Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ...
36
44
45
46
  1. #901
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't need to do anything like that. Digging your feet in the dirt and demanding more from others while being hypocritical yourself isn't an argument.

    You complained about strawmanning and insults while strawmanning and insulting to make your point. It's pretty self explanatory.
    While I agree their insults were uncalled for, they do have a point. If /spit is SOOOOOOO toxic for the game, why is it left in retail? If toxic behavior is something they are SOOOOOO concerned about (all of a sudden after 16 years) why are racial slurs still able to be typed into the game? Seems like they only seemed to care when their wallet warriors were on the receiving end of the "toxic behavior" and the entire companies PR current dumpster fire makes the Buffalo Sabres look like a top notch organization... gee, what a weird coincidence...

  2. #902
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    While I agree their insults were uncalled for, they do have a point. If /spit is SOOOOOOO toxic for the game, why is it left in retail? If toxic behavior is something they are SOOOOOO concerned about (all of a sudden after 16 years) why are racial slurs still able to be typed into the game? Seems like they only seemed to care when their wallet warriors were on the receiving end of the "toxic behavior" and the entire companies PR current dumpster fire makes the Buffalo Sabres look like a top notch organization... gee, what a weird coincidence...
    Precisely.

    NOBODY is mad about "reee I can't /spit on people anymore", we're mad that this change is completely pointless and solves nothing. It's virtue signaling.

    And yet still, people will shitpost and joke and meme that "haha you're just mad because you can't spit on people anymore" even though literally nobody is saying that they're mad they can't use /spit anymore.

  3. #903
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    If nobody was being a pansy about /spit, it wouldn't have gotten removed in the first place, yes.
    Ah yes, I remember the huge upheaval and rage about "Bros before Ho ho hos".

    Or wait, no, there was none. Blizzard just changed it because it didn't fit their ideal.

    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    And that wasn't even being argued or discussed.
    It's exactly what you called out the other posters for though.

    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yes. Because nobody actually says those things.

    Strawman.
    And yet your claim of people being "pansies" also holds no weight.


    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Neither of those are a requirement for something to be a strawman argument.
    And where was the argument though in the first place? That's the entire point, that you're just getting offended over them making a joke, and then proceeding to do the same actions anyway as them.


    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It's almost like this is a public forum where people can talk to each other or something

    wow
    Remember where you criticized me for "quoting out of context"?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    While I agree their insults were uncalled for, they do have a point. If /spit is SOOOOOOO toxic for the game, why is it left in retail? If toxic behavior is something they are SOOOOOO concerned about (all of a sudden after 16 years) why are racial slurs still able to be typed into the game? Seems like they only seemed to care when their wallet warriors were on the receiving end of the "toxic behavior" and the entire companies PR current dumpster fire makes the Buffalo Sabres look like a top notch organization... gee, what a weird coincidence...
    I was under the impression the thread was bumped because its removed in 9.1.5 too.

  4. #904
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Ah yes, I remember the huge upheaval and rage about "Bros before Ho ho hos".

    Or wait, no, there was none. Blizzard just changed it because it didn't fit their ideal.
    yep, blizzard just waited 16 years to remove an emote, COINCIDENTALLY at the same time that the company is going through a huge PR disaster and COINCIDENTALLY at the same time as lots of store mount whales having people /spit on them

    all just a big coincidence and blizzard just removed it after 16 years because they didn't like it

    while also keeping every single other "bad" emote in the game, and also allowing you to type racial slurs, those are all okay, but no /spit has to be removed because it's bad

    fucking lmao

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    "you are a hypocrite because I say so"
    "you are making strawman argument because I say so"
    "you are offended because I say so"
    good moderation team

    nice bait, got me to reply

  5. #905
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    yep, blizzard just waited 16 years to remove an emote, COINCIDENTALLY at the same time that the company is going through a huge PR disaster and COINCIDENTALLY at the same time as lots of store mount whales having people /spit on them

    all just a big coincidence and blizzard just removed it after 16 years because they didn't like it
    What are you even going on about

    They're literally changing so many things because of the current lawsuit, yes. That was never up for debate. It's highly likely that's part of why /spit is going too, yeah.

    So...you're literally admitting that it has nothing to do with "pansies" then with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    while also keeping every single other "bad" emote in the game, and also allowing you to type racial slurs, those are all okay, but no /spit has to be removed because it's bad

    fucking lmao
    I will never understand why the fall back is always the slurs argument.

    Not only is that a reportable offense anyway, but there's several systems in place that do prevent it.

  6. #906
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    So...you're literally admitting that it has nothing to do with "pansies" then with that.
    Yep, you're right, there can't possibly be more than 1 reason for a change, there can only be 1 reason and 1 reason only, cannot be multiple reasons, never ever

    fucking lmao

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I will never understand why the fall back is always the slurs argument.
    Because nothing at all is being done to stop ACTUAL offensive communication, meanwhile something as harmless as an emote is being singled out and removed.

    You're just taking my words out of context over and over while making up your own strawman arguments and claiming I'm a hypocrite because of your own strawman arguments. I have to wonder how a troll like you became a moderator.

    Now I know you're going to reply again, once more taking my words out of context and claiming I am a hypocrite because you say so, but don't bother because I won't be reading it. Have fun trolling the rest of the forums.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2021-09-03 at 02:33 PM.

  7. #907
    The Lightbringer vian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Random
    Posts
    3,452
    I take it it's a safe space now? No meanies or anything around?
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  8. #908
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yep, you're right, there can't possibly be more than 1 reason for a change, there can only be 1 reason and 1 reason only, cannot be multiple reasons, never ever

    fucking lmao
    Except you're unable to prove your own assertion even. And it only takes a few moments to realize that the /spitting in TBC has been ongoing for a while now, and they only changed it after the lawsuit.


    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Because nothing at all is being done to stop ACTUAL offensive communication, meanwhile something as harmless as an emote is being singled out and removed.
    Did you miss the entire 9.1.5 update, where they're updating the report system even? Or how they're changing things with almost every update to try to clean up the state of the game in that regard? I've also noted how you suddenly dropped the slur argument after being pointed out how faulty that was.

    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    You're just taking my words out of context over and over while making up your own strawman arguments and claiming I'm a hypocrite because of your own strawman arguments. I have to wonder how a troll like you became a moderator.

    Now I know you're going to reply again, once more taking my words out of context and claiming I am a hypocrite because you say so, but don't bother because I won't be reading it. Have fun trolling the rest of the forums.
    You say this as you would constantly cut my sentences in half, while also literally putting words in my mouth. I've responded to you meanwhile, by leaving your entire sentences intact at least. But whatever helps you feel better I guess.

  9. #909
    Legendary! The One Percent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮
    Posts
    6,426
    Instead of removing /spit, just make it open you up to attack from the player you used it on, even if they are the same faction and they get to attack first (so people can't be forced into pvp with an emote). Much like in real life, if you spit on someone, you should expect to eat your teeth if they are better fighters than you.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

  10. #910
    This is such a funny thing to remove in a game with /insult, /rude and genocide, racism and killing and skinning animals is okay. Not to mention you can just do a custom emote of /e spits on you.

    But some people are happy with it and those same people are probably the most diehard knights that they'll support Blizzard through anything.

  11. #911
    The change is pointless in a sea of BS that needs to be addressed.

    It gives us several messages. One they only did it because it was starting to affect their payers. Two they don't care about us unless money is involved, and three their priorities are completely backwards.

  12. #912
    /spit has been removed from the Classic ERA ptr now too...

    Fuck blizzard
    /spit blizzard

  13. #913
    Quote Originally Posted by MKGulantik View Post
    "Sexual harassment is okay.

    A meaningless emote isn't, especially against those who buy our store mounts."
    Cant have the casuals getting upset!!!!!!! its there game too!!! casual life matters.

  14. #914
    Elemental Lord callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    8,410
    Seriously shocked by this. I thought Classic was the ebodiment of a utopian social environment. Why would anyone on a classic server even bother to use this?

    .. well other than during a cyber episode.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •