Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
    So I get it - don't think it does much, but I get it. I also think the "so you remove this, but harassment is OK", is wide of the mark - can't this be part of a holistic change trying to remove toxicity from the game?
    What toxicity? It's a fucking fantasy game. If being /spit warrants an emotional response from anyone, so will /laugh after I kill you in game and tea bag your virtual avatar..

15+ Year Old Account
    You do realize this entire removal is totally pointless.

You can literally just create any emote you like with /e

/e Spits on filthy store mount owner.

There, I fixed it.

That said, I still firmly believe that WoW has a massive toxicity problem within the community. But tweaking one emote is a pathetic gesture. If you want to address the issues, then you need to engage with the community.
    Last edited by Byleth; 2021-07-31 at 04:59 PM.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The presence of for-cash rewards never stopped development in Vanilla in 2004, TBC in 2006, or WotLK in 2008. The "golden days" of WoW for many. Yet now you and others are going to cry how it is suddenly a problem.
    It's funny because back in 2007 when the trading card game Loot Cards existed, nobody cared about having the ability to spend real money on ingame pets/mounts/vanity items. In fact, the biggest complaint is that they were too hard to get, people whining and crying that you had to spend hundreds of dollars on booster packs just to maybe get the item you wanted.

But now, in TBC Classic, LITERALLY ONE MOUNT gets added, and everyone loses their minds that the game is ruined.

lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    you clearly didn't play back then
    Opened my WoW account in December 2007. Keep seething

"that retarded horse" from WotLK.
    I wasn't even talking about that. Didn't mention it a single time anywhere in my post.

Grats, you're illiterate.

Lmao, THIS gets infracted for "trolling" ? Good fucking job MMO-C mods.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2021-08-01 at 01:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    except they did have issue with it and they *did* mock people at the start with the spectral tiger. Not to mention you clearly didn't play back then or else you'd remember "that retarded horse" from WotLK. Grats, you played yourself.
    The game has players who openly mock those without FOMO items - the same ones wish to remove items at the expense of others and the games health. The cash shop is well deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    PATCH NOTES: WE HAVE REMOVED PLAYER'S ABILITY TO SIT.

Player characters: Legs...so tired....
    I bet they will put in a CD between how often you can sit and stand, it's enough with 10 seconds to remove teabagging. You read it here first!

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It's funny because back in 2007 when the trading card game Loot Cards existed, nobody cared about having the ability to spend real money on ingame pets/mounts/vanity items. In fact, the biggest complaint is that they were too hard to get, people whining and crying that you had to spend hundreds of dollars on booster packs just to maybe get the item you wanted.
    The difference being that those items were largely intended to promote the TCG.

Is it "okay" from a modern perspective?
    Not necessarily, but i'd argue that due to the fact that they've added an actual cashshop and discontinued the TCG (with HS being its spiritual successor), was not intended as solely to be an MTX for WoW.

Also, if they wanted to pull the "TCG" card, they should've added a TCG mount - this comparison with the TCG is completely made up by players, not by Blizzard.
    If the TCG actually had not existed in TBC, you'd actually believe that Blizzard would have not added the mount to TBCC?
    You actually think they would've said "whelp, can't do that!"?
    The boost is proof that Blizzard, when money is on the line, doesn't care about historical precedence.
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    But now, in TBC Classic, LITERALLY ONE MOUNT gets added, and everyone loses their minds that the game is ruined.
    Because most people can see the writing on the wall.

Blizzard went from "Character Boosts are not in keeping with Classic. We don't want to break any hearts." to "58 boosts are fine to deliver the TBC experience" within less than two years, the mount is just the icing on the cake and i (and many others) don't trust Blizzard one bit that more MTX will follow.
    You don't need a crystal ball to predict that Blizzard will add the WoW Token to Classic servers before we'll arrive at Classic WoD (if such a thing would ever happen to begin with).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The difference being that those items were largely intended to promote the TCG.
    So. It was still a item earned in-game through cash. Same principle as any other items purchased today with real money that appear in-game. If one is bad then the other has to be bad.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    If it's female, you /moan. If it's male, you /moon.

Or the reverse, for some.
    NO!!!

/insult is too weak
    /fart is too inconckusive
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Multitorix Davlen View Post
    They super did. I remember quite a few disparaging remarks when I got sparkle pony all those years ago. The shit now is pretty much on par for the old store mounts.
    It is not even close, not even 1/10th of what was going on on the classic servers.
    People were spiting and calling out all sort of rude things to the players lol.. an absolute assault.

So. It was still a item earned in-game through cash. Same principle as any other items purchased today with real money that appear in-game. If one is bad then the other has to be bad.
    I wouldn't call those TCG items good, but i think items intended for cross promotions aren't on the same level as janking in a mount into a game whose community is very aversed to MTX, while the equation of Blizzard is simply based on the concept of "There aren't enough people willing to quit over that it'll end up as a net loss for us".

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    You would think so, but sadly a big part of them are not children, and most of them did /spit on people becouse of a certain streamer telling them to.
    Yeah exactly. But to my eyes they are children, they might happen to have adult shapes :P but their brains are definitely inferior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    On one hand... If you are so pathetic about your shitty, 14 year old content (and i mean the purists who bawl over every change) that you get mad at people for buying some edition with a mount in it... ya' kinda deserve getting slapped in some way? Like, shut up, man, i played it when that came out. You aren't anything special just for playing that now, 2nd-Row. Sit down.

But this is also not... harassment. It's an emote. Im not playing BC, i did that 14 years and thats that for me. So this just seems very idiotic. Thats almost as dumb as when they removed the Troll-Emote about killing two dwarfs.
    Trust me, it was harassment. People with the mount were getting maybe 20 spits per minute rofl. And many others were calling names to those... Blizzard probably got record reports so the easiest thing to do is remove the emote.

Now, if you ask me, they should simply cancel it when casted towards a person on that mount. That would make it fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Gotta be honest, mate...

You sound very bitter over trivial things that ultimately don't affect you. Honestly, and seriously, I really recommend leaving the PC for a few hours. This ain't healthy at *all*.
    Do me a favor and find the furthest point you can go. Once you find that point,do the unthinkable and go beyond it. That way you can no longer post ever again.

If what I'm saying sounds like news to you then you're living under a rock. I'm like the only idiot from the outside world who's bothering to post on this dead forum to tell you how things are. Most people just disappear and move onto something else, but I'm providing construction criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Do me a favor and find the furthest point you can go. Once you find that point,do the unthinkable and go beyond it. That way you can no longer post ever again.

If what I'm saying sounds like news to you then you're living under a rock. I'm like the only idiot from the outside world who's bothering to post on this dead forum to tell you how things are. Most people just disappear and move onto something else, but I'm providing construction criticism.
    Except spitting on someone isn't "protesting". That's just sugarcoating it.

Never mind the fact that you try to insist FF won't last, despite the fact that they have a ton of items that can be bought in the store only and yet they're seeing a massive influx of players despite that, while they've been doing just well before this even.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    That will stop sexual harassment at the workplace.

Good job.
    Obviously the sexual harassment at Blizz is the player base's fault!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I wouldn't call those TCG items good, but i think items intended for cross promotions aren't on the same level as janking in a mount into a game whose community is very aversed to MTX, while the equation of Blizzard is simply based on the concept of "There aren't enough people willing to quit over that it'll end up as a net loss for us".
    TBC had a CE along with Vanilla. The mount was part of a CE for the TBC Classic. You are making arbitrary rules for when micro transactions are acceptable and when they are not by saying some are okay and others are not.

- - - Updated - - -

And the game also has players that suck the d of blizz regardless of what they do or don't do. The cash shop is lame, the only good thing about them is that you can farm tokens and now get anything out of them, but it doesn't stop the point of them originally being kinda lame.
    The first cash shop mount, the celestial steed, was introduced in 2010. Anyone who still gives Blizzard money 11 years later is okay with it. Otherwise you would have spoken with your money and quit right? Oh wait. It is easier to be toxic then actually stand by your principles.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    It's removal of choice of emotional display. Any removal of existing choice of emotional display is lessening the game. Doesnt matter what it is.
    But how does it make your experience worse that it's gone?
    Are you angry you can't make other people angry?
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

15+ Year Old Account
    so you're saying you're okay with sexual harassment?
    At what point did I talk about sexual harassment or say that it was okay?

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You mean like /mock and /taunt..............lololol.
    Yep, you can still do those things and they're not as offensive (or potentially as offensive), so what's the issue with /spit being removed?
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

TBC had a CE along with Vanilla. The mount was part of a CE for the TBC Classic.
    If they had added the Netherwing whelp to the CE of TBCC, i wouldn't have said anything.
    Same goes for Classic (if there was any CE to it).

It also ignores the fact that pets never had the same status symbol as a mount, there is a reason why people generally point towards the Celestial steed and not the Pandaren Monk / KT pet as the "breaking point", despite those being the very first items on the cashshop.
    They're not "good", either, just not as bad.

There is a reason why CE's did not include a mount until MoP, because mounts are special, they (used) to be a prestigeous item, whereas pets never held this status.