Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
19
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Rhorle dear chap, did you not notice that the brief conversation I had with The Oblivion was entirely on the mindset of those who were upset about the use of the spit emote and those who are critical of its apparent removal? It's like you only read some of the words and made your own narrative with them.
    Right. And both are being snowflakes over the issue. You are to focused on word play that you are missing out on what is actually being said by people.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I bet they will remove /rude next. I mean ok lets play devil's advocate here: /spit as a show of resentment could be seen as "provocative" etc. However, being realistic and HONEST: Does anyone go around using /spit for no reason? Or do they use it to show resentment against UNFAIR PLAY.

    But hey Im sure in between legal battles for discrimination and sexual harrassment (among other things) it really fixes the company image to remove emotes that could be used to trigger any sort of negative emotion. Such laughable hypocricy blizzard...
    I definitely use it against all Alliance players I see. Doesnt need to have a reason. We're enemies in an RPG, I'm roleplaying the kind of guy that massacres as many gnomes as possible and I'd like to continue spitting on their corpses. Are they gonna turn off the ability to kneel, too, so we stop tea-bagging?

  3. #163
    This is so incredibly sad, petty, and disconnected. I hope Classic TBC players make such a big stink about this that it gets reverted. I'll continue to use it in retail in your memory lmao.
    You think you don't, but you do

  4. #164
    Scarab Lord Motorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Any posh place
    Posts
    4,838
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    "MUH CENSORSHIP!!!! MUH FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

    it's a videogame

    a videogame in which you signed a TOS outlining things you can and cannot do
    Yes, and for 16 years this and other emotes have existed and been usable in macro even without any repercussions because they were made to be used.

    So on topic: If there is a change in the ToS players should be asked to refresh their awareness and acceptance of the ToS or CHOOSE to opt out.

    It’s not about the emote per se but about the customer treatment which is becoming worse every day.

    Fair warning or sharing their thoughts on why the decided something is nice.
    WoW forums in a nutshell:
    m8 i've been around since Feb 2005, I know it all.
    i outgrew the games playerbase.
    So I was using a gold dupe hack. I don't know why i was banned for this. It is so unfair.
    People need an incentive to play content. "Its fun!" is simply not enough.
    Btw iam multi glad so plz dont tell me how to play, kkthxbye

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    If PVP is all about honor then /spit doesn't really fit with that. It's a juvenile inclusion to the emotes that never should have been in a game rated for 13-year olds to start with. I don't mind that it's gone or still around but talk about honor while everyone is spitting on everyone else is counter-intuitive. Y'all will survive OK with out it. If that's enough to get you to leave the game, you were standing at the door trying to get out to start with.

    Just reading this thread the over-the-top reactions to having it removed only confirm that maybe it's a good idea. It's low-hanging fruit which isn't going to fix anything but low-hanging fruit is always a start on getting at a larger problem. I doubt that Blizzard is doing little more here than engaging in performative cosmetic changes.

    If they're going to do it in Classic then it needs to be out everywhere.
    Holy shit someone with more than half a brain, thank you.

    It blows my mind how many people are talking about sexual assault and "liberals" when both have absolutely nothing to do with this. There is an addon that /spits on everyone who rides the warp stalker mount, I don't think it's a coincidence that they suddenly realized that emote is an issue.

    I've hated it since vanilla, not for any reason other than the fact that it's not an action that has any context other than being shitty to people. If you spit on someone IRL, that person is very likely either going to kick your ass or try to get someone else to kick your ass.

    There are too many people on this forum with their brain stuck in 2016, thinking everything is an attack from the evil liberal feminists and getting defensive the moment Blizzard changes anything. It's pathetic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I definitely use it against all Alliance players I see. Doesnt need to have a reason. We're enemies in an RPG, I'm roleplaying the kind of guy that massacres as many gnomes as possible and I'd like to continue spitting on their corpses. Are they gonna turn off the ability to kneel, too, so we stop tea-bagging?
    There's still /pity, /mock, /laugh, /scoff and /insult for that. This isn't removing the ability to be assholes to the opposite faction.
    If you reply to me with a full essay I'm probably not going to bother reading it, sorry.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I'm starting to seriously wonder if you have difficulty with reading comprehension. I'm not comparing the action to those things, I'm saying that the action makes no sense as an emote. It's a hostile action that doesn't really have any purpose and in a realistic situation would get your ass kicked.

    If you could /assassinate or /behead someone I would feel the same way. Is this really that hard to grasp for you? Or are you just going to keep arguing with a strawman?
    Oh dear the level of confusion here is astounding. You keep confusing real life actions and reactions with a video game. "well if someone spits on another person they would get their ass kicked!" well then, i have amazing news for you - world of warcraft IS NOT REAL -when someone does /spit they are not spitting on you irl - you do know that, right? Or have you gone so far down the RP rabbit hole you cant separate real life from fantasy anymore?

    Worried that someone will hurt your feelings and you wont be able to physically respond in a video game is beyond pathetic - im blown away that THIS is your problem with it. Based on your replies, you get so wound up when someone /spit on you, you want to physically harm the person controlling the other character - IN A VIDEO GAME. You have brought it up twice now, the ol "well if someone did that irl they would get their ass kicked" - it seems like the core of your entire argument. "its not fair because i cant retaliate with physical violence" has to be the absolute pinnacle of cringe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    you have to be a moron to of said .

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Holy shit someone with more than half a brain, thank you.

    It blows my mind how many people are talking about sexual assault and "liberals" when both have absolutely nothing to do with this. There is an addon that /spits on everyone who rides the warp stalker mount, I don't think it's a coincidence that they suddenly realized that emote is an issue.

    I've hated it since vanilla, not for any reason other than the fact that it's not an action that has any context other than being shitty to people. If you spit on someone IRL, that person is very likely either going to kick your ass or try to get someone else to kick your ass.

    There are too many people on this forum with their brain stuck in 2016, thinking everything is an attack from the evil liberal feminists and getting defensive the moment Blizzard changes anything. It's pathetic.

    There's still /pity, /mock, /laugh, /scoff and /insult for that. This isn't removing the ability to be assholes to the opposite faction.
    Offense is taken, not given. Always. Intentions behind insults are irrelevant.

    I can choose not get offended by something someone says or does to me. That means everyone else can aswell.

    You "hating" an emote in a game tells me you got some serious issues you should get looked at.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    You "hating" an emote in a game tells me you got some serious issues you should get looked at.
    Here is their issue right here:

    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    spitting on someone in a role play setting is grounds for being attacked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    If you spit on someone IRL, that person is very likely either going to kick your ass or try to get someone else to kick your ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    It's a hostile action that doesn't really have any purpose and in a realistic situation would get your ass kicked.
    They get so upset when someone /spit them in game because they cannot physically assault that person
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    you have to be a moron to of said .

  9. #169
    Someone please explain to me how the removal of spit emote makes the game or game experience worse for them, I fail to understand how it would make the experience worse- but I can understand why it could make the experience better for some.

    /spit serves no purpose other than to taunt, mock, bully, ridicule other players. It's an expression of disgust and show of disrespect, in many cultures the action is extremely offensive (yes, including cultures in western society). There's not a single positive context to the spit emote, it serves no other purpose (in my opinion) to aggravate people (or try to do so).

    Why was the spit emote an issue on TBC Classic? Well, a Weak Aura was spread around that automatically did /spit on characters riding on the mount people got from the "level boost pack". If you have tens, if not hundreds, of these emotes to you a day ...how does that add any positivity to the person- or the game as a whole?
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Someone please explain to me how the removal of spit emote makes the game or game experience worse for them, I fail to understand how it would make the experience worse- but I can understand why it could make the experience better for some.

    /spit serves no purpose other than to taunt, mock, bully, ridicule other players. It's an expression of disgust and show of disrespect, in many cultures the action is extremely offensive (yes, including cultures in western society). There's not a single positive context to the spit emote, it serves no other purpose (in my opinion) to aggravate people (or try to do so).

    Why was the spit emote an issue on TBC Classic? Well, a Weak Aura was spread around that automatically did /spit on characters riding on the mount people got from the "level boost pack". If you have tens, if not hundreds, of these emotes to you a day ...how does that add any positivity to the person- or the game as a whole?

    You mean like /mock and /taunt..............lololol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    you have to be a moron to of said .

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Someone please explain to me how the removal of spit emote makes the game or game experience worse for them, I fail to understand how it would make the experience worse- but I can understand why it could make the experience better for some.

    /spit serves no purpose other than to taunt, mock, bully, ridicule other players. It's an expression of disgust and show of disrespect, in many cultures the action is extremely offensive (yes, including cultures in western society). There's not a single positive context to the spit emote, it serves no other purpose (in my opinion) to aggravate people (or try to do so).

    Why was the spit emote an issue on TBC Classic? Well, a Weak Aura was spread around that automatically did /spit on characters riding on the mount people got from the "level boost pack". If you have tens, if not hundreds, of these emotes to you a day ...how does that add any positivity to the person- or the game as a whole?
    It's removal of choice of emotional display. Any removal of existing choice of emotional display is lessening the game. Doesnt matter what it is.

  12. #172
    Honestly don't mind at all. Nothing good ever really came from that emote.

  13. #173
    Sure makes me wonder why people'd be so upset about their ability to spit on others being limited somewhat.
    Never liked that emote, happy if it'd be removed entirely tbh. Only ever saw it used by gankers or bitter losers (or a few jerks spamming it in bgs for example like someone mentioned earlier).
    To combat an overarching mentality that online toxicity is okay and disliking it is somehow weakness, it's not like you can just push one button and it'll all disappear. Gradual change in attitude and mentality is necessary. Starting small with a tiny little hint that spitting on others is not really okay is not insignificant. As such I support this slight limitation entirely. You want to go out of your way to move around it with /e etc, all the more obvious how big a deal it is to send this signal, good job Blizzard.
    That whole spitting on store mount owners is just pathetic. Never bought anything in the store (beyond the base games and subscriptions I suppose), but frankly none of my business what others spend their money on.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Driahtvacahtve View Post
    Sure makes me wonder why people'd be so upset about their ability to spit on others being limited somewhat.
    Never liked that emote, happy if it'd be removed entirely tbh. Only ever saw it used by gankers or bitter losers (or a few jerks spamming it in bgs for example like someone mentioned earlier).
    To combat an overarching mentality that online toxicity is okay and disliking it is somehow weakness, it's not like you can just push one button and it'll all disappear. Gradual change in attitude and mentality is necessary. Starting small with a tiny little hint that spitting on others is not really okay is not insignificant. As such I support this slight limitation entirely. You want to go out of your way to move around it with /e etc, all the more obvious how big a deal it is to send this signal, good job Blizzard.
    That whole spitting on store mount owners is just pathetic. Never bought anything in the store (beyond the base games and subscriptions I suppose), but frankly none of my business what others spend their money on.
    What happens when they start to "slightly limit" something you enjoy? You will be totally ok with that too? Or you are just ok with them limiting things you dont personally like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    you have to be a moron to of said .

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Offense is taken, not given. Always. Intentions behind insults are irrelevant.

    I can choose not get offended by something someone says or does to me. That means everyone else can aswell.

    You "hating" an emote in a game tells me you got some serious issues you should get looked at.
    I'm sure someone somewhere thinks you're such a badass now.

    Anyway, it's a symbolic move more than anything. The people who want to be juvenile at others will find some mean to do so. The gross overreaction to this is kind of entertaining in its own right but nothing more will come out of it.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

  16. #176
    This must be the most performative virtue-signaling move in the most inappropriate time a videogame company has done. I unironically cant think of anything dumber in modern times

    "Oh you know our employees are treated like shit, they are underpaid, they are sexually harassed, they are not allowed to unionize"
    "Well what to do"
    "Remove an emote that some clowns on twitter found offensive because they were getting/spit on in the game because they bought a bobby kottick bonus boost"
    Last edited by Kaito92; 2021-07-31 at 02:50 AM.

  17. #177
    The Patient Codah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    This must the most performative virtue-signaling move in the most inappropriate time a videogame company has done. I unironically cant think of anything dumber in modern times

    "Oh you know our employees are treated like shit, they underpaid, they are sexually harassed, they are not allowed to unionize"
    "Well what to do"
    "Remove an emote that some clowns on twitter found offensive because they were getting/spit on in the game because they bought a bobby kottick bonus boost"
    It's ironic bc this is what the culture decided was important long ago. If this is the first stage of it coming back to haunt them then fucking lol.

  18. #178
    Thank you based blizzard devs. I bought 40 more phase hunters and got my whole guild the pig to affirm my support for such a change in the game. These jealous (and obviously poor, cause why else would they complain) people need to realize their place.

    Can’t wait until they add tokens for TBCC too. I’ll be sure to buy the weekly limit for most of the year like I have been for the most part on retail.

    P.S Can you hotfix this into retail as well! We surely need it vs the minions of “He who shall not be named” when they come back from their cope trip in other MMOs. We all know you guys and gals and everyone else at Blizzard are the only ones capable of making the best games!

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Oh dear the level of confusion here is astounding. You keep confusing real life actions and reactions with a video game. "well if someone spits on another person they would get their ass kicked!" well then, i have amazing news for you - world of warcraft IS NOT REAL -when someone does /spit they are not spitting on you irl - you do know that, right? Or have you gone so far down the RP rabbit hole you cant separate real life from fantasy anymore?

    Worried that someone will hurt your feelings and you wont be able to physically respond in a video game is beyond pathetic - im blown away that THIS is your problem with it. Based on your replies, you get so wound up when someone /spit on you, you want to physically harm the person controlling the other character - IN A VIDEO GAME. You have brought it up twice now, the ol "well if someone did that irl they would get their ass kicked" - it seems like the core of your entire argument. "its not fair because i cant retaliate with physical violence" has to be the absolute pinnacle of cringe.
    You are way overinspecting my reasons for disliking an emote. You do know that two people can simply disagree without throwing a temper tantrum about it and blaming some sort of imaginary boogeyman, right? This is getting old, and you aren't actually interested in discussing this at all.

    I think the emote is stupid because spitting on someone can only be interpreted one way, and I really don't see the purpose of that emote existing. If you want to mald about neoliberals or feminism or SJWs be my guest, but you're barking up the wrong tree my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Offense is taken, not given. Always. Intentions behind insults are irrelevant.

    I can choose not get offended by something someone says or does to me. That means everyone else can aswell.

    You "hating" an emote in a game tells me you got some serious issues you should get looked at.
    Thanks for your input, armchair psychologist on the internet! Unfortunately for you, your narrative that I'm somehow upset by this emote is lost on me because I haven't even played WoW since early-mid BfA, except for like...two days to level through shadowlands.

    People can hate anything in a game and be just fine with it, but it's ironic that you'd claim that hating and taking offense to things is bad while also defending the emote used by children upset that you killed them in PvP. You're overanalyzing the term "hate" here though. I'm saying I think the emote is stupid and people are misunderstanding the reason why it was removed in the first place because this forum is full of people who don't touch grass.

    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    They get so upset when someone /spit them in game because they cannot physically assault that person
    I love how you completely ditched your previous arguing point to just fixate on something I was saying to try to make a point about an action. I'm not saying I'd beat the shit out of someone for spitting on me, I probably wouldn't because I'm tiny as hell and not capable of fighting anyone. I'm saying that in a role-playing game world it never made sense to me that people can casually do emotes that have no context other than to be a twat, that would likely instigate a fight if actually performed.

    The role-playing part is really important. I stated it before, and I'll state it again just in case you missed it. If you can't figure this out then I think you're gonna need to go back to school, I'm not your mom and it's not my job to teach you how to read.
    Last edited by Irian; 2021-07-31 at 02:56 AM.
    If you reply to me with a full essay I'm probably not going to bother reading it, sorry.

  20. #180
    Banned Leotheras the Blind's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In SSC banished by Murkbloods again.
    Posts
    4,456
    Same thing I've said for years about those that report and moderate for language in games and forums. If you're offended by the things someone says, there's an ignore button, use it you weak crybaby bitch.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •