Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

That's it, these are too cool, and should be available immediately.

It's the Kaldorei - Children of the Stars, born from the arcane well of Eternity (moulded by the hand of Elune - or so they believe). This should have been the first set of customisations available. Because:

1. It signifies and highlights what the race is named after - the children of the stars
    2. It, along with the silver eyes highlight the night elves' arcane origin and why all elves are so gifted with arcane magic even if some (like Resto druids) do't use it.
    3. The game and lore has night elf priests, druids and mages - using arcane star and moon spells - go check the spells for druids, priests, Tyrande, and the Moonguard and Nightborne mages in Suramar.

So why no star customisations? This should have come first before leaf and tree symbols, and originally was the the main symbology of the night elves - not the trees.. it was the Well of Eternity, the Stars (representing the people) and the moon representing Elune).

original night elf background in wow was a moon well - not a tree.

It is the most unique thing about warcraft elves
    Seriously, high elves, dark elves and forest elves are not unique. However void elves and star focused night elves combining arcane and nature - that's unique. And to a lesser extent so are sun orientated elves, veering away from the traditional concept of high , dark and forest elves to something more unique that combines the two.. this is basically what they should focus on .. use their unique aspects.

I want this customisation for night elves and I want them to be steered back to be principally about the stars and moon, and form this the connection to the arcane and nature. No better place to have this than on their bodies..

here are some examples of other things they could do.
    We have a Night Elven megathread, post your essays in there.
    Corporate wishes everyone a happy new year

No thank you to the star customisation.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    It looks cool, plenty of reason for me.

Lorewise, there's zero reason for NE players to have the Night warrior eyes either, since Tyrande was the only one who actually became the Night warrior (For whatever good it did her), so making sense in the lore apparently isn't a factor anyway.
    That was my thought too.

Especially since the stars, Elune, the arcane are all intrinsic parts of the race. This is a natural expression I know night elf fans have been wanting for a while.

Meh, theres still so many races that need some love. Meanwhile nightelves got some of the most customization already available.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    We have a Night Elven megathread, post your essays in there.
    Feel free to provide a link there since you brought it up.

might want to also direct all the Tyrande, Elune threads there also seeing you are know best what topics people should
    post there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Meh, theres still so many races that need some love. Meanwhile nightelves got some of the most customization already available.
    Night elves had shorty amounts before the customisation update.

and the update only looked after the forest side of them.

it didn’t do the arcane / stars and moon side. This will help that.

night elf males still need that posture and neck fix. And some younger and nicer faces too.

wish they did all the things we had pointed out

- - - Updated - - -

It’s like half the time they forget night elves are the children of the stars

That the stars are more a core part of them than the forest.

They also forget that the arcane is intrinsic in the night elves. Their lore had the night elves born from the Well of Eternity and filled with its power. Linked to it. Eyes glowing silver from it, sometimes gold (which for some is nature affinity but for some Mark of a great destiny)

That is their lore. All the arcane acumen of the Thalassian elves and off course the night elf sub race called the Nightborne is because the night elves have this.

So we should have evidence of that star power and of Elune magic and arcane power in their customisation too. It is embedded and intertwined. Elune, the arcane, nature and the deep mystery of how they connect that no other race has. Because this is the elven origin race. It is not a sub race of forest elves. This is why we keep saying if you want that , create a night elf Worgen allied race. Let night elves be the origin race they were created to be. Not hammered into a 1 role group

The whole point of the night elves was not to be another boring forest elf clone. But actually a dark elf race that had the best of the dark elves and thenforest elves. Not lopsided to only the forest side.

This is the origin of the elves. We are supposed to be seeing in them all the core facets of the elves. Which is highmkagical aptitude in both arcane and natur.

The way the high elves are different is they are a new civilisation of elves under the sun.

They don’t do forest like the night elves, nor die they do their arcane quite the same way. The night elves have a lot more star and moon magic in their arcane whereas the high elves is a lot of frost and the blood elves a lot of fire.

But the night elves encompass a wider range by their invention. To snap them back to only forest and convert Elune is turning them into a niche group.

Let the customisations show more evidence of the breadth of the night elves
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2021-08-01 at 06:45 PM.
    Valewalker Farodin: "Magic has long been a vice of the elves. It shaped us, and lifted us out of the darkness - but without balance, it also threatens to unmake us."

My long replies often repeat info to make sure: You get all the info I have, It is clear and complete, in case you didn't actually read the first one. New readers have context at hand and are reminded of the point

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Feel free to provide a link there since you brought it up.

might want to also direct all the Tyrande, Elune threads there also seeing you are know best what topics people should
    post there
    It's right here, you've even posted in it but your post didn't get any attention, which, presumably is why you make seperate threads everytime you want to raise one of your many.. Many points.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...cussion-thread

And yes, you might also want to direct all discussions of Tyrande, Elune, highborne customization options, star-elf customization options to that thread.

But you won't, will you.
    Last edited by LarryFromHumanResources; 2021-08-01 at 08:02 PM.
    Corporate wishes everyone a happy new year

@ravenmoon and @Tanaria
    I'm fine if blizzard want to return the night elves to be the ideal example of all things elven. As long as blood elves continue to be what they are. I'm fine with nightborne being an example of how night elves can get along with blood elves while night elves carry the forward thrust of their lore for both civilization and forestry - as long as we keep Suramar. However - hear me out Raven,

Ultimately blizzard must decide what they want to be. Are allied races going to be main race level of influence? Or are they just supplements? are the void high elves going to be a main thing or just a supplement with blood elves being the main thing.. same with night elves and nightborne - are Nightborne going to be a main thing or just a supplement with night elves being the main thing whether for night elven civilization or long vigil type culture.

The Best Solution In My view
    I think it would be nice idea to develop nightborne.. especially as a kaldorei expression on the horde and have many of the broken isle kaldorei alongside them helping them and it becomes an alternate kaldorei based nation that is more pre-sundering night elf centred as opposed to the Darnassians who are more long vigil centred.

Both have all the elements, it's just the emphasis are different, significantly enough to feel like they are a different community, but clearly night elven. I think it's enough and a good place for a scenario where the same race is on both factions. But this entirely depends if blizzard want to make nightborne into a serious thing allowing them to be an expression and continuation of the night elves. Basically, the nightborne aren't some independent separate race, but a continuation of the night elf story, just that this part is horde aligned.

I'm pretty sure this is how @Mace viewed them anyway, in which case, you don't need night elves to have massive civilization developments on the alliance side because they do already via the horde side. To make it more obvious, developers should throw lots of kaldorei into Suramar, make some of them Nightborne who've regained their night elven form, some of them Moonguard night elves, Val'sharah night elves who've moved back in - i.e. ones who left Val'sharah during the nightmare and have now settled in their ancient regional capital that was shielded etc. They are horde aligned though.

With lots of night elves intermixed, it will feel like a night elf story, and they can extend this by actually giving nightborne a night elf model option - where the player can either play as a nightborne who's been healed by the Arcan'dor or one of the broken isle night elves. And just do exactly like we see with Pandaren, in that you never really show Nightborne come up against alliance Darnassians, but you occasionally show them working together when content focus shifts to their race like in Nazjatar for elves where Shandris and Thalyssra worked together, and like the Monk class order hall in Legion or in Vale of Eternal Blossoms in 8.3 where horde and alliance are cooperating.

I think this way you get a powerful night elf expression on both sides, and you can choose which one you like more, you can't claim that the kaldorei don't have their arcane heritage properly represented, because they do on the horde and you can't claim they neglect the powerful druidic visualisation because that's on the alliance, even though both have druids, both have mages, and moth have Elune priests, both have a city, both have beautiful forests. Most of Tyrande's group would be focused in on WC3 style units, and while they have mages yes etc, these are not often seen with them, but rather show up in alliance matters like the kirin'tor etc. Similarly on the horde, the nightborne do have druids with them from Val'sharah and Val'Sharah is part of their territory but the focus doesn't often got here persay.

Vals'ahrah will focus on druid class matters ofc, but with Hyjal back in play it can be used exclusively to explore the Nightborne's growth in druidsm and the help and corporation of restoring reverence of the wilds to the city folk and nature balance. It doesn't play a large role, , and when it does it focuses on exploring the balance between arcane nature - i.e. balance druidism in particular, just as the priesthood instead explores city life and it's arcane connection to Elune

What's the point? They've had so many chances to fix this or do this right They simply perpetuate their bad decisions.

At this point, i'll support any decision that restores some semblance of continuity, even this
    Valewalker Farodin: "Magic has long been a vice of the elves. It shaped us, and lifted us out of the darkness - but without balance, it also threatens to unmake us."

My long replies often repeat info to make sure: You get all the info I have, It is clear and complete, in case you didn't actually read the first one. New readers have context at hand and are reminded of the point

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    @ravenmoon and @Tanaria
    SNIP
    I'm down for anything, so long as Blood Elves and their fans get an updated Quel'Thalas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    I'm down for anything, so long as Blood Elves and their fans get an updated Quel'Thalas.
    Liking the new avatar pic btw

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Liking the new avatar pic btw
    Thank you.

It's my main, Blood Elf Arcane Mage. The only thing I wish I could use is something that looks like the Blood Elf Bandit Mask.
    Complete that TBC Sunfury Blood Elf Mage feel.