Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty retarded, but that's modern blizzard for you

Wow... that’s... that’s bad.

Players who spend extra money on the game most be shielded from negativity at all cost.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Good riddance. The "lets spit on store mount buyers on TBC classic realms"-movement was disgusting as hell.
    remember all the TRH memes and hate for the spectral horse mount?
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2021-07-30 at 06:12 PM.

Is this fake?! I can still spit on others. Just tried on some store mount owners, works fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today, it's /spit, tomorrow it's /fart. This is too far!!!!

Something something libruls taking away our freedom of spit!

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sadly, it was most likely removed due to certain people acting like idiots, spamming it.

Hopefully said actions do not translate to progression/main servers.
    You new to the game? Or never played on a PvP server...
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

I'll miss it. RIP /spit.

Ill be damned (>_<) Asmongold started this. This is too funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Nope, been here since WoW launched. And during some /spit on a PvP server is not even close to the experience I hear from people from the Classic servers.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    I think, in this case, Asmon recommended players spit on people on boost-mounts. It was a funny way to make a point at the time, but even he has had to tell his audience to stop doing that once or twice while streaming. Players took it a little seriously.

If Blizz really is removing /spit over this, I think they're missing the point and they're certainly not fixing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    So I took some extra time to report that jerk.
    I would've taken the extra time to put him on /ignore.

But that's just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they don't remove /flop, I'm happy.

what the fuck blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    Infraction for trolling? Am I wrong? lol
    Not wrong. Just some overzealous mods who infract a little more harshly depending on certain views they have. They use "trolling" as the excuse because its vague enough that they don't have to explain themselves. I was once in a thread talking about ppl from different continents playing in dif regions on wow with 500ms+ ping. Mentioned i dont want non natives in my group for the obvious ping issue and got a nice little ban for it lol. Was told nothing I said was wrong, but it could be interpreted wrong

15+ Year Old Account
    Good. It's only ever been used to insult other players. Just about the most low class way of doing it, too.

It's a rather bad mentality to have to address an issue, assuming it's about the whole microtransactions debacle. The correct answer is to deal with said issues on a case-by-case basis to determine if some ToS violations have been made. The lazy and bad precedent is to remove 'problematic language'. I think the better solution in between would be allowing players to suppress emotes from players when they have them on ignore, allowing individuals to take matters into their own hands if necessary. Heck, this would be useful in retail WoW, as the general follow-up harassment of players on ignore is to spam-emote people.

Blizz hasn't been making the most level-headed decisions as of late, this is just another bad decision in a long line of bad decisions.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by MKGulantik View Post
    "Sexual harassment is okay.

A meaningless emote isn't, especially against those who buy our store mounts."
    just to play devil's advocate here, who said "sexual harassment is okay"?

It never should have existed in the first place, but as reaction to their current shitshow, removing it is irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    However, being realistic and HONEST: Does anyone go around using /spit for no reason?
    Yes? All the time. Literally see people /spit all the time while running past other players.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.