxic behavior. It isn't toxic to call out toxic behavior. But if someone actually was saying you are toxic just because you disagree with them then yes that would be toxic. But that isn't the case at all here and you should know that.

    TBC had "store mounts" in the from of loot cards purchased from the TCG. So the concept of selling mounts, or other items, for money is something that was present back during TBC. The real villian here is you, and anyone else, that harasses players or supports the harassment of players. It is that simple. If you are upset at Blizzard then take it out on Blizzard. Taking it out on players does nothing but to soothe your ego.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  17. #537
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post

    Brother you don't get to be arbiter of what is and isn't acceptable in an online community.
    In this context, only Blizzard do - my issue isnt with the removal of some silly emote, its with them causing the issue, then blaming the community for it - something all to familiar from them right at the moment. I think it sets a dangerous precedent - 'if enough of you say something offends you, we will remove it from the game'. Thats the only thing that concerns me - them blaming the community, and where will they draw the line?
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    you have to be a moron to of said .

  18. #538
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Blizzard create situation - people are outraged - Blizzard blame the community.
    To be fair, that's one of the few things that Blizzard still delivers at a steady pace.

  19. #539
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    To be fair, that's one of the few things that Blizzard still delivers at a steady pace.
    HAHA, fair call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    you have to be a moron to of said .

  20. #540
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    In this context, only Blizzard do - my issue isnt with the removal of some silly emote, its with them causing the issue, then blaming the community for it - something all to familiar from them right at the moment. I think it sets a dangerous precedent - 'if enough of you say something offends you, we will remove it from the game'. Thats the only thing that concerns me - them blaming the community, and where will they draw the line?
    There are two ways to take your comment. One is blaming Blizzard for putting it into the game in the first place. That is silly and means they can remove it at any time with out issue. The second is talking about the mount in TBC and blaming Blizzard for causing players to use this emote as harassment which is again silly. Because it is the fault of players and more importantly the streamer that called for that specific form of harassment.

    It also in no way sets a precedent that hasn't already existed. Blizzard has always made changes based on whatever they wanted to do. If they felt something was going against the "spirit of the game" they would put a stop to it. They are not blaming the community in any fashion. Have you seen an official comment where they put blame on the community? Or is that just BS you and others invent so you can create a scapegoat for toxic attitudes?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •