Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Honestly don't mind at all. Nothing good ever really came from that emote.

Sure makes me wonder why people'd be so upset about their ability to spit on others being limited somewhat.
    Never liked that emote, happy if it'd be removed entirely tbh. Only ever saw it used by gankers or bitter losers (or a few jerks spamming it in bgs for example like someone mentioned earlier).
    To combat an overarching mentality that online toxicity is okay and disliking it is somehow weakness, it's not like you can just push one button and it'll all disappear. Gradual change in attitude and mentality is necessary. Starting small with a tiny little hint that spitting on others is not really okay is not insignificant. As such I support this slight limitation entirely. You want to go out of your way to move around it with /e etc, all the more obvious how big a deal it is to send this signal, good job Blizzard.
    That whole spitting on store mount owners is just pathetic. Never bought anything in the store (beyond the base games and subscriptions I suppose), but frankly none of my business what others spend their money on.

Quote Originally Posted by Driahtvacahtve View Post
    Sure makes me wonder why people'd be so upset about their ability to spit on others being limited somewhat.
    Never liked that emote, happy if it'd be removed entirely tbh. Only ever saw it used by gankers or bitter losers (or a few jerks spamming it in bgs for example like someone mentioned earlier).
    To combat an overarching mentality that online toxicity is okay and disliking it is somehow weakness, it's not like you can just push one button and it'll all disappear. Gradual change in attitude and mentality is necessary. Starting small with a tiny little hint that spitting on others is not really okay is not insignificant. As such I support this slight limitation entirely. You want to go out of your way to move around it with /e etc, all the more obvious how big a deal it is to send this signal, good job Blizzard.
    That whole spitting on store mount owners is just pathetic. Never bought anything in the store (beyond the base games and subscriptions I suppose), but frankly none of my business what others spend their money on.
    What happens when they start to "slightly limit" something you enjoy? You will be totally ok with that too? Or you are just ok with them limiting things you dont personally like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Offense is taken, not given. Always. Intentions behind insults are irrelevant.

I can choose not get offended by something someone says or does to me. That means everyone else can aswell.

You "hating" an emote in a game tells me you got some serious issues you should get looked at.
    I'm sure someone somewhere thinks you're such a badass now.

Anyway, it's a symbolic move more than anything. The people who want to be juvenile at others will find some mean to do so. The gross overreaction to this is kind of entertaining in its own right but nothing more will come out of it.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    This must the most performative virtue-signaling move in the most inappropriate time a videogame company has done. I unironically cant think of anything dumber in modern times

"Oh you know our employees are treated like shit, they underpaid, they are sexually harassed, they are not allowed to unionize"
    "Well what to do"
    "Remove an emote that some clowns on twitter found offensive because they were getting/spit on in the game because they bought a bobby kottick bonus boost"
    It's ironic bc this is what the culture decided was important long ago. If this is the first stage of it coming back to haunt them then fucking lol.

Thank you based blizzard devs. I bought 40 more phase hunters and got my whole guild the pig to affirm my support for such a change in the game. These jealous (and obviously poor, cause why else would they complain) people need to realize their place.

Can’t wait until they add tokens for TBCC too. I’ll be sure to buy the weekly limit for most of the year like I have been for the most part on retail.

P.S Can you hotfix this into retail as well! We surely need it vs the minions of “He who shall not be named” when they come back from their cope trip in other MMOs. We all know you guys and gals and everyone else at Blizzard are the only ones capable of making the best games!

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Oh dear the level of confusion here is astounding. You keep confusing real life actions and reactions with a video game. "well if someone spits on another person they would get their ass kicked!" well then, i have amazing news for you - world of warcraft IS NOT REAL -when someone does /spit they are not spitting on you irl - you do know that, right? Or have you gone so far down the RP rabbit hole you cant separate real life from fantasy anymore?

Worried that someone will hurt your feelings and you wont be able to physically respond in a video game is beyond pathetic - im blown away that THIS is your problem with it. Based on your replies, you get so wound up when someone /spit on you, you want to physically harm the person controlling the other character - IN A VIDEO GAME. You have brought it up twice now, the ol "well if someone did that irl they would get their ass kicked" - it seems like the core of your entire argument. "its not fair because i cant retaliate with physical violence" has to be the absolute pinnacle of cringe.
    You are way overinspecting my reasons for disliking an emote. You do know that two people can simply disagree without throwing a temper tantrum about it and blaming some sort of imaginary boogeyman, right? This is getting old, and you aren't actually interested in discussing this at all.

I think the emote is stupid because spitting on someone can only be interpreted one way, and I really don't see the purpose of that emote existing. If you want to mald about neoliberals or feminism or SJWs be my guest, but you're barking up the wrong tree my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Offense is taken, not given. Always. Intentions behind insults are irrelevant.

I can choose not get offended by something someone says or does to me. That means everyone else can aswell.

You "hating" an emote in a game tells me you got some serious issues you should get looked at.
    Thanks for your input, armchair psychologist on the internet! Unfortunately for you, your narrative that I'm somehow upset by this emote is lost on me because I haven't even played WoW since early-mid BfA, except for like...two days to level through shadowlands.

People can hate anything in a game and be just fine with it, but it's ironic that you'd claim that hating and taking offense to things is bad while also defending the emote used by children upset that you killed them in PvP. You're overanalyzing the term "hate" here though. I'm saying I think the emote is stupid and people are misunderstanding the reason why it was removed in the first place because this forum is full of people who don't touch grass.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    They get so upset when someone /spit them in game because they cannot physically assault that person
    I love how you completely ditched your previous arguing point to just fixate on something I was saying to try to make a point about an action. I'm not saying I'd beat the shit out of someone for spitting on me, I probably wouldn't because I'm tiny as hell and not capable of fighting anyone. I'm saying that in a role-playing game world it never made sense to me that people can casually do emotes that have no context other than to be a twat, that would likely instigate a fight if actually performed.

The role-playing part is really important. I stated it before, and I'll state it again just in case you missed it. If you can't figure this out then I think you're gonna need to go back to school, I'm not your mom and it's not my job to teach you how to read.
    Last edited by Irian; 2021-07-31 at 02:56 AM.

Another reason I'm glad I quit the game.

Both sides, really - Blizz should be mocked for the optics of this, it just isn't the best look right now.

The whole "spit on people because of their mount" movement is ridiculous too.

(And for the white knights...yes, as a matter of fact, I have in fact put in a request for my Battle.net account to be nuked in its entirety. That was more because of the revelations from the lawsuit, and the stuff that's come out about Warcraft III 'Reforged'...because of that stuff Blizzard will never get a cent of my money again.)

Ahh yes, rape some employees and then make up for it by removing harmless gestures in a game literally centred around war and murder. So progressive, saving the world from online toxicity. I genuinely feel like WoW is on a massive downward spiral that it may not be able to pull out from, they are just tone deaf to such a degree that they keep on digging deeper and deeper with no clear goal in sight.

This is a reaction to their own crimes of harassing and raping employees, the company is a fucking shambles. /spit.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Ban the goobers who over use the /spit for all I care.
    Most are the elitest jerks who would hold back the game to the dark ages.

I doubt it's the mount WA that caused this. Rather the /spit on killing blow in PvP WA.

It's known the two developers working on Classic are guaranteed Horde players judging by the faction biased changes. Every change they've made has only made Horde more and more playable. Now they have probably been corpse ganked by superior players in BGs a few times too many.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't even get why it was a thing to begin with. what purpose does it serve outside of roleplaying realms? and even on the roleplaying realms was it something that was overly used? also why has it only been disabled in TBC Classic but not Retail?

Here is a list of all classic wow emotes:
    https://classic-wow-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Emote
    If people can't spit on boostie mounts there are plenty of other emotes to choose from.

People are really confused if they think this has anything to do with snowflakes or lawsuits. It's about the possibility that someone could be discouraged from buying a boost, not because their feelings might get hurt, but because Blizzard could potentially lose out on sales.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I don't even get why it was a thing to begin with. what purpose does it serve outside of roleplaying realms?
    The reason it's applied only to Classic is WoW used to be an MMORPG with other players on your screen. Spitting is a blatant indicator of disliking someone or something. Retail is literally a layered single player arcade.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    upon reading this 13 people fell of their chairs and died from laughter

Please...
    You do realize you are not actually spitting on anyone with the emote, right? Just like you're not killing people on pvp?

Shit, /spit is the closest to an "hello""hey man" we have on my guilds (tbc and retail) and very commonly used.

And again, just to clarify, we're not actually spitting on each other, or have any intention of doing so.

We also use /mock, /slap, /rude and various other emotes that you might also want to remove.

Complete idiocy.

edit : Just saw the full emote list. Couple dozen more you woke boys should ask blizzard to remove. /threaten might actually be dangerous to have, people might think other players are ACTUALLY threatening them!
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-07-31 at 03:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep /spit but let me attack the person using it on me, if they aren't attackable already, including same faction. Since spitting on someone is assault, should be treated as such.

Also, how about replacing spit with a /emptyplatitudes emote if your so dead set on getting rid of it.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

If I use the /kiss, /moan, and similar emotes on other players without their consent, is it sexual harassment or rape?

̶B̶l̶i̶z̶z̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶o̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶e̶m̶o̶t̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶t̶e̶n̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶c̶y̶b̶e̶r̶b̶u̶l̶l̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶a̶s̶s̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶

Blizzard allows cyberbullying and harassment for continue for nearly two decades before taking minimal action

Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    Ban the goobers who over use the /spit for all I care.
    Most are the elitest jerks who would hold back the game to the dark ages.
    And what are these progressive times? Buying M+ 15/2.4k officially from their cash shop? 310 flying in Classic from the cash shop?
    Last edited by Voidwielder; 2021-07-31 at 04:23 AM.

I just wish everything I find offensive was removed from the game. Seems a little arbitrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.