Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    You sound like the kind of people who hate Christmas and go into the mall telling children in Santa's lap that Santa isn't real. Or in other words - your hate against (mostly) adult people who can do with their money what they want instead of Blizzard is just the really disgusting part here, not any cosmetic mounts lol. Especially as this is a Collectors Edition mount. It's not a regular Shop Mount. The only thing I agree with haters of it is that Blizzard should have released a physical Collectors Edition too.
    You sound like a person who likes to use analogies to justify their poor financial decisions.
    But at the end of the day - if you don't like it, don't buy it.
    Be careful for what you wish because it might have already happened and ruined the game. You've seen what's happened to WoW's population right?
    But stop wrapping cyber bullying with "Blizzard is so evil and the Item Shop destroys my gaming fun QQ". Because all you do is harrassing people who most times don't even know why, because surprise surprise most people don't even know what people on mmo-champion think about evil evil shop mounts.
    You call it harassing while I call it protesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    /spitting does nothing. Unsubbing like many are doing is what will hurt Blizzard's income. If you're able to emote against the whales, your are still giving money to ActiBlizz.
    My plans are to see TBC completely and then unsub. I don't plan to get into WOTLK. Blizzards way of handling classic TBC has left a very bad impression for me. I didn't play Classic Vanilla because I already had on private servers, but since they released TBC I thought why not try Blizzards version. That was a mistake on my end but I will see TBC through completion. I'm pretty sure by WOTLK they'll have the stupid token so better not to go into WOTLK.
    Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    Please tell me how store mounts do increase the power of a character. I wait.
    Nobody likes them and it's pretty universally hated. That's why Final Fantasy Online won't last because they too have mounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis-GR View Post
    On one hand, it’s not to offend the cash shop whales sure.

But it’s also connected with the California lawsuit.
    It's because people like me would /spit on anyone with a store mount. You don't see this removed on Shadowlands for this reason. No amount of affirmative action is going to get Blizzard out of the California lawsuit.
    And they are right.. because woke corporate performative activism has worked to cover way more horrendous actions of other multinational billion dollar companies.. so why not work for blizz..
    We talking about the court of public opinion because nothing Blizzard does will make people like them? Unless they either fire Bobby Kotick or buy themselves back from Activision nobody will ever like Blizzard ever again.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2021-07-31 at 01:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't they just ban the shit out of people who spit on the peeps with the mounts? Sounds like obnoxious kids we don't want in the community anyway.

Is it actually that often people spit on them anyway? Haven't noticed it happening.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by pinglong View Post
    I really hate this neo-liberal culture, removing a spit emote will stop some of the guys at Blizzard from being pigs? Who believes this crap?
    I wager no one... looks like an odd connection to make tbh.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Well played.

People using it against people who bought the CE were children, so you have to take measures towards children, sadly.

I wonder, why did they not spit towards the first people who ever bought a store mount? or better yet, would they spit to people allowing fast BGs queues on Xfaction bg´s? after all, that is an even bigger and more game affecting change than... a mount skin.
    You would think so, but sadly a big part of them are not children, and most of them did /spit on people becouse of a certain streamer telling them to.

On one hand... If you are so pathetic about your shitty, 14 year old content (and i mean the purists who bawl over every change) that you get mad at people for buying some edition with a mount in it... ya' kinda deserve getting slapped in some way? Like, shut up, man, i played it when that came out. You aren't anything special just for playing that now, 2nd-Row. Sit down.

But this is also not... harassment. It's an emote. Im not playing BC, i did that 14 years and thats that for me. So this just seems very idiotic. Thats almost as dumb as when they removed the Troll-Emote about killing two dwarfs.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Didn't know this exist but those who did it should be reported for offending other players. Now the means for offending is removed but the offender can still go around unpunished and find new ways to harrass said buyers. Sounds like political correctness infiltration into the game and thats never a good thing.
    It's the first of apparently multiple steps being taken (as mentioned by Muffinus on Twitter) to start pushing back against toxicity ingame while they're pushing back against toxicity in the workplace. /spit not broadcasting a chat message when another player is targeted is an easy, quick fix just like renaming the Afrasiabi references and removing Field Marshal Afrasiabi in favor of Field Marshal Stonebridge; I doubt it took longer than a few minutes' worth of coding for all the aforementioned barring a brief window when Stonebridge's model was bugged out before being fixed. I'd be surprised if that was the only thing they implemented, especially since Muffinus mentioned systems other games use to discourage toxicity (though he didn't name any names, so it could be as simple as automating a system to search for certain words or phrases in ingame chat channels to something as complicated as machine learning to identify toxicity in the chat logs).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    They absolutely haven’t been. The cry back then was that WoW was eventually gonna start selling flasks and currency and other character enhancing shit. It never has. And anyone with a sliver of a brain could have told you there were gonna be more pets/mounts to follow…
    Except they literally do sell currency . . . LOL
    In my day we didn't have World of Warcraft or Guild Wars. We had World War 2, and when you shot at the Germans it aggroed five thousand of their friends!

"A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!"

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Not wrong. Just some overzealous mods who infract a little more harshly depending on certain views they have. They use "trolling" as the excuse because its vague enough that they don't have to explain themselves. I was once in a thread talking about ppl from different continents playing in dif regions on wow with 500ms+ ping. Mentioned i dont want non natives in my group for the obvious ping issue and got a nice little ban for it lol. Was told nothing I said was wrong, but it could be interpreted wrong
    Lol at receiving an infraction because of this. Tone it down mods, jeez

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    They absolutely haven’t been. The cry back then was that WoW was eventually gonna start selling flasks and currency and other character enhancing shit. It never has. And anyone with a sliver of a brain could have told you there were gonna be more pets/mounts to follow…
    Except they do sell currency and instead of xp flasks they outright let you boost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Lol at receiving an infraction because of this. Tone it down mods, jeez
    Mods in these forums are insane with the infractions. I ll take the infraction now just to prove a point cause I ve had it before for literally minor stuff. And everytime the reason was "discussion of moderation is not allowed" so I d wager you are probably getting infracted as well.
    Insert "I love democracy" meme

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I wonder, why did they not spit towards the first people who ever bought a store mount?
    They super did. I remember quite a few disparaging remarks when I got sparkle pony all those years ago. The shit now is pretty much on par for the old store mounts.
    Last edited by Multitorix Davlen; 2021-07-31 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Bad english
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Then i'll take it. Can't go around throwing infractions at every single little thing. Save it for when people say truly shitty stuff and being terrible to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    I mean... except they can. This is mmo champion we're talking about. Also check my signature, it wouldn't surprise me if they get all pissy and toss some out because we dare talk about their bullshit and stop licking their boots for 5 seconds.
    I was saying it in a "It's not good for the community" kind of way xD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    What has the name to do with Blizzard trying to STOP CYBER BULLYING. Just because it's a game about war and magic doesn't mean you can harass people online for buying mounts within the game store lol.
    I have the mount and I don't give a shit people do a stupid emote at me. Why are you so weak?

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    That said, every critic of the spectral horse Mount have been proven 100% correct with time. That once they had one out, another would follow. Then another. Then bonus sub mounts. Then cosmetic appearances. Etc etc
    And it's still literally just vanity items with 0 impact on gameplay.

Why do people lose their minds over vanity items? Just don't buy it if you don't like it. It's that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    And it's still literally just vanity items with 0 impact on gameplay.

Why do people lose their minds over vanity items? Just don't buy it if you don't like it. It's that easy.
    Becouse people want Blizz to develop the game, and have ingame rewards for playing the game not just to open the wallet and get stuff....... omgod right....

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    Good thing I will keep my "teabagging" still ;>
    PATCH NOTES: WE HAVE REMOVED PLAYER'S ABILITY TO SIT.

Player characters: Legs...so tired....
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    Becouse people want Blizz to develop the game, and have ingame rewards for playing the game not just to open the wallet and get stuff....... omgod right....
    If you think there are new in-game rewards or that the game isn't developed then you are purposefully ignorant. The presence of for-cash rewards never stopped development in Vanilla in 2004, TBC in 2006, or WotLK in 2008. The "golden days" of WoW for many. Yet now you and others are going to cry how it is suddenly a problem.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

So I get it - don't think it does much, but I get it. I also think the "so you remove this, but harassment is OK", is wide of the mark - can't this be part of a holistic change trying to remove toxicity from the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Eh, I understand the reason, but I also understand being upset about it being removed. Was it only removed from Classic?
    It's removed on the PTR. Probably will happen on shadowlands too

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    A real shame they got rid of prestige rewards like meta-achievement mounts, rare drop mounts, raid reward mounts.

Except those all still exists. And are usually far more popular outside of the month a new store mount is given away with a 6 month sub.