Getting People past their Sticking point

I think that a big Sticking point for many WoW and other MMO gamers in general when it comes to FFXIV is the combat system. I myself thought it was a bit clunky upon first toying with it. It took me getting so fed up with other MMO's lackluster storylines and gameplay etc, to finally give it a good honest go during lockdown last year. After Hitting 50, and 60 on most classes the games combat really opens up its OGCD abilities that come into play with certain traits that you unlock at unfortunately later levels, really speed things up and change the whole dynamic of combat. Sadly though many never make it to this point to see how dynamic the game's combat can be.

What would be some ways to express that to new or older gamers who haven't tried FF yet, or those who were initially turned off ?

do palace of the dead, it templates you to level 60 with all abilities to that point unlocked

Lets you try any job you have unlocked at a higher level

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    do palace of the dead, it templates you to level 60 with all abilities to that point unlocked

Doesn't Palace start you off at level 1?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Your thinking of Heaven on High but that still requires a level 61 to access.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Doesn't Palace start you off at level 1?
    If you're new to it, yes. Once you get the levels and aether for your weapon and armor, it'll lock you at 60 once you start farming the go-to floors everyone farms
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    Your thinking of Heaven on High but that still requires a level 61 to access.
    Not just level 61, but also level 50 of the regular PotD
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    If you're new to it, yes. Once you get the levels and aether for your weapon and armor, it'll lock you at 60 once you start farming the go-to floors everyone farms
    Was not aware of that.

Was not aware of that.
    ya was never a thing I cared about cause I knew I was gonna max all jobs

just something I noticed while doing so

Yes That would be an option once it's unlocked. I actually ALWAYS tried jobs out that way. I set up even from early levels once I unlock a job it's abilities. Most jobs though have few skills until you unlock it's advanced job. Eg, Marauder / WAR.
    I've taken many pre-30, Classes through Palace of the Dead, once you set up their hot bars You have to redo them once you lock your advanced job and equip it's crystal.
    Anyways, I guess I wanted to start this thread To sort of Warm up the discussion of how to reassure new or returning players to the game that the slower-ish combat due to lack of OGCD's and 2.5 sec GCD, make the initial go in the game perhaps feel a little off-putting to some.
    I KNOW that if you took a level 60 GNB or MNK, for instance and put them in those players hands they would have a totally different take on the games combat system.

Was not aware of that.
    Mind you, Palace of the Dead has it's own leveling mechanic, you can be like level 32 outside of it, but still be 60 inside, so you can use all the abilities up to level 60 for the class/job you queue up as.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."