Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ...
30
38
39
40
41
42
... LastLast
  1. #781
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    15,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Real mature, buddy. You REALLY showed it to me there. Heed my advice and get help you clearly and desperately need it.
    So you acknowledge its super easy to shrug off. I appreciate you proving my point

  2. #782
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    /spit
    /spit
    /spit
    /spit
    Gonna cry and go on a diatribe about how much that hurt you, or be an adult and shrug it off like the rest of us?
    I think the text has to be orange for it to work (like that one evil ex president Donald blumpf)

  3. #783
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yes, an emote cannot hurt you while rape threats might. You got it!
    So if text can't hurt you why would text also be able to hurt you? Weird right? It is almost as if anything can be used for harassment if it is used in a harassing manner. Weird then that you ignore that harassment can occur.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  4. #784
    Immortal Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    7,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    So you acknowledge is super easy to shrug off. I appreciate you proving my point
    The only thing i acknowledge here is what a manbaby you are who needs therapy. See ya.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  5. #785
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    So you acknowledge its super easy to shrug off. I appreciate you proving my point
    Shrugging something off doesn't mean it also isn't harassment. Why do you think something can only be harassment if the target gets upset?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  6. #786
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    15,433
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So if text can't hurt you why would text also be able to hurt you? Weird right? It is almost as if anything can be used for harassment if it is used in a harassing manner. Weird then that you ignore that harassment can occur.
    Not much use talking to somebody that doesnt get rape threats are different than a spit emote

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Shrugging something off doesn't mean it also isn't harassment. Why do you think something can only be harassment if the target gets upset?
    If the person doesnt feel harassed, how can it be harassment?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    The only thing i acknowledge here is what a manbaby you are who needs therapy. See ya.
    Feels good when dweebs got nothing

  7. #787
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Not much use talking to somebody that doesnt get rape threats are different than a spit emote
    Harassment is Harassment. The one that doesn't get that is yourself. Lol. You are trying to pass off harassment in one instance because you don't understand how something you can shrug off can be harassment. Using that logic a rape threat is also not harassment because Celebrities and Famous people get that kind of stuff all the time but shrug it off.

    You can't have it both ways. Either something is harassment even if you can shrug it off. Or things can be harassment.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    If the person doesnt feel harassed, how can it be harassment?
    The same reason why you are calling a "rape threat" online from a complete stranger as harassment? Why wouldn't you shrug that off when it has 0% chance of actually happening?
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-08-13 at 08:13 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  8. #788
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    15,433
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Harassment is Harassment. The one that doesn't get that is yourself. Lol. You are trying to pass off harassment in one instance because you don't understand how something you can shrug off can be harassment. Using that logic a rape threat is also not harassment because Celebrities and Famous people get that kind of stuff all the time but shrug it off.

    You can't have it both ways. Either something is harassment even if you can shrug it off. Or things can be harassment.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The same reason why you are calling a "rape threat" online from a complete stranger as harassment? Why wouldn't you shrug that off when it has 0% chance of actually happening?
    I actually do shrug it off, but some girls might not which is fair. Any whining about emotes though and i will tell you to grow up.

  9. #789
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    If the person doesnt feel harassed, how can it be harassment?
    Are you for real? Get help, buddy. Or at least take a little walk and actually think about this topic for once.

  10. #790
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I actually do shrug it off, but some girls might not which is fair. Any whining about emotes though and i will tell you to grow up.
    So because someone people won't shrug it off it is harassment. But because you can shrug off /spit it isn't harassment. Why the double standard? You are arbitrarily deciding what is and is not harassment and not even using the same logic. Lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  11. #791
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    15,433
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So because someone people won't shrug it off it is harassment. But because you can shrug off /spit it isn't harassment. Why the double standard? You are arbitrarily deciding what is and is not harassment and not even using the same logic. Lol.
    Its only a double standard if you dont see the difference between an emote and whispers and since i see the clear differces, it is not a double standard to me

  12. #792
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I thought you were done? Weird right?
    Considering you haven't repeated the same argument i've pointed out, i don't see why i shouldn't reply.

    After all, seems tad odd to lay out my conditions, you abide by them and then expect me to walk way anyway.
    If you want this discussion to end, you can also stop replying.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You think factual information is not true.
    Because /spit is not harassment, it's utter hogwash.

    If you think it is, then i would much rather say that you are unreasonable.

  13. #793
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Hardly vilified when the lead writers waifu is going to be redeemed after a "my bad." Regardless, that isn't the point. If the game is willing to explore adult themes, then they feel the players are grown up enough to handle it.

    Player - "wow she committed genocide, she is bad"
    Also player - "blizzarddddddddd, that rogue spat on meeee im literally shakingggggg wahhhhhhhhhhhhh"

    Toddlers
    I mean, /spit still exists in retail.

    The divide is clearly that TBC isn't as geared for adult.

    Joking aside though, it very much was vilified. Whether she's redeemed or not is yet to be seen, but no one up until this point has forgiven her or acknowledged her as anything but a grade A piece of trash.

    And regardless of how you view the emote, if it's being used repeatedly in a negative way, then it's obviously problematic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Because people should first and foremost attempt these issues with the tools given and not ask for more restrictions, especially when the nature of the issue can swapped with virtually any other emotes that exist.

    You can disagree with my posts or other stuff i've written, but unless you can offer any insight why my proposed solution is inferior to the removal of the emote, i really don't care, because that's what at the end of the day matters: What solution is being implemented (if any).
    No one needs to "offer insight" really. You yourself are admitting that the issue is worth blocking users. If you're in a situation where people have to keep being blocked for the same exact offense, then obviously it's a point where Blizzard can and should step in.

    For some reason you're acting as if blocking should solve all issues.

    People insulting and belittling other players? Don't need intervention obviously, just block them! Your own point is self defeating.

  14. #794
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    15,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Are you for real? Get help, buddy. Or at least take a little walk and actually think about this topic for once.
    Think about it. If youre tea bagging me to harass me, but i dom't feel harassed because i dont care because its a video game, are you really harassing me?

  15. #795
    How many times does the WA spit at the person? Does it spam them or just do it once? The most commonly accepted definition of harassment is to repeatedly annoy.

  16. #796
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Its only a double standard if you dont see the difference between an emote and whispers and since i see the clear differces, it is not a double standard to me
    So how do you know they aren't talking about your fantasy character? How does repeating a /spit emote repeatedly because you bought a store mount a "Clear difference" in harassment? It is a double standard because you are using the same logic differently. It doesn't matter if you see it or not in order for it to be true. Just like harassment is still harassment even if you shrug it off. Which is something you don't believe while at the same time saying you do believe it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Think about it. If youre tea bagging me to harass me, but i dom't feel harassed because i dont care because its a video game, are you really harassing me?
    If I whisper a rape threat but I don't feel harassed because its a video game, are you really harassing me? Isn't it weird that your answer to that is "yes" while you are arguing for "no" at the same time?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  17. #797
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    15,433
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So how do you know they aren't talking about your fantasy character? How does repeating a /spit emote repeatedly because you bought a store mount a "Clear difference" in harassment? It is a double standard because you are using the same logic differently. It doesn't matter if you see it or not in order for it to be true. Just like harassment is still harassment even if you shrug it off. Which is something you don't believe while at the same time saying you do believe it.
    Because /spit and "ill rape you" is different. Like, its just that simple, man.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-08-13 at 05:01 PM.

  18. #798
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Because /spit is not harassment, it's utter hogwash.
    A repeated action to a person because of Blizzard adding a mount is harassment. You keep having to deny reality in order to justify your position yet keep thinking you are being the reasonable one here. Why are you so afraid of accepting facts?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Because spit and ill rape you is different. Like, its just that simple, man.
    It is both text in a video game that you say you personally can shrug off. So if you can shrug it off why is it different? Is that not your argument? That if you can shrug it off it can't be harassment? Which also means that /spit can be used for harassment even if people can shrug it off. Your ignore your own arguments when it suits you. Why?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  19. #799
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    15,433
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    How many times does the WA spit at the person? Does it spam them or just do it once? The most commonly accepted definition of harassment is to repeatedly annoy.
    For me it was once. Did you know theres a counter weak aura to emote theyre poor and laugh at them? Thats fine though, huh?

  20. #800
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Because /spit and "ill rape you" is different. Like, its just that simple, man.
    He will not stop inventing new ways to disagree with you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •