Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrittenMitten View Post
    The fact that a player feels that they need to express this "poorly raised juvenile" emote against someone only shows that the user of this emote needs to grow thicker skin. Especially if they are unable to play a video game without manifesting these ill-mannered reactions.
    It's a role playing game. You can "/rude", you can "/silly", you can "/dance", you can "/train" and you can "/spit". And anyone offended can simply -ignore- the person who bothers them. Why remove a funny emote used often between friends?

Again, if anyone insults you, or bores you, or simply is someone you don't want to read\see anything about, you can use the IGNORE function already available in the game.

If that isn't enough, i'm extremely sorry about all the pain you will endure in your online experiences.

Also, explain again why it's only an issue on TBCc but it's not an issue on Retail?

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Also, what's the difference between "/spit" and "/me spits on %t"?

None.
    "/me spits on" shows as "/me makes some strange gestures" to opposite faction, but that's about it.

(and pvp is where i see it used the most personally)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    a funny emote used often between friends?
    upon reading this 13 people fell of their chairs and died from laughter

Please...

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Good riddance. The "lets spit on store mount buyers on TBC classic realms"-movement was disgusting as hell.
    Imagine being this insulted by an emote. Log off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MKGulantik View Post
    "Sexual harassment is okay.

A meaningless emote isn't, especially against those who buy our store mounts."
    first they removed /pet now this...

I really hate this neo-liberal culture, removing a spit emote will stop some of the guys at Blizzard from being pigs? Who believes this crap?

Quote Originally Posted by snugg View Post
    Whether you're against the emote or for it or indifferent isn't the point, someone is deciding for you how you'll be. That's frightful. 'it's their game' 'they're can teach what they want' they're only teachers if we let them, it's only their game if we play, what we're really learning is they are filed with malice, what we're doing is watching lesson and the game appear worthy.

That seems wrong and when more/enough decisions on how our world should be, from those who only want to seem like they care, the more indifference or even hatred they'll create. And the more people will leave, because good or bad, people want genuine, and blizzard isn't' being genuine they're just want to make them appear appropriate which means disingenuous. They should have banned/removed the streamer(s) who create this behavior, they're no different and they're living examples of the kind of harassment blizzard wants to appear and claim they don't associate with. Or put it on a 1 min cd so can't be used very often.
    But it is their game. You want a game with a /spit emote? Make one. Then you can do whatever you want. Until then, you'll do what Blizzard wants or you'll have to find something else to do with your time.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

I wonder when will they remove/patch every single bikini armour in game aswell. Which in turn would mean they'd have to patch some of the Night Elf NPC's. Won't be long now.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Mass murder *this is fine*
    Genocide *this is fine*
    Beheadings *this is fine*
    Murder *this is fine*
    Death, decay, rotting flesh *this is fine*
    Betrayal, assassinations *this is fine*
    /Spit *to arms comrades! Totally unacceptable!*.
    I'm starting to seriously wonder if you have difficulty with reading comprehension. I'm not comparing the action to those things, I'm saying that the action makes no sense as an emote. It's a hostile action that doesn't really have any purpose and in a realistic situation would get your ass kicked.

If you could /assassinate or /behead someone I would feel the same way. Is this really that hard to grasp for you? Or are you just going to keep arguing with a strawman?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Good riddance. The "lets spit on store mount buyers on TBC classic realms"-movement was disgusting as hell.
    Would anyone actually be bothered by this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Rhorle dear chap, did you not notice that the brief conversation I had with The Oblivion was entirely on the mindset of those who were upset about the use of the spit emote and those who are critical of its apparent removal? It's like you only read some of the words and made your own narrative with them.
    Right. And both are being snowflakes over the issue. You are to focused on word play that you are missing out on what is actually being said by people.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I bet they will remove /rude next. I mean ok lets play devil's advocate here: /spit as a show of resentment could be seen as "provocative" etc. However, being realistic and HONEST: Does anyone go around using /spit for no reason? Or do they use it to show resentment against UNFAIR PLAY.

But hey Im sure in between legal battles for discrimination and sexual harrassment (among other things) it really fixes the company image to remove emotes that could be used to trigger any sort of negative emotion. Such laughable hypocricy blizzard...
    I definitely use it against all Alliance players I see. Doesnt need to have a reason. We're enemies in an RPG, I'm roleplaying the kind of guy that massacres as many gnomes as possible and I'd like to continue spitting on their corpses. Are they gonna turn off the ability to kneel, too, so we stop tea-bagging?

This is so incredibly sad, petty, and disconnected. I hope Classic TBC players make such a big stink about this that it gets reverted. I'll continue to use it in retail in your memory lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    If PVP is all about honor then /spit doesn't really fit with that. It's a juvenile inclusion to the emotes that never should have been in a game rated for 13-year olds to start with. I don't mind that it's gone or still around but talk about honor while everyone is spitting on everyone else is counter-intuitive. Y'all will survive OK with out it. If that's enough to get you to leave the game, you were standing at the door trying to get out to start with.

Just reading this thread the over-the-top reactions to having it removed only confirm that maybe it's a good idea. It's low-hanging fruit which isn't going to fix anything but low-hanging fruit is always a start on getting at a larger problem. I doubt that Blizzard is doing little more here than engaging in performative cosmetic changes.

If they're going to do it in Classic then it needs to be out everywhere.
    Holy shit someone with more than half a brain, thank you.

It blows my mind how many people are talking about sexual assault and "liberals" when both have absolutely nothing to do with this. There is an addon that /spits on everyone who rides the warp stalker mount, I don't think it's a coincidence that they suddenly realized that emote is an issue.

I've hated it since vanilla, not for any reason other than the fact that it's not an action that has any context other than being shitty to people. If you spit on someone IRL, that person is very likely either going to kick your ass or try to get someone else to kick your ass.

There are too many people on this forum with their brain stuck in 2016, thinking everything is an attack from the evil liberal feminists and getting defensive the moment Blizzard changes anything. It's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I definitely use it against all Alliance players I see. Doesnt need to have a reason. We're enemies in an RPG, I'm roleplaying the kind of guy that massacres as many gnomes as possible and I'd like to continue spitting on their corpses. Are they gonna turn off the ability to kneel, too, so we stop tea-bagging?
    There's still /pity, /mock, /laugh, /scoff and /insult for that. This isn't removing the ability to be assholes to the opposite faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I'm starting to seriously wonder if you have difficulty with reading comprehension. I'm not comparing the action to those things, I'm saying that the action makes no sense as an emote. It's a hostile action that doesn't really have any purpose and in a realistic situation would get your ass kicked.

If you could /assassinate or /behead someone I would feel the same way. Is this really that hard to grasp for you? Or are you just going to keep arguing with a strawman?
    Oh dear the level of confusion here is astounding. You keep confusing real life actions and reactions with a video game. "well if someone spits on another person they would get their ass kicked!" well then, i have amazing news for you - world of warcraft IS NOT REAL -when someone does /spit they are not spitting on you irl - you do know that, right? Or have you gone so far down the RP rabbit hole you cant separate real life from fantasy anymore?

Worried that someone will hurt your feelings and you wont be able to physically respond in a video game is beyond pathetic - im blown away that THIS is your problem with it. Based on your replies, you get so wound up when someone /spit on you, you want to physically harm the person controlling the other character - IN A VIDEO GAME. You have brought it up twice now, the ol "well if someone did that irl they would get their ass kicked" - it seems like the core of your entire argument. "its not fair because i cant retaliate with physical violence" has to be the absolute pinnacle of cringe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Holy shit someone with more than half a brain, thank you.

It blows my mind how many people are talking about sexual assault and "liberals" when both have absolutely nothing to do with this. There is an addon that /spits on everyone who rides the warp stalker mount, I don't think it's a coincidence that they suddenly realized that emote is an issue.

I've hated it since vanilla, not for any reason other than the fact that it's not an action that has any context other than being shitty to people. If you spit on someone IRL, that person is very likely either going to kick your ass or try to get someone else to kick your ass.

There are too many people on this forum with their brain stuck in 2016, thinking everything is an attack from the evil liberal feminists and getting defensive the moment Blizzard changes anything. It's pathetic.

There's still /pity, /mock, /laugh, /scoff and /insult for that. This isn't removing the ability to be assholes to the opposite faction.
    Offense is taken, not given. Always. Intentions behind insults are irrelevant.

I can choose not get offended by something someone says or does to me. That means everyone else can aswell.

You "hating" an emote in a game tells me you got some serious issues you should get looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    You "hating" an emote in a game tells me you got some serious issues you should get looked at.
    Here is their issue right here:

spitting on someone in a role play setting is grounds for being attacked.
    If you spit on someone IRL, that person is very likely either going to kick your ass or try to get someone else to kick your ass.
    It's a hostile action that doesn't really have any purpose and in a realistic situation would get your ass kicked.
    They get so upset when someone /spit them in game because they cannot physically assault that person
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Someone please explain to me how the removal of spit emote makes the game or game experience worse for them, I fail to understand how it would make the experience worse- but I can understand why it could make the experience better for some.

/spit serves no purpose other than to taunt, mock, bully, ridicule other players. It's an expression of disgust and show of disrespect, in many cultures the action is extremely offensive (yes, including cultures in western society). There's not a single positive context to the spit emote, it serves no other purpose (in my opinion) to aggravate people (or try to do so).

Why was the spit emote an issue on TBC Classic? Well, a Weak Aura was spread around that automatically did /spit on characters riding on the mount people got from the "level boost pack". If you have tens, if not hundreds, of these emotes to you a day ...how does that add any positivity to the person- or the game as a whole?
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Someone please explain to me how the removal of spit emote makes the game or game experience worse for them, I fail to understand how it would make the experience worse- but I can understand why it could make the experience better for some.

/spit serves no purpose other than to taunt, mock, bully, ridicule other players. It's an expression of disgust and show of disrespect, in many cultures the action is extremely offensive (yes, including cultures in western society). There's not a single positive context to the spit emote, it serves no other purpose (in my opinion) to aggravate people (or try to do so).

Why was the spit emote an issue on TBC Classic? Well, a Weak Aura was spread around that automatically did /spit on characters riding on the mount people got from the "level boost pack". If you have tens, if not hundreds, of these emotes to you a day ...how does that add any positivity to the person- or the game as a whole?

You mean like /mock and /taunt..............lololol.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post

It's removal of choice of emotional display. Any removal of existing choice of emotional display is lessening the game. Doesnt matter what it is.