Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ...
23
31
32
33
34
35
43
... LastLast
  1. #641
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I'm not insulting you lol. Maybe thats why u think text is harassment.

    On a computer u can type /ignore
    You can log off
    Yiu can turn your computer off
    You can close your eyes lmao

    In real life you CAN walk away. Unless theu follow you. Which is when it becomes harassment. There's also the threat of violence in real life. Sonething not present in a /spit emote on a video game.
    I wouldn't bother responding anymore. Some people can't be saved or reasoned with. It's either their way or you don't deserve to live.

  2. #642
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I'm not insulting you lol. Maybe thats why u think text is harassment.
    Saying some one needs a safe space in life simply because they don't agree with you online is making an insult. Why are you so afraid of acknowledging what your words are? Can't you just keep walking away in real life? Can't you just stop listening? Can't you just leave when a person makes a threat of violence? You keep making arbitrary rules for what is and is not harassment. Simply because you are toxic in a lot of your approach online and you are afraid of being labeled such.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    I wouldn't bother responding anymore. Some people can't be saved or reasoned with. It's either their way or you don't deserve to live.
    You think people want you to die just because they don't hold your opinion? And you think that people harassed with/spit are overly sensitive? Lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #643
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    How can harassment exist in real life when you can just walk away? The fact you keep turning to insults to make points shows that you are fully aware that harassment can occur online. You just can't accept it. Probably because more often then not you are the one doing it.
    Virtual harassment is not the same as real-life harassment. You getting offended by something you read online is entirely your own choice, it has nothing to do with harassment. Online harassment would be someone continously stalking you and spamming you despite your efforts to hide yourself from it. If you actively seek it out, it's not harassment.

    Otherwise i could call out most people in this forum for harassing me with their stupid-ass comments.

  4. #644
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Saying some one needs a safe space in life simply because they don't agree with you online is making an insult. Why are you so afraid of acknowledging what your words are? Can't you just keep walking away in real life? Can't you just stop listening? Can't you just leave when a person makes a threat of violence? You keep making arbitrary rules for what is and is not harassment. Simply because you are toxic in a lot of your approach online and you are afraid of being labeled such.
    Wishing someone a shoulder to cry on and comfort them is not an insult. If you are soft enough to feel harassed by an emote, im sure they would appreciate that.

    When you can't escape, and there is threat of violence, that's when its harassment. Playing a video game and seeing orange text "player spits on you" is nowhere near the realm of harassment.

  5. #645
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Virtual harassment is not the same as real-life harassment. You getting offended by something you read online is entirely your own choice, it has nothing to do with harassment. Online harassment would be someone continously stalking you and spamming you despite your efforts to hide yourself from it. If you actively seek it out, it's not harassment.
    Which is what was happening with those who bought a mount. A weak aura was created to do it automatically when targeting a person. A streamer told his followers to do it as a form of protest. Lol.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Wishing someone a shoulder to cry on and comfort them is not an insult. If you are soft enough to feel harassed by an emote, im sure they would appreciate that. When you can't escape, and there is threat of violence, that's when its harassment. Playing a video game and seeing orange text "player spits on you" is nowhere near the realm of harassment.

    Sure it is an insult. Because you are trying to make it sound like a person can't handle the world simply because they hold a different opinion then you.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  6. #646
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    There is a huge difference between having a reason to kill them and camping them for hours. If people need to stuff their feelings then doesn't that apply to those doing the camping as well? That they need to stop having such feelings of revenge that lead to camping a person for hours? Everyone likes to call the victims overly sensitive, snowflakes, or giving in to their feelings while ignoring the people doing the harassment.

    If you can't handle someone saying they are offended then that is an indication that you might be unable to manage your own feelings.
    Never said I couldn't handle anything and honestly I don't need a reason to camp someone. I mean hell back in original TBC I went to the Draenei starting area and just followed a level 2 around for like 4 hours just ice lancing everything so he couldn't level. I didn't need a reason, I was drinking beer and BSing with friends in vent. When questioned by a GM I told them I was farming gold. Eventually I found my self in the blasted lands with the elite demons with all my gear and hearth stone in my bank and my portals spells unlearned; my whole guild at the time was in tears. Point is I don't need a reason to do anything, I don't play to raid log I play to PvP be that in bgs/area or stir up shit in the open world. And if people get angry then oh well I don't really have any fucks to give because it's a game and I am having fun playing the way I want to.

  7. #647
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    I wouldn't bother responding anymore. Some people can't be saved or reasoned with. It's either their way or you don't deserve to live.
    It just makes me curious that ppl have led such easy lives that this is what they consider harassment. Id love to see how they'd react in an actual difficult life situation

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Which is what was happening with those who bought a mount. A weak aura was created to do it automatically when targeting a person. A streamer told his followers to do it as a form of protest. Lol.

    - - - Updated - - -




    Sure it is an insult. Because you are trying to make it sound like a person can't handle the world simply because they hold a different opinion then you.
    I'm describing a soft person as soft.

  8. #648
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Which is what was happening with those who bought a mount. A weak aura was created to do it automatically when targeting a person. A streamer told his followers to do it as a form of protest. Lol.
    Stop using the mount

    Problem solved

  9. #649
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Did you mean to reply to me? I never once mentioned camping and im definitely not offended
    I did mean to respond to you but perhaps I didn't understand the original context to your response to mine. I assumed you were saying you couldn't stand to share DNA with someone who would camp someone but perhaps you were saying you can't stand people who would cry over something like the /spit emote? I guess in hindsight I don't fully understand your original response to my comment. Either ways cheers and I hope you have a good rest of your day.

  10. #650
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    I didn't need a reason, I was drinking beer and BSing with friends in vent. When questioned by a GM I told them I was farming gold.

    Right. Toxic players will be toxic and then lie about it to a GM. Lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  11. #651
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Which is what was happening with those who bought a mount. A weak aura was created to do it automatically when targeting a person. A streamer told his followers to do it as a form of protest. Lol.
    - - - Updated - - -

    Yes, that might qualify as virtual harassment, the creation of said weak aura that is. However the /spit emote itself has nothing to with it. Might aswell have been any other emote. It's also easily avoidable, and really isnt disruptive of your game experience.

    Again, if you get offended by seeing a bunch of people using an emote on you in-game, thats entirely your own choice. Offense is taken, not given.
    Last edited by Grimreaper; 2021-08-03 at 06:21 PM.

  12. #652
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    Stop using the mount Problem solved
    So the solution is to get the victims to stop doing something? Stop defending harassment.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Yes, that might qualify as virtual harassment, the creation of said weak aura that is. However the /spit emote itself has nothing to with it. Might aswell have been any other emote. It's also easily avoidable, and really isnt disruptive of your game experience.
    The spit emote has everything to do with it because that is what was being used. So they changed how it works to help put a stop to it. Could it have been any other emote used? Yep. That still doesn't stop it from being harassment. It doesn't matter if it is disruptive to a players game experience it is still harassment.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  13. #653
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    I did mean to respond to you but perhaps I didn't understand the original context to your response to mine. I assumed you were saying you couldn't stand to share DNA with someone who would camp someone but perhaps you were saying you can't stand people who would cry over something like the /spit emote? I guess in hindsight I don't fully understand your original response to my comment. Either ways cheers and I hope you have a good rest of your day.
    The latter. Its disappointing to me that some people get offended over the emote. Enjoy your day as well.

  14. #654
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So the solution is to get the victims to stop doing something? Stop defending harassment.
    Continuing to use a mount that no one wants to see would also be harassment according to this definition so keep going, your circle is almost complete

  15. #655
    i haven't played wow in years. i was actually a bit excited for classic. i was planning on finding an old 4x3 monitor and playing how it was meant to be played. but the company has made itself so hateable. i remember the last straw for me was just that.. something small and stupid. it was the removal of the skeleton remains from when people died. it was epic to see the remains of attacks on capital cities but because they were afraid some milquetoast edgy boys might have arranged those skeletons into a swastika no one can have that little bit of fun. i was getting a little excited for the diablo ii remaster. i'm probably not going to bother.

  16. #656
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    Continuing to use a mount that no one wants to see would also be harassment according to this definition so keep going, your circle is almost complete
    "No one," of course, being the marginalized group of players mad about pixels in a video game. Jesus dude.

  17. #657
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    "No one," of course, being the marginalized group of players mad about pixels in a video game. Jesus dude.
    /spit emote is not made of pixels?

  18. #658
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    /spit emote is not made of pixels?
    You keep trying to blame people for buying the mount, as if they went out of their way to personally offend your sensibilities. You were just minding your own business when somebody rolled up on a mount you didn't want to see and you had no choice but to /spit on them because that's your God given right. And if the person seeing this emote is offended, well they can just turn off their monitor!

    That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works. Nobody deserves to be harassed in a video game for making a purchase they deemed worthy of their own money. Grow up.

  19. #659
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Right. Toxic players will be toxic and then lie about it to a GM. Lol.
    Ya the good old days. I would presume they wouldn't be so easy on someone doing this now but who knows. Haven't tested that theory out yet. I don't even know if they actually have in game GM's anymore or if it's just all online complaint system with GM's that don't actually play the game.

  20. #660
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Well thats a pretty dumb thing to do. Id advise against that
    So why are you taking the word of an artist as gospel when it comes to mental health?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Is this how you think the average player sees it or do you want to pretend otherwise for the sake of the argument?
    Gonna be honest and cut right to the point.

    You're not making any arguments as long as you keep pretending you know what the "average" player is and acting like you speak for them.

    I've been very clear that I've spoke for myself at least


    Also considering they had their CEO step down, seems like there is more than just an emote changing.

    Lastly, BfA and SL are pretty different. Can't see where you're seeing them as the same thing repeated

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •