Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ...
34
42
43
44
45
46
LastLast
  1. #861
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But wouldn't that just cause complaints from those who do not want "changes"? Isn't it weird to fight against mounts being added to the game while also wanting a boost?
    Like I said, there would still be complaining about it from the no changes crowd. But imo, less overall complaining
    Some people think rape threats are acceptable, smh.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The same reason why you are calling a "rape threat" online from a complete stranger as harassment? Why wouldn't you shrug that off when it has 0% chance of actually happening?

  2. #862
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Like I said, there would still be complaining about it from the no changes crowd. But imo, less overall complaining
    So changes are good when they are free but bad when you can't get it for free. The same crowd that complains, and justifies /spit, about the mount would complain about the boost.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #863
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Thats only the perspective of one side tho. From the spitters side, the view is the booties paid extra money to blizzard, sending the message that they are ok with this monetization and further changes, thus they are the ones that started it
    Well then harass blizzard who started selling mounts, or stop payin for wow, you know the entire "vote with your wallet" kinda bullshit (But nah that would mean they have to stop their addiction). Them harrassing random people is the worst possible way todo it.

  4. #864
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So changes are good when they are free but bad when you can't get it for free. The same crowd that complains, and justifies /spit, about the mount would complain about the boost.
    I see a few different groups.

    1. People that really don't give a fuck.
    2. Ppl that want to play with friends.
    3. People that don't want additional monetization.
    4.People that don't want any changes.

    And ppl that are some form of overlap between these.

    Group 1 already doesn't care.
    Group 2 is happy because they get to play with friends.
    Group 3 is not happy because they see this paving the way for more monetization.
    Group 4 is not happy because changes.

    If 1 time boost was free, instead of new mount it was an existing mount, and no new hearthstone animation, then :

    Group 1 still out here not giving a fuck.
    Group 2 happier because now free. Also can't be distinguished so won't be spit on.
    Group 3 probably still weary but overall happier because not monetization.
    Group 4 still mad cause changes, but maybe slightly happier because no visual changes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Myokony View Post
    Well then harass blizzard who started selling mounts, or stop payin for wow, you know the entire "vote with your wallet" kinda bullshit. Them harrassing random people is the worst possible way todo it.
    I'm sure there's some that quit. For most that are "harassing", they probably were real mad at first, heard about the WA when it first got "popular", laughed to themselves when they downloaded it, and then jist went on with life one way or the other.
    Some people think rape threats are acceptable, smh.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The same reason why you are calling a "rape threat" online from a complete stranger as harassment? Why wouldn't you shrug that off when it has 0% chance of actually happening?

  5. #865
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I think there's a big correlation between the people that bought the boost and those that cry IRL. Blizz only doing this because they make money off the crybabies and don't want them to leave before they purchase the next microtransaction
    Ironic because the anti-mount crowd are guilty of being crybabies them,selves as they are the ones crying about /sp[it being removed and crying about the fact they added a mount with purchase.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Half the complaints are about monetization. Remove the monetization and there's be less complaining. Removing the specific mount and hearthstone would also make them indistinguishable once they replaced their communal gear
    Or they could leave things as is and the anti-monetization side could just grow up, mind their own business, and stop trying to dictate how the game should function.




    I

  6. #866
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Ironic because the anti-mount crowd are guilty of being crybabies them,selves as they are the ones crying about /sp[it being removed and crying about the fact they added a mount with purchase.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Or they could leave things as is and the anti-monetization side could just grow up, mind their own business, and stop trying to dictate how the game should function.




    I
    Ahh yes. Everyone should always accept everything and never voice their opinion on a forum for discussion. Excellent view lol
    Some people think rape threats are acceptable, smh.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The same reason why you are calling a "rape threat" online from a complete stranger as harassment? Why wouldn't you shrug that off when it has 0% chance of actually happening?

  7. #867
    Harassment of any kind is not tolerated.

  8. #868
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrasiabi View Post
    Harassment of any kind is not tolerated.
    you must not be talking about WoW lol

  9. #869
    this is good news

  10. #870
    I knew & said they would remove it from Retail, it wasn't just a TBC only thing.

  11. #871
    Oh, this is the worst. The absolute worst /s.

  12. #872
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Oh, this is the worst. The absolute worst /s.
    I know right! Imagine not being able to spit on other players in game! I'll have to go back to spitting on people in real life again... oh wait, no I can't, that's now considered assault! damn SJW woke peoples! how dare they ruin my good time of spitting on people! /s

  13. #873
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I know right! Imagine not being able to spit on other players in game! I'll have to go back to spitting on people in real life again... oh wait, no I can't, that's now considered assault! damn SJW woke peoples! how dare they ruin my good time of spitting on people! /s
    One time I saw orange text in a video game and it made me cry. Im glad I dont have to see that orange text anymore. It was the one thing preventing me from enjoying my life and now I can play again
    Some people think rape threats are acceptable, smh.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The same reason why you are calling a "rape threat" online from a complete stranger as harassment? Why wouldn't you shrug that off when it has 0% chance of actually happening?

  14. #874
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Oh, this is the worst. The absolute worst /s.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I know right! Imagine not being able to spit on other players in game! I'll have to go back to spitting on people in real life again... oh wait, no I can't, that's now considered assault! damn SJW woke peoples! how dare they ruin my good time of spitting on people! /s
    You're completely missing the point and downright straw-manning the people who have a problem with this.

    We don't care about /spit being removed, we care about it being a completely pointless removal that solves no problems and is pure virtue signaling. Really, what is this supposed to accomplish? Anyone who was actually using it to harass other players will just switch to another emote, or use "/me spits on %t". Nothing has changed. Nothing is fixed. It is a completely empty change by Blizzard in a desperate attempt to recover from the PR disaster they're currently going through.

    Furthermore, removing an emote because of some pansies who got triggered over text in a videogame and refused to use the /ignore function, is not only retarded, but sets a precedent for more censorship of this kind to be implemented. How long before /slap gets removed? How long before /fart or /flirt or /rofl or /rude get removed? How long before Blizzard just removes the entire emote system because "uhhhh harassment" ?

    THAT is the reason why it's getting so much backlash. But go on, keep proclaiming that anyone who opposes this change is dumb and stupid and silly, based on strawman arguments you created.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2021-09-03 at 01:55 PM.

  15. #875
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    You're completely missing the point and downright straw-manning the people who have a problem with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Furthermore, removing an emote because of some pansies who got triggered over text in a videogame and refused to use the /ignore function, is not only retarded, but sets a precedent for more censorship of this kind to be implemented. How long before /slap gets removed? How long before /fart or /flirt or /rofl or /rude get removed? How long before Blizzard just removes the entire emote system because "uhhhh harassment" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    But go on, keep proclaiming that anyone who opposes this change is dumb and stupid and silly, based on strawman arguments you created.
    Uh...huh.

    Odd to call out others on strawmanning and insults.

  16. #876
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Uh...huh
    Care to explain yourself instead of just taking words out of context?

    I fail to see how me using two rude words somehow invalidates my argument, or somehow validates their strawman arguments. Please elaborate.

  17. #877
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Care to explain yourself instead of just taking words out of context?

    I fail to see how me using two rude words somehow invalidates my argument. Please elaborate.
    That isn't taking anything out of context.

    It's literally quoting you for exactly what you said IN the context that you said it.

  18. #878
    Answer my question. Elaborate on what you said. Explain why my arguments are wrong.

  19. #879
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Answer my question. Elaborate on what you said. Explain why my arguments are wrong.
    I don't need to do anything like that. Digging your feet in the dirt and demanding more from others while being hypocritical yourself isn't an argument.

    You complained about strawmanning and insults while strawmanning and insulting to make your point. It's pretty self explanatory.

  20. #880
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't need to do explain myself
    I accept your concession

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You complained about strawmanning and insults
    I pointed out that they were completely strawmanning anyone who opposes this change. And that is correct. Literally who is saying what MrLachyG said? Nobody. Nobody is mad because "rah rah I can't spit on people anymore", we're mad because the change is dumb and pointless and doesn't solve anything. It's virtue signaling.

    You're just making some really awkward attempt at calling me a hypocrite, while not actually addressing my arguments. And outright refusing to explain or elaborate. Nice bait, got me to reply.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    strawmanning and insulting to make your point
    Please look up what a strawman argument is, since you clearly do not know.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •