Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    No one playing survival? if there is a hunter in one of my mythic + 95% of the time its survival so not sure how you think no one is playing it?, I rarely see a MM and even less BM in my groups. I play MM though
    This thread was posted before 9.2.5 when SV's play rate was a lot lower.

It's gone up a lot now but it's still lower than you'd expect given SV's huge tuning advantage and it's evident that it's mostly people rerolling from other classes just for SV in M+; BM and MM M+ participation is still just as high as it was last patch and in raiding and casual play SV is still relatively underplayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    SV is melee, I've played Hunter since day 1 and I did not choose Hunter to play a melee class, I LOVED survival in TBC today's survival spec holds absolutely no interest to me as I don't like to play melee classes, so technically I had one of my ranged albeit my favourite ranged class removed.

I am still playing Hunter but I found MM since Legion has been ruined I mean "Rapid fire" can go die in a fire and BM is while has a DoT upkeep mechanic is just not as fun, it's why I'm seriously going to main Evoker away from the class I've played since the start of the game.
    I feel you, im a old MM main and the specc havent been itself since the legion rework of it (not to mention thanks to survs rework it screwed over MM aswell). This season is the first time in 14 years i reroll another class as a main, i can only hope that DF atleast do some job to fix the atrocious state hunters in general are in at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    ironically there's still more BM and MM parses than SV. even with BM being an extremely bad spec this patch lol.
    There’s more BM parses than Arms, Outlaw, Windwalker, Feral, Ret, Unholy, Assassination, Enhancement, and Frost in mythic. On Heroic there’s more BM parses for every melee but Fury.

If I could duel weld swords or axes or daggers...I'd play a SV hunter!

Quote Originally Posted by Bepples View Post
    This thread was posted before 9.2.5 when SV's play rate was a lot lower.

It's gone up a lot now but it's still lower than you'd expect given SV's huge tuning advantage and it's evident that it's mostly people rerolling from other classes just for SV in M+; BM and MM M+ participation is still just as high as it was last patch and in raiding and casual play SV is still relatively underplayed.
    It’s huge tuning advantage only applies to Cleave/AoE fights, with MM not really being that far behind. It’s easier for people to play MM/BM and not have to try and get different gear for multiple specs. That said, when a fight comes about that lets SV shine, like Pantheon, then it f**king shines.
    You also pointed out m+ which is where SV truly shows it’s strengths with all of the stacked mobs and AoE packs. Having almost double of the amount of parses as Hunter’s other specs shows the difference in how the specs work. It’s the 2nd highest parsed spec, just behind Destro Lock.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2022-05-24 at 05:00 PM.

Because there is enough melee and people rolled Hunters to play a ranged physical dps class.