Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Star customisations for night elves - now please

That's it, these are too cool, and should be available immediately.

It's the Kaldorei - Children of the Stars, born from the arcane well of Eternity (moulded by the hand of Elune - or so they believe). This should have been the first set of customisations available. Because:

1. It signifies and highlights what the race is named after - the children of the stars
    2. It, along with the silver eyes highlight the night elves' arcane origin and why all elves are so gifted with arcane magic even if some (like Resto druids) do't use it.
    3. The game and lore has night elf priests, druids and mages - using arcane star and moon spells - go check the spells for druids, priests, Tyrande, and the Moonguard and Nightborne mages in Suramar.

So why no star customisations? This should have come first before leaf and tree symbols, and originally was the the main symbology of the night elves - not the trees.. it was the Well of Eternity, the Stars (representing the people) and the moon representing Elune).

original night elf background in wow was a moon well - not a tree.

It is the most unique thing about warcraft elves
    Seriously, high elves, dark elves and forest elves are not unique. However void elves and star focused night elves combining arcane and nature - that's unique. And to a lesser extent so are sun orientated elves, veering away from the traditional concept of high , dark and forest elves to something more unique that combines the two.. this is basically what they should focus on .. use their unique aspects.

I want this customisation for night elves and I want them to be steered back to be principally about the stars and moon, and form this the connection to the arcane and nature. No better place to have this than on their bodies..

here are some examples of other things they could do.

Elune-Tyrande does look amazing, so I support this request.

If they do customisations I want to see new patterns too, even things that reach the arm and body, like a full bodied star tattoos.

This image from the dragon prince, shows this star elf has stars all over his body, this would be very cool for night elves I think.
    @Mace and @Pheraz, @Feanoro and @Owen Burton might like these.

Well it is a little surprising (until you realise it's blizzard), when you think about it, the stars and moon are centred around the arcane, but are also the epitomy of nature too.. sol it's a theme that actually fits both their arcane and nature heritage, but absent.

you can chalk it down to blizzard not really understanding their own lore, or being lazy, or only being interested when it's cool. If they had focused on Tyrande and the priesthood properly a long time ago, we'd have since this far more heavily emphasised in both the pre-sundering and long vigil culture.

Yet it's in the lore and it is basically at the hear of the night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    It is the most unique thing about warcraft elves
    Seriously, high elves, dark elves and forest elves are not unique. However void elves and star focused night elves combining arcane and nature - that's unique. And to a lesser extent so are sun orientated elves, veering away from the traditional concept of high , dark and forest elves to something more unique that combines the two.. this is basically what they should focus on .. use their unique aspects.

I want this customisation for night elves and I want them to be steered back to be principally about the stars and moon, and form this the connection to the arcane and nature. No better place to have this than on their bodies..

here are some examples of other things they could do.
    Actually do you know how many unique concepts blizzard just leave lying around - they could have gone heavier on the suna dn blood theme for blood elves, but kept it largely generically high elven.

An-she and the Tauren sunwalkers is a unique theme yet how many times do you see that? nor do you see Tauren with the earth mother as minotaurs are usually spawn from hell, not nature loving peaceful cows

Want more? Void elves - so much unique they could do with that, yet they are often just left wallowing. Because the races aren't the focus.

7+ Year Old Account
    So why no star customisations?
    Probably because the average night elf does, in fact, not run around as Elunes personal Sock puppet.

I'm all for these extra fancy, godly-esque customization, but at least tie to to some lore event.

Formerly known as Arafal

Would cost a raid tier.

(Is this even funny anymore? I feel like it's not)

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Probably because the average night elf does, in fact, not run around as Elunes personal Sock puppet.

I'm all for these extra fancy, godly-esque customization, but at least tie to to some lore event.
    We already have Wildhammer customizations shoved into Dwarf, upright Orcs and Sand Trolls as part of Troll customization. If there's a .0001% chance that regular Night Elves can have glowy star pattern tatts, then allow it.

Not every Night Elf is a Night Warrior, yet the customization is totally open to anyone who wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Joke hasn't been funny in over 5 years
    That's what I thought, but it kinda fits here. This regime as it stands is totally over customizations. We know this because they said so.

I find myself now identifying as Elune's personal Sock-puppet.

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerEd View Post
    Elune-Tyrande does look amazing, so I support this request.
    me too, it was the only good thing about the Elune reveal. Blizzard do cool very well. Art very well, but the content of the stuff, of all the cool and potentially interesting ways they could develop those themes.. it's more disappointing than interesting or enjoyable of late.

Which is sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post

Actually do you know how many unique concepts blizzard just leave lying around - they could have gone heavier on the suna dn blood theme for blood elves, but kept it largely generically high elven.

An-she and the Tauren sunwalkers is a unique theme yet how many times do you see that? nor do you see Tauren with the earth mother as minotaurs are usually spawn from hell, not nature loving peaceful cows

Want more? Void elves - so much unique they could do with that, yet they are often just left wallowing. Because the races aren't the focus.
    They don't explore some of these symoblogies either, sun markings on Tauren? do we even know what the tribal markings on the art actually mean for Tauren?

and haven't blood elves been asking for tattoos like Rommath and void elves tattoos like Alleria's? I would expect Farstrider BElf fans would want tattoos similar to Alleria's available at the least !! @Tanaria @Varadoc

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    I find myself now identifying as Elune's personal Sock-puppet.
    If it means looking like Elune-rande, then i would gladly sacrifice a kidney or 2 to become a sock puppet as well.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    We already have Wildhammer customizations shoved into Dwarf, upright Orcs and Sand Trolls as part of Troll customization. If there's a .0001% chance that regular Night Elves can have glowy star pattern tatts, then allow it.

Not every Night Elf is a Night Warrior, yet the customization is totally open to anyone who wants it.
    Exactly.. night elves get night warrior dark eyes, and there is literally like one mention of it happening and no further explanation.

Why would star customisations be missing from a race that has handled the arcane since it's very beginning and has had this star/moon magic and connection with Elune? @arafel it's already in the lore, they just can't be bothered to explain it.

me too, it was the only good thing about the Elune reveal. Blizzard do cool very well. Art very well, but the content of the stuff, of all the cool and potentially interesting ways they could develop those themes.. it's more disappointing than interesting or enjoyable of late.

Which is sad.

- - - Updated - - -

They don't explore some of these symoblogies either, sun markings on Tauren? do we even know what the tribal markings on the art actually mean for Tauren?

and haven't blood elves been asking for tattoos like Rommath and void elves tattoos like Alleria's? I would expect Farstrider BElf fans would want tattoos similar to Alleria's available at the least !! @Tanaria @Varadoc
    Meh - for me, I'd prefer Blood Elves to have more "Magister" based tattoos.

It would seem only legendary high elven farstriders got tattoos, like Alleria.

Sylvanas never had tattoos when she was Ranger General
    Huldoran doesn't have any tattoos
    Lor'themar doesn't have any tattoos

Even the smaller characters like Scout Captain Elsia or those of the Eversong Blood Hawks, don't have tattoos.

I reckon, aside from Blood Elf Demon Hunters, tattoos are mainly a thing for Blood Elven Arcane users.

Which is sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, till this day we have no explanation for the Tauren markings, nor the ones added, would be nice though. And yes, I definitely want Rommath and Alleria type tattoos on blodo elves, especially mages and Farstriders - at least the option.
    @Tanaria I think warlock blood elves, after Rommath would be an excellent place for Rommath type tattoos, and a hint to the Illidari who use arcane tattoos to better control the extra power and demonic interference, they could even generate a new expression , a unique one for blood elf warlocks that is a combination of illidari teachings, blood elf sun magic and traditional warlock, so not your classical warlock.. afterall, most blood elf warlocks developed in their time with Illidan anyway, so in a sense they're probably the caster version of demon hunters in actuality than your traditional warlock.

And for Alleria and the Farstriders, I think void elves and blood elves hould have those but

1. Distinctly different patterns for both groups. (like this star glowing power "tattoo" on Tyrande is a different pattern to the arcane ones on the nightborne)
    2. Distinctly different colours for both groups. (blue, purple, grey, silver for void elves, red, green, black and gold for blood elves)

7+ Year Old Account
    Exactly.. night elves get night warrior dark eyes, and there is literally like one mention of it happening and no further explanation.
    What?
    Every single night elf running around Boralus and HD Darkshore has the black eye option on them.

Why would star customisations be missing from a race
    Because Blizzard decided to establish them without such physical traits.

That doesn't mean they can't add them in the future with whatever explanation they want, but as is night elves are not walking night skies.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-07-30 at 06:18 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks amazing but hope for it to not happen since it is a connection to full Elune empowerment.

I could accept the eyes at a stretch but the rest should feel more special.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Exactly, till this day we have no explanation for the Tauren markings, nor the ones added, would be nice though. And yes, I definitely want Rommath and Alleria type tattoos on blodo elves, especially mages and Farstriders - at least the option.
    @Tanaria I think warlock blood elves, after Rommath would be an excellent place for Rommath type tattoos, and a hint to the Illidari who use arcane tattoos to better control the extra power and demonic interference, they could even generate a new expression , a unique one for blood elf warlocks that is a combination of illidari teachings, blood elf sun magic and traditional warlock, so not your classical warlock.. afterall, most blood elf warlocks developed in their time with Illidan anyway, so in a sense they're probably the caster version of demon hunters in actuality than your traditional warlock.

And for Alleria and the Farstriders, I think void elves and blood elves hould have those but

1. Distinctly different patterns for both groups. (like this star glowing power "tattoo" on Tyrande is a different pattern to the arcane ones on the nightborne)
    2. Distinctly different colours for both groups. (blue, purple, grey, silver for void elves, red, green, black and gold for blood elves)
    Warlock Blood Elves just aren't a big thing - unless they get rid of the Sunwell again.
    Personally, if somebody like Azshara destroyed the Sunwell because she saw it as a gateway for the Void, then Blood Elf Warlocks might play more of a role, but I can't see it being that big of a thing.

Personally, I'd like to see more "Magister" based tattoos for the Blood Elves, with lots of reds, blues and purples.
    For Void Elves, Alleria based/high elf tattoos will ring true with the Farstriders. Especially if Blizzard stops being stubborn and gives them more "High Elf" features.

Indeed, I'm ok with the Void Elves taking up more of the "Farstrider" thing, whilst Blood Elves take up more of the "Magister" and "Blood Knight" thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it’ll happen, but I could careless if it’s in game or not.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Moonkin with glyph of the stars.

You are welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Warlock Blood Elves just aren't a big thing - unless they get rid of the Sunwell again.
    Personally, if somebody like Azshara destroyed the Sunwell because she saw it as a gateway for the Void, then Blood Elf Warlocks might play more of a role, but I can't see it being that big of a thing.

Personally, I'd like to see more "Magister" based tattoos for the Blood Elves, with lots of reds, blues and purples.
    For Void Elves, Alleria based/high elf tattoos will ring true with the Farstriders. Especially if Blizzard stops being stubborn and gives them more "High Elf" features.

Indeed, I'm ok with the Void Elves taking up more of the "Farstrider" thing, whilst Blood Elves take up more of the "Magister" and "Blood Knight" thing.
    I like the Farstrider theme a lot, I wouldn't want to lose that primarily to the void elves.. although it may be too late. If the current trend is continued, blood elves seem definitely down the light/sun path rather than the arcane which nightborne will take over, and void elves will get both the magical void and ranger aspects.

At the end of the day the elven ranger is the more powerful concept than the elven magician, look at Alleria, Sylvanas and most traditional fantasy anyway, humans will always dominate the mage scene over elves even if elves were written with the strong line, and the high/blood elves will always come second place traditional to the dark/night elf in the arcane - which is why the most powerful elven magical users are night elven - see Azshara, Illidan, Farondis, Elisande - all 4 seem to be more powerful than any blood elf in lore.

Same with the likes of Antonaidas, Khadgar, Medivh and Aegweyn still eclipse blood elf magisters in the game where they don't eclipse the night elven and nightborne ones. Then when you look at the most prominent Thalassian characters they are the female Windrunner sisters. Sylvanas, Alleria and Vereesa - they trump every other high, blood, void elf character in the game. It's the safer horse to bakc, unless you much prefer magic over the rangers - it's about 50/50 for me.

Gimme magical rangers ^^

- - - Updated - - -

What?
    Every single night elf running around Boralus and HD Darkshore has the black eye option on them.
    I was just highlighting it as an example of a customisation that is available with little to no lore.

But yes I agree, that adding lore to it would be very good, and the right thing to do. However would they need to? it's clear that his power is in connection with elune nad they are called children of the stars - but yes, some official explanation, mention or expanding would be good.

I like the Farstrider theme a lot, I wouldn't want to lose that primarily to the void elves.. although it may be too late. If the current trend is continued, blood elves seem definitely down the light/sun path rather than the arcane which nightborne will take over, and void elves will get both the magical void and ranger aspects.

At the end of the day the elven ranger is the more powerful concept than the elven magician, look at Alleria, Sylvanas and most traditional fantasy anyway, humans will always dominate the mage scene over elves even if elves were written with the strong line, and the high/blood elves will always come second place traditional to the dark/night elf in the arcane - which is why the most powerful elven magical users are night elven - see Azshara, Illidan, Farondis, Elisande - all 4 seem to be more powerful than any blood elf in lore.

Same with the likes of Antonaidas, Khadgar, Medivh and Aegweyn still eclipse blood elf magisters in the game where they don't eclipse the night elven and nightborne ones. Then when you look at the most prominent Thalassian characters they are the female Windrunner sisters. Sylvanas, Alleria and Vereesa - they trump every other high, blood, void elf character in the game. It's the safer horse to bakc, unless you much prefer magic over the rangers - it's about 50/50 for me.

Gimme magical rangers ^^
    See, I don't really understand this.

Blood Elves are light-wielding Elves, but their doesn't seem to be this huge "overtake" and "push" for Blood Knight lore. I mean, yes - we had Silvermoon Blood Knights and Silvermoon Magisters command the Arathi Highlands warfront, but then during the warfronts, the Honorbound Arcanists were all Blood Elves and Nightborne. Plus, we saw all 3 main sectors of Sin'dorei society in Nazmir, with Blood Knights, Blood Mages and Farstriders

Then in 8.2, the main Blood Elves that you saw were all Farstriders.

I actually think Blood Elves have gotten some well balanced attention across all 3 main sections.

The Magisters have, in most cases, always played a part in Blood Elf lore development. The only time this didn't happen was in Cataclysm during 4.1, when High Elven and Blood Elven Rangers worked together to defeat the Amani.