Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ...
24
32
33
34
35
36
44
... LastLast
  1. #661
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    Continuing to use a mount that no one wants to see would also be harassment according to this definition so keep going, your circle is almost complete
    No it wouldn't. Using a mount is not harassment. Just like the spit emote alone is not harassment. You can use mounts for harassment, like blocking a npc, but simply using it is not.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  2. #662
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You're not making any arguments as long as you keep pretending you know what the "average" player is and acting like you speak for them.
    Because i don't think i need a poll to find out whether a Gladiator mount or any outdoor mount such as the Nazjatar crab receives more recognition.
    I think any person that remotely understand what is entailed with a Gladiator mount knows how much more prestigeous they are.

    Sorry, but when i show people and red apple and an orange and ask "which one is more red?", then i think i'll know how this vote will go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I've been very clear that I've spoke for myself at least
    That's your right but the way the facts are being laid out, you have to bendover backwards in order to explain how an outdoor mount such as the Nazjatar crab is more prestigeous than the a Gladiator mount.
    Especially when by the nature of the design, not everyone can acquire a certain Gladiator mount.

    And if your answer is "Gladiator mount can be bought with gold", then it frankly proves the point how prestigeous mounts are being tarnished by people being able to purchase gold with the WoW Token.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Also considering they had their CEO step down, seems like there is more than just an emote changing.
    A CEO stepping down doesn't necessarily mean they're going to invest more money into certain aspects of the game, especially one whose value in terms of revenue is frankly pretty intangible.

    Brack's role in this entire mess can currently only be guessed from the outside.
    Maybe he was fired for lax stance.
    Maybe he even attempted to cover it up.
    Or that mess was just the final straw because Activision Blizzard was not happy with Blizzards performance.
    Who Knows.

    The leap from a figurehead being switched out to the topic we're talking about is beyond me.
    Because if Activision Blizzard intendeds to fight it out in court (which is open so far), then they're even fighting against paying their (female) employees more money, as this is actually what this lawsuit is about, the harassment is actually just evidence to showcase systemic discrimination - which should tell something about the stance of Activision Blizzards stance on toxicity.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-08-03 at 08:31 PM.

  3. #663
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaladus View Post
    You'll be spammed with /e spits on you. Or some other emote like /rude /fart. Let's remove emoting all together cause people are so weak they let things in video games upset them? The goal of the emote is to convey a message. They'll still figure out other ways to get across the message they want to send. Do you really think this change will make any difference? If anything it has the potential to make it worse.
    Indeed, there will still be people that are so weak as to be upset about a mount in a video game and feel the need to use emotes to express their childish rage.

  4. #664
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Because i don't think i need a poll to find out whether a Gladiator mount or any outdoor mount such as the Nazjatar crab receives more recognition.
    I think any person that remotely understand what is entailed with a Gladiator mount knows how much more prestigeous they are.

    Sorry, but when i show people and red apple and an orange and ask "which one is more red?", then i think i'll know how this vote will go.

    That's your right but the way the facts are being laid out, you have to bendover backwards in order to explain how an outdoor mount such as the Nazjatar crab is more prestigeous than the a Gladiator mount.
    Especially when by the nature of the design, not everyone can acquire a certain Gladiator mount.

    And if your answer is "Gladiator mount can be bought with gold", then it frankly proves the point how prestigeous mounts are being tarnished by people being able to purchase gold with the WoW Token.
    I have no idea why you have such a fixation on the "level" of prestige. I mean, I never claimed which was "more prestigious", that's something you decided to insert because it fits your argument.

    Although it's a bit weird to go from comparing the "prestige" to comparing the visuals. The crab is far far more recognizable as again, it's the only crab mount in the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    A CEO stepping down doesn't necessarily mean they're going to invest more money into certain aspects of the game, especially one whose value in terms of revenue is frankly pretty intangible.

    Brack's role in this entire mess can currently only be guessed from the outside.
    Maybe he was fired for lax stance.
    Maybe he even attempted to cover it up.
    Or that mess was just the final straw because Activision Blizzard was not happy with Blizzards performance.
    Who Knows.

    The leap from a figurehead being switched out to the topic we're talking about is beyond me.
    Because if Activision Blizzard intendeds to fight it out in court (which is open so far), then they're even fighting against paying their (female) employees more money, as this is actually what this lawsuit is about, the harassment is actually just evidence to showcase systemic discrimination - which should tell something about the stance of Activision Blizzards stance on toxicity.
    I mean, if you're intentionally ignoring Blizzard repeatedly saying they're going to shake up a lot on top of this change along with the shake up of employees.

    And not sure where you're getting that it's about pay. Pretty sure it was clear and cut from the start it's about the general treatment of female employees, there is no one specific situation.

    Hell, the official file specifically used the term of them having a "frat boy culture" as part of the reason for the lawsuit.

  5. #665
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post

    The spit emote has everything to do with it because that is what was being used. So they changed how it works to help put a stop to it. Could it have been any other emote used? Yep. That still doesn't stop it from being harassment. It doesn't matter if it is disruptive to a players game experience it is still harassment.
    Thats about as stupid as saying guns kill people...

  6. #666
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I have no idea why you have such a fixation on the "level" of prestige. I mean, I never claimed which was "more prestigious", that's something you decided to insert because it fits your argument.
    I always claimed it's about the prestige of mounts from the getgo.

    If that went over your head, that's on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Although it's a bit weird to go from comparing the "prestige" to comparing the visuals. The crab is far far more recognizable as again, it's the only crab mount in the game.
    I never compared visuals between the two.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, if you're intentionally ignoring Blizzard repeatedly saying they're going to shake up a lot on top of this change along with the shake up of employees.
    Them saying it and them actually doing it are two seperate things.

    And then actually changing things for employees and changing things in the game (with actual investments) are also entirely seperate issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And not sure where you're getting that it's about pay. Pretty sure it was clear and cut from the start it's about the general treatment of female employees, there is no one specific situation.
    Then you only followed the case on a surface level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Hell, the official file specifically used the term of them having a "frat boy culture" as part of the reason for the lawsuit.
    Yes, that doesn't change the fact that the primary focus is the unequal treatment of female employees as far as condition of employment is concerned.

    In the course of the DFEH found evidence that defendants discriminated against female employees in terms and condition of employment, including compensation, assignment, promotion, termination, constructive discharge, and retaliation.
    The DFEH's investigation also found that female employees were subject to sexual harassment
    Which is mentioned first?
    The unequal treatment, not sexual harassment.
    Factual allegations:
    DFEH incorporates and realleges all previous allegations as if fully set forth herein
    Sex discrimination: Pay, Assignment, Promotion, Termination and Constructive discharge
    Also, Activision Blizzard doesn't fight the subject of sexual harassment in court (after all, that's why Brack / lead HR guy at Blizzard had to take their leave), they are claiming that accusation of unequal treatment of female employees is false and fight that in court.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-08-04 at 01:37 PM.

  7. #667
    Brewmaster Malania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,479
    No one ever spat at me for having it. If they did I'd have just told them to stop being a cunt if they were that pissy about a mount.

  8. #668
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I always claimed it's about the prestige of mounts from the getgo.

    If that went over your head, that's on you.
    Or it's on you for trying to argue something against someone who wasn't even discussing that.

    Considering you know, it was a conversation between another user and I and then you came in with something that wasn't even relevant then, because it sure as hell isn't disproving anything I've said when I was never talking about the actual rarity of mounts.

  9. #669
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Or it's on you for trying to argue something against someone who wasn't even discussing that.
    I literally used the word "prestigeous" in my second reply
    I would concede that if the majority of (prestigeous) rewards in WoW were based on solo content, but they're not.
    An argument that you fully engaged until now, now you backtrack and argue that you never discussed that, if you aren't engaging in a discussion, then don't reply multiple times.

    Heck, you even stated your opinion that you don't consider Gladiator mounts as prestigeous as an outdoor mount like the Nazjatar crab - why do you state your personal opinion on a matter you don't even want to discuss?

  10. #670
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I literally used the word "prestigeous" in my second reply

    An argument that you fully engaged until now, now you backtrack and argue that you never discussed that, if you aren't engaging in a discussion, then don't reply multiple times.

    Heck, you even stated your opinion that you don't consider Gladiator mounts as prestigeous as an outdoor mount like the Nazjatar crab - why do you state your personal opinion on a matter you don't even want to discuss?
    The better question is why are you moving the goalposts of someone else's argument to fit your own needs?

    At first I only responded because I figured you were using prestige in the same way as I, but it is very clear now you're not and you're making up some weird argument that doesn't even debunk what I've said.

    At no point was I ever asserting different levels of prestige for mounts.
    The crab mount has a different prestige than CE mount, sure.
    But the point was they're both still prestige rewards which was what the other user was trying to argue WoW is lacking now, which is flat out false. There's still a ton of mounts that are only obtained in game by completing content.

    You tried to argue to that "but you can just buy it" which I pointed out you can't buy a Nazjatar crab boost for gold. Which again, you shifted the argument from what I was saying to "but this other mount is more prestigious!!"

    Which again, wasn't the argument nor what I said. It's just shifting the goalposts to fit your own argument.

  11. #671
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    ...this is absurd. My comment about you being the arbiter of what constitutes harassment in this video game was a dig at your repeated attempts at validation of your (fairly insensitive) opinion. That's not cool. You shouldn't do that. You're free to do it if you want but that doesn't make your opinion any less shitty (imo). There's only so many times I can break this down for you before it becomes entirely pointless so I'm just gonna tap out here.

    Have a nice day.
    You had no valid argument to begin with, fren. You just couldnt stop posting after your first Strawman failed. Take the L and own it.

  12. #672
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    You had no valid argument to begin with, fren. You just couldnt stop posting after your first Strawman failed. Take the L and own it.
    Thanks for sharing your opinion of my opinion?

  13. #673
    It seems there is now a class action lawsuit filed against acti-Blizz for not disclosing the investigation - interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    you have to be a moron to of said .

  14. #674
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Thanks for sharing your opinion of my opinion?
    I wasnt sharing an opinion, i was making a making a factual statement based on the printed evidence using basic logic that they used to teach in 8th grade. You opened with a Strawman - a logical fallacy - that on its own invalidates everything that came after it.

    Take your L, or keep making yourself look like an ignorant jackhole, i guess. You do you.

  15. #675
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    I wasnt sharing an opinion, i was making a making a factual statement based on the printed evidence using basic logic that they used to teach in 8th grade. You opened with a Strawman - a logical fallacy - that on its own invalidates everything that came after it.

    Take your L, or keep making yourself look like an ignorant jackhole, i guess. You do you.
    I don't give a shit about Ls in online discussions. The dude was being (and still is, imo) insensitive as fuck about the subject matter at hand and it's incredibly irritating to see people whose opinions are frankly not worth addressing drown out the discussion by repeatedly downplaying the very real reasons Blizzard made the change in the first place.

  16. #676
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Indeed, there will still be people that are so weak as to be upset about a mount in a video game and feel the need to use emotes to express their childish rage.
    Indeed, but to some degree justifiably so. Blizz promised no boosts / micros in original classic because players said they didnt want it, and they listened! for tbc they decided to change their mind. Regardless of all that, what a dumb change because again it literally changes nothing besides the strong possibility of players are now going to ramp up the abuse of players with store mounts.

  17. #677
    I do find it interesting to see how many people actually have emotes on lol

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaladus View Post
    players are now going to ramp up the abuse of players with store mounts.
    Sounds to me like you're saying I should use the store mount all the time
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  18. #678
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I do find it interesting to see how many people actually have emotes on lol

    - - - Updated - - -



    Sounds to me like you're saying I should use the store mount all the time
    I mean if I was in that camp I would find it funny. But alas I am not. Honestly I always found it enjoyable when someone /spit me because it means i really got to them but alas i am not a p*ssy so..

  19. #679
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaladus View Post
    I mean if I was in that camp I would find it funny. But alas I am not. Honestly I always found it enjoyable when someone /spit me because it means i really got to them but alas i am not a p*ssy so..
    I see emotes as just clutter, idgaf about emotes I'm not an RPer lol. Emotes, NPC dialog, Boss messages, all that kind of stuff is junk to me.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  20. #680
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I see emotes as just clutter, idgaf about emotes I'm not an RPer lol. Emotes, NPC dialog, Boss messages, all that kind of stuff is junk to me.
    well thats interesting, i kinda wonder why but also youre likely in the minority there

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •