Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Except it's becoming extremely clear that the harassment situation came from people in higher positions who could exploit their connections/power to do so, and on top of that, that a vast majority of Blizzard doesn't actually support it.

It would be a bit strange to focus only on what's occurring here as a "empty actions", since there's been multiple people being let go from Blizzard, higher ups being replaced, etc. There is quite a bit obviously going on, if people choose to focus on just the emote then that's on them.

And /spit has gotten a lot of flak over the years in general, this isn't exactly new that people have a distain for it.
    Getting rid of some people hardly means anything if they dont actually do anything to prevent it again. Also, putting a woman at the top doesnt mean anything. Lastly, any complaint towards an emote when theres characters committing genocide can safely be ignored as its coming from adult toddlers

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Getting rid of some people hardly means anything if they dont actually do anything to prevent it again. Also, putting a woman at the top doesnt mean anything. Lastly, any complaint towards an emote when theres characters committing genocide can safely be ignored as its coming from adult toddlers
    The only character who committed genocide was Sylvanas, at least as of relevance, and it was portrayed as evil.

That isn't really a defense to fall back on when the actions are vilified.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lastly, any complaint towards an emote when theres characters committing genocide can safely be ignored as its coming from adult toddlers
    Lol. Just because we can kill things doesn't mean that things can never be deemed harassment or offensive to players. One is direct towards fantasy and the other is directed towards actual people.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    The only character who committed genocide was Sylvanas, at least as of relevance, and it was portrayed as evil.

That isn't really a defense to fall back on when the actions are vilified.
    Hardly vilified when the lead writers waifu is going to be redeemed after a "my bad." Regardless, that isn't the point. If the game is willing to explore adult themes, then they feel the players are grown up enough to handle it.

Player - "wow she committed genocide, she is bad"
    Also player - "blizzarddddddddd, that rogue spat on meeee im literally shakingggggg wahhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Toddlers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Lol. Just because we can kill things doesn't mean that things can never be deemed harassment or offensive to players. One is direct towards fantasy and the other is directed towards actual people.
    *peoples fantasy characters

Lmao. Any action is fine because the other side was the first to over react?
    No, but you are still responsible when you are the first to derail a discussion.

If you pull out a knive, don't be surprised when the other pulls a gun.
    Doesn't matter that a gun is more lethal than a knive, you started it.
    people being extremely insulting and mocking saying "you're thinskinned if you don't accept this solution!" and other mockery about the emote being removed?
    Also yes.
    Because people should first and foremost attempt these issues with the tools given and not ask for more restrictions, especially when the nature of the issue can swapped with virtually any other emotes that exist.

You can disagree with my posts or other stuff i've written, but unless you can offer any insight why my proposed solution is inferior to the removal of the emote, i really don't care, because that's what at the end of the day matters: What solution is being implemented (if any).

15+ Year Old Account
    *peoples fantasy characters
    So you don't know how to separate reality from fantasy. Gotcha.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Lastly, any complaint towards an emote when theres characters committing genocide can safely be ignored as its coming from adult toddlers
    Pretty sad that you cant see a difference between a fictional character and a living human being.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    No, but you are still responsible when you are the first to derail a discussion. If you pull out a knive, don't be surprised when the other pulls a gun.
    So why aren't you responsible for over reacting as well? You are still responsible for pulling a gun out even if they pulled a knife out first. Lol. Stop trying to argue that you can do whatever you want just because someone else did X first. You are still over reacting over an emote. You are not required to just because someone else did. But when a person ignore facts they won't also accept reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    So you don't know how to separate reality from fantasy. Gotcha.
    I have been spat on for having the mount and in pvp and did not care. Can you explain to an adult that works full time why i am supposed to? I am really having trouble understanding

15+ Year Old Account
    I have been spat on for having the mount and in pvp and did not care. Can you explain to an adult that works full time why i am supposed to? I am really having trouble understanding
    So because you don't feel something it means that no one else in the world can? You never get upset over anything others do not? You always have the exact same feelings as someone else? Harassment does, and did occur. Pretending that it didn't because you personally were not offended is dumb. Why are you so afraid of acknowledging something can occur?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Pretty sad that you cant see a difference between a fictional character and a living human being.
    I guess we should make it so bosses cant kill people characters since its a real hooman behind it, huh? Bosses killing me hurts my feelings

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess we should make it so bosses cant kill people characters since its a real hooman behind it, huh? Bosses killing me hurts my feelings
    Love that you try to hide your clear lack of empathy and common sense with sarcasm. Works great, keep it up and maybe one day someone will actually buy it.
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Bro, you were HARASSED by text. Not just any text, ORANGE text. Why aren't you crying, sucking your thumb in the fetal position? How can you just not be affected by it like some sort of reasonable adult?

15+ Year Old Account
    So because you don't feel something it means that no one else in the world can? You never get upset over anything others do not? You always have the exact same feelings as someone else? Harassment does, and did occur. Pretending that it didn't because you personally were not offended is dumb. Why are you so afraid of acknowledging something can occur?
    I have been harassed in whispers and put them on ignore and then went about my day so yeah, i dont understand anybody who has been sheltered enough in their life an emote makes them shake

15+ Year Old Account
    I have been harassed in whispers and put them on ignore and then went about my day so yeah, i dont understand anybody who has been sheltered enough in their life an emote makes them shake
    How can your fantasy character be harassed though? Mine wasn't. It isn't about an emote making a person shake or not. It is about harassment taking place. You focus on the reaction rather then the action. Not surprising though since you think as long as you can kill people in a video game no one can actually be harassed by things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Love that you try to hide your clear lack of empathy and common sense with sarcasm. Works great, keep it up and maybe one day someone will actually buy it.
    No rebuttal because you understand something happening to a wow character means literally nothing

I find it offensive that we are always killing and murdering. There needs to be a "Safe Space" option for dungeons where I can just go up to every boss, /cry and he gives me loot and apologizes for his offensive deeds within the game. This needless killing is horrible. I want loot without feeling as if I am being a horrible person. Also, they need to make Sylvanas apologize, but, she could have been touched improperly at some point, so we might need to take her feelings in to consideration too and forgive her.

10+ Year Old Account
    No rebuttal because you understand something happening to a wow character means literally nothing
    You clearly fail to see the difference between fictional character interacting with fictional character, human being interacting with fictional character and human being interacting human being. Find some help.

15+ Year Old Account
    How can your fantasy character be harassed though? Mine wasn't. It isn't about an emote making a person shake or not. It is about harassment taking place. You focus on the reaction rather then the action. Not surprising though since you think as long as you can kill people in a video game no one can actually be harassed by things.
    Its almost like whispers are directly to the person playing while an emote isnt. Its almost like "you have been spat on " is different than "im going to rape you and kill your family you fat bitch." Please, learn the difference

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsenemy View Post
    I find it offensive that we are always killing and murdering.
    You can level and be a pacifist. So even your obvious joke argument falls flat. https://www.wowhead.com/news/the-fac...evel-60-319799

- - - Updated - - -

Its almost like whispers are directly to the person playing while an emote isnt. Its almost like "you have been spat on " is different than "im going to rape you and kill your family you fat bitch." Please, learn the difference
    So text in one instance can't be harassing but text in another instance can? Anything can be used as harassment. Why are you afraid of acknowledging that it can? It is also weird that now you make an exception for "it is a fantasy character". Guess when you make your own arbitrary rules you can ignore them at will huh?