Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    remember all the TRH memes and hate for the spectral horse mount?
    I do but 12 years ago people were tougher.

That said, every critic of the spectral horse Mount have been proven 100% correct with time. That once they had one out, another would follow. Then another. Then bonus sub mounts. Then cosmetic appearances. Etc etc

I think the critics of that Mount from wotlk have been proven correct with time

I suppose this is because of the spitting addon/weakaura that automatically spat on TBC+ buyers? Haha unlucky WoW fanboys.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Pretty sure people are being "disturbed" because it makes no sense for something so insignificant to be removed. Pretty sure most people use it on friends anyway.

This basically screams incompetence and just to show they are doing "something" even though it's just retarded.
    I believe you misunderstood me since we are arguing for the same point. "Disturbance" is what caused the emote to be removed

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    This isn't going to change anything. All this will do is lead to people doing:
    /emote Spits on %n.
    With %n being the name of the current target in emote macros.
    Cross-faction it will probably be /laugh or something.

All this has done is give some people another reason to criticize Blizzard.
    Well, they said they wanna make some "anti-toxicity tech as critical feature" in the future - so I guess the removal of /spit is just an early start. I don't play FFXIV but I read that game has some kind of toxicity report already? Maybe that would help some parts of the WoW community too!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MKGulantik View Post
    "Sexual harassment is okay.

A meaningless emote isn't, especially against those who buy our store mounts."
    I don't think there is any logical link between these claims, your brain works in a fascinating way. Why would you need to spit on someone? This emote lived longer than it should have and it's removal has nothing to do with politics. The toxicity is beyond imagination, it's the best news in a while that they are starting to take action. If this ruins your gameplay, I think that's a good thing lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember back in Hearthstone, when they removed the negative emotes, and then people just started sarcastically spamming the good-natured ones at players? BM always finds a way, pretty soon we'll see legions of people /applauding the TBC+ owners instead after Blizz deletes all the meanie-weenie emotes.

Moreover, what are they gonna do if the players move to other forms of """harassment"""? Are they gonna disable PvP if the mount owners start being systematically ganked/camped?

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Any freedom of expression is significant. Any sort of censorship is significant. And blizzard teaching morales and social manners at the moment is laughable.
    They aren’t teaching anyone anything. They are changing the game to remove references of people who are alleged to have harassed coworkers (I’m not saying he didn’t/did do it, but it’s still just alleged), as well as removing harassing emotes. Wouldn’t be surprised if some others follow up such as /fart.

This is WARcraft ffs. If they want everything to be rosy and PG just change the name to world of lovecraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    Remember back in Hearthstone, when they removed the negative emotes, and then people just started sarcastically spamming the good-natured ones at players? BM always finds a way, pretty soon we'll see legions of people /applauding the TBC+ owners instead after Blizz deletes all the meanie-weenie emotes.

Moreover, what are they gonna do if the players move to other forms of """harassment"""? Are they gonna disable PvP if the mount owners start being systematically ganked/camped?
    Blizzard can’t change toxic behavior of the player base. They can change their personal contribution to it by removing offensive emotes.
    Yes, you’re correct in that players will find a way, obviously. That doesn’t mean that Blizzard should aid the players in their pursuit of being obnoxious and atrocious people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    This is WARcraft ffs. If they want everything to be rosy and PG just change the name to world of lovecraft.
    What has the name to do with Blizzard trying to STOP CYBER BULLYING. Just because it's a game about war and magic doesn't mean you can harass people online for buying mounts within the game store lol.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Blizzard can’t change toxic behavior of the player base. They can change their personal contribution to it by removing offensive emotes.
    Yes, you’re correct in that players will find a way, obviously. That doesn’t mean that Blizzard should aid the players in their pursuit of being obnoxious and atrocious people.
    If there is a way to communicate in-game, people are going to abuse it to be rude. A reasonable developer would be attempting to moderate those people abusing the communication systems, or maybe even improving the communication systems themselves so that emotes can't be rapidly spammed.

Just cutting out a single emote does nothing but punish the normal players who would use it in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I would've taken the extra time to put him on /ignore.

But that's just me.
    Pretty sure that was impossible back then to do on players from the opposite faction and other realm (was wotlk).

Besides, reporting for spamming nowadays also puts them on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    What has the name to do with Blizzard trying to STOP CYBER BULLYING. Just because it's a game about war and magic doesn't mean you can harass people online for buying mounts within the game store lol.
    The /spit emote has nothing to do with cyber bullying though. They'll just use another emote for spamming on store mount buyers untill there is nothing left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I bet they will remove /rude next. I mean ok lets play devil's advocate here: /spit as a show of resentment could be seen as "provocative" etc. However, being realistic and HONEST: Does anyone go around using /spit for no reason? Or do they use it to show resentment against UNFAIR PLAY.

But hey Im sure in between legal battles for discrimination and sexual harrassment (among other things) it really fixes the company image to remove emotes that could be used to trigger any sort of negative emotion. Such laughable hypocricy blizzard...
    the /spit is an important emote for killing PvPers out ganking lowbies. It tells them not only do you mock their playstyle of griefing, you also found them an easy kill.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    Infraction for trolling? Am I wrong? lol
    This site is full of liberals, including biased mods/admins.

itt.
    I think the removal of /spit emote is stupid. Its a sign of competitivity between players especially in PvP and its been there since forever. People should just grow themselves a pair of balls and stop being such snowflakes because world is a harsh place and life will never be perfect.
    How about we remove every player interaction from the game while we're at it cuz i have a feeling thats what Blizz is going for.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertColvert View Post
    a lama mount that has a special friendly intercation with the warpstalker mount
    I didn't need that image.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well played.

People using it against people who bought the CE were children, so you have to take measures towards children, sadly.

I wonder, why did they not spit towards the first people who ever bought a store mount? or better yet, would they spit to people allowing fast BGs queues on Xfaction bg´s? after all, that is an even bigger and more game affecting change than... a mount skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Why not remove PVP too? Don't you find players whacking and killing each other in bgs violent and unsuitable for kids
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I wonder, why did they not spit towards the first people who ever bought a store mount? or better yet, would they spit to people allowing fast BGs queues on Xfaction bg´s? after all, that is an even bigger and more game affecting change than... a mount skin.
    Because the entire point of Classic is to play the game the way it used to be. Just because spitting is childish doesn't mean it can't also be a completely organic outlet for people to express their contempt towards a feature in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I wonder, why did they not spit towards the first people who ever bought a store mount?
    Oh, they did.