Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW developers are more and more clueless. Am I paying my money so they can meaninglessly rename items, am I paying my money so they can remove vital features from the game? What about creating next addon? What about timely delivery of quality content? Is it too much to ask?

15+ Year Old Account
    50% bug

50% People riding the warpstalker submitted too many tickets of people spitting on them, so Blizz decided to solve "harassment"
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    WoW developers are more and more clueless. Am I paying my money so they can meaninglessly rename items, am I paying my money so they can remove vital features from the game? What about creating next addon? What about timely delivery of quality content? Is it too much to ask?
    if you think a spit-emote is a vital feature of the game, you got problems my man...

Some people on this forum:
    You use /spit on people - 'OMG STOP HARASSING OTHER PEOPLE!!!'
    They delete /spit emote - 'OMG stop being childish about deleting it! It is just an emote so who cares??'

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    50% bug

50% People riding the warpstalker submitted too many tickets of people spitting on them, so Blizz decided to solve "harassment"
    If it's not a bug it's probably Blizzard testing the water to see the reaction, and if the reaction is bad they'll just say it's a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    That will stop sexual harassment at the workplace.
    "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" - Laozi.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Way to not respond to a single point raised. Typical.
    lmao what point??? I'm explaining why I don't like the emote, which has nothing to do with your little tangent. I didn't respond to it because there's nothing to respond to, you're arguing with something that's not even what I was saying.

Let me state it in no uncertain terms: I hate the /spit emote because it's unnecessary, stupid and disgusting, and spitting on someone in a role play setting is grounds for being attacked. I don't hate it because it's "offensive" or because of some imaginary SJW boogeyman ruining your games, I hate it because it's not necessary as an emote. I wouldn't want you to be able to shit on people with an emote either, by your logic I must think shitting on someone is worse than murder.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Has nothing to do with being 'lefty' or not. And if you really wanted to play that game, people on the right are MUCH bigger snowflakes than those on the left.
    Thanks for the laugh.

In any case, pretty pointless change. If people are so easily triggered than an emote sets them off, they should probably stay off the internet. Not that I agree with the ridiculous bandwagon of spitting on anyone who used a boost, but nobody should care enough to actually get bothered by it. If it takes up too much chat log or something, just turn emotes off.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Thanks for the laugh.
    Look at this thread and the sheer amount of "anti-SJW" crap people are bawling about when this has nothing to do with the left at all. This is entirely because people were using it to grief with an add-on and they probably realized that the emote doesn't really have any context except griefing.

I swear to god, the evil "left" lives in your heads rent-free. I've seen so much more complaining about this pretend boogeyman group that ruins all your video games than I've seen said group actually doing anything. Any time anything gets removed or changed someone will find some juvenile way to explain why it's totally the "woke media" despite the fact that nobody asked for it in the first place.

Businesses have always tried to pander to the popular opinion for brownie points, this isn't anything new and doesn't have a political lean.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Cause it's being done by consenting adults.
    The /spitting is also being done by consenting adults.

By playing the game, you're consenting to whatever emotes a player decides to use on you. Don't like it? Don't play the game.

There's a reason custom emotes are censored for the opposite faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I understand both sides of the argument...doesn't do anything to fight sexual harassment, but at the same time why do so many people have to be salty about how others spend their own money?

I thought Classic was supposed to bring back this awesome community of yesteryear? Seems like it's almost more toxic than even live is...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    There's a reason custom emotes are censored for the opposite faction.
    It is to stop cross faction communication. Nothing more. Nothing less. Playing the game also has never meant anything allowed can be done otherwise Blizzard wouldn't silence, infract, or implement game changes based on things players do. You know like when Blizzard changes the addon API to block behaviors that Blizzard doesn't agree with.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I do wonder at the mental fragility one would have to suffer from in order to feel significant relief or triumphalist glee at the removal of this emote. I can't imagine most well-adjusted adults would react in that way. Imagine being fine with your character stabbing or burning other player characters to death, but getting upset when they /spit on you.

Actually, imagine explaining it.

"They wanted to make the game feel safer so they disabled an emote that let you spit on other players"
    "But you can still fight other players and kill them though?"
    Yeah"
    "So you can stab them and make them bleed, burn them, execute them with swords and axes, set wolves on them while you shoot them with arrows, give them plagues and diseases, curse them, flay their minds with shadow magic, and a whole lot more?"
    "Yeah"
    "But spitting on them is a step too far?"
    "..."
    couldnt the same be said for the fragility needed to be hurt/care this emote was removed? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Not removed from Retail (EU) as of yet...just tried it.
    Really don't understand the reasoning for removing it on Classic before Live, is it the streamer bullshit only?

/fart new meta? oder /insult? can someone tell me what would min max the max rage ?

Blizzard will eventually just push people to make an addon that blacklists people that have the mount.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Oh my god… who the hell cares?
    The problem is when powerful people get in trouble, they make meaningless gestures to claim they have fixed the problem, when nothing really gets fixed.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    I mean I understand both sides of the argument...doesn't do anything to fight sexual harassment, but at the same time why do so many people have to be salty about how others spend their own money?

I thought Classic was supposed to bring back this awesome community of yesteryear? Seems like it's almost more toxic than even live is...
    I don't think it was ever really meant to fight sexual harassment, people are just making connections where there are none. This is probably a counteractive measure against the TBC addon that /spits on everyone who is riding the Warp Stalker mount. Which I mean...yeah the TBC pack is stupid but I think it's even more stupid to judge working adults on how they wish to spend their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    /fart new meta? oder /insult? can someone tell me what would min max the max rage ?
    Those are both extremely goofy. I don't think there's another emote that fills the same douchey role.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Justified tbh. Remember when people used to exclude people who bought The Retarded Horse (the first storemount added) from pugs? Same thing happened with the transmog masks in MoP.

Microtransactions have no place in a game that already has a subscription model.
    No I don't remember that, but maybe because I had Shadowmourne so I never had any issues with pugs at the end of WotLK. Either way, it's still pretty disgusting. Also, microtransactions were a thing since TBC with the trading card game (actually that was even worse as you had to spend much more money for the goodies and no one really cared for the cardgame anyways). One could argue Collectors Editions were not that different either. The only difference is that shop stuff isn't artifical scarce anymore. But well, I'm a collector in real life and I always loved event exclusive or vanity items - and it's only cosmetics anyways. And these days most shop stuff is even free if you are subbed - honestly imo they should add a monthly goody to the sub as loyality bonus, but imagine the tears.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2021-07-30 at 10:26 PM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

TBC mount must have under performed and the Blizzard solution is always to blame the player and punish the player. Wonder how they will get around to blaming the sexual assault charges from the state of California on the players as well.