Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I thought you were done? Weird right?
    Considering you haven't repeated the same argument i've pointed out, i don't see why i shouldn't reply.

After all, seems tad odd to lay out my conditions, you abide by them and then expect me to walk way anyway.
    If you want this discussion to end, you can also stop replying.
    You think factual information is not true.
    Because /spit is not harassment, it's utter hogwash.

If you think it is, then i would much rather say that you are unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Hardly vilified when the lead writers waifu is going to be redeemed after a "my bad." Regardless, that isn't the point. If the game is willing to explore adult themes, then they feel the players are grown up enough to handle it.

Player - "wow she committed genocide, she is bad"
    Also player - "blizzarddddddddd, that rogue spat on meeee im literally shakingggggg wahhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Toddlers
    I mean, /spit still exists in retail.

The divide is clearly that TBC isn't as geared for adult.

Joking aside though, it very much was vilified. Whether she's redeemed or not is yet to be seen, but no one up until this point has forgiven her or acknowledged her as anything but a grade A piece of trash.

And regardless of how you view the emote, if it's being used repeatedly in a negative way, then it's obviously problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Because people should first and foremost attempt these issues with the tools given and not ask for more restrictions, especially when the nature of the issue can swapped with virtually any other emotes that exist.

You can disagree with my posts or other stuff i've written, but unless you can offer any insight why my proposed solution is inferior to the removal of the emote, i really don't care, because that's what at the end of the day matters: What solution is being implemented (if any).
    No one needs to "offer insight" really. You yourself are admitting that the issue is worth blocking users. If you're in a situation where people have to keep being blocked for the same exact offense, then obviously it's a point where Blizzard can and should step in.

For some reason you're acting as if blocking should solve all issues.

People insulting and belittling other players? Don't need intervention obviously, just block them! Your own point is self defeating.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Are you for real? Get help, buddy. Or at least take a little walk and actually think about this topic for once.
    Think about it. If youre tea bagging me to harass me, but i dom't feel harassed because i dont care because its a video game, are you really harassing me?

How many times does the WA spit at the person? Does it spam them or just do it once? The most commonly accepted definition of harassment is to repeatedly annoy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its only a double standard if you dont see the difference between an emote and whispers and since i see the clear differces, it is not a double standard to me
    So how do you know they aren't talking about your fantasy character? How does repeating a /spit emote repeatedly because you bought a store mount a "Clear difference" in harassment? It is a double standard because you are using the same logic differently. It doesn't matter if you see it or not in order for it to be true. Just like harassment is still harassment even if you shrug it off. Which is something you don't believe while at the same time saying you do believe it.

- - - Updated - - -

Think about it. If youre tea bagging me to harass me, but i dom't feel harassed because i dont care because its a video game, are you really harassing me?
    If I whisper a rape threat but I don't feel harassed because its a video game, are you really harassing me? Isn't it weird that your answer to that is "yes" while you are arguing for "no" at the same time?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    So how do you know they aren't talking about your fantasy character? How does repeating a /spit emote repeatedly because you bought a store mount a "Clear difference" in harassment? It is a double standard because you are using the same logic differently. It doesn't matter if you see it or not in order for it to be true. Just like harassment is still harassment even if you shrug it off. Which is something you don't believe while at the same time saying you do believe it.
    Because /spit and "ill rape you" is different. Like, its just that simple, man.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-08-13 at 05:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because /spit is not harassment, it's utter hogwash.
    A repeated action to a person because of Blizzard adding a mount is harassment. You keep having to deny reality in order to justify your position yet keep thinking you are being the reasonable one here. Why are you so afraid of accepting facts?

- - - Updated - - -

Because spit and ill rape you is different. Like, its just that simple, man.
    It is both text in a video game that you say you personally can shrug off. So if you can shrug it off why is it different? Is that not your argument? That if you can shrug it off it can't be harassment? Which also means that /spit can be used for harassment even if people can shrug it off. Your ignore your own arguments when it suits you. Why?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    How many times does the WA spit at the person? Does it spam them or just do it once? The most commonly accepted definition of harassment is to repeatedly annoy.
    For me it was once. Did you know theres a counter weak aura to emote theyre poor and laugh at them? Thats fine though, huh?

Because /spit and "ill rape you" is different. Like, its just that simple, man.
    He will not stop inventing new ways to disagree with you.

15+ Year Old Account
    For me it was once. Did you know theres a counter weak aura to emote theyre poor and laugh at them? Thats fine though, huh?
    Who said it is fine? You'd be here complaining about it if they removed the /custom emote I bet.

15+ Year Old Account
    A repeated action to a person because of Blizzard adding a mount is harassment. You keep having to deny reality in order to justify your position yet keep thinking you are being the reasonable one here. Why are you so afraid of accepting facts?

- - - Updated - - -

It is both text in a video game that you say you personally can shrug off. So if you can shrug it off why is it different? Is that not your argument? That if you can shrug it off it can't be harassment? Which also means that /spit can be used for harassment even if people can shrug it off. Your ignore your own arguments when it suits you. Why?
    The text from a person is different than innocuous orange text from the game. I feel like you're just refusing to acknowledge this so you dont look wrong 41 pages in

Lol thats funny. Ppl are dumb. By definition of it doing it once, its not harassment. Its also not harassment if multiple ppl do it them once each. If you're doing something a large group of ppl don't find acceptable, and they give a little sign of disapproval (such as a simple /spit), that's definitely not harassment. Thats just community policing itself

15+ Year Old Account
    Who said it is fine? You'd be here complaining about it if they removed the /custom emote I bet.
    Absolutely. Any removal of things from any game is a pet peeve beyond game braking glitches and the like

15+ Year Old Account
    The text from a person is different than innocuous orange text from the game. I feel like you're just refusing to acknowledge this so you dont look wrong 41 pages in
    So text is different from text when you can shrug both of them off. You even said you personally can shrug it off. Yet you argue that something is not harassment if you can shrug it off while also saying even if you can shrug something off it is still harassment. I'm not the one that is having a crisis of admitting if they are wrong or not.

Harassment is Harassment. It can be done with anything. It is still harassment even if it doesn't affect you. A rape threat is harassment. Repetition of the spit emote over a mount is harassment. You claim that is wrong yet it is all supported by what you've stated. Funny huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    No one needs to "offer insight" really. You yourself are admitting that the issue is worth blocking users. If you're in a situation where people have to keep being blocked for the same exact offense, then obviously it's a point where Blizzard can and should step in.
    I laid it out when people should be blocked: When they go out of their way to bypass features such as the ignore list.
    That's very different to entirely remove a function from an emote.

Like please, my suggestion did not read "oh and remove "Spits on you".

My suggestion is entirely detached from what the players are using to harass one, regardless whether they whispered each other or someone spammed an emote like /hug or /love.
    That's why it is the superior solution, it's not limited to any emote nor has any impact on people that want to use an emote for whatever reason.

This is the critical part: When people go out of their way.
    When you read that as a general agreement that Blizzard should just issue blanket bans to anyone using /spit, you're damn wrong.
    People insulting and belittling other players? Don't need intervention obviously, just block them!
    Yes..?
    As long as those people aren't attacking others on a personal level, then you should put the other on ignore if you're fed up with them.
    If it ends afterwards, problem solved, these two people will not interact with each other in the future.

If one person goes out of their way to bypass this, Blizzard should step in, because the other person has exhausted any reasonable option to resolve it.
    Then also, that person is removed from WoW and will not resort to any dog whistle methods in the future.
    A repeated action to a person because of Blizzard adding a mount is harassment.
    No, it's not.

Somebody showing their disapproval for your actions is not harassment, it only becomes that when people want to bypass features that exist to ignore such players.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-08-13 at 05:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely. Any removal of things from any game is a pet peeve beyond game braking glitches and the like
    Unless of course it is a rape threat and then it is harassment and should be stopped right? What if they emote the rape threat? Is it still harassment?

What next, /hug removed because some snowflake is going to feel sexually harassed because someone follows and spams it?

jfc what's going on with this pos game...

I laid it out when people should be blocked: When they go out of their way to bypass features such as the ignore list.
    That very different to entirely remove a function from an emote.

Like please, my suggestion did not read "oh and remove "Spits on you".

My suggestion is entirely detached from what the players are using to harass one, regardless whether they whispered each other or someone spammed an emote like /hug or /love.
    That's why it is the superior solution, it's not limited to any emote nor has any impact on people that want to use an emote for whatever reason.
    Except again, if you have to keep blocking/ignoring someone because they're repeating an action, then THEY ARE THE PROBLEM and Blizzard SHOULD take a stance against that. I don't get why you're failing to see that.

Oh wait, it's because you're touting your own solution as "superior". Which it isn't.

This is the critical part: When people go out of their way, when you read that as a general agreement that Blizzard should just issue blanket bans to anyone using /spit, you're damn wrong.
    Did I say blanket bans lol

No, I said they should take action. And they did. So good on them.

Yes..?
    As long as those people aren't attacking these people on a personal level, then you should the other on ignore if you're fed up with them.
    If it ends afterwards, problem solved, these two people will not interact with each other in the future.

If one person goes out of their way to bypass this, Blizzard should step in, because the other person has exhausted any reasonable option to resolve it.
    Then also, that person is removed from WoW and will not resort to any dog whistle methods in the future.
    I'm glad that Blizzard's ToS disagree with you.

Hint, block/ignore is also just so you don't have to deal with that person in the time it takes Blizzard to act on reports.

Stop acting as if blocking and ignoring existing is some magical feature that should let people get away with being scummy. It's not.

Unless of course it is a rape threat and then it is harassment and should be stopped right? What if they emote the rape threat? Is it still harassment?
    Why are you trying to defend rape threats so hard?

- - - Updated - - -

Except again, if you have to keep blocking/ignoring someone because they're repeating an action, then THEY ARE THE PROBLEM and Blizzard SHOULD take a stance against that. I don't get why you're failing to see that.

Oh wait, it's because you're touting your own solution as "superior". Which it isn't.

Did I say blanket bans lol

No, I said they should take action. And they did. So good on them.

I'm glad that Blizzard's ToS disagree with you.

Hint, block/ignore is also just so you don't have to deal with that person in the time it takes Blizzard to act on reports.

Stop acting as if blocking and ignoring existing is some magical feature that should let people get away with being scummy. It's not.
    You only have to ignore someone once. You don't have to "keep doing it". If multiple people disapprove of you and show their disapproval, maybe you should look inwards lol

15+ Year Old Account
    So text is different from text when you can shrug both of them off. You even said you personally can shrug it off. Yet you argue that something is not harassment if you can shrug it off while also saying even if you can shrug something off it is still harassment. I'm not the one that is having a crisis of admitting if they are wrong or not.

Harassment is Harassment. It can be done with anything. It is still harassment even if it doesn't affect you. A rape threat is harassment. Repetition of the spit emote over a mount is harassment. You claim that is wrong yet it is all supported by what you've stated. Funny huh?
    I will simplify it for you
    You cannot harass people with emotes
    You can harass people with whispers
    I have been harassed with whispers, i have shrugged most of them off
    Some girls have a hard time shrugging off rape and death threats and i understand that
    If anybody cannot shrug off emotes, become an adult so you can
    Very simple