Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    I don't see anyone else besides you not understanding how your metaphor is garbage, so there is no "Us." but I'm bored so sure, why not.

One, you're mistaking theater owner with the play's director.
    Two, if you want comparable things, think of a player using a mount to affect gameplay, either negatively for other players or somehow to gain unfair advantages in their own/others gameplay.
    Three, as you seem to be implying, this is a professional play and thus the actors would be following a set wardrobe. If they're breaking that by wearing that red shirt, the director would be well within their right to replace the actor/actors.
    One, Theater Owner = Activision, Director = Blizzard
    Two, there has never been talk about unfair advantage with the store mount in the entire thread so not sure where that is coming from. It's solely about breaking immersion and the perceived purpose of Classic.
    Three, the actors should indeed have used the set wardrobe (aka only mounts that were in the original TBC) and The Director (Blizzard) could/should indeed have replaced them or punished them... but they didn't. Instead they removed the popular way to protest for anyone not wearing a red shirt, just like what is happening with /spit. Now if it were an amateur play then no one on either side has the right to complain or be subjected to punishment.

Thanks for actually trying and providing arguments despite the dismissive tone.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    And as I told you before, I never claimed to be the arbiter. But just as before, I'm requesting you post any quote from me where I claimed to be such an arbiter lol.
    FFS my guy, you literally said it yourself: "Obviously everyone wishes their opinions were the universally accepted ones." That's you. You can throw out your opinion as many times as you want but at no point is anybody else required to agree with it as you've repeatedly implied.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    FFS my guy, you literally said it yourself: "Obviously everyone wishes their opinions were the universally accepted ones." That's you. You can throw out your opinion as many times as you want but at no point is anybody else required to agree with it as you've repeatedly implied.
    And once again friend, I never claimed you or anyone else is required to agree.

I can post my opinion. You can post that you dont agree with it, ignore it, post your own opinion. But responding to my opinion, telling me I'm not things I haven't claimed to be, is pointless and just spam.

That's how forums work. People go on, read a topic, post their opinion. Someone might reply to that. You debate a bit and try to get ppl to see your point a view.

Never once did I claim to be the arbiter of truth. Never once did I claim that blizz needs to consult me. Never once did I say or imply anyone is required to agree with me.

BTW, you're not the queen of England.

And once again friend, I never claimed you or anyone else is required to agree.

I can post my opinion. You can post that you dont agree with it, ignore it, post your own opinion. But responding to my opinion, telling me I'm not things I haven't claimed to be, is pointless and just spam.

That's how forums work. People go on, read a topic, post their opinion. Someone might reply to that. You debate a bit and try to get ppl to see your point a view.

Never once did I claim to be the arbiter of truth. Never once did I claim that blizz needs to consult me. Never once did I say or imply anyone is required to agree with me.

BTW, you're not the queen of England.
    ...this is absurd. My comment about you being the arbiter of what constitutes harassment in this video game was a dig at your repeated attempts at validation of your (fairly insensitive) opinion. That's not cool. You shouldn't do that. You're free to do it if you want but that doesn't make your opinion any less shitty (imo). There's only so many times I can break this down for you before it becomes entirely pointless so I'm just gonna tap out here.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    ...this is absurd. My comment about you being the arbiter of what constitutes harassment in this video game was a dig at your repeated attempts at validation of your (fairly insensitive) opinion. That's not cool. You shouldn't do that. You're free to do it if you want but that doesn't make your opinion any less shitty (imo). There's only so many times I can break this down for you before it becomes entirely pointless so I'm just gonna tap out here.

Have a nice day.
    You have a nice day as well. If it makes you feel better, I dont believe im the arbiter of what constitutes harassment (hence why I never claimed that). Hopefully you can avoid orange text today, I know some people are sensitive to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    You have a nice day as well. If it makes you feel better, I dont believe im the arbiter of what constitutes harassment (hence why I never claimed that). Hopefully you can avoid orange text today, I know some people are sensitive to it.
    You mean harassment. It isn't about the color of text but about the actions it is used for. For someone who doesn't think you can bully online you sure seem to be salty over attempts to stop it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You mean harassment. It isn't about the color of text but about the actions it is used for. For someone who doesn't think you can bully online you sure seem to be salty over attempts to stop it.
    They could make the text pink green or white and it still wouldn't be harassment lol. If you feel harassed, online, on a computer in your home, on a video game with an ignore function especially, I hope that nothing too difficult comes your way in real life and that if something does, you have someone's shoulder to cry on and comfort you. And I sincerely mean that. Too precious to wish harm on those kinds

15+ Year Old Account
    They could make the text pink green or white and it still wouldn't be harassment lol. If you feel harassed, online, on a computer in your home, on a video game with an ignore function especially, I hope that nothing too difficult comes your way in real life and that if something does, you have someone's shoulder to cry on and comfort you. And I sincerely mean that. Too precious to wish harm on those kinds
    How can harassment exist in real life when you can just walk away? The fact you keep turning to insults to make points shows that you are fully aware that harassment can occur online. You just can't accept it. Probably because more often then not you are the one doing it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

How can harassment exist in real life when you can just walk away? The fact you keep turning to insults to make points shows that you are fully aware that harassment can occur online. You just can't accept it. Probably because more often then not you are the one doing it.
    I'm not insulting you lol. Maybe thats why u think text is harassment.

On a computer u can type /ignore
    You can log off
    Yiu can turn your computer off
    You can close your eyes lmao

In real life you CAN walk away. Unless theu follow you. Which is when it becomes harassment. There's also the threat of violence in real life. Sonething not present in a /spit emote on a video game.

On a computer u can type /ignore
    You can log off
    Yiu can turn your computer off
    You can close your eyes lmao

In real life you CAN walk away. Unless theu follow you. Which is when it becomes harassment. There's also the threat of violence in real life. Sonething not present in a /spit emote on a video game.
    I wouldn't bother responding anymore. Some people can't be saved or reasoned with. It's either their way or you don't deserve to live.

15+ Year Old Account
    Saying some one needs a safe space in life simply because they don't agree with you online is making an insult. Why are you so afraid of acknowledging what your words are? Can't you just keep walking away in real life? Can't you just stop listening? Can't you just leave when a person makes a threat of violence? You keep making arbitrary rules for what is and is not harassment. Simply because you are toxic in a lot of your approach online and you are afraid of being labeled such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    I wouldn't bother responding anymore. Some people can't be saved or reasoned with. It's either their way or you don't deserve to live.
    You think people want you to die just because they don't hold your opinion? And you think that people harassed with/spit are overly sensitive? Lol.

Virtual harassment is not the same as real-life harassment. You getting offended by something you read online is entirely your own choice, it has nothing to do with harassment. Online harassment would be someone continously stalking you and spamming you despite your efforts to hide yourself from it. If you actively seek it out, it's not harassment.

Otherwise i could call out most people in this forum for harassing me with their stupid-ass comments.

Saying some one needs a safe space in life simply because they don't agree with you online is making an insult. Why are you so afraid of acknowledging what your words are? Can't you just keep walking away in real life? Can't you just stop listening? Can't you just leave when a person makes a threat of violence? You keep making arbitrary rules for what is and is not harassment. Simply because you are toxic in a lot of your approach online and you are afraid of being labeled such.
    Wishing someone a shoulder to cry on and comfort them is not an insult. If you are soft enough to feel harassed by an emote, im sure they would appreciate that.

When you can't escape, and there is threat of violence, that's when its harassment. Playing a video game and seeing orange text "player spits on you" is nowhere near the realm of harassment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Virtual harassment is not the same as real-life harassment. You getting offended by something you read online is entirely your own choice, it has nothing to do with harassment. Online harassment would be someone continously stalking you and spamming you despite your efforts to hide yourself from it. If you actively seek it out, it's not harassment.
    Which is what was happening with those who bought a mount. A weak aura was created to do it automatically when targeting a person. A streamer told his followers to do it as a form of protest. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Wishing someone a shoulder to cry on and comfort them is not an insult. If you are soft enough to feel harassed by an emote, im sure they would appreciate that. When you can't escape, and there is threat of violence, that's when its harassment. Playing a video game and seeing orange text "player spits on you" is nowhere near the realm of harassment.

Sure it is an insult. Because you are trying to make it sound like a person can't handle the world simply because they hold a different opinion then you.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is a huge difference between having a reason to kill them and camping them for hours. If people need to stuff their feelings then doesn't that apply to those doing the camping as well? That they need to stop having such feelings of revenge that lead to camping a person for hours? Everyone likes to call the victims overly sensitive, snowflakes, or giving in to their feelings while ignoring the people doing the harassment.

If you can't handle someone saying they are offended then that is an indication that you might be unable to manage your own feelings.
    Never said I couldn't handle anything and honestly I don't need a reason to camp someone. I mean hell back in original TBC I went to the Draenei starting area and just followed a level 2 around for like 4 hours just ice lancing everything so he couldn't level. I didn't need a reason, I was drinking beer and BSing with friends in vent. When questioned by a GM I told them I was farming gold. Eventually I found my self in the blasted lands with the elite demons with all my gear and hearth stone in my bank and my portals spells unlearned; my whole guild at the time was in tears. Point is I don't need a reason to do anything, I don't play to raid log I play to PvP be that in bgs/area or stir up shit in the open world. And if people get angry then oh well I don't really have any fucks to give because it's a game and I am having fun playing the way I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    It just makes me curious that ppl have led such easy lives that this is what they consider harassment. Id love to see how they'd react in an actual difficult life situation

- - - Updated - - -

Which is what was happening with those who bought a mount. A weak aura was created to do it automatically when targeting a person. A streamer told his followers to do it as a form of protest. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure it is an insult. Because you are trying to make it sound like a person can't handle the world simply because they hold a different opinion then you.
    I'm describing a soft person as soft.

Stop using the mount

Problem solved

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did you mean to reply to me? I never once mentioned camping and im definitely not offended
    I did mean to respond to you but perhaps I didn't understand the original context to your response to mine. I assumed you were saying you couldn't stand to share DNA with someone who would camp someone but perhaps you were saying you can't stand people who would cry over something like the /spit emote? I guess in hindsight I don't fully understand your original response to my comment. Either ways cheers and I hope you have a good rest of your day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    I didn't need a reason, I was drinking beer and BSing with friends in vent. When questioned by a GM I told them I was farming gold.

Right. Toxic players will be toxic and then lie about it to a GM. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, that might qualify as virtual harassment, the creation of said weak aura that is. However the /spit emote itself has nothing to with it. Might aswell have been any other emote. It's also easily avoidable, and really isnt disruptive of your game experience.

Again, if you get offended by seeing a bunch of people using an emote on you in-game, thats entirely your own choice. Offense is taken, not given.
    Last edited by Grimreaper; 2021-08-03 at 06:21 PM.