Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
20
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Oh thank god Blizzard is thinking of the cash shop whales and their sadness chariots.

    Really putting their priorities in order right now.
    It's indeed the motive that makes this whole move so cynical. It's not a response to general toxicity, it's response to shield their more lucrative customers and ensure their micro transaction products remain valuable.

    Almost makes me want to see this whole thing go full Streisand Effect and see a general outpouring against players displaying store bought items. Not because the players deserve it, but merely to begrudge Blizzard their cynical cash grabbing.

  2. #182
    Well if blizz wants a non toxic game they should implement a system that rewards players for being supportive to one another. Lets say big reward is at 100 000 good player points and smaller rewards in between.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    It's indeed the motive that makes this whole move so cynical. It's not a response to general toxicity, it's response to shield their more lucrative customers and ensure their micro transaction products remain valuable.

    Almost makes me want to see this whole thing go full Streisand Effect and see a general outpouring against players displaying store bought items. Not because the players deserve it, but merely to begrudge Blizzard their cynical cash grabbing.
    Which motive is that? The one some rando on an internet fansite decided for blizzard while doing something so similar to what blizzard is doing it isn't even funny?

  4. #184
    This is the beginning of the end. Have fun with your turbo wokeshit

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Which motive is that? The one some rando on an internet fansite decided for blizzard while doing something so similar to what blizzard is doing it isn't even funny?
    I struggle at parsing your sentence. But I'll just use this opportunity to reiterate my point:

    Blizzard doesn't care about toxicity unless it affects their cash shop sales.

  6. #186
    Just replace it with /pick

  7. #187
    The Lightbringer Sanguinerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Knowhere
    Posts
    3,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Blizzard doesn't care about toxicity unless it affects their cash shop sales.
    Based on... what?

    Besides your imagination ofcourse.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidSeeker199X View Post
    This is the beginning of the end. Have fun with your turbo wokeshit
    It's been the beginning of the end ever since BFA with fattie race and every leader being female and ever male leader being a mean bastard ripe for replacement of a kind and caring female. This is RPG in the west currently. In 50 years these years will look like the second dark ages with digital witch burnings and crusades.

  9. #189
    Blizzard seems disconnected from reality.

    Something is going wrong at the company internally and they have the audacity to attack the players for being abusive.

    Seems they don't have mirrors at Blizzard HQ. It's always someone elses fault.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Based on... what?

    Besides your imagination ofcourse.
    Because /rude, /insult, /fart, /pick and others are still in the game because they aren't, currently, being used to 'offend' people in-game.

    It's funny we can kill people, loot corpses, skin animals, burn houses and crops, not to mention straight up genocide in various quests and activities but spitting is across the line.

    They are smart though, now the community will splinter and fight amongst themselves over something stupid so that their rape culture can be forgotten.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Based on... what?

    Besides your imagination ofcourse.
    Besides me imagination there's also the observation that Blizzard pushing the boundaries of wat players consider acceptable by introducing purchasable products into The Burning Crusade that never existed in the original version. Blizzard knew this was going to be contentious, after all, they went out of their way to make sure Classic was authentica as they could manage. In a game with hundreds of exotic mounts this seems trivial, but in a game that only has a limited scala of mounts, that one extra premium mount, with a higher poly count and texture quality than the rest of the assets in the game sticks out like a sore thumb.

    Blizzard was testing the waters, taunting the players just to see if the players were able to swallow it. Their bluff got called and now management is lashing back at all this insolence through ham fisted censorship.

  12. #192
    Remove the sell-run business as far as possible , wether for gold or cash. And that’s that. I‘ve been playing this game since the Vanilla Beta days and things got worse everytime „the loosend the reigns“. Another factor was probably those group finder tools and the anonymity that came with them. Yes, in the short run it fills their pockets, but in the long run they‘ll lose a lot of long term subscribers. When the toxic crowd moves on to their next FOTM-Game… at a certain point there is Nobody left. Bobby Kotick and the Gang think in quarters, in a Game designed for decades…

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Just replace it with /pick
    I would replace it with 'hug'. Just give all the players with store mounts a nice good hug, because clearly they need one.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    If you consider rallying people to mass harass others because they are using a mount is not toxic then YOU should go off the internet, go outside and learn some empathy.
    In an online computer game somebody doing an emote to your character about a mount...."harassing"... Jesus...the word "snowflake" is not even close to describe who get offended by this....Seriously..get a life..

  15. #195
    Do people not realize it's just a game and it isn't real?

  16. #196
    Imagine being upset you cant /spit on someone because they spent $$ on a game...lol.

  17. #197
    Immortal Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    7,842
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post
    In an online computer game somebody doing an emote to your character about a mount...."harassing"... Jesus...the word "snowflake" is not even close to describe who get offended by this....Seriously..get a life..
    Ah its a game, so its okay to be an absolute douchebag. Got it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    was spit emote really a problem?
    Obviously yes. Just because you, me, or others can just ignore it doesn't mean others aren't effected by it. It's an easy fix.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    Awww, all the special snowflakes who bought the mount to be noticed... aren't happy that people are not worshipping them. This must have crushed their self esteem so much that they complained to daddy Blizzard to remove all the bad people from their positive reinforcement bubble
    Not really the case but continue to defend trash human behaviour.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    Well if blizz wants a non toxic game they should implement a system that rewards players for being supportive to one another. Lets say big reward is at 100 000 good player points and smaller rewards in between.
    Harder to do than removing the ability to target an emote.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Based on... what?

    Besides your imagination ofcourse.
    Ding, ding ding.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokesTooMuch View Post
    Imagine being upset you cant /spit on someone because they spent $$ on a game...lol.
    Imagine not understanding everyone is different and that different things effect us all differently I'm sure something that upsets you could be considered weak by other people.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Ah its a game, so its okay to be an absolute douchebag. Got it.
    Yup. Thus thread is highlighting the toxic players.

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Obviously yes. Just because you, me, or others can just ignore it doesn't mean others aren't effected by it. It's an easy fix.
    What exactly was the problem?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    What exactly was the problem?
    Non existent if you are a human that can walk out of the house and function socially.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •