Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ...
35
43
44
45
46
LastLast
  1. #881
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrasiabi View Post
    Harassment of any kind is not tolerated.
    you must not be talking about WoW lol

  2. #882
    this is good news

  3. #883
    I knew & said they would remove it from Retail, it wasn't just a TBC only thing.

  4. #884
    Oh, this is the worst. The absolute worst /s.

  5. #885
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Oh, this is the worst. The absolute worst /s.
    I know right! Imagine not being able to spit on other players in game! I'll have to go back to spitting on people in real life again... oh wait, no I can't, that's now considered assault! damn SJW woke peoples! how dare they ruin my good time of spitting on people! /s

  6. #886
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I know right! Imagine not being able to spit on other players in game! I'll have to go back to spitting on people in real life again... oh wait, no I can't, that's now considered assault! damn SJW woke peoples! how dare they ruin my good time of spitting on people! /s
    One time I saw orange text in a video game and it made me cry. Im glad I dont have to see that orange text anymore. It was the one thing preventing me from enjoying my life and now I can play again
    Some people think rape threats are acceptable, smh.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The same reason why you are calling a "rape threat" online from a complete stranger as harassment? Why wouldn't you shrug that off when it has 0% chance of actually happening?

  7. #887
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Oh, this is the worst. The absolute worst /s.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I know right! Imagine not being able to spit on other players in game! I'll have to go back to spitting on people in real life again... oh wait, no I can't, that's now considered assault! damn SJW woke peoples! how dare they ruin my good time of spitting on people! /s
    You're completely missing the point and downright straw-manning the people who have a problem with this.

    We don't care about /spit being removed, we care about it being a completely pointless removal that solves no problems and is pure virtue signaling. Really, what is this supposed to accomplish? Anyone who was actually using it to harass other players will just switch to another emote, or use "/me spits on %t". Nothing has changed. Nothing is fixed. It is a completely empty change by Blizzard in a desperate attempt to recover from the PR disaster they're currently going through.

    Furthermore, removing an emote because of some pansies who got triggered over text in a videogame and refused to use the /ignore function, is not only retarded, but sets a precedent for more censorship of this kind to be implemented. How long before /slap gets removed? How long before /fart or /flirt or /rofl or /rude get removed? How long before Blizzard just removes the entire emote system because "uhhhh harassment" ?

    THAT is the reason why it's getting so much backlash. But go on, keep proclaiming that anyone who opposes this change is dumb and stupid and silly, based on strawman arguments you created.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2021-09-03 at 01:55 PM.

  8. #888
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    You're completely missing the point and downright straw-manning the people who have a problem with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Furthermore, removing an emote because of some pansies who got triggered over text in a videogame and refused to use the /ignore function, is not only retarded, but sets a precedent for more censorship of this kind to be implemented. How long before /slap gets removed? How long before /fart or /flirt or /rofl or /rude get removed? How long before Blizzard just removes the entire emote system because "uhhhh harassment" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    But go on, keep proclaiming that anyone who opposes this change is dumb and stupid and silly, based on strawman arguments you created.
    Uh...huh.

    Odd to call out others on strawmanning and insults.

  9. #889
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Uh...huh
    Care to explain yourself instead of just taking words out of context?

    I fail to see how me using two rude words somehow invalidates my argument, or somehow validates their strawman arguments. Please elaborate.

  10. #890
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Care to explain yourself instead of just taking words out of context?

    I fail to see how me using two rude words somehow invalidates my argument. Please elaborate.
    That isn't taking anything out of context.

    It's literally quoting you for exactly what you said IN the context that you said it.

  11. #891
    Answer my question. Elaborate on what you said. Explain why my arguments are wrong.

  12. #892
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Answer my question. Elaborate on what you said. Explain why my arguments are wrong.
    I don't need to do anything like that. Digging your feet in the dirt and demanding more from others while being hypocritical yourself isn't an argument.

    You complained about strawmanning and insults while strawmanning and insulting to make your point. It's pretty self explanatory.

  13. #893
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't need to do explain myself
    I accept your concession

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You complained about strawmanning and insults
    I pointed out that they were completely strawmanning anyone who opposes this change. And that is correct. Literally who is saying what MrLachyG said? Nobody. Nobody is mad because "rah rah I can't spit on people anymore", we're mad because the change is dumb and pointless and doesn't solve anything. It's virtue signaling.

    You're just making some really awkward attempt at calling me a hypocrite, while not actually addressing my arguments. And outright refusing to explain or elaborate. Nice bait, got me to reply.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    strawmanning and insulting to make your point
    Please look up what a strawman argument is, since you clearly do not know.

  14. #894
    You are so bloody obtuse and dense that I am so sad about the mod at the very moment because he spend more than 1 message to try to communicate with you. You literally insult and strawman left and right , then complain about it. Don't even understand the fact that you are doing it, and be this crying, wailing toddler thinking you are right on the process.

  15. #895
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I pointed out that they were completely strawmanning anyone who opposes this change. And that is correct. Literally who is saying what MrLachyG said? Nobody. Nobody is mad because "rah rah I can't spit on people anymore", we're mad because the change is dumb and pointless and doesn't solve anything. It's virtue signaling.
    Just like no one is being a "pansy" like you decidedly called them just for being okay with it being removed?

    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    You're just making some really awkward attempt at calling me a hypocrite, while not actually addressing my arguments. And outright refusing to explain or elaborate. Nice bait, got me to reply.
    I made it quite clear, just because you think it's fine for you to belittle/insult others doesn't mean it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Please look up what a strawman argument is, since you clearly do not know.
    So let me get this straight.

    Two posts making indirect comments joking about the situation is a "strawman", despite not being directed at anyone specifically, despite not having any intention of debating/arguing.

    But you directly quoting them to argue their posts while calling people who are fine with this "pansies" isn't a strawman?

    Because I'd say you should recheck the definition then.

  16. #896
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    You are so bloody obtuse and dense that I am so sad about the mod at the very moment because he spend more than 1 message to try to communicate with you. You literally insult and strawman left and right , then complain about it. Don't even understand the fact that you are doing it, and be this crying, wailing toddler thinking you are right on the process.
    Hello, sockpuppet account.

  17. #897
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I accept your concession


    I pointed out that they were completely strawmanning anyone who opposes this change. And that is correct. Literally who is saying what MrLachyG said? Nobody. Nobody is mad because "rah rah I can't spit on people anymore", we're mad because the change is dumb and pointless and doesn't solve anything. It's virtue signaling.

    You're just making some really awkward attempt at calling me a hypocrite, while not actually addressing my arguments. And outright refusing to explain or elaborate. Nice bait, got me to reply.


    Please look up what a strawman argument is, since you clearly do not know.
    Please look up what words mean, since you clearly do not know. You called out other people for being insulting by...

    Insulting other people.

    You are the very definition of what you were complaining about.

    And not to be Captain Obvious here, but dude? Do you ever go outside? At all? There are so many things going on in the world right now worse than not being able to use a stupid emote on a video game you probably don't like that much anyway, that choosing this as your battleground is the very definition of pointless.

  18. #898
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    We don't care about /spit being removed, we care about it being a completely pointless removal that solves no problems and is pure virtue signaling. Really, what is this supposed to accomplish? Anyone who was actually using it to harass other players will just switch to another emote, or use "/me spits on %t". Nothing has changed. Nothing is fixed.
    It's not getting removed because people used it, it's getting removed because people automated it. How hard is that to understand...

  19. #899
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Hello, sockpuppet account.
    Oh, look, here it is again. That hypocrisy.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    You are so bloody obtuse and dense that I am so sad about the mod at the very moment because he spend more than 1 message to try to communicate with you. You literally insult and strawman left and right , then complain about it. Don't even understand the fact that you are doing it, and be this crying, wailing toddler thinking you are right on the process.
    Just give him a minute. He'll be infracting me shortly and then things will all go back to normal.

  20. #900
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Just like no one is being a "pansy" like you decidedly called them just for being okay with it being removed?
    If nobody was being a pansy about /spit, it wouldn't have gotten removed in the first place, yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I made it quite clear, just because you think it's fine for you to belittle/insult others doesn't mean it is.
    And that wasn't even being argued or discussed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Two posts making indirect comments joking about the situation is a "strawman"
    Yes. Because nobody actually says those things.

    Strawman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    despite not being directed at anyone specifically, despite not having any intention of debating/arguing.
    Neither of those are a requirement for something to be a strawman argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    But you directly quoting them to argue their posts
    It's almost like this is a public forum where people can talk to each other or something

    wow

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    It's not getting removed because people used it, it's getting removed because people automated it.
    Doesn't change my point. Even if this was the case, it's still a pointless change that accomplishes nothing because people will just use a different emote or use "/me spits on %t" instead.

    How hard is that to understand...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •